View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 21st, 2014, 2:11 pm

Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Trade down 
Walk On

Post Trade down
We might have a trade partner, Buffalo is determine to get a franchise QB out this draft and rumors have it they're eyeing Geno Smith. With both Cleveland and Arizona standing in they're way, we would be the logical spot to trade up too. Especially with Chief's being out the running after trading for Alex Smith. We could fall to Buffalo's spot and pick up a couple extra picks and take Desmond Trufant or if we're lucky Milliner will fall to Buffalo's spot. Thoughts??

February 27th, 2013, 2:10 pm
QB Coach

Post Re: Trade down
Go look at my mock draft in the wish list thread. This is the exact scenario I'd been advocating. Geno is almost a lock to fall to 5 unless the Eagles fall in love with him. Buffalo needs to leapfrog at least Arizona and possibly Cleveland so they'd have to come to us. We move to 8 get their 3rd and 4th and maybe a pick next year. At 8 I was looking at Warmack or Vaccaro, but if Milliner is there or one of the DE's they're also a possibility.

February 27th, 2013, 2:13 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

inheritedlionsfan wrote:
Go look at my mock draft in the wish list thread. This is the exact scenario I'd been advocating. Geno is almost a lock to fall to 5 unless the Eagles fall in love with him. Buffalo needs to leapfrog at least Arizona and possibly Cleveland so they'd have to come to us. We move to 8 get their 3rd and 4th and maybe a pick next year. At 8 I was looking at Warmack or Vaccaro, but if Milliner is there or one of the DE's they're also a possibility.

Cowboys gave up their second round pick to move up and get Claiborne at 6 last year. I would say discussions begin with a second.

February 27th, 2013, 2:24 pm
Walk On

inheritedlionsfan wrote:

Well nice post, I'll have to treasure hunt more next time.

February 27th, 2013, 2:25 pm
QB Coach

Wasn't trying to call you out, just saying I agree with this scenario.

February 27th, 2013, 2:31 pm
In this draft and for this team a 3rd and 4th may be better than a 2nd.

There is a very good crop of tier 2 CBs, WRs, RBs, and even DEs. Not great talent at the top of the board outside of 3-4 players, but great depth throughout.

February 27th, 2013, 2:41 pm
Walk On

inheritedlionsfan wrote:
Wasn't trying to call you out, just saying I agree with this scenario.

My bad, I got u. Lane Johnson could fit that scenario maybe.

February 27th, 2013, 2:48 pm
Team MVP

Kenny Vacarro

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

February 27th, 2013, 3:29 pm
NFL Veteran

wjb21ndtown wrote:

There is a very good crop of tier 2 CBs, WRs, RBs, and even DEs. Not great talent at the top of the board outside of 3-4 players, but great depth throughout.

I'd take the 2nd, you could always turn that into a 3rd and a 4th if there isn't anything you like in the 2nd.

February 27th, 2013, 4:16 pm
Butkus Award Winner

This draft seriously sucks. There are maybe 2 TOP-TIER players, and both are offensive tackles. Maybe throw Sharrif Floyd in that category.

About trading down, I don't love the idea. If we trade with Buffalo, we won't get Fisher because they'll take Geno Smith, and Arizona will take Fisher instantly with the chance to. I'd rather have Zona get paranoid and feel like Cleveland will take Geno, then trade down 2 spots for a 3rd and still get Fisher since Cleveland already has 2 good tackles.

The only way I'd be comfortable with trading out of Fisher's range is if we got a 2nd and 3rd.

February 27th, 2013, 4:36 pm
RIP Killer

rao wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:

I'd take the 2nd, you could always turn that into a 3rd and a 4th if there isn't anything you like in the 2nd.

This is the Lions, Mayhew will use that 2nd to move back up into the end of the 1st and it will cost us a 4th rounder!

February 27th, 2013, 4:37 pm
Profile WWW
Team MVP

Shotty wrote:
This draft seriously sucks. There are maybe 2 TOP-TIER players, and both are offensive tackles. Maybe throw Sharrif Floyd in that category.

About trading down, I don't love the idea. If we trade with Buffalo, we won't get Fisher because they'll take Geno Smith, and Arizona will take Fisher instantly with the chance to. I'd rather have Zona get paranoid and feel like Cleveland will take Geno, then trade down 2 spots for a 3rd and still get Fisher since Cleveland already has 2 good tackles.

The only way I'd be comfortable with trading out of Fisher's range is if we got a 2nd and 3rd.

Fisher won't last past Philly.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

February 27th, 2013, 5:08 pm
NFL Veteran

Pablo wrote:
rao wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:

This is the Lions, Mayhew will use that 2nd to move back up into the end of the 1st and it will cost us a 4th rounder!

Haha, your probably right.

I was thinking to rationally, I apologize.

February 27th, 2013, 5:09 pm
Butkus Award Winner

kdsberman wrote:
Shotty wrote:

I still don't get why people keep projecting Philly to take Joeckel/Fisher.

Peters was the best LT before his injury. At the very worst he'll be above average, and their RT, Hermaness or something like that, he's nearly a Pro-Bowl caliber tackle. I think they go for a 3-4 DE/DT like Star or Shariff Floyd, Dee Milliner, or Jarvis Jones to get a rush LB for their new 3-4 front.

February 27th, 2013, 5:14 pm
Team MVP

Shotty wrote:
kdsberman wrote:
Shotty wrote:

I still don't get why people keep projecting Philly to take Joeckel/Fisher.

Peters was the best LT before his injury. At the very worst he'll be above average, and their RT, Hermaness or something like that, he's nearly a Pro-Bowl caliber tackle. I think they go for a 3-4 DE/DT like Star or Shariff Floyd, Dee Milliner, or Jarvis Jones to get a rush LB for their new 3-4 front.

That's a BIG if when referring to peters potential return, especially considering the importance of a left tackle in chip Kelly's offense. I agree they need some new faces for their 3-4 and some corners, but when u have a chance at taking a left tackle, a true left tackle, u have to take him when u have that position as a need.

February 27th, 2013, 5:19 pm
Reply to topic   [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next