View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 21st, 2014, 2:11 pm



Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Trade down 
Author Message
Walk On
User avatar

Joined: January 11th, 2006, 4:04 pm
Posts: 430
Post Trade down
We might have a trade partner, Buffalo is determine to get a franchise QB out this draft and rumors have it they're eyeing Geno Smith. With both Cleveland and Arizona standing in they're way, we would be the logical spot to trade up too. Especially with Chief's being out the running after trading for Alex Smith. We could fall to Buffalo's spot and pick up a couple extra picks and take Desmond Trufant or if we're lucky Milliner will fall to Buffalo's spot. Thoughts??

_________________
The REAL "Lion King" and father to Simba


February 27th, 2013, 2:10 pm
Profile
QB Coach

Joined: January 13th, 2006, 4:18 am
Posts: 3172
Location: Maryland
Post Re: Trade down
Go look at my mock draft in the wish list thread. This is the exact scenario I'd been advocating. Geno is almost a lock to fall to 5 unless the Eagles fall in love with him. Buffalo needs to leapfrog at least Arizona and possibly Cleveland so they'd have to come to us. We move to 8 get their 3rd and 4th and maybe a pick next year. At 8 I was looking at Warmack or Vaccaro, but if Milliner is there or one of the DE's they're also a possibility.


February 27th, 2013, 2:13 pm
Profile
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)
User avatar

Joined: August 24th, 2010, 9:54 pm
Posts: 2266
Post Re: Trade down
inheritedlionsfan wrote:
Go look at my mock draft in the wish list thread. This is the exact scenario I'd been advocating. Geno is almost a lock to fall to 5 unless the Eagles fall in love with him. Buffalo needs to leapfrog at least Arizona and possibly Cleveland so they'd have to come to us. We move to 8 get their 3rd and 4th and maybe a pick next year. At 8 I was looking at Warmack or Vaccaro, but if Milliner is there or one of the DE's they're also a possibility.


Cowboys gave up their second round pick to move up and get Claiborne at 6 last year. I would say discussions begin with a second.

_________________
Driver of the Jim Caldwell bandwagon. Climb aboard.


February 27th, 2013, 2:24 pm
Profile
Walk On
User avatar

Joined: January 11th, 2006, 4:04 pm
Posts: 430
Post Re: Trade down
inheritedlionsfan wrote:
Go look at my mock draft in the wish list thread. This is the exact scenario I'd been advocating. Geno is almost a lock to fall to 5 unless the Eagles fall in love with him. Buffalo needs to leapfrog at least Arizona and possibly Cleveland so they'd have to come to us. We move to 8 get their 3rd and 4th and maybe a pick next year. At 8 I was looking at Warmack or Vaccaro, but if Milliner is there or one of the DE's they're also a possibility.


Well nice post, I'll have to treasure hunt more next time.

_________________
The REAL "Lion King" and father to Simba


February 27th, 2013, 2:25 pm
Profile
QB Coach

Joined: January 13th, 2006, 4:18 am
Posts: 3172
Location: Maryland
Post Re: Trade down
Wasn't trying to call you out, just saying I agree with this scenario.


February 27th, 2013, 2:31 pm
Profile
Post Re: Trade down
In this draft and for this team a 3rd and 4th may be better than a 2nd.

There is a very good crop of tier 2 CBs, WRs, RBs, and even DEs. Not great talent at the top of the board outside of 3-4 players, but great depth throughout.


February 27th, 2013, 2:41 pm
Walk On
User avatar

Joined: January 11th, 2006, 4:04 pm
Posts: 430
Post Re: Trade down
inheritedlionsfan wrote:
Wasn't trying to call you out, just saying I agree with this scenario.


My bad, I got u. Lane Johnson could fit that scenario maybe.

_________________
The REAL "Lion King" and father to Simba


February 27th, 2013, 2:48 pm
Profile
Online
Team MVP
User avatar

Joined: February 20th, 2007, 10:51 pm
Posts: 3324
Location: Saginaw, MI
Post Re: Trade down
Kenny Vacarro

_________________
April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.


Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011


February 27th, 2013, 3:29 pm
Profile
NFL Veteran

Joined: November 28th, 2007, 12:50 pm
Posts: 1348
Location: Newport Beach, Ca
Post Re: Trade down
wjb21ndtown wrote:
In this draft and for this team a 3rd and 4th may be better than a 2nd.

There is a very good crop of tier 2 CBs, WRs, RBs, and even DEs. Not great talent at the top of the board outside of 3-4 players, but great depth throughout.


I'd take the 2nd, you could always turn that into a 3rd and a 4th if there isn't anything you like in the 2nd.


February 27th, 2013, 4:16 pm
Profile
Butkus Award Winner

Joined: July 3rd, 2012, 2:06 am
Posts: 649
Post Re: Trade down
This draft seriously sucks. There are maybe 2 TOP-TIER players, and both are offensive tackles. Maybe throw Sharrif Floyd in that category.

About trading down, I don't love the idea. If we trade with Buffalo, we won't get Fisher because they'll take Geno Smith, and Arizona will take Fisher instantly with the chance to. I'd rather have Zona get paranoid and feel like Cleveland will take Geno, then trade down 2 spots for a 3rd and still get Fisher since Cleveland already has 2 good tackles.

The only way I'd be comfortable with trading out of Fisher's range is if we got a 2nd and 3rd.

_________________
Image


February 27th, 2013, 4:36 pm
Profile
Online
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: August 6th, 2004, 9:21 am
Posts: 9389
Location: Dallas
Post Re: Trade down
rao wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
In this draft and for this team a 3rd and 4th may be better than a 2nd.

There is a very good crop of tier 2 CBs, WRs, RBs, and even DEs. Not great talent at the top of the board outside of 3-4 players, but great depth throughout.


I'd take the 2nd, you could always turn that into a 3rd and a 4th if there isn't anything you like in the 2nd.


This is the Lions, Mayhew will use that 2nd to move back up into the end of the 1st and it will cost us a 4th rounder!

_________________
Image
LB Tweet


February 27th, 2013, 4:37 pm
Profile WWW
Online
Team MVP
User avatar

Joined: February 20th, 2007, 10:51 pm
Posts: 3324
Location: Saginaw, MI
Post Re: Trade down
Shotty wrote:
This draft seriously sucks. There are maybe 2 TOP-TIER players, and both are offensive tackles. Maybe throw Sharrif Floyd in that category.

About trading down, I don't love the idea. If we trade with Buffalo, we won't get Fisher because they'll take Geno Smith, and Arizona will take Fisher instantly with the chance to. I'd rather have Zona get paranoid and feel like Cleveland will take Geno, then trade down 2 spots for a 3rd and still get Fisher since Cleveland already has 2 good tackles.

The only way I'd be comfortable with trading out of Fisher's range is if we got a 2nd and 3rd.


Fisher won't last past Philly.

_________________
April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.


Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011


February 27th, 2013, 5:08 pm
Profile
NFL Veteran

Joined: November 28th, 2007, 12:50 pm
Posts: 1348
Location: Newport Beach, Ca
Post Re: Trade down
Pablo wrote:
rao wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
In this draft and for this team a 3rd and 4th may be better than a 2nd.

There is a very good crop of tier 2 CBs, WRs, RBs, and even DEs. Not great talent at the top of the board outside of 3-4 players, but great depth throughout.


I'd take the 2nd, you could always turn that into a 3rd and a 4th if there isn't anything you like in the 2nd.


This is the Lions, Mayhew will use that 2nd to move back up into the end of the 1st and it will cost us a 4th rounder!


Haha, your probably right.

I was thinking to rationally, I apologize.


February 27th, 2013, 5:09 pm
Profile
Butkus Award Winner

Joined: July 3rd, 2012, 2:06 am
Posts: 649
Post Re: Trade down
kdsberman wrote:
Shotty wrote:
This draft seriously sucks. There are maybe 2 TOP-TIER players, and both are offensive tackles. Maybe throw Sharrif Floyd in that category.

About trading down, I don't love the idea. If we trade with Buffalo, we won't get Fisher because they'll take Geno Smith, and Arizona will take Fisher instantly with the chance to. I'd rather have Zona get paranoid and feel like Cleveland will take Geno, then trade down 2 spots for a 3rd and still get Fisher since Cleveland already has 2 good tackles.

The only way I'd be comfortable with trading out of Fisher's range is if we got a 2nd and 3rd.


Fisher won't last past Philly.


I still don't get why people keep projecting Philly to take Joeckel/Fisher.

Peters was the best LT before his injury. At the very worst he'll be above average, and their RT, Hermaness or something like that, he's nearly a Pro-Bowl caliber tackle. I think they go for a 3-4 DE/DT like Star or Shariff Floyd, Dee Milliner, or Jarvis Jones to get a rush LB for their new 3-4 front.

_________________
Image


February 27th, 2013, 5:14 pm
Profile
Online
Team MVP
User avatar

Joined: February 20th, 2007, 10:51 pm
Posts: 3324
Location: Saginaw, MI
Post Re: Trade down
Shotty wrote:
kdsberman wrote:
Shotty wrote:
This draft seriously sucks. There are maybe 2 TOP-TIER players, and both are offensive tackles. Maybe throw Sharrif Floyd in that category.

About trading down, I don't love the idea. If we trade with Buffalo, we won't get Fisher because they'll take Geno Smith, and Arizona will take Fisher instantly with the chance to. I'd rather have Zona get paranoid and feel like Cleveland will take Geno, then trade down 2 spots for a 3rd and still get Fisher since Cleveland already has 2 good tackles.

The only way I'd be comfortable with trading out of Fisher's range is if we got a 2nd and 3rd.


Fisher won't last past Philly.


I still don't get why people keep projecting Philly to take Joeckel/Fisher.

Peters was the best LT before his injury. At the very worst he'll be above average, and their RT, Hermaness or something like that, he's nearly a Pro-Bowl caliber tackle. I think they go for a 3-4 DE/DT like Star or Shariff Floyd, Dee Milliner, or Jarvis Jones to get a rush LB for their new 3-4 front.

That's a BIG if when referring to peters potential return, especially considering the importance of a left tackle in chip Kelly's offense. I agree they need some new faces for their 3-4 and some corners, but when u have a chance at taking a left tackle, a true left tackle, u have to take him when u have that position as a need.

_________________
April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.


Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011


February 27th, 2013, 5:19 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.