View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 23rd, 2014, 4:14 pm



Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Chiefs Look at Foles (Philli) & Aren't looking at #1 Qb 
Author Message
Post Chiefs Look at Foles (Philli) & Aren't looking at #1 Qb
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/nfl-r ... oles-trade

Just thought it was worth mentioning.


Quote:
New Eagles coach Chip Kelly said on Thursday that he wants to coach Nick Foles and Chiefs coach Andy Reid even acknowledged that Foles isn't available. But that didn't keep the two teams from having informal trade talks regarding Foles, according to USA Today.

Kansas City and Philadelphia talked at the NFL combine about a possible Foles trade, but no progress was made. The Eagles told the Chiefs what they've been publicly saying for weeks: that the team likes Foles and Kelly's plan is to give him a chance to win the starting quarterback job.

The Eagles also reportedly told Kansas City that Foles isn't on the market -- at this point. Teams are free to discuss trades, but can't make a move until the new league year starts March 12.

As far as the Chiefs' starting quarterback situation, the team seems to be in a bind. Kansas City doesn't seem thrilled with keeping Matt Cassel and his $7.5 million salary. There aren't a lot of free-agent options and even though the Chiefs have the No. 1 overall pick in the draft, taking a quarterback doesn't seem to be an option. Chiefs general manager John Dorsey said recently that he didn't think there was a quarterback where "personnel guys can definitely say 'he's a first-round pick.'

Reid and the Chiefs seem to have their eye on every available quarterback, including San Francisco's Alex Smith.


IMO this just makes it all the more likely that Joeckel will be the #1 overall pick.

I'm curious as to what Philli is thinking at #4. IMO if they take Fisher it really blows our whole draft...

Also... What does anyone think the reasonable compensation for Foles is? Apparently KC likes him more than any Qb in the draft. Would they consider giving up the #1? Is he only worth a 2nd? His value seems more than his pick status, which is a 3rd. If Phili can get three picks in the top 37, they could have an amazing draft.

What does anyone think we can get for Shaun Hill? It seems like it may be time to move him. Either Stafford is our man or he isn't, and if we lose our franchise Qb for a season we're not going anywhere anyhow. IMO it's time to dump that salary, save some coin at backup Qb, and look at someone else in the draft for Hill's spot. This team is too cash strapped to pay our backup positions $3.2 million dollars. Trading Hill would free up $1.9 million in cap space.


February 24th, 2013, 3:29 pm
Team MVP
User avatar

Joined: February 20th, 2007, 10:51 pm
Posts: 3260
Location: Saginaw, MI
Post Re: Chiefs Look at Foles (Philli) & Aren't looking at #1 Qb
I agree WJB.

Heres a few things we can hope for (Because I want Fisher too):

1) Chiefs re-sign Branden Albert (apparently unlikely)
2) Chiefs SOMEHOW find Joeckel's slow 40-time concerning (unlikely)
3) Philly loves Joeckel so much that they trade up to #1 spot to take him, which I then find Chiefs unlikely to draft Fisher at #4, especially if scenario #1 happens.
4) Geno Smith tears it up today, and KC finds him very worthy of the pick. He already ran a fast 40, if that helps.
5) Philly signs Jake Long or Branden Albert (doubt both)

IMO, I dont see any of that happening except maybe #4. In my pending mock 1.0, I have Joeckel going #1, Werner #2, Star #3, Fisher 4, and us taking Ansah. Because like you said, if Joeckel and Fisher are gone, WHO DO WE TAKE if we stay at #5?

Hopefully some things happen in FA to shake it all up, but as of right now, it doesnt look good for those of us wanting Fisher or Joeckel. Not to mention, does the front office even want any of those two or are they so bent out of shape about having Reiff be out LT of the future?

_________________
April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.


Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011


February 24th, 2013, 3:58 pm
Profile
1st Round Pick

Joined: November 28th, 2007, 12:50 pm
Posts: 1238
Location: Newport Beach, Ca
Post Re: Chiefs Look at Foles (Philli) & Aren't looking at #1 Qb
I'm at the point I believe both OTs will be gone before 5, but Geno did look good physically and if he falls to 5 I think there will be someone ready to trade up. There are no other QBs that stick out, so there is a good chance for a trade now.

This draft is looking great for day 2 talent with potentially a lot of guys that will be able to start week 1. A ton of good athletes this year, IMO trading down is really starting to look like a best scenario if Joeckel and Fisher are gone.


February 24th, 2013, 4:31 pm
Profile
Post Re: Chiefs Look at Foles (Philli) & Aren't looking at #1 Qb
rao wrote:
I'm at the point I believe both OTs will be gone before 5, but Geno did look good physically and if he falls to 5 I think there will be someone ready to trade up. There are no other QBs that stick out, so there is a good chance for a trade now.

This draft is looking great for day 2 talent with potentially a lot of guys that will be able to start week 1. A ton of good athletes this year, IMO trading down is really starting to look like a best scenario if Joeckel and Fisher are gone.


I hope we do pull the trigger if Fisher is there. I worry that we're going to pass on him.

I can still see Philli taking Star.


February 24th, 2013, 4:34 pm
Team MVP
User avatar

Joined: February 20th, 2007, 10:51 pm
Posts: 3260
Location: Saginaw, MI
Post Re: Chiefs Look at Foles (Philli) & Aren't looking at #1 Qb
rao wrote:
I'm at the point I believe both OTs will be gone before 5, but Geno did look good physically and if he falls to 5 I think there will be someone ready to trade up. There are no other QBs that stick out, so there is a good chance for a trade now.

This draft is looking great for day 2 talent with potentially a lot of guys that will be able to start week 1. A ton of good athletes this year, IMO trading down is really starting to look like a best scenario if Joeckel and Fisher are gone.


And to add to the possibility of getting a trading partner, Cleveland picks right after us, followed by Arizona, Buffalo, and New York Jets. What do they all have in common? Teams that need a QB.

_________________
April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.


Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011


February 24th, 2013, 4:36 pm
Profile
Online
Player of the Year - Defense

Joined: September 25th, 2007, 3:20 am
Posts: 2716
Post Re: Chiefs Look at Foles (Philli) & Aren't looking at #1 Qb
Star just dropped out of combine workouts after an echocardiogram found a heart condition.


February 24th, 2013, 6:38 pm
Profile
QB Coach

Joined: January 13th, 2006, 4:18 am
Posts: 3125
Location: Maryland
Post Re: Chiefs Look at Foles (Philli) & Aren't looking at #1 Qb
I think KC has been locked onto Luke for awhile now at #1. I don't think they feel Smith is worth it and they can probably get a QB at the top of the second round. Hopefully Smith falls to 5 and someone (Buffalo?) trades up with us for the rights to take him. If we're stuck at 5 I have a feeling we'll end up with Moore who I don't want.


February 24th, 2013, 6:55 pm
Profile
Post Re: Chiefs Look at Foles (Philli) & Aren't looking at #1 Qb
inheritedlionsfan wrote:
I think KC has been locked onto Luke for awhile now at #1. I don't think they feel Smith is worth it and they can probably get a QB at the top of the second round. Hopefully Smith falls to 5 and someone (Buffalo?) trades up with us for the rights to take him. If we're stuck at 5 I have a feeling we'll end up with Moore who I don't want.


I agree. I Have a horrible feeling that they'll pass on Fisher if he's available for Moore. I just think the whole deal reeks of Mayhew, and I hate it.

Moore/Jones/Millner all seem like Mayhew picks, but I think Millner is the least likely. I think we'll mistakenly go DE to replace Avril and mistakenly leave Backus/Reiff to play LT.


February 24th, 2013, 7:18 pm
Team MVP
User avatar

Joined: February 20th, 2007, 10:51 pm
Posts: 3260
Location: Saginaw, MI
Post Re: Chiefs Look at Foles (Philli) & Aren't looking at #1 Qb
wjb21ndtown wrote:
inheritedlionsfan wrote:
I think KC has been locked onto Luke for awhile now at #1. I don't think they feel Smith is worth it and they can probably get a QB at the top of the second round. Hopefully Smith falls to 5 and someone (Buffalo?) trades up with us for the rights to take him. If we're stuck at 5 I have a feeling we'll end up with Moore who I don't want.


I agree. I Have a horrible feeling that they'll pass on Fisher if he's available for Moore. I just think the whole deal reeks of Mayhew, and I hate it.

Moore/Jones/Millner all seem like Mayhew picks, but I think Millner is the least likely. I think we'll mistakenly go DE to replace Avril and mistakenly leave Backus/Reiff to play LT.


I dont know, I think Moore is much better suited to play 3-4 OLB and would hope Mayhew feels the same way.

_________________
April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.


Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011


February 24th, 2013, 7:23 pm
Profile
1st Round Pick

Joined: November 28th, 2007, 12:50 pm
Posts: 1238
Location: Newport Beach, Ca
Post Re: Chiefs Look at Foles (Philli) & Aren't looking at #1 Qb
wjb21ndtown wrote:
inheritedlionsfan wrote:
I think KC has been locked onto Luke for awhile now at #1. I don't think they feel Smith is worth it and they can probably get a QB at the top of the second round. Hopefully Smith falls to 5 and someone (Buffalo?) trades up with us for the rights to take him. If we're stuck at 5 I have a feeling we'll end up with Moore who I don't want.


I agree. I Have a horrible feeling that they'll pass on Fisher if he's available for Moore. I just think the whole deal reeks of Mayhew, and I hate it.

Moore/Jones/Millner all seem like Mayhew picks, but I think Millner is the least likely. I think we'll mistakenly go DE to replace Avril and mistakenly leave Backus/Reiff to play LT.


I also feel like Mayhew will pass on Fisher. I don't have faith in Mayhew's ability to judge value when it's not right in your face.


February 24th, 2013, 7:40 pm
Profile
QB Coach

Joined: January 13th, 2006, 4:18 am
Posts: 3125
Location: Maryland
Post Re: Chiefs Look at Foles (Philli) & Aren't looking at #1 Qb
Not to get too off topic here, and I know it'd be a bit of a reach, but what are your thoughts on Vaccaro at 5 assuming the LTs are gone?


And to get back ON topic, I don't think Foles would be worth more than a third, but I doubt the Eagles would trade him unless they got a second for him, or something of equal value. Vick isn't the long term answer and I doubt they brought in Dixon to start.


February 24th, 2013, 8:28 pm
Profile
Veteran General Manager
User avatar

Joined: May 7th, 2005, 3:25 pm
Posts: 7126
Location: Earth/Sagittarius Dwarf Galaxy
Post Re: Chiefs Look at Foles (Philli) & Aren't looking at #1 Qb
There is another LT that is really good. He is Lane Johnson from Oklahoma. In any other year, he would be the top LT in the draft. But, in this one, he is the 3rd best. He is expected to go between #10-15 overall. And yes, I believe that he will be a better LT than Reiff will ever be also. Don't think that I don't like Reiff though. I think he will be, a very good, if not pro bowl, RT.


February 24th, 2013, 8:45 pm
Profile
Post Re: Chiefs Look at Foles (Philli) & Aren't looking at #1 Qb
BillySims wrote:
There is another LT that is really good. He is Lane Johnson from Oklahoma. In any other year, he would be the top LT in the draft. But, in this one, he is the 3rd best. He is expected to go between #10-15 overall. And yes, I believe that he will be a better LT than Reiff will ever be also. Don't think that I don't like Reiff though. I think he will be, a very good, if not pro bowl, RT.


Maybe if we trade down, but there are only two OTs in this draft that I would like to see start for us in 2013, and everyone knows who they are.

I don't think Reiff is an LT at this point in his career.

I wonder if Phili would take a swap in first round picks and a KC 3rd rounder for Foles? I really think they're looking for a 2013 2nd rounder for him, or maybe even a first, but the 1st round pick swap may seal the deal. Either way, doesn't help us any... Oh well... hopefully one of them will go defense over LT.


February 25th, 2013, 3:13 pm
Team MVP
User avatar

Joined: February 20th, 2007, 10:51 pm
Posts: 3260
Location: Saginaw, MI
Post Re: Chiefs Look at Foles (Philli) & Aren't looking at #1 Qb
wjb21ndtown wrote:
BillySims wrote:
There is another LT that is really good. He is Lane Johnson from Oklahoma. In any other year, he would be the top LT in the draft. But, in this one, he is the 3rd best. He is expected to go between #10-15 overall. And yes, I believe that he will be a better LT than Reiff will ever be also. Don't think that I don't like Reiff though. I think he will be, a very good, if not pro bowl, RT.


Maybe if we trade down, but there are only two OTs in this draft that I would like to see start for us in 2013, and everyone knows who they are.

I don't think Reiff is an LT at this point in his career.

I wonder if Phili would take a swap in first round picks and a KC 3rd rounder for Foles? I really think they're looking for a 2013 2nd rounder for him, or maybe even a first, but the 1st round pick swap may seal the deal. Either way, doesn't help us any... Oh well... hopefully one of them will go defense over LT.



Well, the Eagles just released Cullen Jenkins. Maybe if Shariff Floyd makes it to them they pull the trigger? Especially switching to a 3-4, they might need a guy like him or Star.

_________________
April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.


Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011


February 25th, 2013, 3:21 pm
Profile
Post Re: Chiefs Look at Foles (Philli) & Aren't looking at #1 Qb
kdsberman wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
BillySims wrote:
There is another LT that is really good. He is Lane Johnson from Oklahoma. In any other year, he would be the top LT in the draft. But, in this one, he is the 3rd best. He is expected to go between #10-15 overall. And yes, I believe that he will be a better LT than Reiff will ever be also. Don't think that I don't like Reiff though. I think he will be, a very good, if not pro bowl, RT.


Maybe if we trade down, but there are only two OTs in this draft that I would like to see start for us in 2013, and everyone knows who they are.

I don't think Reiff is an LT at this point in his career.

I wonder if Phili would take a swap in first round picks and a KC 3rd rounder for Foles? I really think they're looking for a 2013 2nd rounder for him, or maybe even a first, but the 1st round pick swap may seal the deal. Either way, doesn't help us any... Oh well... hopefully one of them will go defense over LT.



Well, the Eagles just released Cullen Jenkins. Maybe if Shariff Floyd makes it to them they pull the trigger? Especially switching to a 3-4, they might need a guy like him or Star.


I cross my fingers that Star is the Eagles pick. It makes sense, the guy has a ton of talent, and he's a top 5 pick in any draft, but we don't need another damn DT. Too bad we can't trade Suh this year... I'd rather draft Star than Ansah.


February 25th, 2013, 3:24 pm
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: DJ-B, njroar and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.