View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 31st, 2014, 2:02 pm

Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Senior Bowl. 
Rookie Player of the Year

Post Re: Senior Bowl.
Ansah is actually a better fit if Schwartz is going to stick with freaking wide 9, but in the 10-15 range not at # 5. Ansah is this season's Pierre-Paul, an athletic freak that needs to be coached up on his pass rush moves and reading his keys. He's not the guy I want to see drafted but I can see if they move back but st the same time I hope they move back for Warmack.

January 23rd, 2013, 8:32 pm
Team MVP

sweetd20 wrote:
Ansah is actually a better fit if Schwartz is going to stick with freaking wide 9, but in the 10-15 range not at # 5. Ansah is this season's Pierre-Paul, an athletic freak that needs to be coached up on his pass rush moves and reading his keys. He's not the guy I want to see drafted but I can see if they move back but st the same time I hope they move back for Warmack.

THIS.

And i dont want to use a 1st round pick based on a players "potential".

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

January 23rd, 2013, 10:08 pm
Hall of Fame Player

kdsberman wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
It could just be a smokescreen, but all indications to me suggest that we're going to draft Dee Millner, no matter what (unless he's gone, of course, but I don't see that happening).

Ya know, at 5 Id be a little disappointed because I think that is a little too high for Milliner, but in the end it would fill a hole (or at least we think it will).

I just think if Werner is there, we should take him (not to get off subject). I think Avril is as good as gone, KVB is only declining, and the coaching staff keeps saying this D-line is the backbone of this defense, we cant let the D-line be a weak point. With Suh/Fairley at tackle, we gotta keep the unit strong.

I am fairly confident that Avril will be on the team for the 2013 season. You just DO NOT let your top pass rusher walk. We will franchise him again if we have to.

January 24th, 2013, 12:10 am
BillySims wrote:
kdsberman wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
It could just be a smokescreen, but all indications to me suggest that we're going to draft Dee Millner, no matter what (unless he's gone, of course, but I don't see that happening).

Ya know, at 5 Id be a little disappointed because I think that is a little too high for Milliner, but in the end it would fill a hole (or at least we think it will).

I just think if Werner is there, we should take him (not to get off subject). I think Avril is as good as gone, KVB is only declining, and the coaching staff keeps saying this D-line is the backbone of this defense, we cant let the D-line be a weak point. With Suh/Fairley at tackle, we gotta keep the unit strong.

I am fairly confident that Avril will be on the team for the 2013 season. You just DO NOT let your top pass rusher walk. We will franchise him again if we have to.

Tell that to New England...

:idea: :arrow:

January 24th, 2013, 12:14 am
Hall of Fame Player

wjb21ndtown wrote:
BillySims wrote:
kdsberman wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:

And tell me they have not regretted it. The still have not replaced Seymore. And they have not won squat since then.

January 24th, 2013, 12:20 am
BillySims wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
BillySims wrote:
kdsberman wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:

And tell me they have not regretted it. The still have not replaced Seymore. And they have not won squat since then.

Yea, you're right, the Patriots totally regret trading an injury prone, washed up DE for a first round pick...

:roll:

Seymore was due a huge payday, just like Avril. The Lions would be smart to let him walk, just like the Pats did with Seymore.

January 24th, 2013, 12:34 am
5th Round Pick - Traded

wjb21ndtown wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:
BillySims wrote:
Pablo wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:
Fisher, the LT from CMU, is soaring up draft boards because of his reportedly awesome showing in Senior Bowl practices. Did he he just become an option at 5?

He was already projected as top 15, I don't think he has shot up to #5 yet.

Pat Kirwan says that Fisher has Joe Thomas abilities.

Yeah--a lot of people are saying he might surpass Joeckel on the big board.

I highly doubt that's the case. Joeckel is not just the #1 LT, but the #1 player in the draft right now. He may elevat himself into the first round, but not the first overall pick, or the first OLman off of the board, IMO.

I just hope the Lions don't get "cute" and pass on proven talent for someone that they liked in the Senior Bowl. Last time we coached this damn game we had a horrible draft.

I have watched all the Senior bowl practices and Fisher has been (by far) the most impressive prospect there. This kid is easily a top ten talent, and I would have no problem with the Lions taking him at 5. He's stonewalled everybody they have thrown at him.
Another player I was impressed by was Brian Schwenke a center from Cal. 6-3 307. He currently is carrying a 4-5th round grade.
Lots of impressive corner back talent, and this could bode well for the Lions as we would not have to spend a high pick to get a talented kid to add to the playing group, so far the most impressive have been Desmond Trufant from Washington and Jordan Poyer from Oregon state.
Of the DE's there, Datone Jones from UCLA has impressed the most, and Ziggy Ansah who has been so highly touted hasn't lived up to the hype, and looks like a project that I wouldn't want to spend a high pick on.

January 24th, 2013, 9:17 am
5th Round Pick - Traded

Well, in my previous post I'd said " Ziggy Ansah who has been so highly touted hasn't lived up to the hype, and looks like a project that I wouldn't want to spend a high pick on "
Boy was I wrong. The kid looked like a fish out of water in drills during the week. On game day he was probably the most impressive player on the field. Definitely 1st round material.

January 27th, 2013, 8:06 pm
Hall of Fame Player

liontrax wrote:
I have watched all the Senior bowl practices and Fisher has been (by far) the most impressive prospect there. This kid is easily a top ten talent, and I would have no problem with the Lions taking him at 5. He's stonewalled everybody they have thrown at him.
Another player I was impressed by was Brian Schwenke a center from Cal. 6-3 307. He currently is carrying a 4-5th round grade.
Lots of impressive corner back talent, and this could bode well for the Lions as we would not have to spend a high pick to get a talented kid to add to the playing group, so far the most impressive have been Desmond Trufant from Washington and Jordan Poyer from Oregon state.
Of the DE's there, Datone Jones from UCLA has impressed the most, and Ziggy Ansah who has been so highly touted hasn't lived up to the hype, and looks like a project that I wouldn't want to spend a high pick on.

I have been demanding a CB for years. I would be thrilled with Milliner. But, this year, there is a pleasant surprise in that the draft is absolutely loaded with DB's. And I think we will be able to get a very good CB in the 2nd round.

So, given that, plus the facts that there are 2 VERY GOOD OLT's and at least 1 of them will still be there at #5, coupled with the fact that Backus isn't getting any younger, also coupled with the belief that we will not be picking in the top 5 again anytime soon......

P.S. I am also assuming Avril will be a Lion for the 2013 season.

I would try to trade down 1 or 2 spots and then take an OT. Preferably, Fisher. But, I would be just as happy to take him at #5 if we can't trade down. This guy is the next Joe Thomas.

2nd round should get us an NFL starting caliber CB.
3rd Round should get us a starter at Safety.
4th Round Hopefully, we get a 4th round comp pick and use it on a Center.
5th - 7th Rounds... I wouldn't mind seeing us use these picks on Senior Bowl players like the DB that ran the opening Kick Off back something like 45 yards. Brainfarting on his name right now. And there was a Linebacker for us that was seemingly in on every play and just hammering guys, I think his last name was Hughes.

January 27th, 2013, 9:15 pm
Hall of Fame Player

liontrax wrote:
Well, in my previous post I'd said " Ziggy Ansah who has been so highly touted hasn't lived up to the hype, and looks like a project that I wouldn't want to spend a high pick on "
Boy was I wrong. The kid looked like a fish out of water in drills during the week. On game day he was probably the most impressive player on the field. Definitely 1st round material.

Yeah. He was definitely the opposite of a Rod Marinelli guy. LOL. I would take a team full of players the practice like crap and come to play on Sunday.

January 27th, 2013, 9:17 pm
Walk On

At this point, what is really considered high with the new rookie wage scale. We need unquestionable playmakers and all these quys are questionable until they dawn a uniform on Sunday and show us what they got. We can evaluate until the cows come home and still strike out, so why not do it with a glaring need in our secondary. Because I've seen enough of these mid-level DB's we've employed to fill holes. I would be a little more skeptical with the old scale paying players 80 mil. out of college. But Milliner needs to be the pick unless he's gone.

kdsberman wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:

January 28th, 2013, 3:12 pm
Mufasa wrote:
At this point, what is really considered high with the new rookie wage scale. We need unquestionable playmakers and all these quys are questionable until they dawn a uniform on Sunday and show us what they got. We can evaluate until the cows come home and still strike out, so why not do it with a glaring need in our secondary. Because I've seen enough of these mid-level DB's we've employed to fill holes. I would be a little more skeptical with the old scale paying players 80 mil. out of college. But Milliner needs to be the pick unless he's gone.

kdsberman wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:

What do we do at LT, arguably the 2nd most important position on the team, next to Qb? Play Backus for another year? He barely got through last season, and his effectiveness was definitely on the decline last year. Rely on Reiff? He couldn't take the position from an aging, AND injured Backus. Rely on Fox? That's flat out silly. What bout RT? Go with Gos? Go with Fox?

We need an OT on this team, and I contend that we absolutely have to add a legitimate LT in this seasons offseason (either draft or FA). I think we can sign a reliable CB much easier and cheaper than we can sign a reliable LT.

January 28th, 2013, 4:02 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

I Agree with wjb and others stating OT 1st. I woultn be mad with Milliner (or some other CB if they blow everyone out of the water at Combine AND Interviews (Rhodes could vault up to top 10 even if its a longshot), but would prefer an LT in Joekel or Fisher. Having Backus as a Backup teaching these guys how to be Pros and filling in for any injuries, we could let Gos walk if he wont resign cheap and plug in Reiff at RT, and then we just need to replace peterman (Nagy/Midround Draftpick/FA) this year and Dom next year to be improving on the OL).

January 28th, 2013, 4:22 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Walk On

So we gave Gos all those year's to take the LT spot, but Reiff who I thought we drafted as a LT in the first Rd last year only gets his rookie season to prove he can take down the position. I remember that kid drafted by the Rams out of Baylor (and I remember some people on this board screaming for this kid, Jason something...) who was supposedly a solid LT to come out in years by some draft experts got at least 4 yrs. to proved he sucked. They weren't completely sold on "the blindside" in Baltimore his first season. So what happens if we take a shot on Fisher, because I highly doubt Joekel will get pass Andy Reid and he turns out to be like Jason from Baylor while Milliner is the next Revis and Reiff finds his legs to push Fisher to RT or worse back up to Reiff? Can u say with confidence that won't happen? No. Just like I can't say with confidence Milliner is the next Revis. But what I do know, we won't be stuck with 2 sucky LT's instead of 1, if Fisher isn't as solid as they're making him out to be and Milliner will probably still be better than what we have in the secondary and our money won't be tied up in DB's like two year's in a roll supposedly LT's similar to our back to back 1st RD WR's situation not to long ago.

wjb21ndtown wrote:
Mufasa wrote:

kdsberman wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:

What do we do at LT, arguably the 2nd most important position on the team, next to Qb? Play Backus for another year? He barely got through last season, and his effectiveness was definitely on the decline last year. Rely on Reiff? He couldn't take the position from an aging, AND injured Backus. Rely on Fox? That's flat out silly. What bout RT? Go with Gos? Go with Fox?

We need an OT on this team, and I contend that we absolutely have to add a legitimate LT in this seasons offseason (either draft or FA). I think we can sign a reliable CB much easier and cheaper than we can sign a reliable LT.

January 28th, 2013, 5:21 pm
Walk On

Or spend money to bring a LT here. At least we'll know what we're getting.

wjb21ndtown wrote:
Mufasa wrote:

kdsberman wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:

January 28th, 2013, 5:28 pm
Reply to topic   [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next