View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 20th, 2014, 12:39 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 344 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 23  Next
 Lions place Titus Young on IR 
Heisman Winner

Post Re: Lions place Titus Young on IR
wjb21ndtown wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:
He's gone.

Cleared up the sentiment on here that he had any sort of trade value.

Lets just hope he doesn't end up with Chicago and screwing us twice a year.

I wish we could have traded him just so we could determine where he ended up going.

I don't see anyone but the Raiders even touching him with a 10 foot pole....then again, who knows.

February 4th, 2013, 5:21 pm
DayDreamer wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:
He's gone.

I wish we could have traded him just so we could determine where he ended up going.

I don't see anyone but the Raiders even touching him with a 10 foot pole....then again, who knows.

He's going to come cheap, and he is very talented. There will be suitors. At this point, for the next team it really is a no-lose proposition. Little to no signing bonus, doesn't cost a draft pick, tons of talent, and relatively cheap. If he was another team's problem, I'd consider him here. Why not? There's no risk.

IMO Chicago is smart enough to know that he'll have a chip on his shoulder for us, they can exploit that, and they need WR help. He has great upside and he's going to come cheap. It really would be a perfect fit for him, and him.... He's already proven that he's vindictive, and he would love to shove it on our face twice a year.

February 4th, 2013, 5:30 pm
RIP Killer

c ya sr.

February 4th, 2013, 5:37 pm
Profile WWW
Heisman Winner

wjb21ndtown wrote:
DayDreamer wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:
He's gone.

He's going to come cheap, and he is very talented. There will be suitors. At this point, for the next team it really is a no-lose proposition. Little to no signing bonus, doesn't cost a draft pick, tons of talent, and relatively cheap. If he was another team's problem, I'd consider him here. Why not? There's no risk.

IMO Chicago is smart enough to know that he'll have a chip on his shoulder for us, they can exploit that, and they need WR help. He has great upside and he's going to come cheap. It really would be a perfect fit for him, and him.... He's already proven that he's vindictive, and he would love to shove it on our face twice a year.

There is still the matter of Brandon Marshall's willingness to take the #2 spot behind the mighty Titus Sr.

February 4th, 2013, 5:42 pm
Rookie Player of the Year

I think there's a chance he's out of football for a while (yes, I realize he could be claimed any minute). The guy is seriously disturbed and will need some time to get his head on straight (if he ever does).

February 4th, 2013, 5:43 pm
DayDreamer wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
DayDreamer wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:
He's gone.

There is still the matter of Brandon Marshall's willingness to take the #2 spot behind the mighty Titus Sr.

He never minded being behind CJ. He never once said he should be the #1. He only had a problem with the distribution of balls coming his way, and he had a valid complaint in that regard.

February 4th, 2013, 5:45 pm
Heisman Winner

He'd have a valid argument if he caught the balls that WERE thrown his way. He's just the typical diva WR without the talent. Sure, he has what seems like an upside, but he'll always be a slot receiver who can't be relied on.

On the flipside, his firing might be the wake up call he needed to get his act together. Maybe he'll make the most of his next opportunity, maybe he won't. All I know is, there was no way he'd play with heart for the Lions, not after that whole ordeal.

February 4th, 2013, 5:58 pm
DayDreamer wrote:
He'd have a valid argument if he caught the balls that WERE thrown his way. He's just the typical diva WR without the talent. Sure, he has what seems like an upside, but he'll always be a slot receiver who can't be relied on.

On the flipside, his firing might be the wake up call he needed to get his act together. Maybe he'll make the most of his next opportunity, maybe he won't. All I know is, there was no way he'd play with heart for the Lions, not after that whole ordeal.

Bullshit!

Titus dropped far fewer balls than Pett or Nate, did more with fewer opportunities, and you want to complain about heart? Pett has less heart than anyone on this team.

February 4th, 2013, 6:00 pm
Heisman Winner

wjb21ndtown wrote:
DayDreamer wrote:

Bullshit!

Titus dropped far fewer balls than Pett or Nate, did more with fewer opportunities, and you want to complain about heart? Pett has less heart than anyone on this team.

I didn't see Pettigrew going on idiotic Twitter rants about how he's a HOF'er and that he's being held back. The jury is still out on Pettigrew. His performance was disappointing, no doubt, but I'd see how he responds next season before making a judgement on him. I'd have given Titus the same treatment had he kept his moronic mouth shut.

February 4th, 2013, 6:06 pm
DayDreamer wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
DayDreamer wrote:

Bullshit!

I didn't see Pettigrew going on idiotic Twitter rants about how he's a HOF'er and that he's being held back. The jury is still out on Pettigrew. His performance was disappointing, no doubt, but I'd see how he responds next season before making a judgement on him. I'd have given Titus the same treatment had he kept his moronic mouth shut.

This isn't about what each player did AFTER they got screwed over (Pett can't complain about targets, Titus can), this is about which player was justified in feeling rubbed or screwed over by the team and the system. I'm not saying he handled it right, but we screwed Titus in targets, flat out. He wanted out of here and he got it.

If you think all of those twitter comments were "off-the-cuff" mindless rants, you're a fool. He wanted to be released, and he got it.

February 4th, 2013, 6:12 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

wjb21ndtown wrote:
DayDreamer wrote:

Bullshit!

Ya, I remember just 2 drops by titus and one of them was in philly when birds flew up his face. Titus definetely should have seen more targets. forcing his way out of this eternally clueless organization is the best career move he could've possibly made. He should've had a breakout year but we held him back and hurt his development. He could've been an adult about everything but he has good reason to be pissed. Maybe this year we can actually start drafting players that we plan on using. I bet Young ends up with legitimate NFL franchise and becomes a top 15 WR

February 4th, 2013, 6:17 pm
RIP Killer

What about when Pett punched out his teammate? lined up in the wrong position on purpose? added Sr. to his jersey? got into a shouting match with his position coach on the sidelines? got suspended for a chunck of his sophomore season in college? etc?

oh wait...

Actually, when it comes to Titus stop mentioning CJ or Pett or Nate or Scheff or Best or Broyles - none of that matters.

When you only look at Titus, the Lions didn't have much of a choice. If you really want to give Titus credit for materminding Twitter comments to get his release - WOW WJB you really haven't been paying attention to this fool. Then again, maybe he punched Delmas on purpose, and ripped Shaun Jefferson with a plan in mind as well. And lining up twice wrong on purpose, genius!!!

OK, Titus I guess you got what you have planning all along...brilliant!

February 4th, 2013, 6:18 pm
Profile WWW
Pablo wrote:
What about when Pett punched out his teammate? lined up in the wrong position on purpose? added Sr. to his jersey? got into a shouting match with his position coach on the sidelines? got suspended for a chunck of his sophomore season in college? etc?

oh wait...

Actually, when it comes to Titus stop mentioning CJ or Pett or Nate or Scheff or Best or Broyles - none of that matters.

When you only look at Titus, the Lions didn't have much of a choice. If you really want to give Titus credit for materminding Twitter comments to get his release - WOW WJB you really haven't been paying attention to this fool. Then again, maybe he punched Delmas on purpose, and ripped Shaun Jefferson with a plan in mind as well. And lining up twice wrong on purpose, genius!!!

OK, Titus I guess you got what you have planning all along...brilliant!

Delmas was screwing his gf... I won't fault him for punching Delmas. That whole issue was dumb on both their parts, but you guys use that and his issue with the ref to say that he deserved to be treated like crap. How many times do you guys say "lets have an open competition and let the better guy win," well... Titus "won" that competition his ROOKIE SEASON... BEFORE this garbage happened, and we STILL screwed him on playing time and targets.

He was right to get out of Detroit. I guaranty you it will be a positive career move for him. This organization isn't going anywhere for the next 3-4 years.

February 4th, 2013, 6:21 pm
Team MVP

Titus young is history according to Tim Twentyman.

About time.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

February 4th, 2013, 6:28 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

wjb21ndtown wrote:

Delmas was screwing his gf... I won't fault him for punching Delmas.

??? Read eveyrhting posted on this board or on espn/et al and never saw mention of anything like that. Not that it matters but curious of evidence / link.

February 4th, 2013, 6:42 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 344 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 23  Next