View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 31st, 2014, 9:59 pm

Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Cleaning House... Reportedly KVB is Cut too!!! 
RIP Killer

Post Re: Cleaning House... Reportedly KVB is Cut too!!!
wjb21ndtown wrote:
Trading or cutting him would free up about $1.5 million in cap space, but I don't think we can replace him cheaper than that, unless we draft someone. I don't see us drafting a TE before round 5 or so, and I don't think a rd 5 pick is going to be able to outplay Scheff. If we can trade him, fine... but I don't think cutting him is wise.

The only other alternative I can see is going with Pett, Heller and Overbay. Heller is a better run blocker, but he's no where near the pass-catching threat Scheff is... IMO it wouldn't be a smart move unless we get something for Scheff.

All of which is why I said I'd be shocked. Especially with the lack of slot WR production and no best this year.

February 7th, 2013, 1:41 pm
BillySims wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
Trading or cutting him would free up about $1.5 million in cap space, but I don't think we can replace him cheaper than that, unless we draft someone. I don't see us drafting a TE before round 5 or so, and I don't think a rd 5 pick is going to be able to outplay Scheff. If we can trade him, fine... but I don't think cutting him is wise.

The only other alternative I can see is going with Pett, Heller and Overbay. Heller is a better run blocker, but he's no where near the pass-catching threat Scheff is... IMO it wouldn't be a smart move unless we get something for Scheff.

Heller does a decent job catching. He doesn't get as many targets as Scheff. But, I wouldn't say his catch to drop ratio is any worse than Scheff's. For no more than we actually throw to Scheff and Heller, I would say the drop off would be minimal. And I bet we could get a 4th or 5th round pick in trade for him, (Scheff).

Billy, Scheff was our 3rd leading receiver. It's not about who is more sure-handec. Heller isn't athletic enough to get open as often as Scheff. There would be a huge drop-off in production, and with getting rid of Titus, Broyles' in ability to stay healthy, and Nate being washed up, I don't think it would be prudent to get rid of him to save $1.5 million.

February 7th, 2013, 2:23 pm
3rd Round Selection

On KVB: right move for the team. IMO, we've got a lot to thank KVB for - he was a big part of us going from 0-16 to the playoffs IMO. The big marker of change was his signing, and the attitude he brought to the locker room. Shame he has nothing left in the tank, and I'd love to see him back with the Lions in a coaching capacity at some point in the near future.

February 7th, 2013, 2:52 pm
Reply to topic   [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3