View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 21st, 2014, 8:22 pm

Reply to topic  [ 597 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 40  Next
 Killer's Korner 
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Post Re: Killer's Korner
Why are coahes like Belicheck and Harbaugh successfull.... because they know how to change the schemes from year to year, game to game, and sometimes even quarter to quarter to do what needs to be done to defeat the current enemy/opposing schemes.

It seems to me like our coaches are just overly stubborn that they will Live or Die by there way, where flexibility is the 1 key that unites all the good coaches/teams.

If we apply the same methodologies as last year, turnover a bunch of the roster (for cheap FAs/rookies since we cant afford anything more) , how can they possibly think that mentality will equal success.

The fudge!ng Cowbell isnt working... so More Cowbell must be the answer.

January 22nd, 2013, 6:18 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

Pablo wrote:
speaking of the wide 9...

"We're not going to 3-4," Schwarz said -- and he said the Wide 9, where defensive ends line up outside the tight end for better pass-rushing angles, is here to stay, too.

"What we want to do is try to put our players in the best position that fits their skill level," Schwartz said at the Senior Bowl. "We didn't have enough sacks this year to be able to blame that on the Wide 9."

so the huge gaping run lanes up the middle that opposing offenses have been able to enjoy should not be blaimed on the wide 9? I'm not understanding the logic here....

January 22nd, 2013, 6:50 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

"What we are doing isnt working here.... but it isnt because of what we are doing..... so we are going to do it more".

January 22nd, 2013, 9:22 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
RIP Killer

TMZ wrote:
Louie Anderson Saved By Ndamukong Suh After 'Splash' Mishap
Comedian Louie Anderson narrowly averted disaster this week at a taping of "Splash" -- because he nearly sank to the bottom of the pool from sheer exhaustion -- but thankfully, Detroit Lions star Ndamukong Suh came to the rescue.

Sources close to the production tell TMZ, Louie -- who's a contestant on the show -- was practicing his dives on Wednesday when he became a little too bushed to pull himself up the ladder ... falling back into the water again and again.

We're told Louie eventually had to be rescued by Suh and divemaster Greg Louganis -- who physically lifted the foundering funnyman to the poolside. Louie then sat coughing up water for several seconds.

Despite the scare, we're told Louie's gonna be fine -- his rep says Louie is already “feeling great, loving the challenge."

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2013/01/28/louie-and ... z2JHeYxQGM
Visit the TMZ Store: http://tmzstore.com

Yes, I just quoted an article from TMZ - awesome...

January 28th, 2013, 11:18 am
Profile WWW
Heisman Winner

Pablo wrote:
TMZ wrote:
Comedian Louie Anderson narrowly averted disaster this week at a taping of "Splash" -- because he nearly sank to the bottom of the pool from sheer exhaustion -- but thankfully, Detroit Lions star Ndamukong Suh came to the rescue.

Sources close to the production tell TMZ, Louie -- who's a contestant on the show -- was practicing his dives on Wednesday when he became a little too bushed to pull himself up the ladder ... falling back into the water again and again.

We're told Louie eventually had to be rescued by Suh and divemaster Greg Louganis -- who physically lifted the foundering funnyman to the poolside. Louie then sat coughing up water for several seconds.

Despite the scare, we're told Louie's gonna be fine -- his rep says Louie is already “feeling great, loving the challenge."

I'm sure it was a serious situation but that is the funniest thing I've read in months.

January 28th, 2013, 11:30 am
Modmin Dude

aManNamedSuh wrote:
Pablo wrote:
TMZ wrote:

I'm sure it was a serious situation but that is the funniest thing I've read in months.
Prolly a good thing Suh was there; could you imagine Louganis trying to life Louie Anderson??? :shock:

January 28th, 2013, 1:49 pm
RIP Killer

MLive wrote:
Detroit Lions GM Martin Mayhew considering a major roster overhaul this offseason

ALLEN PARK -- When the Detroit Lions finished with a 4-12 record, players faced more than just another losing season.

Many will be confronted with losing their jobs this offseason.

Lions quarterback Matthew Stafford, receiver Calvin Johnson, linebacker Stephen Tulloch and defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh are veterans who will not receive pink slips after the Super Bowl, but Lions general manager Martin Mayhew is considering a major roster overhaul this offseason.

"Yeah, I think there is a possibility there (to extremely revamp the roster)," Mayhew said. "I think one of the reasons we wanted to get everybody back (last season) is because we were coming off a season where we had some success. Obviously, coming off this season, we want to look at everything that we're doing.

"Like I said, from a front office standpoint, a coaching standpoint and a players standpoint. Obviously, we're not doing well enough, and you should expect to see some changes on our roster."

Those sentiments are opposite of Mayhew's thoughts heading into this season.

Mayhew's team was coming off a 10-6 playoff year, but he made re-signing his players Detroit's biggest offseason priority. Detroit re-worked Calvin Johnson's contract, which was essential for salary cap relief, plus re-signed Tulloch. The front office did not actively pursue any high-priced free agents who could improve their team, especially in the secondary, and Detroit returned 21 of 22 starters.

Detroit's GM was so confident prior to this season, he predicted his team would eventually win a Super Bowl. Mayhew now admits he may have overestimated the talent on his roster.

"I think that's quite possible," Mayhew said. "I certainly thought we were going to get some better performances. If you look at our defense, who on our defense played better than they did last year? Probably Ndamukong. Of the 10 starters that we brought back, probably Ndamukong is the only guy that played noticeably better. Some guys flatlined, and some guys were injured and didn't play or didn't play as well.

"We didn't get the performances. It doesn't mean that those guys aren't talented. I don't know if it was overestimating the talent, but we didn't get the performances. Individual performances make the unit better, and we didn't get the individual performances from guys."

The easiest way to purge a roster is by eliminating high-priced contracts, but Mayhew will not base his decisions on finances.

"It's not about money, it's about performance," Mayhew said. "Guys that performed well this season, that played well, those guys are in different situations than guys that didn't perform well. When you win four games, you're looking for your underperformers. That's really what it's about.

"We've got to get better, obviously. We're the fourth-best team in a four team division. We didn't beat anybody in the division the whole season, so clearly, we're not good enough, and we've got to make some changes."

January 28th, 2013, 3:26 pm
Profile WWW
I wish he wasn't delusional last off-season. This team really could have set itself up well for the future. Instead we took a HUGE step back, and a step toward cap-hell. Hopefully Mayhew gets it right this offseason, or this team will really suck for 3-4 years and he'll be looking for a job in 2014.

January 28th, 2013, 4:05 pm
5th Round Pick - Traded

The first thing Mayhew should do is take a long look in the mirror to find the source of the problem. His draft record is lousy, and standing pat with the roster because they won ten games was foolish.

January 28th, 2013, 9:28 pm
RIP Killer

MLive wrote:
Detroit Lions LB Justin Durant wants to re-sign with the team

NEW ORLEANS -- Detroit Lions linebacker Justin Durant spent most of Super Bowl Media Day on the other side of the camera.

Durant worked the event as a television reporter for MTV, and asked several players questions with a camera crew right behind him. His wardrobe was not out of Tom Leyden's fancy closet, but attire more suitable for MTV's young audience.

Before Durant asked questions, he took time to answer one important inquiry.

Do you want to re-sign with the Detroit Lions?

"No doubt," Durant said. "I've always put that out there since the season ended. I want to be back in Detroit."

Durant will become a free agent this offseason after spending the past two years in Detroit. He finished with 103 tackles, three pass breakups, and a ½ sack last season. He spent four years in Jacksonville prior to signing with the Lions.

If Detroit does not re-sign Durant, the Lions could draft Georgia linebacker Jarvis Jones, who ESPN's Mel Kiper Jr. believes would be a great fit for this team.

So is Durant going after Leyden's television job once his NFL career is over?

"It's different (being a reporter)," Durant said. "It's kind of fun, especially to be with your peers. Just to see where their mind is because I know how I would answer certain stuff. I want to come at it from a different angle to see what they might say."

January 30th, 2013, 1:12 pm
Profile WWW
Varsity 1st Team

DJ-B wrote:
Why are coahes like Belicheck and Harbaugh successfull.... because they know how to change the schemes from year to year, game to game, and sometimes even quarter to quarter to do what needs to be done to defeat the current enemy/opposing schemes.

It seems to me like our coaches are just overly stubborn that they will Live or Die by there way, where flexibility is the 1 key that unites all the good coaches/teams.

If we apply the same methodologies as last year, turnover a bunch of the roster (for cheap FAs/rookies since we cant afford anything more) , how can they possibly think that mentality will equal success.

The fudge!ng Cowbell isnt working... so More Cowbell must be the answer.

Funny stuff, thanks for the memories

[link]http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/80a71ef8cb/more-cowbell[/link]

Frok

January 30th, 2013, 9:19 pm
Hall of Fame Player

Pablo wrote:
MLive wrote:
Detroit Lions LB Justin Durant wants to re-sign with the team

NEW ORLEANS -- Detroit Lions linebacker Justin Durant spent most of Super Bowl Media Day on the other side of the camera.

Durant worked the event as a television reporter for MTV, and asked several players questions with a camera crew right behind him. His wardrobe was not out of Tom Leyden's fancy closet, but attire more suitable for MTV's young audience.

Before Durant asked questions, he took time to answer one important inquiry.

Do you want to re-sign with the Detroit Lions?

"No doubt," Durant said. "I've always put that out there since the season ended. I want to be back in Detroit."

Durant will become a free agent this offseason after spending the past two years in Detroit. He finished with 103 tackles, three pass breakups, and a ½ sack last season. He spent four years in Jacksonville prior to signing with the Lions.

If Detroit does not re-sign Durant, the Lions could draft Georgia linebacker Jarvis Jones, who ESPN's Mel Kiper Jr. believes would be a great fit for this team.

So is Durant going after Leyden's television job once his NFL career is over?

"It's different (being a reporter)," Durant said. "It's kind of fun, especially to be with your peers. Just to see where their mind is because I know how I would answer certain stuff. I want to come at it from a different angle to see what they might say."

Sorry Durant, Your Ernie Sims act has grown old. If you haven't run yourself out of the play, you tackle them 5-10 yards down field after they have picked up the 1st down. SEE YA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

January 31st, 2013, 12:30 pm
RIP Killer

NFL.com wrote:
Cliff Avril not keen on taking pay cut from Detroit Lions

Free-agent defensive end Cliff Avril has said he'd like to return to the Detroit Lions, but he doesn't sound like he plans on giving a hometown discount.

"I don't know. It depends on the situation, honestly," Avril said on NBC Sports Network, via MLive.com. "It depends on why I would be taking less money, first off. I don't know, but we just have to get the numbers going and we'll see. I really don't know if I would take less right now."

Avril, one of the top pass rushers on the open market, said chances were 50-50 he remains in Detroit before admitting he really has no idea how free agency will shake out.

"I don't know right now," he said. "We're waiting to see what's going to go down. We have a little less than a month to try to figure some things out. Hopefully, we get it done."

Avril turned down a three-year, $30 million contract last offseason and played under a $10.6 million franchise tag in 2012. In two seasons as a full-time starter, Avril has 20.5 sacks and eight forced fumbles.

Salary-cap concerns might make the Lions pass on giving Avril the big contract he desires -- and might find on the open market. But the Lions also have only one defensive end currently under contract for the 2013 season, Ronnell Lewis (who has two career tackles).

The staring contest between general manager Martin Mayhew and Avril is just beginning.

February 14th, 2013, 11:02 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Avril is a turd. I'm done with million dollars per sack routine. Let his rectum walk.

February 14th, 2013, 11:26 am
Heisman Winner

Yeah, I agree with you guys. If he's not going to be reasonable, let him make his millions somewhere else. I'm sure his sack nums are going to be half of what they are without Suh, Fairley and Corey taking all the heat.

February 14th, 2013, 11:45 am
Reply to topic   [ 597 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 40  Next