View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 18th, 2014, 2:26 pm

Reply to topic  [ 652 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 44  Next
 Off-Season Moves 
Team MVP

Post Re: Off-Season Moves
Boz wrote:
Just read on KFFL that the Lions don't appear to have much intrest in resigning Houston or Lacey. Don't know where it came from but it's there. Smoke Screen?

And also it appears they ARE interested in Sean Smith.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

February 26th, 2013, 5:56 am
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Boz wrote:
Just read on KFFL that the Lions don't appear to have much intrest in resigning Houston or Lacey. Don't know where it came from but it's there. Smoke Screen?

I don't understand how that'd be known for sure, but it makes sense. Houston got lost many times in covering his zone and isn't amazing as a man corner. Unless he's willing to move on with us for no more than $5 million a year, I don't see him being here next year. Lacey is a good rotational guy, but not much more. The guy just isn't that good.

February 26th, 2013, 7:37 am
Rookie Player of the Year

Shotty wrote:
Boz wrote:

I don't understand how that'd be known for sure, but it makes sense. Houston got lost many times in covering his zone and isn't amazing as a man corner. Unless he's willing to move on with us for no more than $5 million a year, I don't see him being here next year. Lacey is a good rotational guy, but not much more. The guy just isn't that good.

No thanks to Lacey--would rather play our young guys. Think it's important to re-sign Houston, but he might be overvaluing himself.

February 26th, 2013, 10:21 am

sweetd20 wrote:
Trading Suh this year or at least before June 1st gains the Lions no leverage. With his restructure last season he pushed I believe $6 million back into guaranteed money. The only relief would come in trading him next season or after June 1st when all the major FAs have been signed and after the draft.

Good points. I think the only team that would trade a 1st for him is Oakland, since they need a star on defense and almost always draft busts in the 1st round anyways, maybe Washington with their GM who gave Albert Haynesworth 100 million dollars for no reason. Removing him would do wonders for our cap situation. $17 million freed and a high pick for a guy who puts his teams reputation down repeatedly, gets a bunch of traffic tickets, and is on a D-line that sucks with him on it and has arguably three starter-worthy tackles on it, so it won't hurt much.

February 26th, 2013, 4:04 pm
Team MVP

Just read that the lions are reported to have a strong interest in Reggie Bush.

I'd like him, but he's gonna want a lot of money. And again, what good is another running back when our line sucks anyway at run blocking.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

February 26th, 2013, 4:05 pm
Team MVP

Shotty wrote:
sweetd20 wrote:
Trading Suh this year or at least before June 1st gains the Lions no leverage. With his restructure last season he pushed I believe $6 million back into guaranteed money. The only relief would come in trading him next season or after June 1st when all the major FAs have been signed and after the draft.

Good points. I think the only team that would trade a 1st for him is Oakland, since they need a star on defense and almost always draft busts in the 1st round anyways, maybe Washington with their GM who gave Albert Haynesworth 100 million dollars for no reason. Removing him would do wonders for our cap situation. $17 million freed and a high pick for a guy who puts his teams reputation down repeatedly, gets a bunch of traffic tickets, and is on a D-line that sucks with him on it and has arguably three starter-worthy tackles on it, so it won't hurt much.

"On a d-line that sucks with him on it"??? Are u serious?

February 26th, 2013, 4:06 pm

kdsberman wrote:
Shotty wrote:
sweetd20 wrote:

It doesn't suck, but it isn't great. It'll take some time to get 2 quality starters at the ends, anyways, so why keep him if there's no possible way we resign him and our ends will be weak?

February 26th, 2013, 4:08 pm
#1 Overall Pick

kdsberman wrote:

I'd like him, but he's gonna want a lot of money. And again, what good is another running back when our line sucks anyway at run blocking.

Reggie Bush would be there to catch out of the flat and spread out wide. He won't be a north south guy for the Lions and he'll primarily run out of passing formations, so if he still has the speed to turn the corner he'll be fine with the current oline. Lions will still be unable to get a 3rd and 1-2, but that's not what they are looking at Bush for.

I'm not so sure Bush is going to cost that much, I'm not sure there is any team that wants him as a primary back. Add in his knack for getting minor injuries and his value may be much less than normal. Free agency is also filled with guys in Bush's tier level, it's gonna bring the RBs value down this year.

February 26th, 2013, 4:14 pm
Team MVP

Well if they traded him, which I guarantee they won't, it would be because of money, not because of his play.

February 26th, 2013, 4:15 pm
#1 Overall Pick

Shotty wrote:
kdsberman wrote:
Shotty wrote:
sweetd20 wrote:

It doesn't suck, but it isn't great. It'll take some time to get 2 quality starters at the ends, anyways, so why keep him if there's no possible way we resign him and our ends will be weak?

You keep him because you get no cap relief this year if you get rid of him. He also can help two new DEs look better than they would playing next to Fairly and some mid-level DT you replace Suh with.
If they are going to move him, next year will be the year to do it, this year they need him to just keep some sort of threat on the defense.

February 26th, 2013, 4:21 pm
kdsberman wrote:
Shotty wrote:
sweetd20 wrote:

Our DL is mediocre at best, even with Suh.

February 26th, 2013, 5:33 pm
rao wrote:
kdsberman wrote:

Reggie Bush would be there to catch out of the flat and spread out wide. He won't be a north south guy for the Lions and he'll primarily run out of passing formations, so if he still has the speed to turn the corner he'll be fine with the current oline. Lions will still be unable to get a 3rd and 1-2, but that's not what they are looking at Bush for.

I'm not so sure Bush is going to cost that much, I'm not sure there is any team that wants him as a primary back. Add in his knack for getting minor injuries and his value may be much less than normal. Free agency is also filled with guys in Bush's tier level, it's gonna bring the RBs value down this year.

Bush wants to be in the spotlight... It's like Kobe going to the Pistons, not going to happen. Bush is too "Hollywood" to come here. He wants to be on a Cali team, NY team, in Miami, in New Orleans, or on a contender, and I think he'd take less money to be in the spotlight.

February 26th, 2013, 5:35 pm
#1 Overall Pick

wjb21ndtown wrote:
rao wrote:
kdsberman wrote:

Bush wants to be in the spotlight... It's like Kobe going to the Pistons, not going to happen. Bush is too "Hollywood" to come here. He wants to be on a Cali team, NY team, in Miami, in New Orleans, or on a contender, and I think he'd take less money to be in the spotlight.

I don't disagree, but the spotlight has to want him also and I'm not so sure it does. He may not have many options with so many other tier 2 RBs like him in free agency.

February 26th, 2013, 5:45 pm
Team MVP

kdsberman wrote:
Boz wrote:

Sean Smith wants to break the bank. I don't think we could afford him. We should bring back Houston and as far as the Bush speculation, I hope we don't overspend on him. Running backs with speed are a dime a dozen. We can get a kid in the 5th round who can be the change of pace back and cost us much less than Reggie.

February 26th, 2013, 9:33 pm
inheritedlionsfan wrote:
kdsberman wrote:
Boz wrote:

Sean Smith wants to break the bank. I don't think we could afford him. We should bring back Houston and as far as the Bush speculation, I hope we don't overspend on him. Running backs with speed are a dime a dozen. We can get a kid in the 5th round who can be the change of pace back and cost us much less than Reggie.

Allegedly they're interested in Bush (I hate the idea, but it's a typical Lions FA pick up) and the price tag is around $5 million per year. IMO that's ridiculous.

February 26th, 2013, 9:35 pm
Reply to topic   [ 652 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 44  Next