View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 22nd, 2014, 5:49 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 344 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 23  Next
 Lions place Titus Young on IR 
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Post Re: Lions place Titus Young on IR
Supposedly it's done, he is cut, and he may be done with football entirely.

I wonder what the next phase of his Master plan is...

February 15th, 2013, 4:47 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
DJ-B wrote:

We'll see...

February 15th, 2013, 4:51 pm
NFL Veteran

wjb21ndtown wrote:
rao wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
1) Who's saying he ever made the trip to St. Louis?

2) I'm not giving him any credit, at all. I'm just pointing out the obvious. You guys want to act as if he's a mindless fool that has no end game or plan. I don't think that's true. I think he's concocted this whole thing. He definitely wanted to get cut from the Lions, and he did. Looks like he may not want to be in St. Louis, and it looks like he may want out of his rookie contract.

It would be in his best interest to take a one year deal for a minimum salary, keep his nose clean, play well, and get a big K in 2014.

Where has he ever given evidence to be able to plan something a full season in the making? There is a very slim chance he would get a "big contract" in 2014. Playing one year while keeping his nose clean won't make what happened disappear unless he had a pro bowl type year. If he does get released from the Rams and managed to some how get another chance when no one else wanted him, he wouldn't become the automatic starter. He would need to work his way into a good spot on the depth chart and the time it would take will diminish his opportunities to show off for free agency. The things he has done are more egregious than any of the off field stuff most players do because they happened on the field or were done right in the face of the staff. Titus brings his problems to the field and that leaves a bigger stain than any player with "issues".

Rao, if he goes somewhere, and even works his way to the #2, racks up 800+ yards, 80+ catches, and 8 TDs, he'll get a million dollar deal from someone.

He's shown an ability to keep his nose clean in college, when he was younger and in hot water.

That could only happen if we assume he gets a open shot at moving up the depth chart, but that is not realistic. No matter where he goes he is going to start at the bottom due to his history. He is not a spectacular player, he's not going to get on the field and instantly wow the coaches. It takes time to move up and 80+ catches are not going to happen unless he's starting at week 1 and even then that is insane, Julio Jones didn't even go over 80 catches last season. Let's say he stay with the Rams, Amendola had 100 targets and the next 2 guys were at 80 each playing the whole season. Now Young is most likely not going to start the season, but say he took over around week 4 so he would probably end the season with around 65 targets. He caught 58% of his catches between his two seasons. That means he'd have around 38 catches for 456 yards if he's averaging 12 yrds a catch and 4 TDs sounds about right if he's the WR2. 38 456 and 4TDs is not going to get you a big contract a year after you publicly made an rectum out of yourself. A team would be able to get a 3rd rookie to get those kinds of numbers with a lot less risk and no baggage. If TY can correct himself he's at least 2 years out from a nice contract and would have been much better served just playing out his rookie deal and becoming a free agent.

February 15th, 2013, 5:08 pm
What do you call a "nice contract"?

Those numbers, IMO, at least get him a $1 mill 1 yr deal, which is double what he would have made in his last year of his rookie K.

February 15th, 2013, 5:22 pm
NFL Veteran

So your telling me he did all this for 500k?

He likely wouldn't be signing for more than the min again after a 38 catch season. He's going to need at least 2 clean season to shake what happened in Detroit and now if he's getting cut from the Rams it's probably going to be even harder to get a contract over the min.

February 15th, 2013, 5:34 pm
RIP Killer

wjb21ndtown wrote:

Those numbers, IMO, at least get him a $1 mill 1 yr deal, which is double what he would have made in his last year of his rookie K.

Salary only, they already paid that jack hole money that had his cap # at $1M. It's clear nobody in the league wanted the guy for $500K, since one team claimed him and cut him after interviewing him and realizing he was a pathetic loser.

February 15th, 2013, 5:40 pm
QB Coach

Since he was waived by the Rams can we now claim him back? I'm sure the 9 days away from Detroit got his head screwed on straight

(just so everyone is aware I am being sarcastic here)

February 15th, 2013, 8:07 pm
NFL Veteran

According to the associated press article on ESPN the Rams picked him up without doing any research or talking to him, they had him in for 4-5 days and after the extended interview process they decided he wasn't right for the team. It sounds similar to what happened in the draft where after teams interviewed him many dropped him off there draft boards. From his twitter rants and how he talks about himself, I'd say he hasn't learned anything from any of the things he's done and people can see that when they talk to him.

February 15th, 2013, 8:54 pm
conversion02 wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:

Salary only, they already paid that jack hole money that had his cap # at $1M. It's clear nobody in the league wanted the guy for $500K, since one team claimed him and cut him after interviewing him and realizing he was a pathetic loser.

No doubt that he is going to take a minimum K or a incentive laden deal if someone does give him a shot. I think a team like the Jets, the Panthers, the Bears, SF or maybe a team like the Pats will pick him up and try to reel him in.

February 15th, 2013, 9:47 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

wjb21ndtown wrote:
conversion02 wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:

No doubt that he is going to take a minimum K or a incentive laden deal if someone does give him a shot. I think a team like the Jets, the Panthers, the Bears, SF or maybe a team like the Pats will pick him up and try to reel him in.

Wjb, I wish the wife and I had a relationship as strong as yours & Titus'

February 15th, 2013, 11:18 pm
Veteran General Manager

wjb21ndtown wrote:
RJ,
Say that all you want. You can't argue that his tactics worked for him, and he's now created his own "2nd chance opportunitty," and he's better off at his new location.

We need an egg on the face smiley.

February 15th, 2013, 11:24 pm
BillySims wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
RJ,
Say that all you want. You can't argue that his tactics worked for him, and he's now created his own "2nd chance opportunitty," and he's better off at his new location.

We need an egg on the face smiley.

If Titus ends up out of football for the 2013 season, I'll admit that I was wrong about him. Until then, everything I've said about him remains true.

February 15th, 2013, 11:30 pm
Veteran General Manager

DJ-B wrote:

Probably filing bankruptcy. LOL. Titus = Mental Midget.

February 15th, 2013, 11:32 pm
Hall of Fame Player

Post Titus Young Already Waived By Rams
ESPN.com wrote:
Rams waive WR Titus Young

ST. LOUIS -- Titus Young's stay with the Rams was brief. The wide receiver has been placed on waivers after only a few days in St. Louis.

Coach Jeff Fisher said Friday the Rams picked up Young before they had much time to do any background checks. He concluded that Young was "not the best option" for the Rams.

"We saw Titus as an outstanding young player," Fisher said. "We spent time with him, we spent probably four or five days with him. We decided it was best for us to go in a different direction."

Young was banished three times by the Lions last year because of his behavior, including once for punching teammate Louis Delmas. He recently lashed out at the team on Twitter, posting, "If y'all going to cut me let me go. I'm tired of the threats."

Still, the Rams felt Young, a second-round draft pick in 2010 out of Boise State, was worth a look. Young caught 48 receptions with six touchdowns as a rookie, but his production dropped last year to 33 catches and four touchdowns.

Fisher said the decision to waive Young had nothing to do with the player's health.

"We claimed him so we could have his undivided attention," Fisher said. "We went through an extended interview process."

The Rams could be thin at wide receiver with Danny Amendola and Brandon Gibson unrestricted free agents. Fisher said he wasn't concerned about depth with a young core including Chris Givens and Brian Quick, both coming off rookie seasons, and Austin Pettis.

"There's options out there," Fisher said, adding it would be a "great draft" for wide receivers.

Fisher said he'd like to sign Amendola, an unrestricted free agent, and running back Steven Jackson. Jackson, coming off a franchise-record eighth straight 1,000-yard season, has until March 12 to void his contract and the sides have not met.

"Oh yes, we've got a number of unrestricted free agents on our roster that we want back, and Danny would be one of them, 'Jack' would be another," Fisher said. "We've got plenty of time. The process is ongoing. We're communicating with their agents and so on and so forth."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/89525 ... louis-rams

What a worthless piece of crap!! He didn't even make it to his first practice!

February 16th, 2013, 11:53 am
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Player

:-k It makes me wonder if Schwartz & Fisher conspired to do this to Young in order to damage his career even more. It was a no cost play to snatch him off the waiver wire and his immediate release makes him look like a bigger problem than his first release. He's clearly damaged goods!

February 16th, 2013, 11:59 am
Profile WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 344 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 23  Next