View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 30th, 2014, 7:44 pm



This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 344 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 23  Next
 Lions place Titus Young on IR 
Author Message
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman
User avatar

Joined: March 30th, 2006, 12:48 am
Posts: 3839
Location: Davison Mi
Post Re: Lions place Titus Young on IR
wjb21ndtown wrote:
RJ, you don't get it. He was stuck on a team that wasn't using him properly, and he was only going to make $550k next season, and $650k the following season. We're in cap hell, going nowhere, and constantly "rebuilding." He's much better off in St. Louis.

He's going to make the same given his actions, and still, if he plays well for the next two seasons his time in Det. will be forgotten, especially given that we'll probably be 6-10 in 2014.


and given his history, what makes you think that he will suddenly straighten up and fly right? lol....did he see an excorsist or something?

truth is, he'll be lucky to be wearing a footlocker uniform in 2 years much less an pro athlete uniform.

_________________
2013 Lionbacker Fantasy Football Champion


February 14th, 2013, 6:45 pm
Profile
Post Re: Lions place Titus Young on IR
RJ,
Say that all you want. You can't argue that his tactics worked for him, and he's now created his own "2nd chance opportunitty," and he's better off at his new location.


February 15th, 2013, 5:55 am
3rd Round Selection

Joined: October 19th, 2005, 1:24 pm
Posts: 1170
Location: Nottingham, England
Post Re: Lions place Titus Young on IR
wjb21ndtown wrote:
UK Lion wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
UK Lion wrote:
If you don't want to play for the team (for whatever reason), don't turn up.

Don't show up on the field and actively harm the team's chances. That's just pathetic and completely indefensible.


That's holding out, and you don't get paid when you hold out. He had to show up if he wanted his paycheck.

He had no right to his paycheck if he was going to turn up and harm the team's chances.


BS

He had an obligation under his contract to be here. He didn't want to be here. They can't force him to "play well" they can only force him to play. He had one card, to play like crap, and he used it and got what he wanted. End of story.

BS right back atcha!

There is a big difference between "play like crap" and "intentionally go against the wishes of your superiors to harm your team's chances". If I turn up at work and don't do a great job, it's one thing. If I turn up at work and ignore what my line manager asks me to do and do something completely different, it's a whole other kettle of fish.

Turning up and half assing it is one thing. Turning up and deliberately sabotaging plays is another.

He did not deserve his paycheck for doing the latter. If he had an ounce of integrity, he would have either turned up for work and done what was asked of him (the basic stuff of "line up here, run this route" - not the "be a fabulous player" strawman you've invented) or not turned up at all if he couldn't bring himself to line up in the right place and run the right route.


February 15th, 2013, 7:54 am
Profile
Rookie Player of the Year
User avatar

Joined: August 24th, 2010, 9:54 pm
Posts: 2324
Post Re: Lions place Titus Young on IR
Please can we put this ridiculous discussion to bed:

Quote:
Rams won’t comment on report Titus Young will be cut
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ll-be-cut/
Posted by Michael David Smith on February 15, 2013, 11:33 AM EST

Getty Images
The Rams are declining to comment on the odd report that surfaced this morning saying they would release receiver Titus Young today, just 10 days after they claimed him off waivers from the Lions.

PFT reached out to the Rams this morning when the talk of Young being released first surfaced, and the team told us that it has no comment. However, head coach Jeff Fisher is scheduled to appear at a press conference today to formally introduce Tim Walton as the team’s new defensive coordinator, and Fisher is expected to answer questions about Young at that press conference.

The story that Young would be cut began with, of all people, Rob Parker, the commentator who was fired by ESPN for making asinine comments about Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III being a “cornball brother.” Parker is now writing for a website called The Shadow League, and he reported there that Young would be cut and may never play football again. Parker isn’t known for breaking news, but he does live and work in Detroit, so he may have a connection with Young, who has played for the Lions for two years.

We’ll be keeping an eye on St. Louis for official word about Young’s future, or lack thereof, with the Rams.

_________________
Driver of the Jim Caldwell bandwagon. Climb aboard.


February 15th, 2013, 12:51 pm
Profile
Post Re: Lions place Titus Young on IR
thelomasbrowns wrote:
Please can we put this ridiculous discussion to bed:

Quote:
Rams won’t comment on report Titus Young will be cut
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ll-be-cut/
Posted by Michael David Smith on February 15, 2013, 11:33 AM EST

Getty Images
The Rams are declining to comment on the odd report that surfaced this morning saying they would release receiver Titus Young today, just 10 days after they claimed him off waivers from the Lions.

PFT reached out to the Rams this morning when the talk of Young being released first surfaced, and the team told us that it has no comment. However, head coach Jeff Fisher is scheduled to appear at a press conference today to formally introduce Tim Walton as the team’s new defensive coordinator, and Fisher is expected to answer questions about Young at that press conference.

The story that Young would be cut began with, of all people, Rob Parker, the commentator who was fired by ESPN for making asinine comments about Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III being a “cornball brother.” Parker is now writing for a website called The Shadow League, and he reported there that Young would be cut and may never play football again. Parker isn’t known for breaking news, but he does live and work in Detroit, so he may have a connection with Young, who has played for the Lions for two years.

We’ll be keeping an eye on St. Louis for official word about Young’s future, or lack thereof, with the Rams.


If he never plays football again, I'll get it, but if he gets cut from St. Louis it's not over.

He wants out of his rookie deal, and getting cut from every team that claims him off of waivers would do that.


February 15th, 2013, 2:26 pm
Post Re: Lions place Titus Young on IR
UK Lion wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
UK Lion wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
UK Lion wrote:
If you don't want to play for the team (for whatever reason), don't turn up.

Don't show up on the field and actively harm the team's chances. That's just pathetic and completely indefensible.


That's holding out, and you don't get paid when you hold out. He had to show up if he wanted his paycheck.

He had no right to his paycheck if he was going to turn up and harm the team's chances.


BS

He had an obligation under his contract to be here. He didn't want to be here. They can't force him to "play well" they can only force him to play. He had one card, to play like crap, and he used it and got what he wanted. End of story.

BS right back atcha!

There is a big difference between "play like crap" and "intentionally go against the wishes of your superiors to harm your team's chances". If I turn up at work and don't do a great job, it's one thing. If I turn up at work and ignore what my line manager asks me to do and do something completely different, it's a whole other kettle of fish.

Turning up and half assing it is one thing. Turning up and deliberately sabotaging plays is another.

He did not deserve his paycheck for doing the latter. If he had an ounce of integrity, he would have either turned up for work and done what was asked of him (the basic stuff of "line up here, run this route" - not the "be a fabulous player" strawman you've invented) or not turned up at all if he couldn't bring himself to line up in the right place and run the right route.


Playing lack-luster wouldn't have got him cut, and that's what he wanted.


February 15th, 2013, 2:27 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Joined: March 5th, 2009, 8:42 pm
Posts: 2240
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Post Re: Lions place Titus Young on IR
wjb21ndtown wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:
Please can we put this ridiculous discussion to bed:

Quote:
Rams won’t comment on report Titus Young will be cut
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ll-be-cut/
Posted by Michael David Smith on February 15, 2013, 11:33 AM EST

Getty Images
The Rams are declining to comment on the odd report that surfaced this morning saying they would release receiver Titus Young today, just 10 days after they claimed him off waivers from the Lions.

PFT reached out to the Rams this morning when the talk of Young being released first surfaced, and the team told us that it has no comment. However, head coach Jeff Fisher is scheduled to appear at a press conference today to formally introduce Tim Walton as the team’s new defensive coordinator, and Fisher is expected to answer questions about Young at that press conference.

The story that Young would be cut began with, of all people, Rob Parker, the commentator who was fired by ESPN for making asinine comments about Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III being a “cornball brother.” Parker is now writing for a website called The Shadow League, and he reported there that Young would be cut and may never play football again. Parker isn’t known for breaking news, but he does live and work in Detroit, so he may have a connection with Young, who has played for the Lions for two years.

We’ll be keeping an eye on St. Louis for official word about Young’s future, or lack thereof, with the Rams.


If he never plays football again, I'll get it, but if he gets cut from St. Louis it's not over.

He wants out of his rookie deal, and getting cut from every team that claims him off of waivers would do that.

dude let it go. he is getting cut as he gets off the plane. he no longer deserves the benefit of the doubt. if this report is true, it speaks volumes. its too bad. he is talented but so was freddy mitchell and TO. maybe dallas scoops him up

_________________
Matthew Stafford is the only player in NFL history who is allowed to smoke cigarettes in the team huddle. He just chooses not to


February 15th, 2013, 2:58 pm
Profile
NFL Veteran

Joined: November 28th, 2007, 12:50 pm
Posts: 1391
Location: Newport Beach, Ca
Post Re: Lions place Titus Young on IR
Wjb, why do you keep giving Titus so much credit? You say he got what he wanted. That makes it seem as though he started acting out to force his release. There is no way he did anything other then perhaps the last few tweets to force his release. The guy is a child and all his season antics were him acting out and trying to get back at the people around him for the injustice he perceived was being done to him.

Jeff Fisher has his work cut out for him. He has a terrible line and a QB that is always suffering from some minor injury from all the hits he takes. If they resign Amendola he's going to get most of the targets because of the short time Bradford has to throw and they have 2 other young receivers that will be ahead of Young on the depth chart. I would assume Young is smart enough to know he's going to have to work his way to a starting spot, but I wonder how long he'll be willing to wait once he feels he has proven himself.

It should be interesting to see if he takes off or if he will crash and burn.


February 15th, 2013, 2:59 pm
Profile
Post Re: Lions place Titus Young on IR
1) Who's saying he ever made the trip to St. Louis?

2) I'm not giving him any credit, at all. I'm just pointing out the obvious. You guys want to act as if he's a mindless fool that has no end game or plan. I don't think that's true. I think he's concocted this whole thing. He definitely wanted to get cut from the Lions, and he did. Looks like he may not want to be in St. Louis, and it looks like he may want out of his rookie contract.

It would be in his best interest to take a one year deal for a minimum salary, keep his nose clean, play well, and get a big K in 2014.


February 15th, 2013, 3:21 pm
NFL Veteran

Joined: November 28th, 2007, 12:50 pm
Posts: 1391
Location: Newport Beach, Ca
Post Re: Lions place Titus Young on IR
wjb21ndtown wrote:
1) Who's saying he ever made the trip to St. Louis?

2) I'm not giving him any credit, at all. I'm just pointing out the obvious. You guys want to act as if he's a mindless fool that has no end game or plan. I don't think that's true. I think he's concocted this whole thing. He definitely wanted to get cut from the Lions, and he did. Looks like he may not want to be in St. Louis, and it looks like he may want out of his rookie contract.

It would be in his best interest to take a one year deal for a minimum salary, keep his nose clean, play well, and get a big K in 2014.


Where has he ever given evidence to be able to plan something a full season in the making? There is a very slim chance he would get a "big contract" in 2014. Playing one year while keeping his nose clean won't make what happened disappear unless he had a pro bowl type year. If he does get released from the Rams and managed to some how get another chance when no one else wanted him, he wouldn't become the automatic starter. He would need to work his way into a good spot on the depth chart and the time it would take will diminish his opportunities to show off for free agency. The things he has done are more egregious than any of the off field stuff most players do because they happened on the field or were done right in the face of the staff. Titus brings his problems to the field and that leaves a bigger stain than any player with "issues".


February 15th, 2013, 3:50 pm
Profile
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Joined: March 5th, 2009, 8:42 pm
Posts: 2240
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Post Re: Lions place Titus Young on IR
wjb21ndtown wrote:
1) Who's saying he ever made the trip to St. Louis?

2) I'm not giving him any credit, at all. I'm just pointing out the obvious. You guys want to act as if he's a mindless fool that has no end game or plan. I don't think that's true. I think he's concocted this whole thing. He definitely wanted to get cut from the Lions, and he did. Looks like he may not want to be in St. Louis, and it looks like he may want out of his rookie contract.

It would be in his best interest to take a one year deal for a minimum salary, keep his nose clean, play well, and get a big K in 2014.

ok that would be awesome for him but he has been a problem everywhere he has been. it doesnt matter if he got on the plane. he just cant stop sniffing bicycle seats

_________________
Matthew Stafford is the only player in NFL history who is allowed to smoke cigarettes in the team huddle. He just chooses not to


February 15th, 2013, 4:00 pm
Profile
Post Re: Lions place Titus Young on IR
rao wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
1) Who's saying he ever made the trip to St. Louis?

2) I'm not giving him any credit, at all. I'm just pointing out the obvious. You guys want to act as if he's a mindless fool that has no end game or plan. I don't think that's true. I think he's concocted this whole thing. He definitely wanted to get cut from the Lions, and he did. Looks like he may not want to be in St. Louis, and it looks like he may want out of his rookie contract.

It would be in his best interest to take a one year deal for a minimum salary, keep his nose clean, play well, and get a big K in 2014.


Where has he ever given evidence to be able to plan something a full season in the making? There is a very slim chance he would get a "big contract" in 2014. Playing one year while keeping his nose clean won't make what happened disappear unless he had a pro bowl type year. If he does get released from the Rams and managed to some how get another chance when no one else wanted him, he wouldn't become the automatic starter. He would need to work his way into a good spot on the depth chart and the time it would take will diminish his opportunities to show off for free agency. The things he has done are more egregious than any of the off field stuff most players do because they happened on the field or were done right in the face of the staff. Titus brings his problems to the field and that leaves a bigger stain than any player with "issues".


Rao, if he goes somewhere, and even works his way to the #2, racks up 800+ yards, 80+ catches, and 8 TDs, he'll get a million dollar deal from someone.

He's shown an ability to keep his nose clean in college, when he was younger and in hot water.


February 15th, 2013, 4:11 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Joined: March 5th, 2009, 8:42 pm
Posts: 2240
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Post Re: Lions place Titus Young on IR
so he kept his nose clean while he was in hot water

_________________
Matthew Stafford is the only player in NFL history who is allowed to smoke cigarettes in the team huddle. He just chooses not to


February 15th, 2013, 4:16 pm
Profile
Post Re: Lions place Titus Young on IR
Killwill25 wrote:
so he kept his nose clean while he was in hot water


Yea, he was suspended his entire sophomore year, and kept his nose clean for two years after that, and if he would have gotten into trouble, he likely would have lost his scholarship.

He's proven he can do it.


February 15th, 2013, 4:28 pm
Rookie Player of the Year
User avatar

Joined: August 24th, 2010, 9:54 pm
Posts: 2324
Post Re: Lions place Titus Young on IR
This thread is WJB's
Image
moment

_________________
Driver of the Jim Caldwell bandwagon. Climb aboard.


February 15th, 2013, 4:46 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 344 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 23  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Grink, liontrax, Yahoo [Bot] and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.