View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 24th, 2014, 3:09 am

Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 It's About Damn Time! Peterman Gets the Ax 
Veteran General Manager

Post Re: It's About Damn Time! Peterman Gets the Ax
wjb21ndtown wrote:
Lions just "restructured" Raiola's deal. I don't know how the hell you re-structure a guy with one year left, but I hope to hell we didn't extend him.

I bet it was a take a pay cut or get cut kind of thing. The money he "lost" probably just got change to a not likely to be earned incentive. Not likely to be earned incentives do not count against the cap.

February 15th, 2013, 11:38 am
kdsberman wrote:
Actually just confirmed it WJB, he took a pay cut to stay with team. No extension thank God.

Thank god is right. I still want to see the final details. We did have significant leverage over Raiola, and IMO it really says something about him and what he thinks of the quality of his play. He almost seemed afraid of going to a different team and trying to prove himself anywhere but here.

February 15th, 2013, 2:14 pm
Mr. Irrelevant

wjb21ndtown wrote:
kdsberman wrote:
Actually just confirmed it WJB, he took a pay cut to stay with team. No extension thank God.

Thank god is right. I still want to see the final details. We did have significant leverage over Raiola, and IMO it really says something about him and what he thinks of the quality of his play. He almost seemed afraid of going to a different team and trying to prove himself anywhere but here.

I kind of got the same feeling. I don't think that he could start on too many other teams in this league and I'm sure he knows it. It feels like a "last resort" kind of thing to stay in the league. Even if he had gotten an offer from another team, I can't imagine that it would be to be a starter. Even if that were the case, I have a hard time really believing that he'd be there too long if not just be a camp casualty.

February 15th, 2013, 2:25 pm
RIP Killer

It's the last year of his deal, so I'm not surprised. I could see him retiring after this season.

February 15th, 2013, 5:16 pm
Reply to topic   [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4