View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 25th, 2014, 12:51 pm

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Hometown Heros 
Post Hometown Heros
Currently CBS has the following Players as getting drafted from MSU/UofM and their rounds:

UofM
Craig Roh - undrafted
William Campbell - 7th
Jordan Kovacs - undrafted
Dennard Robinson - 5-6
Roy Roundtree - undrafted
I hate J.T. Floyd and I've hated him for three seasons... He's garbage and I'm glad CBS has him being undrafted.

MSU
William Gholston 4-5
LeVeon Bell 4
Dion Sims 4

I wouldn't mind looking at Kovacs late, as long as he runs in the 4.5s. He is a super high character guy, good tackler, smart as hell, and is always around the ball. I wouldn't touch Dennard Robinson with a 10' pole. He's always hurt, even in the NCAA, and he doesn't play as "fast" as he is... He is actually one of the fastest guys in the NCAA, yet he always gets caught from behind. William Campbell has work ethic issues, but man did he step up last year. Good practice squad guy, IMO, if he goes UDFA. Craig Roh I would like to have in the 6th or 7th. Super high motor, at 280 can play DT or DE, smart, good tackler. Roundtree may be worth a practice squad look. He certainly has tons of heart and makes the crucial catch.

I'd look at Gholston in the 5th. I think he plays nasty, hopefully within the rules, and if we can teach him some moves, his raw athletic ability would be a huge asset. The guy is 6'7" 280, with speed and strength, we need that on our line. I like LeVeon Bell, but he's not going to run as fast as I want him to. I like Leshoure, but we reached for him. LeVeon Bell in the 4th would have been a better pick, Brandon Jacobs would have been a better signing (than spending a 2nd on Leshoure). Big body backs like Leshoure are a dime a dozen. We could have done a lot better with that pick.

I wouldn't touch Dion Sims until the 6th or 7th round, but if he's there he could be a great value. Only playing a pass catching TE may save him from getting injured, he has some character concerns, but picked that late, who cares? His arrest was 3 years ago. Cheap talent, that's what we need. Heck, use him for a year, run up his #'s, and trade him for a higher pick. 3-4th round talent that we may be able to grab in the 6th or 7th.

February 7th, 2013, 7:35 pm
NFL Veteran

Post Re: Hometown Heros
wjb21ndtown wrote:
Currently CBS has the following Players as getting drafted from MSU/UofM and their rounds:

UofM
Craig Roh - undrafted
William Campbell - 7th
Jordan Kovacs - undrafted
Dennard Robinson - 5-6
Roy Roundtree - undrafted
I hate J.T. Floyd and I've hated him for three seasons... He's garbage and I'm glad CBS has him being undrafted.

MSU
William Gholston 4-5
LeVeon Bell 4
Dion Sims 4

I wouldn't mind looking at Kovacs late, as long as he runs in the 4.5s. He is a super high character guy, good tackler, smart as hell, and is always around the ball. I wouldn't touch Dennard Robinson with a 10' pole. He's always hurt, even in the NCAA, and he doesn't play as "fast" as he is... He is actually one of the fastest guys in the NCAA, yet he always gets caught from behind. William Campbell has work ethic issues, but man did he step up last year. Good practice squad guy, IMO, if he goes UDFA. Craig Roh I would like to have in the 6th or 7th. Super high motor, at 280 can play DT or DE, smart, good tackler. Roundtree may be worth a practice squad look. He certainly has tons of heart and makes the crucial catch.

I'd look at Gholston in the 5th. I think he plays nasty, hopefully within the rules, and if we can teach him some moves, his raw athletic ability would be a huge asset. The guy is 6'7" 280, with speed and strength, we need that on our line. I like LeVeon Bell, but he's not going to run as fast as I want him to. I like Leshoure, but we reached for him. LeVeon Bell in the 4th would have been a better pick, Brandon Jacobs would have been a better signing (than spending a 2nd on Leshoure). Big body backs like Leshoure are a dime a dozen. We could have done a lot better with that pick.

I wouldn't touch Dion Sims until the 6th or 7th round, but if he's there he could be a great value. Only playing a pass catching TE may save him from getting injured, he has some character concerns, but picked that late, who cares? His arrest was 3 years ago. Cheap talent, that's what we need. Heck, use him for a year, run up his #'s, and trade him for a higher pick. 3-4th round talent that we may be able to grab in the 6th or 7th.

I really like the idea of getting Kovacs as a 7th if he times ok. The kid could be a special teams ace/back up safety and a big time locker room guy, well worth a 7th rd pick. I would pass on the rest of the UofM guys unless they're coming in as UDFAs, I'm a big UofM homer, but even with my blinders on I can still see how slow these guys play.

I never watch little brother play football, so I can't say anything about their guys. I hear decent things about Gholston though, so he probably wouldn't be bad in the 5th.

February 7th, 2013, 9:18 pm
You really don't have any love for Roh? I just think he's versatile, and solid. Not great, but a good rotation guy that won't screw up, play out of position, he's a sure tackler, and uber, uber cheap.

The only way I would touch Will Campbell is if we need a fa-tass to plug holes cheap (meaning, if we're serious about playing Suh at DE). He really did well for himself last year. He really did change his whole body shape in one season. That said, it was kind of too little too late, but if he's willing to keep up that sort of dedication, he will make a good player if we can keep him motivated.

February 7th, 2013, 9:22 pm
NFL Veteran

wjb21ndtown wrote:
You really don't have any love for Roh? I just think he's versatile, and solid. Not great, but a good rotation guy that won't screw up, play out of position, he's a sure tackler, and uber, uber cheap.

The only way I would touch Will Campbell is if we need a fa-tass to plug holes cheap (meaning, if we're serious about playing Suh at DE). He really did well for himself last year. He really did change his whole body shape in one season. That said, it was kind of too little too late, but if he's willing to keep up that sort of dedication, he will make a good player if we can keep him motivated.

I like Roh, but not for the Wide-9. The Wolverines pass rush has been pretty poor, they really don't get enough pressure and I don't think Roh plays with the speed we would want. He's got value as an UDFA, but he's better off playing somewhere else. He should probably go play LOLB for a 3-4 team where he can play the run and add a little to the rush when needed.

February 7th, 2013, 9:30 pm
rao wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:

I like Roh, but not for the Wide-9. The Wolverines pass rush has been pretty poor, they really don't get enough pressure and I don't think Roh plays with the speed we would want. He's got value as an UDFA, but he's better off playing somewhere else. He should probably go play LOLB for a 3-4 team where he can play the run and add a little to the rush when needed.

That makes sense. Just seems like a good character, solid player, great work ethic. This team needs some of that. I saw his role on our team more as a pass rush DT and depth than anything.

February 7th, 2013, 9:36 pm
Heisman Winner

I like the idea of Gholston late like that.

February 7th, 2013, 10:56 pm
Rookie Player of the Year

Thumbs up for Kovacs late. The guy just has a nose for the ball.

February 8th, 2013, 8:33 am
RIP Killer

The best hometown hero this year is from Central! :shock:

February 8th, 2013, 11:04 am
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Player

Pablo wrote:

I agree 100 %.

February 13th, 2013, 10:20 pm
Team MVP

BillySims wrote:
Pablo wrote:

I agree 100 %.

I agree too. (Um..we are talking about Fisher, right?)

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

February 14th, 2013, 8:30 pm
Hall of Fame Player

kdsberman wrote:
BillySims wrote:
Pablo wrote:

I agree 100 %.

Who else would we be talking about from Central?

February 15th, 2013, 11:05 am
Team MVP

BillySims wrote:
kdsberman wrote:
BillySims wrote:
Pablo wrote:

I agree 100 %.

Who else would we be talking about from Central?

It was a joke Billy.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

February 15th, 2013, 2:36 pm
FFS...

I guess I should have made "Unsung Hometown Heros" the title. Everyone knows that Fisher will be the first player in the state of Michigan taken in the draft.

So much for this thread...

February 15th, 2013, 2:41 pm
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

I think Gholston, Campbell, and Roh all have a chance to be much better pros than college players. Personally, I would not mind grabbing Roh and Campbell as rotational players.

February 20th, 2013, 4:23 pm
Stallion wrote:
I think Gholston, Campbell, and Roh all have a chance to be much better pros than college players. Personally, I would not mind grabbing Roh and Campbell as rotational players.

I agree on Roh... He's sort of a poor man's version of Suh. Sometimes the lesser version isn't effective at all, but sometimes they can provide good results for 1/3 of the cost (or in this case literally 1/50th of the cost). Still, I think he would be a great late round pick. He's a locker room leader, big weight training guy, high character, high motor, etc. I think the same is true for Gholston... I think Gholston is a bigger, faster Willie Young. No-brainer in the 4th or later IMO.

Campbell I'm less sure about, but I'd definitely consider bringing him in for a 7th round pick. He could take Corey Williams spot in the DT rotation. He's a HUGE body (he's like 6'5" 350), but he doesn't have the same work ethic or Roh or Gholston. If we can get him on board with getting in shape he could really make a difference here. He could provide cheap talent and size, which is hard to come by.

I envision Roh rotating with LoJack and Suh, and Gholston rotating with Willie Young.

February 20th, 2013, 4:57 pm
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next