View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 21st, 2014, 5:50 pm

Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Chiefs Look at Foles (Philli) & Aren't looking at #1 Qb 
Team MVP

Post Re: Chiefs Look at Foles (Philli) & Aren't looking at #1 Qb
wjb21ndtown wrote:
I cross my fingers that Star is the Eagles pick. It makes sense, the guy has a ton of talent, and he's a top 5 pick in any draft, but we don't need another damn DT. Too bad we can't trade Suh this year... I'd rather draft Star than Ansah.

Luckily, Lotulelei has been cleared to continue his workouts. Hopefully he shines, and continues to shine at his Pro Day and other workouts, which SHOULD keep him top 4. I saw the Raiders as the only team to potentially draft him that high, but now i can really see the Eagles.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

February 25th, 2013, 3:29 pm
Rookie Player of the Year

With Star's heart condition even if he has been cleared to workout I doubt he goes top 5 now and I don't see any DT worthy of a top 5 pick. If the Eagles were looking for a player to fill a spot on their front line they will likely wait until the 2 nd round or trade back into the 1st round. They are in need of a LT just as bad as Detroit, Peters is in his thirties and comings off an Achilles injury. That can be a death sentence for any player but especially for a player of his size, not to mention in Kelly's offense the O-line needs to move around a little more and get to the second level.

February 25th, 2013, 3:57 pm
NFL Veteran

sweetd20 wrote:
With Star's heart condition even if he has been cleared to workout I doubt he goes top 5 now and I don't see any DT worthy of a top 5 pick. If the Eagles were looking for a player to fill a spot on their front line they will likely wait until the 2 nd round or trade back into the 1st round. They are in need of a LT just as bad as Detroit, Peters is in his thirties and comings off an Achilles injury. That can be a death sentence for any player but especially for a player of his size, not to mention in Kelly's offense the O-line needs to move around a little more and get to the second level.

Maybe the Eagles will bite on Lane Johnson's athleticism and take him before one of the other two. It's probably me just dreaming, but nothing wrong with having a dream.

February 25th, 2013, 4:32 pm
sweetd20 wrote:

I never heard anything about Stars heart... Kinda blows that idea. I still wouldn't mind trading up! The Raiders would likely get w/e player they wanted anyhow if they traded with us.

February 25th, 2013, 4:39 pm
NFL Veteran

wjb21ndtown wrote:
sweetd20 wrote:

I never heard anything about Stars heart... Kinda blows that idea. I still wouldn't mind trading up! The Raiders would likely get w/e player they wanted anyhow if they traded with us.

Only way I would trade up is with a future pick. This drafts best value comes from the 2nd day and later.

February 25th, 2013, 5:19 pm
rao wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
sweetd20 wrote:

Only way I would trade up is with a future pick. This drafts best value comes from the 2nd day and later.

I agree... I said that earlier, actually. If we can move up for a player (#3 to the Raiders for Shaun Hill) or for a 2014 pick, and guaranty us one of the two LTs, I'd do it in a minute.

February 25th, 2013, 5:24 pm
Team MVP

Good news for Lions, assuming they would draft Fisher..

Eagles just released DT Mike Patterson.

Thats 2 DTs gone in one day...

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

February 25th, 2013, 5:55 pm
RIP Killer

kdsberman wrote:

Bad news, Star Lotulelei has a heart ailment.

February 25th, 2013, 6:03 pm
Profile WWW
Team MVP

Pablo wrote:
kdsberman wrote:

Bad news, Star Lotulelei has a heart ailment.

Good news: Shariff Floyd is higher on most draft boards now.

February 25th, 2013, 7:37 pm
Hall of Fame Player

Good news. Star's heart ailment was apparently the result of a skewed test because of dehydration.

February 26th, 2013, 12:06 am
NFL Veteran

BillySims wrote:
Good news. Star's heart ailment was apparently the result of a skewed test because of dehydration.

I had read that also, but has it actually been confirmed by doctors yet? When I read it was dehydration they were just saying they were hoping that's what it is, but were not sure yet.

February 26th, 2013, 12:27 am
Hall of Fame Player

rao wrote:
BillySims wrote:

I had read that also, but has it actually been confirmed by doctors yet? When I read it was dehydration they were just saying they were hoping that's what it is, but were not sure yet.

That's what they have been saying on Sirius/XM NFL Radio.

February 26th, 2013, 12:34 am
Hall of Fame Player

Relayed news. The 49ers claim that they worked out a trade of Alex Smith that will be finalized after the new League year begins. Reportedly there are 2 teams interested. KC and AZ. I hope AZ wins that trade. We need KC to take a QB #1.

February 26th, 2013, 12:36 am
NFL Veteran

BillySims wrote:
rao wrote:
BillySims wrote:

That's good to hear for both Star and us Lions fans. We really need Star to be taken ahead of the Lions to have a chance at one of the OTs.

February 26th, 2013, 1:30 am
Team MVP

rao wrote:
BillySims wrote:
rao wrote:
BillySims wrote:

That's good to hear for both Star and us Lions fans. We really need Star to be taken ahead of the Lions to have a chance at one of the OTs.

Agree, and with Floyd flying up boards and having a good chance at cracking the top 4, thats a good thing too.

February 26th, 2013, 5:59 am
Reply to topic   [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next