View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 30th, 2014, 2:01 am

Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Milliner to undergo surgery after the combine 
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Post Re: Milliner to undergo surgery after the combine
I posted on here a month ago that Rhodes would jump him

Quote:
im willing to bet that xavior rhodes will jump milliner in the draft. im surpised he hasnt already.
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=16418&start=60

February 23rd, 2013, 9:43 pm
Varsity Captain

And to quote mike mayock "he's got hands like feet." He dropped a bunch of passes.

February 26th, 2013, 5:38 pm
Killwill25 wrote:

Quote:
im willing to bet that xavior rhodes will jump milliner in the draft. im surpised he hasnt already.

After the combine, I don't see it happening. He didn't seem to fall under Rhodes, even after the announcement of the shoulder surgery.

February 26th, 2013, 5:58 pm
NFL Veteran

wjb21ndtown wrote:
Killwill25 wrote:

Quote:

After the combine, I don't see it happening. He didn't seem to fall under Rhodes, even after the announcement of the shoulder surgery.

The only thing that changed for Rhodes is he's probably a 1st round lock now along with Trufant. Most likely going to see 3 CBs and Vacarro gone on the first day now.

February 26th, 2013, 6:22 pm
5th Round Pick - Traded

Wouldn't be surprised to see several corners leap frog Milliner. Don't see him as a top 5 pick.

February 26th, 2013, 6:29 pm
RIP Killer

liontrax wrote:
Wouldn't be surprised to see several corners leap frog Milliner. Don't see him as a top 5 pick.

Not a chance!

February 26th, 2013, 6:48 pm
Profile WWW
Heisman Winner

Personally, I hope he is a top 5 pick. Namely, #5 to Detroit. He's big, he makes plays on the ball in the air regularly, and he is not a slow as folks seemed to have thought. I'll take that over a project DE at this point.

February 26th, 2013, 9:07 pm
jrd66 wrote:
Personally, I hope he is a top 5 pick. Namely, #5 to Detroit. He's big, he makes plays on the ball in the air regularly, and he is not a slow as folks seemed to have thought. I'll take that over a project DE at this point.

And you're good with the shoulder surgery? You're ok with their being a good crop of tier 2 CBs, a potential CB FA replacement in Porter, and not fixing the more pressing need in DE? And, most importantly, you're ok with going into the season with Backus and Reiff as our starting OTs?

February 26th, 2013, 9:11 pm
QB Coach

I wouldn't trust Porter until he's medically cleared especially with seizures and whatever else he had going on. Even if he was healthy, the two rookies on the Broncos surpassed him quickly. Why can't we ever get talent like that in the draft...

I'm still pulling for us to land Trufant. he had an official 4.38 40 so he won't be there at 36 but if we could trade back into the 20's for cheap I'm all for it.

Last edited by inheritedlionsfan on February 26th, 2013, 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

February 26th, 2013, 9:26 pm
inheritedlionsfan wrote:
I wouldn't trust Porter until he's medically cleared especially with seizures and whatever else he had going on. Even if he was healthy, the two rookies on the Broncos surpassed him quickly. Why can't we ever get talent like that in the draft...

The two rookies never surpassed him. He was playing great football until he had his seizure, and fwiw, I think we should be looking at him not as our #1, but our #2. He would be the best #2 CB this team has had in years, maybe even decade(s). He was medically cleared to play last year. His seizures may have been caused from a lack of oxygen playing in Denver.

February 26th, 2013, 9:31 pm
Heisman Winner

wjb21ndtown wrote:
jrd66 wrote:

And you're good with the shoulder surgery? You're ok with their being a good crop of tier 2 CBs, a potential CB FA replacement in Porter, and not fixing the more pressing need in DE? And, most importantly, you're ok with going into the season with Backus and Reiff as our starting OTs?

Yes I am good with the surgery. He played part of the season with the injury, he isn't a Tackle. This isn't Aaron Gibson again.

I am OK with the notion of taking the best CB up front and passing on the chance that those other guys you speak of may be there in rd 2. If they are really that good, I think they are likely to get picked prior. Rd 2 is for WR anyhow, so you wouldn't get the CB until rd 3 at the earliest. As far as the FA, that is also an option, but you can't always get who you want.

I am not convinced that the DE class is all that. Where is Julius Peppers in this group? Not all good DE are chosen in the top 10. These guys are a gamble in my mind. They may or may not prove out. So, yes again. I don't want a project here.

Your last question is the hardest one. I presume that at least 1 OT is gone. There might be 2 gone if they are as good as some people think. If Fisher or Joekel is still there it may be that Milliner is gone at that point. I guess I am better with Backus and Reiff at OT than the thought of Jacob Lacey and Bill Bentley at CB. If Backus retires, I'd be we see Reiff at LT and Fox at RT. I'm not endorsing that, since Fox can't stay healthy and who knows if Reiff can hold down the LT spot. I do, however, think that will be the Lions play on things.

All your questions and points are valid. For me, I think this is what I want here at this point. There is some risk in it. There is risk elsewhere also. I think the Lions have few high level talents in the secondary. I say fix that here. Time will tell if it is the right call or not.

February 26th, 2013, 9:41 pm
Rookie Player of the Year

I'm a little sketchy of putting a rookie LT out there even if they might eventually be Orlando Pace caliber LTs. They are going to be going against DEs and OLBs that are far superior than what they faced in college as well as much more sophisticated defensive schemes. I'm all for replacing Backus but I have a bad feeling they are going to ride that pony one more season. I'd much rather see them get their new LT in FA and think they can get Beatty for a reasonable price if the Giants decide they need to spend their money on other needs.

As far as CB goes I wouldn't be upset with Milliner if they stayed at #5 but there are a number of physical CBs in this draft that are going to be very good NFL CBs.

February 26th, 2013, 10:36 pm
Hall of Fame Player

BestAtMadden wrote:
And to quote mike mayock "he's got hands like feet." He dropped a bunch of passes.

WR's that can't catch.... Become CB's.

February 26th, 2013, 10:49 pm
Hall of Fame Player

jrd66 wrote:

If both the top 2 LT's are gone, Milliner is my guy.

February 26th, 2013, 10:51 pm
NFL Veteran

BillySims wrote:
jrd66 wrote:

If both the top 2 LT's are gone, Milliner is my guy.

I'll take my chance on one of the DE prospects from the 1st rd and one of the later rd corners over Milliner and a later rd DE any day. There is a lot less separation in the CBs than there is in the DEs.

WJB has convinced me, I want one of the 2 OTs or Warmack before anything else, I'll even go as far as taking Lane Johnson also over the other positions. This draft is filled with mostly late 1st rd talent and below.

February 26th, 2013, 11:19 pm
Reply to topic   [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next