View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 25th, 2014, 2:33 pm

Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 2013 Lions Draft Wish List 
Walk On

Post 2013 Lions Draft Wish List
1 Rd (5) Dee Milliner (CB) Alabama (lock down corner)

2 Rd (36) Margus Hunt (DE) S.M.U. (D end with upside)

3 Rd (67) Bacarri Rambo (S) Georgia (Ball Hawk)

5 Rd (132) Kenyon Barner (RB) Oregon (Best replacement)

6 Rd (163) Blidi Wren-Wilson (CB) UConn (Big Physical speedy corner with upside)

7 Rd (197) Tyler Shaw (WR) N.W. Missouri St. (Return Guy) developmental/4.3 speed

What's your wish list?

January 26th, 2013, 8:00 pm
Bubbles the Lion

Post Re: 2013 Lions Draft Wish List
We would also be getting a compensation pick for Eric Wright leaving. That is based off of FA contracts right? So we get to add another 5-7th pick in there.

I don't Barner will still be around past the 3rd, but I guess this is why this is a wish list.

January 26th, 2013, 10:33 pm
Team MVP

How bout we use the draft forum?

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

January 27th, 2013, 5:14 pm
Team MVP

IMO, Milliner isnt a "lock down corner". And I wouldnt take him at 5. Id like him, but not at 5. Again, just my opinion.

I still think that if Bjoern Werner is still on the board at #5, we should take him. That is assuming Avril is gone. If Avril gets re-signed, I think it really might be in Detroits best interest to move up and take Joeckel, which really shouldnt take a whole lot to give up to move up a few spots. If not that, TRADE DOWN. Id like for them to trade down and take Jonothan Banks or Chance Warmack.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

January 27th, 2013, 10:11 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

I think there are two things people are missing on Milliner. Those two things are that last season he was the #2 guy that teams went after and he made them pay and this season 'Bama had no pass rush and he once again answered the bell. The only reason I wouldn't take him at #5 is at this point in my evaluation of the top 5 or 6 CBs I don't see whole lot seperating them.

January 27th, 2013, 11:33 pm
QB Coach

It seems like every year I pay less and less attention to college ball. So I'm still looking into specific players. With as many holes as we're going to have, we have to come out of this draft with a few starters. My wish list in terms of positions is a corner, right guard, center, defensive end, safety and linebacker, with at least the CB, S and RG coming on to start.

Edited to add: Forgot that we could also use a speed back. We need more picks!

January 27th, 2013, 11:48 pm

inheritedlionsfan wrote:
It seems like every year I pay less and less attention to college ball. So I'm still looking into specific players. With as many holes as we're going to have, we have to come out of this draft with a few starters. My wish list in terms of positions is a corner, right guard, center, defensive end, safety and linebacker, with at least the CB, S and RG coming on to start.

Edited to add: Forgot that we could also use a speed back. We need more picks!

Well good news: according to MLive, a blog that is good at predicting these things said that we should get a 4th rounder for Wright and a 7th for Stanton.

January 28th, 2013, 10:00 am
Walk On

Don't anyone else have a wish list, instead of evaluating mine. That's the whole point of this exercise. I'm sure everyone have a different list, that's why I never asked for opinions.

January 28th, 2013, 3:00 pm

Mufasa wrote:
Don't anyone else have a wish list, instead of evaluating mine. That's the whole point of this exercise. I'm sure everyone have a different list, that's why I never asked for opinions.

All rounds: BPA Offensive and Defensive Lines, RB, or Secondary

I should say that's contingent on us filling holes in free agency. This is Mayhew's stated strategy (BPA within reason in the draft, fill holes in FA)--the problem is, he didn't do it last year, so his draft looked bad (even though it wasn't).

I want to see Mayhew get back to the ruthless attitude he had when he took over (anybody remember 'there have been too many hugs around here'?)

January 28th, 2013, 3:10 pm
We absolutely have to have a reliable LT on our roster, and I don't see Backus as being that option in 2013. Depending on what we do in FA, I prefer Joeckel or Fisher at #5 at this point in time.

I really don't think Bacarri will be available in the 3rd round, but I could be wrong. I think someone will take him in the 2nd, despite his character concerns.

My "wish list" would have a first round CB falling to the 2nd, but my "realistic list" has us taking the best CB/FS/LB/OG/OC in the 2nd round on down to the end. Any time in round 4 or later I'd like to look at a guy to be a KR/PR guy. I'd consider the Honey Badger in the 3rd round or later.

January 28th, 2013, 3:59 pm
5th Round Pick - Traded

Mufasa wrote:

Ok, here goes! At this early juncture, mine would be:

1 Eric Fisher OT Central Michigan - The Lions would be set at Tackle for the next decade.
2 Ziggy Ansah DE BYU - Although I doubt he will last this long. But hey it's a wish list!
3 Phillip Thomas S Fresno State - Had a hard time not taking a Guard here, just feel the need at Safety is bigger.
4 Zavier Gooden LB Missouri - This kid impressed me in the Senior Bowl, and although we currently don't have a 4th, rumor is we will be getting a comp pick.
5 Brian Schwenke C California - This kid impressed me in the Senior Bowl as well, and played some at guard. By Dom!
6 J.J. Wilcox SS Georgia Southern - We need the depth.
7 Kerwynn Williams RB Utah State - You should see this kids high-lite tapes.

Ok, I know I didn't address CB's, but I just don't see where Milliner has separated himself enough to justify the top 5 pick. Fisher has. If the Lions trade back in the 1st, then I'd expect them to get a corner or safety (hoping for Kenny Vaccaro S Texas), if not in the 1st, then in the 2nd, after that the quality will drop off for corners. I also left out WR's, but what ya gonna do? Too many needs and not enough picks.

January 28th, 2013, 10:49 pm

trade down to the 9-12 range for a 1st, 3rd, a 4th, and a 2014 2nd. Maybe someone wants BJeorn Warner or Dee Milliner(also trading away Jacob Lacy and a 2014 5th) and Sign RB-Chris Rainey

1.Xavior Rhodes(CB-FSU)
2.Bacarri Rambo(S-Georgia)
3.William Gholston(DE-MSU)
3.Barrett Jones(C-Bama)
4.John Cyprien(S-FIU)
5.Robert Alford(CB/KR-SE Louisianna)

Trade back into the 5th

5.Best DL left
6.Denard Robinson

guys who will probably be FAs:

DBs/Tyrann Matthiue, Dexter McCoil(may want him if we miss Cyprien), Cooper Taylor, Aaron Hester, Kieth McGill
DEs-Craig Roh, Devin Taylor
RBs-Onterrio McCalb, Cierre Wood, Montee Ball
WRs-Roy Roundtree,

January 29th, 2013, 5:48 am
Team MVP

Killwill25 wrote:
trade down to the 9-12 range for a 1st, 3rd, a 4th, and a 2014 2nd. Maybe someone wants BJeorn Warner or Dee Milliner(also trading away Jacob Lacy and a 2014 5th) and Sign RB-Chris Rainey

1.Xavior Rhodes(CB-FSU)
3.Barrett Jones(C-Bama)
4.John Cyprien(S-FIU)

Trade back into the 5th

5.Best DL left
6.Denard Robinson

DBs/Tyrann Matthiue, Dexter McCoil(may want him if we miss Cyprien), Cooper Taylor, Aaron Hester, Kieth McGill
WRs-Roy Roundtree,

Im a big State fan and I wouldnt burn a 3rd round pick on Gholston. He is a beast, but he wouldnt fit it on this team. Has no pass rushing skills whatsover. Im thinking a 3-4 team would want him, not a 4-3.

January 29th, 2013, 9:58 am
5th Round Pick - Traded

kdsberman wrote:
Killwill25 wrote:

1.Xavior Rhodes(CB-FSU)
3.Barrett Jones(C-Bama)
4.John Cyprien(S-FIU)

Trade back into the 5th

5.Best DL left
6.Denard Robinson

WRs-Roy Roundtree,

Im a big State fan and I wouldnt burn a 3rd round pick on Gholston. He is a beast, but he wouldnt fit it on this team. Has no pass rushing skills whatsover. Im thinking a 3-4 team would want him, not a 4-3.

Somewhat agree, feel he could be coached up to be a better pass ruher, though he never showed enough at State. Wouldn't be surprised to see him flourish in the NFL, he has the tools.

January 29th, 2013, 10:55 am
Veteran General Manager

Killwill25 wrote:

1.Xavior Rhodes(CB-FSU)
3.Barrett Jones(C-Bama)
4.John Cyprien(S-FIU)

Trade back into the 5th

5.Best DL left
6.Denard Robinson

WRs-Roy Roundtree,

How awesome would it be to have RAMBO playing for us? LOL. He did have a pretty good showing at the Senior Bowl.

January 29th, 2013, 10:59 am
Reply to topic   [ 123 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next