View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 27th, 2014, 11:12 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 344 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
 Lions place Titus Young on IR 
Mr. Irrelevant

Post Re: Lions place Titus Young on IR
inheritedlionsfan wrote:
Since he was waived by the Rams can we now claim him back?

Can a team actually do that? Claim a guy off of waivers when they had already gotten rid of him less than a month prior? I'm not advocating putting in a claim for the dude, I'm just curious lol.

February 16th, 2013, 12:37 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

LionFan57 wrote:
:-k It makes me wonder if Schwartz & Fisher conspired to do this to Young in order to damage his career even more. It was a no cost play to snatch him off the waiver wire and his immediate release makes him look like a bigger problem than his first release. He's clearly damaged goods!

Really... You really wonder if 2 coaches conspired to release a guy, sign him, fly him, spend 5 days meeting with him and trying to fit on your team, just to screw him over?

February 16th, 2013, 4:15 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
DJ-B wrote:
LionFan57 wrote:
:-k It makes me wonder if Schwartz & Fisher conspired to do this to Young in order to damage his career even more. It was a no cost play to snatch him off the waiver wire and his immediate release makes him look like a bigger problem than his first release. He's clearly damaged goods!

Really... You really wonder if 2 coaches conspired to release a guy, sign him, fly him, spend 5 days meeting with him and trying to fit on your team, just to screw him over?

Why would the team have to fly him anywhere?

And, St. Louis didn't "sign him" they just filled out a simple claim for him. I'm sure it's a pretty standard, boiler plate form that takes 5 min. to fill out. And, where do you get that they "spent 5 days meeting with him"? Best I can tell they interviewed him once.

You don't think Schwartz would say "Fish, this guy pissed me off. If no one else claims him, will you, and cut him a week later. He needs to learn his lesson..."

Schartz has SHOWN that he is that petty and that big of a chump.

February 16th, 2013, 5:22 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

I don't remember where I read it, but it was reported that they met with him for four or five days. It's also rumored they are saying he failed his physical. Which then brings up the question if it was a failed physical was it medical or fitness related. If it was the latter it further brings in to question how much desire he has to be great and if he is willing to do the work needed to get there.

February 16th, 2013, 5:56 pm
5th Round Pick - Traded

sweetd20 wrote:
I don't remember where I read it, but it was reported that they met with him for four or five days. It's also rumored they are saying he failed his physical. Which then brings up the question if it was a failed physical was it medical or fitness related. If it was the latter it further brings in to question how much desire he has to be great and if he is willing to do the work needed to get there.

Mental. And it is also possible he failed to study properly for the urine test. I'm not saying he has done it, but I can visualize this guy sitting at home on the sofa tweeting about how great he is as he hits a big fat one. After all, he is above all the petty things like team rules, structure and proving one's self to others.

February 16th, 2013, 6:43 pm
Jafo wrote:
sweetd20 wrote:

Mental. And it is also possible he failed to study properly for the urine test. I'm not saying he has done it, but I can visualize this guy sitting at home on the sofa tweeting about how great he is as he hits a big fat one. After all, he is above all the petty things like team rules, structure and proving one's self to others.

Where did you see that he failed a drug test?

February 16th, 2013, 7:14 pm
Veteran General Manager

wjb21ndtown wrote:
Jafo wrote:
sweetd20 wrote:

Where did you see that he failed a drug test?

He did not say that Titus failed a drug test. He was just saying that he suspects Titus may be using.

February 16th, 2013, 8:19 pm
NFL Veteran

wjb21ndtown wrote:
DJ-B wrote:
LionFan57 wrote:

And, St. Louis didn't "sign him" they just filled out a simple claim for him. I'm sure it's a pretty standard, boiler plate form that takes 5 min. to fill out. And, where do you get that they "spent 5 days meeting with him"? Best I can tell they interviewed him once.

You don't think Schwartz would say "Fish, this guy pissed me off. If no one else claims him, will you, and cut him a week later. He needs to learn his lesson..."

It was said in the ESPN article. Fisher said and I quote "We spent time with him, we spent probably four or five days with him. We decided it was best for us to go in a different direction."

There is no way they conspired to do something like that. Fisher has been in the league for way to damn long and is respected by many players. Doing something like that could be hidden from the public, but there is no way it wouldn't be found out by the players. Also there was no way for the Rams to know if they would have got him since he was available to any of the 14 teams above them in the waiver claim.

February 16th, 2013, 9:07 pm
With absolutely no proof... no history, and on a completely unrelated charge. Hell, it might do the guy some good to take a toke, he's pretty high-strung. Some 30% of the league smokes. The only time I'll get down on a guy for smoking pot is if they have weight or work ethic issues.

February 16th, 2013, 9:08 pm
rao wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
DJ-B wrote:
LionFan57 wrote:

It was said in the ESPN article. Fisher said and I quote "We spent time with him, we spent probably four or five days with him. We decided it was best for us to go in a different direction."

There is no way they conspired to do something like that. Fisher has been in the league for way to damn long and is respected by many players. Doing something like that could be hidden from the public, but there is no way it wouldn't be found out by the players. Also there was no way for the Rams to know if they would have got him since he was available to any of the 14 teams above them in the waiver claim.

No, it wouldn't ever have to go back to the players, ever. It would have been a two way phone conversation, and there's no way either coach would have ever told anyone else about it. Stuff like that happens all the time.

Didn't you read my post of how I thought the talk would go? "IF no one else claims him before you... THEN..." It doesn't matter that they didn't know if he would be claimed sooner, it would have been a "hey, lets screw this kid with little to no effort and teach him a lesson" sort of thing. If it didn't work because someone claimed him sooner, then fine, but its the same effort and same conversation either way, and it CAN be done without "knowing" if someone prior is going to take him.

February 16th, 2013, 9:11 pm
NFL Veteran

wjb21ndtown wrote:
rao wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
DJ-B wrote:
LionFan57 wrote:

No, it wouldn't ever have to go back to the players, ever. It would have been a two way phone conversation, and there's no way either coach would have ever told anyone else about it. Stuff like that happens all the time.

Didn't you read my post of how I thought the talk would go? "IF no one else claims him before you... THEN..." It doesn't matter that they didn't know if he would be claimed sooner, it would have been a "hey, lets screw this kid with little to no effort and teach him a lesson" sort of thing. If it didn't work because someone claimed him sooner, then fine, but its the same effort and same conversation either way, and it CAN be done without "knowing" if someone prior is going to take him.

Please explain to me the evidence of stuff like this happening all the time.

February 16th, 2013, 9:46 pm
Veteran General Manager

rao wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
rao wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
DJ-B wrote:
LionFan57 wrote:

Because that statement would support his irrational, conspiracy theory. Therefore it's true because he says it's true.

February 16th, 2013, 10:41 pm
rao wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
rao wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
DJ-B wrote:
LionFan57 wrote:

I'm not saying in the NFL, I'm saying with people, human kind... WE do stuff like this. We hold grudges, we're vengeful, and call in favors to accomplish our ends, and our friends, if it doesn't take much skin off of their back, often accommodates those requests, especially if they're somewhat of a disciplinarian (which Fisher is), and Schwartz knows him well enough to know how to manipulate him (which he does)... C'mon Jeff... This guy deserves it... He needs to be put in his place with some of that Tennesee Thunder...

February 16th, 2013, 11:05 pm
NFL Veteran

wjb21ndtown wrote:
I'm not saying in the NFL, I'm saying with people, human kind... WE do stuff like this. We hold grudges, we're vengeful, and call in favors to accomplish our ends, and our friends, if it doesn't take much skin off of their back, often accommodates those requests, especially if they're somewhat of a disciplinarian (which Fisher is), and Schwartz knows him well enough to know how to manipulate him (which he does)... C'mon Jeff... This guy deserves it... He needs to be put in his place with some of that Tennesee Thunder...

WE don't do this stuff. Maybe you and the people you surround yourself with do something like that, but I don't and I can't remember any instance of someone I know showing such an incredible lack of empathy. I may hold a grudge or throw something at you if you threw something at me, but I would never try to permanently affect someones life.

Your arguing that Schwartz and Fisher would try to destroy a troubled kid's career just because Schwartz didn't like how he acted on his team. He cut Young from the team there was nothing more Schwartz had to do to get back at him and if he were to hold a grudge I'm sure he would be way more satisfied getting him on the field to have a defensive player catch him going over the middle.

Where do you get Schwartz knows how to manipulate Fisher? If anything the game they coached against each other showed Fisher knows Schwartz better than Schwartz knows Fisher.

It's amazing that you think so little of people that you would believe that a coach/former player like Fisher, who has been in the NFL every year except 2011 since he was drafted in 1981, would so easily play with the livelihood of a player.

February 17th, 2013, 1:06 am
5th Round Pick - Traded

The Rams had very little to lose and a great deal to gain by claiming Young off waivers. They spent 4-5 days getting to know him at their facility giving them a decent idea of what kind of lockerroom presence he would be and said buh-bye. Think about Young's time in Detroit and that isn't hard to understand.

No need for a conspiracy. Young's tweets pretty much sum up his personality and it appears to be very me oriented.

February 17th, 2013, 10:19 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 344 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next