View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 25th, 2014, 5:32 am

Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 2013 Combine's 
NFL Veteran

Post Re: 2013 Combine's
Mufasa wrote:
This guy is gonna be a solid sleeper in the 4th or 5th Rd. pick at Running Back barring any injuries. Knile Davis 6'0 225 4.37 out of Arkansas. He's built with solid muscle kinda remind me of Darren McFadden, unfortunately so does his injury history based on his production at Arkansas. Here's his highlight's link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tV6hW2ggiO4

Knile Davis shows an impressive blend of size, strength, speed
Posted by Michael David Smith on February 25, 2013, 2:37 PM EST
Knile Davis AP

If it’s possible for a player coming off an unimpressive final season of college football to change perceptions of himself with a few good days at the Scouting Combine, then former Arkansas running back Knile Davis has done it.

Davis, who ran for just 377 yards in a disappointing 2012 season, had an outstanding couple of days at the Scouting Combine. Davis was both the second-fastest running back, with a 40-yard dash officially timed at 4.37 seconds, and the second-strongest running back, with 31 reps of 225 pounds on the bench press.

At 227 pounds, Davis is much bigger than most running backs who can break 4.45 seconds in the 40. In fact, the only other running back who was faster than 4.45 seconds this year was Auburn’s Onterio McCalebb, who weighed in at just 168 pounds. FootballOutsiders.com has had some success predicting a running back’s future success using a formula incorporating his weight and 40 time to determine something called the Speed Score, and Davis had by far the best Speed Score of any running back this year. (McCalebb is so light that he actually comes in below average on the formula, despite his impressive 40 time.)

Davis said he believes he’s the same kind of player as two of the best running backs in the league.

“I think the thing that sets me apart is the size, speed, agility combination,” Davis said. “I think that is a rare combination that you just don’t find every year. The guy I really compare myself would be more of an Arian Foster, Adrian Peterson. Arian Foster with the zone running. I’m really good at running the zone and just the size and speed of Adrian Peterson.”

That comparison may be a bit over the top. But Davis definitely has turned some heads in the last few days.

He's got a long injury history and poor lateral movement. He's basically a straight line guy, so he wouldn't fit in DET's offense. They need a guy with the agility to match the speed even if that means they have to take a smaller guy. I don't think any of the backs this year really looked like a good replacement for best, but Franklin from UCLA was pretty fast and can catch very well out of the backfield.

February 25th, 2013, 6:03 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

rao wrote:
Mufasa wrote:
This guy is gonna be a solid sleeper in the 4th or 5th Rd. pick at Running Back barring any injuries. Knile Davis 6'0 225 4.37 out of Arkansas. He's built with solid muscle kinda remind me of Darren McFadden, unfortunately so does his injury history based on his production at Arkansas. Here's his highlight's link:

Knile Davis AP

If it’s possible for a player coming off an unimpressive final season of college football to change perceptions of himself with a few good days at the Scouting Combine, then former Arkansas running back Knile Davis has done it.

Davis, who ran for just 377 yards in a disappointing 2012 season, had an outstanding couple of days at the Scouting Combine. Davis was both the second-fastest running back, with a 40-yard dash officially timed at 4.37 seconds, and the second-strongest running back, with 31 reps of 225 pounds on the bench press.

At 227 pounds, Davis is much bigger than most running backs who can break 4.45 seconds in the 40. In fact, the only other running back who was faster than 4.45 seconds this year was Auburn’s Onterio McCalebb, who weighed in at just 168 pounds. FootballOutsiders.com has had some success predicting a running back’s future success using a formula incorporating his weight and 40 time to determine something called the Speed Score, and Davis had by far the best Speed Score of any running back this year. (McCalebb is so light that he actually comes in below average on the formula, despite his impressive 40 time.)

Davis said he believes he’s the same kind of player as two of the best running backs in the league.

“I think the thing that sets me apart is the size, speed, agility combination,” Davis said. “I think that is a rare combination that you just don’t find every year. The guy I really compare myself would be more of an Arian Foster, Adrian Peterson. Arian Foster with the zone running. I’m really good at running the zone and just the size and speed of Adrian Peterson.”

That comparison may be a bit over the top. But Davis definitely has turned some heads in the last few days.

He's got a long injury history and poor lateral movement. He's basically a straight line guy, so he wouldn't fit in DET's offense. They need a guy with the agility to match the speed even if that means they have to take a smaller guy. I don't think any of the backs this year really looked like a good replacement for best, but Franklin from UCLA was pretty fast and can catch very well out of the backfield.

true. Too bad we arent looking for Leshoure's replacement yet. I'd take Davis over Leshoure

February 25th, 2013, 8:11 pm
Killwill25 wrote:
rao wrote:
Mufasa wrote:

Knile Davis AP

true. Too bad we arent looking for Leshoure's replacement yet. I'd take Davis over Leshoure

Leshoure really was a horrible draft pick (and the fact that we traded back up to get him is sickening). You can get a back of his caliber in the 4th or 5th round, and we traded up to get him.

I'd take Leveon Bell or Lonnie Pryor over LeShoure, and they're considered 4th - 5th round picks.

February 25th, 2013, 8:30 pm
Rookie Player of the Year

Ford looked lighter and more explosive than he did in college, he's not a burner but is more decisive through the hole. The guy to replace Best doesn't have to be a RB. They can just as easily look at an overall upgrade at RB and look to a # 4 WR like a Goodwin, Boyce, or even Robinson to take that explosive receiving threat role.

February 25th, 2013, 8:31 pm

"Leshoure really was a horrible draft pick (and the fact that we traded back up to get him is sickening). You can get a back of his caliber in the 4th or 5th round, and we traded up to get him."

That entire draft made me sick, especially when every pick came in people were saying how great Mayhew was and to just give these guys a chance.

February 25th, 2013, 8:36 pm
sweetd20 wrote:
"Leshoure really was a horrible draft pick (and the fact that we traded back up to get him is sickening). You can get a back of his caliber in the 4th or 5th round, and we traded up to get him."

That entire draft made me sick, especially when every pick came in people were saying how great Mayhew was and to just give these guys a chance.

I agree completely. History has proven that Mayhew is horrible at drafting talent, and our scouting department is equally poor at evaluating talent.

February 25th, 2013, 8:41 pm
Walk On

rao wrote:
Mufasa wrote:

Knile Davis AP

Did I ever mention him being a fit for Detroit? I said he would possibly be a good sleeper in the 4th or 5th Rd BARRING injury. I think, I even compared him to Darren McFadden, including his injury history. Did u even read what I wrote?

February 25th, 2013, 11:09 pm
Walk On

sweetd20 wrote:
Ford looked lighter and more explosive than he did in college, he's not a burner but is more decisive through the hole. The guy to replace Best doesn't have to be a RB. They can just as easily look at an overall upgrade at RB and look to a # 4 WR like a Goodwin, Boyce, or even Robinson to take that explosive receiving threat role.

In that case, maybe we should look at Goodwin or even McCalebb to return kicks as well.

February 25th, 2013, 11:12 pm
NFL Veteran

Mufasa wrote:
rao wrote:
Mufasa wrote:

Knile Davis AP

Did I ever mention him being a fit for Detroit? I said he would possibly be a good sleeper in the 4th or 5th Rd BARRING injury. I think, I even compared him to Darren McFadden, including his injury history. Did u even read what I wrote?

No you didn't mention him being a fit for DET, that's what I was adding to the conversation. Thanks for being a d1ck about it. I'll avoid your posts from now on.

February 25th, 2013, 11:52 pm

Dee lights it up with an unofficial 4.31 in the forty.

February 26th, 2013, 10:38 am
NFL Veteran

I'm going to say Milliner is back in top 5. He lit up the 40 and has the tape to go with it. They tracked him at 23.9 mph in the 40 also. I really want to see what they are once official, but he sure looked like he killed any doubts about his speed.

February 26th, 2013, 10:59 am
Team MVP

Wow, that definitely shakes things up. Hope the surgery doesn't end up being a concern. Anyone know what he weighed in at?

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

February 26th, 2013, 11:19 am
RIP Killer

kdsberman wrote:
Wow, that definitely shakes things up. Hope the surgery doesn't end up being a concern. Anyone know what he weighed in at?

Dee Milliner came in at 6'0", 201 lbs with 32.08 inch arms.

February 26th, 2013, 11:27 am
Profile WWW
NFL Veteran

kdsberman wrote:

They got him at 5'11 7/8 and 201. He's got good size.

February 26th, 2013, 11:29 am
Team MVP

rao wrote:
kdsberman wrote:

They got him at 5'11 7/8 and 201. He's got good size.

That's a great size an speed combo. And with good ball skills. As much as I want tackle or defensive end, can u pass that up?

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

February 26th, 2013, 11:36 am
Reply to topic   [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next