View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 28th, 2014, 6:23 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 344 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 23  Next
 Lions place Titus Young on IR 
Post Re: Lions place Titus Young on IR
Sorry, I don't think your post makes sense. Even read it twice, but I'll respond with this:

How many people get paid less than their boss or an employee that had been there longer than them, yet show up to work every day completely happy, as long as they're treated the same? MILLIONS!

February 6th, 2013, 4:12 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Rule #14 of Lionbacker: WJB is never wrong.

February 6th, 2013, 5:11 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

wjb21ndtown wrote:
Sorry, I don't think your post makes sense. Even read it twice, but I'll respond with this:

How many people get paid less than their boss or an employee that had been there longer than them, yet show up to work every day completely happy, as long as they're treated the same? MILLIONS!

How many people go to work and punch a co-worker in the head and get to keep their job?

Much smaller number

February 6th, 2013, 6:55 pm
Mr. Irrelevant

regularjoe12 wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:

How many people go to work and punch a co-worker in the head and get to keep their job?

Much smaller number

Kinda related: On several occasions, a buddy and I have challenged the true nature of our boss's personal relationship with his "best" friend and not only have we kept our jobs but we've also been promoted to management positions AND we get bonuses at the end of each season.

It's a way different environment though.

February 6th, 2013, 7:10 pm
regularjoe12 wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:

Much smaller number

What does that have to do with anything? We're talking about Titus' wants, not his issues.

But to answer your Q... You're wrong. The answer is the same, MILLIONS. Everyone in the Big 3, actually.

February 6th, 2013, 7:17 pm
Stadium Announcer

Quote:

how can you justify titus deserving more opportunities when he was the problem he was? HE DID NOT EARN HIS OPPORTUNITIES. what about his season proved he was better than calvin? what about anything hes done in his career has proven that? why would we give him the same opportunities, or even more WHEN HE DID NOT DESERVE THEM. if you really believe titus young deserves an equal number of targets to calvin johnson. i have no idea why you were even trying to argue about this. dude isnt as good, therefore he did not deserve the opportunities he desired and in fact earned his way to less opportunities with everything he had done post 2011 playoff appearance. the only positivie contribution he made in the season was against seattle.

February 7th, 2013, 3:58 pm
millam21 wrote:
Quote:

how can you justify titus deserving more opportunities when he was the problem he was? HE DID NOT EARN HIS OPPORTUNITIES. what about his season proved he was better than calvin? what about anything hes done in his career has proven that? why would we give him the same opportunities, or even more WHEN HE DID NOT DESERVE THEM. if you really believe titus young deserves an equal number of targets to calvin johnson. i have no idea why you were even trying to argue about this. dude isnt as good, therefore he did not deserve the opportunities he desired and in fact earned his way to less opportunities with everything he had done post 2011 playoff appearance. the only positivie contribution he made in the season was against seattle.

Titus deserved his opportunities BEFORE he was a problem. He outplayed Nate since day one.

February 7th, 2013, 4:00 pm
RIP Killer

Not going to get into this argument again, but I will say again, that watching the games tapes, the guy was not good at getting open. Titus may have had some talent and had speed, but it was obvious he lacked desire, passion, the overall ability to run a quality route, etc.

I remember one game where he completely half assed a td catch at the goal line (40 yard bomb where he had the defender beat) and I believe it ended up costing us the game. He has always acted like its behind him to give 100% on balls, like taking the big hit, diving for a ball, jumping up in the air and getting flipped over, etc. He rarely attempted a real block.

The guy simply did not look like a #2 WR when he was out there, whether the ball was coming to him or not; ever since day one... You may disagree with that, but it's a perception I had all year watching the games and replays of the games

February 7th, 2013, 4:18 pm
Butkus Award Winner

conversion02 wrote:
Not going to get into this argument again, but I will say again, that watching the games tapes, the guy was not good at getting open. Titus may have had some talent and had speed, but it was obvious he lacked desire, passion, the overall ability to run a quality route, etc.

I remember one game where he completely half assed a td catch at the goal line (40 yard bomb where he had the defender beat) and I believe it ended up costing us the game. He has always acted like its behind him to give 100% on balls, like taking the big hit, diving for a ball, jumping up in the air and getting flipped over, etc. He rarely attempted a real block.

The guy simply did not look like a #2 WR when he was out there, whether the ball was coming to him or not; ever since day one... You may disagree with that, but it's a perception I had all year watching the games and replays of the games

This may be all true. One thing I know FOR SURE is that Jim Schwartz did, LITERALLY, nothing to fix his issues and make him a quality player and person, which Jeff Fisher WILL do. Fisher will give him a starting role instantly (or else he won't try no matter what) and will make him grow up. Honestly now; you have a undisciplined young player. Who would you send them to out of every current NFL head coach over Fisher? Maybe Belichick, but who else?

February 7th, 2013, 4:33 pm
RIP Killer

Tom Coughlin? Harbaugh (take your pick)? John Fox (with Manning at QB)? Mike Tomlin? Mike McCarthy? The list goes on...

To say Schwartz "did, LITERALLY, nothing to fix his issues" is silly. Did he not discipline him? Did he not take him back multiple times and give him multiple chances? Saying he wasn't in the starting lineup or the #2 WR is also silly - have you not seen how many time the Lions line up in a 3 or 4 WR set.

Some people and players are simply self destructive. Young is one of those people and you don't need to blame those around them for their own issues.

February 7th, 2013, 5:48 pm
Profile WWW
conversion02 wrote:

I look at games like the Seattle game, or even his first game in the NFL and see him more or less dominate and can't understand why some people say he can't get open.

February 7th, 2013, 5:48 pm
RIP Killer

wjb21ndtown wrote:
conversion02 wrote:

I look at games like the Seattle game, or even his first game in the NFL and see him more or less dominate and can't understand why some people say he can't get open.

How many games did he have like that? 2? That's exactly what I'm talking about. He had talent, but, as I said, it was never remotely consistent. For all the reasons I said, he never made anyone believe he was a legit #2, since he never earned anything.

FYI, you say Nate couldn't get open and was slow, but he had 100 yard games too. Why the double standard? I'm not defending Nate, but I sure as hell won't defend TY, because he purposely hurt the team Chick Gandil style (the famous black sox scandal)

February 7th, 2013, 6:30 pm
conversion02 wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
conversion02 wrote:

How many games did he have like that? 2? That's exactly what I'm talking about. He had talent, but, as I said, it was never remotely consistent. For all the reasons I said, he never made anyone believe he was a legit #2, since he never earned anything.

FYI, you say Nate couldn't get open and was slow, but he had 100 yard games too. Why the double standard? I'm not defending Nate, but I sure as hell won't defend TY, because he purposely hurt the team Chick Gandil style (the famous black sox scandal)

Nate used offensive PI to get open, and he got open on little BS routes. 5 yard out routes, little BS where he pushed off. Titus got open with his speed. IMO Titus could get open with a quick move and straight speed virtually any time you asked him to, unless they wanted to double cover him. He had 10 TDs in 1/2 years of limited use, the endzone is the toughest place to get open. He had 6 games with 5+ receptions and NINE (9) receptions against Seattle, a vg secondary. You don't get open for 9 receptions against that secondary if you "can't get open."

Look at the 2011 stats, Titus had twice as many TD's, (6 to Nates 3) and two more yards per catch, with HALF the targets, HALF. That's ridiculous.

February 7th, 2013, 7:04 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Shotty wrote:
conversion02 wrote:

This may be all true. One thing I know FOR SURE is that Jim Schwartz did, LITERALLY, nothing to fix his issues and make him a quality player and person, which Jeff Fisher WILL do. Fisher will give him a starting role instantly (or else he won't try no matter what) and will make him grow up. Honestly now; you have a undisciplined young player. Who would you send them to out of every current NFL head coach over Fisher? Maybe Belichick, but who else?

Are you Schwartz's PA or something. How are you privy to this kind of info?

February 7th, 2013, 7:13 pm
RIP Killer

I agree a little bit with that, not so much about Nate. But if TY knew how to get open so well, why was he such a turd when he was out there? He'd show up every now and then to tease you, but then the real TY turd farmer would show up and blow a TD catch for complete lack of trying.

Also, Nate was designed to be a possession WR, short slants, curls, outs... TY was designed to be a deep post, deep slant type WR. For some reason you're comparing apples to oranges with these meaningless stats, and you know the difference. Yes, i said meaningless because this team was horrid in the red zone, where nate was supposed to be effective, but i bet if you look at how few of TYs TDs came in the redzone, you'd be surprised. The deep threat is what they needed, but he was so streaky that he apparently didn't know how to get open consistently. The tape shows it. stafford looked his way an awful lot this season, and he simple wasnt open like you say he was.

Anyone can have a good game every now and then, it's those who do it consistently that stay in the league and get paid, like TY thinks he is and thinks he should.

February 7th, 2013, 7:14 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 344 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 23  Next