View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 20th, 2014, 7:52 pm

Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 2013 Combine's 
RIP Killer

Post Re: 2013 Combine's
kdsberman wrote:
rao wrote:
kdsberman wrote:
Wow, that definitely shakes things up. Hope the surgery doesn't end up being a concern. Anyone know what he weighed in at?

They got him at 5'11 7/8 and 201. He's got good size.

That's a great size an speed combo. And with good ball skills. As much as I want tackle or defensive end, can u pass that up?

The question is largely medical now, can her "shoulder" the load?

BTW - that 40 time sure doesn't match up with what WJB reported about him after the championship game! 8)

February 26th, 2013, 11:49 am
Profile WWW
1st Round Pick

Pablo wrote:
kdsberman wrote:
rao wrote:
kdsberman wrote:
Wow, that definitely shakes things up. Hope the surgery doesn't end up being a concern. Anyone know what he weighed in at?

That's a great size an speed combo. And with good ball skills. As much as I want tackle or defensive end, can u pass that up?

BTW - that 40 time sure doesn't match up with what WJB reported about him after the championship game! 8)

You can't blame WJB, no one thought he was a 4.3 guy. Many experts were expecting to see low 4.5 to high 4.4, but he surprised a lot of people. I never thought he looked that fast either, but now you know he's got the recovery speed to go with his nice skill set.

I will say his drills didn't look quite as good, couldn't catch today and if I'm the Lions I want a ballhawk not just a cover guy. I also think the shoulder is real important because Milliner is a physical corner and you don't want the shoulder to be an issue every time he goes in for a tackle.

February 26th, 2013, 12:40 pm
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

I don't think he's a 5th pick material, apart from the 40, nothing else he did was all that special, just like rao said.

I'd rather take a chance on Tyran Mathew (the guy Deon wouldn't shut up about) he might be there in the 2nd/3rd rounds.

February 26th, 2013, 12:51 pm
RIP Killer

How bout Leon Sandcastle? I've gotta think he is Deon's favorite.

February 26th, 2013, 1:34 pm
Profile WWW
1st Round Pick

the Group 2 DBs looked great for size/speed. Should be quality guys in rounds 3 and 4.

February 26th, 2013, 1:37 pm
rao wrote:
Pablo wrote:
kdsberman wrote:
rao wrote:
kdsberman wrote:

You can't blame WJB, no one thought he was a 4.3 guy. Many experts were expecting to see low 4.5 to high 4.4, but he surprised a lot of people. I never thought he looked that fast either, but now you know he's got the recovery speed to go with his nice skill set.

I will say his drills didn't look quite as good, couldn't catch today and if I'm the Lions I want a ballhawk not just a cover guy. I also think the shoulder is real important because Milliner is a physical corner and you don't want the shoulder to be an issue every time he goes in for a tackle.

Thanks... I just remember him looking like he was struggling to keep up with opposing WRs. It always weirds me out when guys have great speed, but can't seem to use it on the field. Are they just track stars? Do they lose their speed when they put pads on? (personally, I think everyone should have to run the 40 in pads... after all, they're never going to be streaking down the field in their spandex) Or do they just not know how to use it?

I'll give you another name... Andre Goodman... Dood was crazy fast. He ran something like a 4.28, but he NEVER used it on the field. He was often out of position, and even with his "speed" he couldn't recover. Why?

I've said it about Dennard in the past, he's one of, if not THE fastest ncaa player. He has olympic type of speed, and has put up some amazing numbers in FL, yet he often gets caught from behind. Why?

rao wrote:
the Group 2 DBs looked great for size/speed. Should be quality guys in rounds 3 and 4.

I agree completely... And this is the primary reason I'd be disappointed with Millner, and his bum shoulder.

At this point I'm Joeckel, Fisher, Warmak if we're stuck at 5. Ansah scares me, and it's been said that we're going to "have" to take a player (if we miss out on both LTs) that would ordinarily be picked in the 16 to 20 range in most drafts... That being the case, Warmack seems like the best pick. He's no project, and he's a great OG. He's a solid player, day 1 contributor, and you can lock him in at OG for the next 5+ years.

I'd prefer that over a project DE.

February 26th, 2013, 5:28 pm
1st Round Pick

wjb21ndtown wrote:
Thanks... I just remember him looking like he was struggling to keep up with opposing WRs. It always weirds me out when guys have great speed, but can't seem to use it on the field. Are they just track stars? Do they lose their speed when they put pads on? (personally, I think everyone should have to run the 40 in pads... after all, they're never going to be streaking down the field in their spandex) Or do they just not know how to use it?

I'll give you another name... Andre Goodman... Dood was crazy fast. He ran something like a 4.28, but he NEVER used it on the field. He was often out of position, and even with his "speed" he couldn't recover. Why?

I've said it about Dennard in the past, he's one of, if not THE fastest ncaa player. He has olympic type of speed, and has put up some amazing numbers in FL, yet he often gets caught from behind. Why?

rao wrote:

I agree completely... And this is the primary reason I'd be disappointed with Millner, and his bum shoulder.

At this point I'm Joeckel, Fisher, Warmak if we're stuck at 5. Ansah scares me, and it's been said that we're going to "have" to take a player (if we miss out on both LTs) that would ordinarily be picked in the 16 to 20 range in most drafts... That being the case, Warmack seems like the best pick. He's no project, and he's a great OG. He's a solid player, day 1 contributor, and you can lock him in at OG for the next 5+ years.

If you look at Milliner's 10 yrd splits they didn't correlate to what you normally see for a 4.37 and he hit a pretty high top speed. IMO Milliner seems like he has a higher top speed than other guys but a slower acceleration. On the NFL.com stream they showed he was around 1-1.5 mph faster than the other top guys at the end of the 40. In a game it would be rare for him to have enough time to hit his top speed before he would need to change direction or stop to brake up a pass.

I think he has top 5 potential and I wouldn't really fault the Lions for taking him, but I'd prefer they did not. Alabama hasn't really put out any corners of note recently and DET already had Bentley missing time due to a shoulder. Also there are a ton of small school DBs in this draft just looking for an opportunity.

I'd feel a little wierd about taking a pure RG at number 5. I know he's great and probably one of the best prospects of the draft, but he plays what I think is the easiest position on the oline. I don't know if your calling Hutch a hall of famer or raving about Decastro if those two only played on the right.

Lets just hope one of the OTs are there and Mayhew makes the right call.

February 26th, 2013, 6:14 pm
Mr. Irrelevant

wjb21ndtown wrote:
rao wrote:
Pablo wrote:
kdsberman wrote:
rao wrote:
kdsberman wrote:

rao wrote:

The LT from Oklahoma, Lane Johnson is climbing the boards, and it now appears there could be 3 OT's rated top ten. With that many Tackles we're bound to get one of them.

February 26th, 2013, 6:38 pm
RIP Killer

Beware of fast risers during the combine. Just sayin...

February 26th, 2013, 6:47 pm
Profile WWW
League MVP

Pablo wrote:

Agreed. those guys have a tendancy of being work out worriors. GREAT in the weight room.....questionable on the field.

February 26th, 2013, 6:48 pm
Pablo wrote:

Like Ansah...

February 26th, 2013, 6:56 pm
Mr. Irrelevant

Johnson isn't exactly a late riser. He was a first round tackle to begin with. In OK's bowl game he stonewalled Damontre Moore. In the Senior bowl he played well for our coaching staff.

February 26th, 2013, 7:01 pm
Veteran General Manager

Pablo wrote:

Lane Johnson is not a fast riser though. He is a very good LT. In any other year, he is the first LT off the boards. All he needed was to clear his medical exam, ( I think he had a bum shoulder), and he was set to join the top 2 OT's.

Last edited by BillySims on February 26th, 2013, 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

February 26th, 2013, 10:32 pm
Veteran General Manager

wjb21ndtown wrote:
Pablo wrote:

Like Ansah...

Ansah has been rising since the senior bowl. Because he showed it on the field in that game.

February 26th, 2013, 10:34 pm
Walk On

rao wrote:
Mufasa wrote:
rao wrote:
Mufasa wrote:
This guy is gonna be a solid sleeper in the 4th or 5th Rd. pick at Running Back barring any injuries. Knile Davis 6'0 225 4.37 out of Arkansas. He's built with solid muscle kinda remind me of Darren McFadden, unfortunately so does his injury history based on his production at Arkansas. Here's his highlight's link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tV6hW2ggiO4

Knile Davis shows an impressive blend of size, strength, speed
Posted by Michael David Smith on February 25, 2013, 2:37 PM EST
Knile Davis AP

If it’s possible for a player coming off an unimpressive final season of college football to change perceptions of himself with a few good days at the Scouting Combine, then former Arkansas running back Knile Davis has done it.

Davis, who ran for just 377 yards in a disappointing 2012 season, had an outstanding couple of days at the Scouting Combine. Davis was both the second-fastest running back, with a 40-yard dash officially timed at 4.37 seconds, and the second-strongest running back, with 31 reps of 225 pounds on the bench press.

At 227 pounds, Davis is much bigger than most running backs who can break 4.45 seconds in the 40. In fact, the only other running back who was faster than 4.45 seconds this year was Auburn’s Onterio McCalebb, who weighed in at just 168 pounds. FootballOutsiders.com has had some success predicting a running back’s future success using a formula incorporating his weight and 40 time to determine something called the Speed Score, and Davis had by far the best Speed Score of any running back this year. (McCalebb is so light that he actually comes in below average on the formula, despite his impressive 40 time.)

Davis said he believes he’s the same kind of player as two of the best running backs in the league.

“I think the thing that sets me apart is the size, speed, agility combination,” Davis said. “I think that is a rare combination that you just don’t find every year. The guy I really compare myself would be more of an Arian Foster, Adrian Peterson. Arian Foster with the zone running. I’m really good at running the zone and just the size and speed of Adrian Peterson.”

That comparison may be a bit over the top. But Davis definitely has turned some heads in the last few days.

He's got a long injury history and poor lateral movement. He's basically a straight line guy, so he wouldn't fit in DET's offense. They need a guy with the agility to match the speed even if that means they have to take a smaller guy. I don't think any of the backs this year really looked like a good replacement for best, but Franklin from UCLA was pretty fast and can catch very well out of the backfield.

Did I ever mention him being a fit for Detroit? I said he would possibly be a good sleeper in the 4th or 5th Rd BARRING injury. I think, I even compared him to Darren McFadden, including his injury history. Did u even read what I wrote?

No you didn't mention him being a fit for DET, that's what I was adding to the conversation. Thanks for being a d1ck about it. I'll avoid your posts from now on.

My apologies for misreading your post, but what I took from it was all the points I made you piggy backed it as if you hadn't even bothered reading my points. Then commenting he wouldn't be a good fit in Det's offense, which left me completely baffled and convinced you didn't read it.

Draft the BLACK MAMBA!! Ducks #6

February 27th, 2013, 2:38 pm
Reply to topic   [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next