View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 25th, 2014, 8:38 pm

Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 2013 Lions Draft Wish List 
Post Re: 2013 Lions Draft Wish List
liontrax wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
I really think the possibility of both Fisher and Loeckel being gone at 5 is around 50-60%. I wouldn't mind trading up to 3, as long as it doesn't cost us the farm. I would only give a 2014 pick to do it. We have to fill too many holes this year. Getting a LT this year, IMO, is the most important position to fill in 2013, and there are two great ones to pick from. Oddly enough, there should be two great ones next year too, and IMO, if we don't get an LT this year (and maybe even if we do) I think we'll be picking in the top 10 again next year.

I still see Jones and Moore being at the top of our draft list right now, and I hate it.

IMO Millner is a dumb pick at 5. I think there are at least two CBs just as good, without the injury concerns that could be had toward the end of the first round.

I would hate a trade up. If their gone, so be it and move on. If Jones and Moore are at the top of our draft list, then we need a new list.

And who then do you start at OT this year? Backus and Reiff? INEXCUSABLE!

February 25th, 2013, 2:45 pm
5th Round Pick - Traded

wjb21ndtown wrote:
liontrax wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
I really think the possibility of both Fisher and Loeckel being gone at 5 is around 50-60%. I wouldn't mind trading up to 3, as long as it doesn't cost us the farm. I would only give a 2014 pick to do it. We have to fill too many holes this year. Getting a LT this year, IMO, is the most important position to fill in 2013, and there are two great ones to pick from. Oddly enough, there should be two great ones next year too, and IMO, if we don't get an LT this year (and maybe even if we do) I think we'll be picking in the top 10 again next year.

I still see Jones and Moore being at the top of our draft list right now, and I hate it.

IMO Millner is a dumb pick at 5. I think there are at least two CBs just as good, without the injury concerns that could be had toward the end of the first round.

I would hate a trade up. If their gone, so be it and move on. If Jones and Moore are at the top of our draft list, then we need a new list.

That very well may be our starting OT's this year. Even if Lions take an OT later (2nd thru 5th round), they'll give him a year to develop before starting, or maybe they think Reiff or Fox can fill LT, and they take a RT prospect at some point.

February 25th, 2013, 2:54 pm
NFL Veteran

thelomasbrowns wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:

Just heard Moore had terrible combine numbers. Don't think he's our guy. Same with Jones because of his injury situation. As I said in another thread, this FO has been accused of taking unnecessary risks in terms of character and injury history. You think they're going to play into that by taking Jones at #5? I seriously doubt it.

Moore was slow and pulled up with a bad hammy on his second run while looking stiff. If there is a DE that's at the top of the Lions draft board it's going to be Ansah. He had a great combine in all the drills and he was everything they wanted in the wide-9 at the senior bowl.

February 25th, 2013, 2:59 pm
Rookie Player of the Year

I know this is kind of a b.s. point to bring up, but our second team O-line with Reiff & Fox at the tackle positions looked really good in preseason last year. That's when we were ripping off all those big runs.

February 25th, 2013, 3:05 pm
rao wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:

Just heard Moore had terrible combine numbers. Don't think he's our guy. Same with Jones because of his injury situation. As I said in another thread, this FO has been accused of taking unnecessary risks in terms of character and injury history. You think they're going to play into that by taking Jones at #5? I seriously doubt it.

Moore was slow and pulled up with a bad hammy on his second run while looking stiff. If there is a DE that's at the top of the Lions draft board it's going to be Ansah. He had a great combine in all the drills and he was everything they wanted in the wide-9 at the senior bowl.

Thank God that Moore looked bad at the combine, I'm still concerned about Jones though.

Ansah looked lanky and weak to me. I don't know how anyone can say he had a good combine. He ran the 40 in 4.74 and he was expected to run in the 4.6's. He didn't bench and he had 4.5 sacks last year.

IMO in most drafts he would be a 2nd round pick at best. I'd be disappointed to see us take him at #5.

February 25th, 2013, 3:07 pm
liontrax wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
liontrax wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:

That very well may be our starting OT's this year. Even if Lions take an OT later (2nd thru 5th round), they'll give him a year to develop before starting, or maybe they think Reiff or Fox can fill LT, and they take a RT prospect at some point.

Our offense will be horrible if those are our starting OTs.

February 25th, 2013, 3:08 pm
NFL Veteran

thelomasbrowns wrote:
I know this is kind of a b.s. point to bring up, but our second team O-line with Reiff & Fox at the tackle positions looked really good in preseason last year. That's when we were ripping off all those big runs.

That doesn't change the fact that Fox can't stay healthy sitting on the bench. Fox could look like Trent Williams out there, but he would never see the field due to injury. Fox at LT is like Delmas at safety and that's the same as not having a player at all.

February 25th, 2013, 3:10 pm
rao wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:

That doesn't change the fact that Fox can't stay healthy sitting on the bench. Fox could look like Trent Williams out there, but he would never see the field due to injury. Fox at LT is like Delmas at safety and that's the same as not having a player at all.

And time off on the OL is much worse than time off in the secondary. The OL needs to play "together" much more so than the secondary. It's important in the secondary, is a necessity on the OL.

And I don't care what our second team does against some other team's second team...

February 25th, 2013, 3:14 pm
Team MVP

wjb21ndtown wrote:
He ran the 40 in 4.74 and he was expected to run in the 4.6's.

Actually, he ran a 4.63 Not too bad for a 270# guy IMO

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

February 25th, 2013, 3:14 pm
Team MVP

And I hate to say it WJB, but you might want to prepare to be pissed, cuz I have a very strong feeling Ansah could be the pick at 5.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

February 25th, 2013, 3:15 pm
Rookie Player of the Year

Trading up would be foolish with Johnson not being that far behind Joeckel and Fisher. I only have a couple of OU games to look at but from what I've seen he has really good feet and technique especially for a guy that has so few snaps at LT. I'm also pretty sure they will at least stick their toe in the water with FA LTs and try to land one at a reasonable price. They won't break the bank for the top two or three guys but their are a couple of nice players that should fall into the $7-8 million per year range.

February 25th, 2013, 3:21 pm
kdsberman wrote:
And I hate to say it WJB, but you might want to prepare to be pissed, cuz I have a very strong feeling Ansah could be the pick at 5.

I don't doubt it. Schwartz has raved about the guy, and everyone knows that Schwartz (inappropriately!) has a lot of control over whom Mayhew drafts. He just reminds me a lot of IAF... Or a typical Raiders pick... Athletic, but "raw," not a lot of collegiate results. IMO he would be a high second round pick in most drafts, and he seems like a "boom or bust" pick to me, and we usually end up on the short end of those. We constantly outthink ourselves in the draft, and fail time and time again to make sound, responsible choices, hence the reason that we have less starters that we've drafted on our team than most...

February 25th, 2013, 3:21 pm
NFL Veteran

Ansah is 6'5 271 with 35 1/8" arms and 10 1/4" hands. He Ran a 4.63 and put up 21 reps on the bench. He looked like a top ten DE prospect physically. His low production could be due a little bit to him not having a true position at BYU. They used him in to many ways for a guy that just started football. He was great in the wide 9 at the senior bowl and he'll take to things like a sponge since he hasn't had a chance to specialize yet.

He seems like exactly what Schwartz looks for in a DE. Anyone know his age? BYU guys tend to be old.

February 25th, 2013, 3:27 pm
Team MVP

rao wrote:
Ansah is 6'5 271 with 35 1/8" arms and 10 1/4" hands. He Ran a 4.63 and put up 21 reps on the bench. He looked like a top ten DE prospect physically. His low production could be due a little bit to him not having a true position at BYU. They used him in to many ways for a guy that just started football. He was great in the wide 9 at the senior bowl and he'll take to things like a sponge since he hasn't had a chance to specialize yet.

He seems like exactly what Schwartz looks for in a DE. Anyone know his age? BYU guys tend to be old.

I know as of right now, Id be happy with Ansah at 5, if Fisher and Joeckel are gone. We need a DE, actually 2.

February 25th, 2013, 3:36 pm
5th Round Pick - Traded

kdsberman wrote:
rao wrote:

I know as of right now, Id be happy with Ansah at 5, if Fisher and Joeckel are gone. We need a DE, actually 2.

Me too, the kid has tremendous upside. Believe he's 24-25, came to the States in 08 at 19. Agree it would be nice to get 2 DE's, I like Datone Jones UCLA, as well.

February 25th, 2013, 3:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next