View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 28th, 2014, 5:53 am



This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 344 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 23  Next
 Lions place Titus Young on IR 
Author Message
Hall of Fame Player
User avatar

Joined: May 7th, 2005, 3:25 pm
Posts: 7498
Location: Earth/Sagittarius Dwarf Galaxy
Post Re: Lions place Titus Young on IR
kdsberman wrote:
Shotty wrote:
Mark my words: Titus Young will succeed wherever he goes. Our coaching staff's disciplinary program is non-existent.

If he goes to New England, he will receive over 1,000 yards easily every year.

This guy is extremely talented. We just lost him and kept a head coach who has had 6 of his players involved in crime during his tenure. I am literally in disbelief.


I think you're on crack if you seriously believe that.


Well, we will mark Shotty's words. That means Titus is doomed to fail miserably. We have marked Shotty's words before you know.


February 6th, 2013, 12:03 am
Profile
Hall of Fame Player
User avatar

Joined: May 7th, 2005, 3:25 pm
Posts: 7498
Location: Earth/Sagittarius Dwarf Galaxy
Post Re: Lions place Titus Young on IR
Shotty wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:
PFT wrote:
Rams were only team that wanted Titus Young
Posted by Michael David Smith on February 5, 2013, 5:35 PM EST

For the Rams, Titus Young’s talent trumped the trouble he’s been known to cause. For the NFL’s other 31 teams, he wasn’t worth the headaches.

Mike Garafolo of USA Today first reported, and PFT has confirmed, that the Rams were the only team to put in a waiver claim for Young today.

When the Lions placed Young on waivers, every NFL team had the opportunity to put in a claim for him, and there’s really no cost associated with having him: If he causes problems or just doesn’t look like a good fit with the team, you can cut him at any point before the start of the regular season without taking a financial hit.

That would seem to make him a tempting player to claim, because Young is a talented receiver: He was a starter for most of his first two seasons after the Lions took him in the second round of the 2011 NFL draft, and he caught 81 passes for 990 yards and 10 touchdowns in 26 games. A 23-year-old who has the proven ability to produce in the passing game like that doesn’t become available very often.

But the risk with Young is that he’ll cause real problems for a team: Young wasn’t just your run-of-the-mill problem child, the kind of guy who shows up late to practice or falls asleep in meetings. Young’s issues included punching a teammate at practice and purposely lining up in the wrong place during a game because he was mad that the Lions’ coaches weren’t calling plays in which he was the primary receiver. A player like that can really damage a team.

So Rams coach Jeff Fisher is taking on a real risk by acquiring Young. A risk that 31 other coaches didn’t want to take.


This is what breaks my heart.

BOLD PREDICTION: Titus goes to the Rams, Jeff Fisher, a guy who can control a football team, gets him under control, tells him what he wants to hear, and puts him in as the #1 receiver. This turns out as a bargain, the Rams and TY are both winners, and he is a 1,000+ yard receiver next season. Just wait for it to happen, I know it will.


Yep, like you knew your season prediction would be right? Titus Young is doomed to fail. Why? Because he can't shut his mouth for long. His mouth will destroy his career.


February 6th, 2013, 12:10 am
Profile
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)
User avatar

Joined: April 5th, 2007, 5:51 pm
Posts: 2289
Post Re: Lions place Titus Young on IR
wjb, been agreeing with you a lot lately, but your off on this.

Is it possible 1-2 teams would have been interested to chat with him if he cleared waivers.. sure.

BUt on waivers, with a super cheap 2 yr deal where he could be cut again with no hardhip to the team if it doesnt work out, and only 1 team put out a waiver claim tells us that the rest of the league agrees with detroit about what a headcase titus is.


February 6th, 2013, 12:27 am
Profile ICQ WWW
Team MVP

Joined: January 13th, 2006, 4:18 am
Posts: 3253
Location: Maryland
Post Re: Lions place Titus Young on IR
Interesting the Rams got him. Wonder what that says about Schwartz and Fisher's relationship. Did he put in a call to Jim about TY? This could blow up in their face with Bradford trying to force it to TY a little bit too often...


February 6th, 2013, 1:53 am
Profile
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

Joined: February 11th, 2005, 3:01 pm
Posts: 3797
Location: WSU
Post Re: Lions place Titus Young on IR
im disappointed in the rams and any other team that would consider bringing titus young on. the league should have blackballed this clown after his behavior. this just sets the example for the next headcase to act out like a 5 yr old whenever unhappy about his playing situation.


February 6th, 2013, 9:41 am
Profile
NFL Veteran

Joined: November 28th, 2007, 12:50 pm
Posts: 1412
Location: Newport Beach, Ca
Post Re: Lions place Titus Young on IR
Fisher is a pretty big hard rectum, so I could see him taking TY on to put him through an attitude adjustment and if it doesn't look good he'll just drop him. I can't wait to see how he gets along with Jenkins since they will probably see a lot of each other in practice. Cortland Finnegan also seems like the type of guy to lay into TY in the locker room and the practice field. I think his biggest hurdle is gonna be getting any sort of respect from other players after openly saying he's better than CJ and pouting his way off a team.


February 6th, 2013, 10:32 am
Profile
Post Re: Lions place Titus Young on IR
rao wrote:
Fisher is a pretty big hard rectum, so I could see him taking TY on to put him through an attitude adjustment and if it doesn't look good he'll just drop him. I can't wait to see how he gets along with Jenkins since they will probably see a lot of each other in practice. Cortland Finnegan also seems like the type of guy to lay into TY in the locker room and the practice field. I think his biggest hurdle is gonna be getting any sort of respect from other players after openly saying he's better than CJ and pouting his way off a team.


See, Fisher will lay out Titus' responsibilities and expectations early. He'll tell Titus how he plans to use him in his offense, give him a "carrot" (a how-to guide to be the #1 WR), and he will give him targets and opportunities. All Titus wanted was more targets, period. All this BS about not being the #1 is ridiculous. His demands weren't unreasonable, but his actions to accomplish his demands were flat out foolish... But... They worked for him....

IMO he's on a better team, with a better direction, and a better coach.


February 6th, 2013, 11:58 am
Rookie Player of the Year
User avatar

Joined: August 24th, 2010, 9:54 pm
Posts: 2345
Post Re: Lions place Titus Young on IR
wjb21ndtown wrote:
rao wrote:
Fisher is a pretty big hard rectum, so I could see him taking TY on to put him through an attitude adjustment and if it doesn't look good he'll just drop him. I can't wait to see how he gets along with Jenkins since they will probably see a lot of each other in practice. Cortland Finnegan also seems like the type of guy to lay into TY in the locker room and the practice field. I think his biggest hurdle is gonna be getting any sort of respect from other players after openly saying he's better than CJ and pouting his way off a team.


See, Fisher will lay out Titus' responsibilities and expectations early. He'll tell Titus how he plans to use him in his offense, give him a "carrot" (a how-to guide to be the #1 WR), and he will give him targets and opportunities. All Titus wanted was more targets, period. All this BS about not being the #1 is ridiculous. His demands weren't unreasonable, but his actions to accomplish his demands were flat out foolish... But... They worked for him....

IMO he's on a better team, with a better direction, and a better coach.


Yeah, Fisher's really known as a WR guru. :roll: The one good WR he had on the Titans was in and out of prison.

_________________
Driver of the Jim Caldwell bandwagon. Climb aboard.


February 6th, 2013, 12:09 pm
Profile
NFL Veteran

Joined: November 28th, 2007, 12:50 pm
Posts: 1412
Location: Newport Beach, Ca
Post Re: Lions place Titus Young on IR
wjb21ndtown wrote:
rao wrote:
Fisher is a pretty big hard rectum, so I could see him taking TY on to put him through an attitude adjustment and if it doesn't look good he'll just drop him. I can't wait to see how he gets along with Jenkins since they will probably see a lot of each other in practice. Cortland Finnegan also seems like the type of guy to lay into TY in the locker room and the practice field. I think his biggest hurdle is gonna be getting any sort of respect from other players after openly saying he's better than CJ and pouting his way off a team.


See, Fisher will lay out Titus' responsibilities and expectations early. He'll tell Titus how he plans to use him in his offense, give him a "carrot" (a how-to guide to be the #1 WR), and he will give him targets and opportunities. All Titus wanted was more targets, period. All this BS about not being the #1 is ridiculous. His demands weren't unreasonable, but his actions to accomplish his demands were flat out foolish... But... They worked for him....

IMO he's on a better team, with a better direction, and a better coach.


The kid has told multiple people around him that he's better than CJ, there is no way he can say that and not want to be the number one on a team. He also headbutted Jenkins in a game, was suspended from Boise State for fighting, and punched Delmas. I'm pretty sure he's also got a few personal fouls for going at players in games, I know he got one in NO for sure. He has anger problems along with wanting more touches. I think Fisher has a chance to get through to him since he has experience with troubled players, but I still think there is a better chance TY screws it all up with Fisher and gets booted off the team.


February 6th, 2013, 12:32 pm
Profile
Post Re: Lions place Titus Young on IR
rao wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
rao wrote:
Fisher is a pretty big hard rectum, so I could see him taking TY on to put him through an attitude adjustment and if it doesn't look good he'll just drop him. I can't wait to see how he gets along with Jenkins since they will probably see a lot of each other in practice. Cortland Finnegan also seems like the type of guy to lay into TY in the locker room and the practice field. I think his biggest hurdle is gonna be getting any sort of respect from other players after openly saying he's better than CJ and pouting his way off a team.


See, Fisher will lay out Titus' responsibilities and expectations early. He'll tell Titus how he plans to use him in his offense, give him a "carrot" (a how-to guide to be the #1 WR), and he will give him targets and opportunities. All Titus wanted was more targets, period. All this BS about not being the #1 is ridiculous. His demands weren't unreasonable, but his actions to accomplish his demands were flat out foolish... But... They worked for him....

IMO he's on a better team, with a better direction, and a better coach.


The kid has told multiple people around him that he's better than CJ, there is no way he can say that and not want to be the number one on a team. He also headbutted Jenkins in a game, was suspended from Boise State for fighting, and punched Delmas. I'm pretty sure he's also got a few personal fouls for going at players in games, I know he got one in NO for sure. He has anger problems along with wanting more touches. I think Fisher has a chance to get through to him since he has experience with troubled players, but I still think there is a better chance TY screws it all up with Fisher and gets booted off the team.


He never once said he deserves the #1 spot, and he never once said that he feels slighted taking a back-seat to CJ. As disgruntled and outspoken as he is, he never once made those claims. ALL he ever complained about were targets.

Schwartz doesn't reel in his players for personal fouls. In fact, he practically encourages them. He likes "playing with a chip on your shoulder," getting penalized etc. It's part of his strategy. It's stupid, but it is in fact a part of his strategy.

I don't dispute that Titus may get booted, but if history is any indication, the kid screws up once, gets disciplined for it, and gets his mind-right for at least two years. If he has any kind of agent he's going to tell him to keep his head straight for the next two years and you'll get PAID.

He's done it in the past when he was even more immature. I have no reason to believe he can't do it again.


February 6th, 2013, 12:47 pm
Rookie Player of the Year
User avatar

Joined: August 24th, 2010, 9:54 pm
Posts: 2345
Post Re: Lions place Titus Young on IR
wjb21ndtown wrote:
He never once said he deserves the #1 spot, and he never once said that he feels slighted taking a back-seat to CJ. As disgruntled and outspoken as he is, he never once made those claims.


Quote:
Titus D Young Sr
‏@TitusDYoungSr
To Be the best you gotta Beat the best #Me
https://twitter.com/TitusDYoungSr/statu ... 1309618176
11:23 PM - 21 Jan 13

_________________
Driver of the Jim Caldwell bandwagon. Climb aboard.


February 6th, 2013, 1:18 pm
Profile
Modmin Dude
User avatar

Joined: December 31st, 2004, 9:55 am
Posts: 12208
Post Re: Lions place Titus Young on IR
wjb21ndtown wrote:
He never once said he deserves the #1 spot, and he never once said that he feels slighted taking a back-seat to CJ. As disgruntled and outspoken as he is, he never once made those claims. ALL he ever complained about were targets.
wjb21ndtown wrote:
I agree. The guy is dilusional. I can't stand when guys say their better than a HoF player, or future HoF player before before they've taken their first snap in the NFL. How many backs have we had that said they would be the next B Sanders? At least KJ, Smith, and Best. Titus thinks he's better than CJ and has a huge Napoleon complex.

:confused: :-k

_________________
Quote:
Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right....


February 6th, 2013, 1:34 pm
Profile
Post Re: Lions place Titus Young on IR
TheRealWags wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
He never once said he deserves the #1 spot, and he never once said that he feels slighted taking a back-seat to CJ. As disgruntled and outspoken as he is, he never once made those claims. ALL he ever complained about were targets.
wjb21ndtown wrote:
I agree. The guy is dilusional. I can't stand when guys say their better than a HoF player, or future HoF player before before they've taken their first snap in the NFL. How many backs have we had that said they would be the next B Sanders? At least KJ, Smith, and Best. Titus thinks he's better than CJ and has a huge Napoleon complex.

:confused: :-k


What are you confused about?

You really can't understand that someone can think they're better than someone else, but not be pissed off at work that they're below the person that they think they're better than? You really can't grasp that Titus never cared about, nor complained about his "title," he just wanted more "opportunities"? Is that really a difficult concept? I've said it at least 5 times on here, I don't know why people can't get it.

I've said nothing contradictory about Titus, stop trying to act as if I have.


February 6th, 2013, 1:50 pm
NFL Veteran

Joined: November 28th, 2007, 12:50 pm
Posts: 1412
Location: Newport Beach, Ca
Post Re: Lions place Titus Young on IR
wjb21ndtown wrote:
rao wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
rao wrote:
Fisher is a pretty big hard rectum, so I could see him taking TY on to put him through an attitude adjustment and if it doesn't look good he'll just drop him. I can't wait to see how he gets along with Jenkins since they will probably see a lot of each other in practice. Cortland Finnegan also seems like the type of guy to lay into TY in the locker room and the practice field. I think his biggest hurdle is gonna be getting any sort of respect from other players after openly saying he's better than CJ and pouting his way off a team.


See, Fisher will lay out Titus' responsibilities and expectations early. He'll tell Titus how he plans to use him in his offense, give him a "carrot" (a how-to guide to be the #1 WR), and he will give him targets and opportunities. All Titus wanted was more targets, period. All this BS about not being the #1 is ridiculous. His demands weren't unreasonable, but his actions to accomplish his demands were flat out foolish... But... They worked for him....

IMO he's on a better team, with a better direction, and a better coach.


The kid has told multiple people around him that he's better than CJ, there is no way he can say that and not want to be the number one on a team. He also headbutted Jenkins in a game, was suspended from Boise State for fighting, and punched Delmas. I'm pretty sure he's also got a few personal fouls for going at players in games, I know he got one in NO for sure. He has anger problems along with wanting more touches. I think Fisher has a chance to get through to him since he has experience with troubled players, but I still think there is a better chance TY screws it all up with Fisher and gets booted off the team.


He never once said he deserves the #1 spot, and he never once said that he feels slighted taking a back-seat to CJ. As disgruntled and outspoken as he is, he never once made those claims. ALL he ever complained about were targets.

Schwartz doesn't reel in his players for personal fouls. In fact, he practically encourages them. He likes "playing with a chip on your shoulder," getting penalized etc. It's part of his strategy. It's stupid, but it is in fact a part of his strategy.

I don't dispute that Titus may get booted, but if history is any indication, the kid screws up once, gets disciplined for it, and gets his mind-right for at least two years. If he has any kind of agent he's going to tell him to keep his head straight for the next two years and you'll get PAID.

He's done it in the past when he was even more immature. I have no reason to believe he can't do it again.


I understand what your saying, I don't agree with you on how much of this is on the Lions and that probably makes me more down on the kid than you are. I don't believe his twitter rant was some scheme to get released, I think he was just venting out his frustration and once he hit the point of no return he just puffed out his chest to look tough. I also dont think he has a competent agent because if he did the agent would have been able to keep him settled enough to get a trade out of DET instead of allowing him to destroy his credibility and putting a stigma on himself for the rest of his career.

I don't dislike the kid I've never met him, so I'm not hoping he fails or anything like that. I actually hate to see talent squandered away and that makes me cheer a bit for Fisher to sort the guy out and make something out of him, but I'm more inclined to think Titus will destroy himself first.


February 6th, 2013, 2:28 pm
Profile
Modmin Dude
User avatar

Joined: December 31st, 2004, 9:55 am
Posts: 12208
Post Re: Lions place Titus Young on IR
wjb21ndtown wrote:
TheRealWags wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
He never once said he deserves the #1 spot, and he never once said that he feels slighted taking a back-seat to CJ. As disgruntled and outspoken as he is, he never once made those claims. ALL he ever complained about were targets.
wjb21ndtown wrote:
I agree. The guy is dilusional. I can't stand when guys say their better than a HoF player, or future HoF player before before they've taken their first snap in the NFL. How many backs have we had that said they would be the next B Sanders? At least KJ, Smith, and Best. Titus thinks he's better than CJ and has a huge Napoleon complex.

:confused: :-k


What are you confused about?

You really can't understand that someone can think they're better than someone else, but not be pissed off at work that they're below the person that they think they're better than? You really can't grasp that Titus never cared about, nor complained about his "title," he just wanted more "opportunities"? Is that really a difficult concept? I've said it at least 5 times on here, I don't know why people can't get it.

I've said nothing contradictory about Titus, stop trying to act as if I have.
While it may not have been your intention, and perhaps its just my interpretation, but it sure seems as though you're covering all bases here.

For example: He never once said he deserves the #1 spot
and
Titus thinks he's better than CJ

How many peeps do you know that think they're better than a #1 coworker and also don't think they're #1???

_________________
Quote:
Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right....


February 6th, 2013, 2:59 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 344 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 23  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.