View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 24th, 2014, 10:19 am

Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 2013 Lions Draft Wish List 
Team MVP

Post Re: 2013 Lions Draft Wish List
BillySims wrote:
kdsberman wrote:
BillySims wrote:
Pablo wrote:
I didn't say I see them as similar players, I have them rated them to go about the same area of the draft. Reiff had a lot more tape than Johnson.

As far as a player, I think he compares to another Central player - Joe Staley who had similar size and ran a 7.78 and had 27 reps. Staley also started as a TE and added to his frame to become an OT. He went 28th overall.

Johnson looks much more like a LT than Reiff, I just don't see him as a top ten pick.

He might just go #1 overall.

You really think Lane Jonson will go #1 overall??

It's very possible. I am not saying that he will go #1. Just that it's possible. He is a physical freak of nature. He is 6'5" 300 LBS that can leap 34" straight up. That is nearly 3 feet! I don't know where wjb got his measurables from, but, I think the length of his arms is wrong. wjb's stats say 34" arm length. But, he was on Sirius/XM NFL Radio and they were saying that his arms are 35.5". That is one of the longest arm lengths ever for a LT. He is one of the fastest LT's ever. He has the speed and athleticism to deflect the DE and proceed down field to throw some more blocks. He has the strength to pancake DE's on a regular basis. He was a DE, so he knows how a DE is going to attack him.
His measurables just go on and on. His only knock is that he has only played LT for just over 1 season. To which I say, SO WHAT!

I wouldnt say "So what" when we're talking about the 5th overall selection and in a situation where the Lions MUST hit on.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

March 1st, 2013, 11:26 am
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

kdsberman wrote:
BillySims wrote:
kdsberman wrote:
BillySims wrote:
Pablo wrote:
I didn't say I see them as similar players, I have them rated them to go about the same area of the draft. Reiff had a lot more tape than Johnson.

As far as a player, I think he compares to another Central player - Joe Staley who had similar size and ran a 7.78 and had 27 reps. Staley also started as a TE and added to his frame to become an OT. He went 28th overall.

Johnson looks much more like a LT than Reiff, I just don't see him as a top ten pick.

He might just go #1 overall.

You really think Lane Jonson will go #1 overall??

It's very possible. I am not saying that he will go #1. Just that it's possible. He is a physical freak of nature. He is 6'5" 300 LBS that can leap 34" straight up. That is nearly 3 feet! I don't know where wjb got his measurables from, but, I think the length of his arms is wrong. wjb's stats say 34" arm length. But, he was on Sirius/XM NFL Radio and they were saying that his arms are 35.5". That is one of the longest arm lengths ever for a LT. He is one of the fastest LT's ever. He has the speed and athleticism to deflect the DE and proceed down field to throw some more blocks. He has the strength to pancake DE's on a regular basis. He was a DE, so he knows how a DE is going to attack him.
His measurables just go on and on. His only knock is that he has only played LT for just over 1 season. To which I say, SO WHAT!

I wouldnt say "So what" when we're talking about the 5th overall selection and in a situation where the Lions MUST hit on.

This. He Reminds me of Trent Williams, who is amazing, but he still holds more bust potential than Joeckel/Fisher.

March 1st, 2013, 11:43 am
Hall of Fame Player

Terron Armstead, OT, Arkansas-Pine Bluff

He is considered the 4th best LT ( DJ Fluker is a RT).

This kids measurables are right up there near Lane Johnson's.

Height: 6'4 3/8 Weight: 306 Arm Length:34 Hand Length: 9 1/4
40Yard: 4.71 10yard: 1.64 REPS:31 Vertical:34.5 Shuttle:4.72 Cone:7.62 Broad Jump:9'4

Not a 1st round target. But, if we either pass on a LT or they are gone in the 1st round, he will be there for us in the 2nd round. He went to Pine Bluff because the clearing house for division 1 qualifying screwed up and declared him academically inellgable (SP?). Anyhow, after he had enrolled at Pine Bluff they realized they screwed up. But, He decided to stay at Pine Bluff.

March 6th, 2013, 10:12 am
Reply to topic   [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9