View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 16th, 2014, 12:31 am

Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Crap! Chiefs traded for Alex Smith 
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Post Crap! Chiefs traded for Alex Smith
Well, there goes our hope of them drafting Geno.

Apparently the 9ers got the second round pick this year and a conditional 2014 pick for him.

February 27th, 2013, 1:37 pm
QB Coach

Post Re: Crap! Chiefs traded for Alex Smith
They over paid for him. I think a third this year and a conditional next year should have done it.

February 27th, 2013, 1:42 pm
RIP Killer

inheritedlionsfan wrote:
They over paid for him. I think a third this year and a conditional next year should have done it.

Perhaps, but a weak QB draft and FA class drives up the price at that position.

FYI - I don't think the Chiefs ever had any intention of drafting a QB with the first pick. It will also be interesting to see who picks up Cassel at this point.

February 27th, 2013, 2:02 pm
Profile WWW
QB Coach

True I guess, but Smith has had much more failure than success in this league and at best he's a game manager QB. The Chiefs will likely add Joeckel at #1 but with all the needs they had, pick 34 is a lot to give up. If they lose Bowe, Smith won't have anybody to throw to unless Baldwin steps up. I guess they do have a lot of cap space and I'm a huge Charles fan.

February 27th, 2013, 2:16 pm
Pablo wrote:
inheritedlionsfan wrote:

FYI - I don't think the Chiefs ever had any intention of drafting a QB with the first pick. It will also be interesting to see who picks up Cassel at this point.

I agree. IMO it was either defense or LT #1 overall. No one seems to be guessing Qb in the top 5 this year. Some were thinking Phili before they re-did Vicks deal.

February 27th, 2013, 2:32 pm
1st Round Pick

inheritedlionsfan wrote:
True I guess, but Smith has had much more failure than success in this league and at best he's a game manager QB. The Chiefs will likely add Joeckel at #1 but with all the needs they had, pick 34 is a lot to give up. If they lose Bowe, Smith won't have anybody to throw to unless Baldwin steps up. I guess they do have a lot of cap space and I'm a huge Charles fan.

With Joeckel they can let Albert walk and pay Bowe no problem. This year teams have to use 90% of their available cap space, so they need to spend the money anyways.

February 27th, 2013, 5:37 pm
1st Round Pick

wjb21ndtown wrote:
Pablo wrote:
inheritedlionsfan wrote:

I agree. IMO it was either defense or LT #1 overall. No one seems to be guessing Qb in the top 5 this year. Some were thinking Phili before they re-did Vicks deal.

You never know with the Jags and Raiders in the top 3 anything can happen.

February 27th, 2013, 5:38 pm
rao wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
Pablo wrote:
inheritedlionsfan wrote:

The problem is, it doesn't really matter what the Jags and Raiders do. Even if one takes a Qb it's KC and Phili that we're worried about.

February 27th, 2013, 5:40 pm
1st Round Pick

wjb21ndtown wrote:
rao wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
Pablo wrote:
inheritedlionsfan wrote:

The problem is, it doesn't really matter what the Jags and Raiders do. Even if one takes a Qb it's KC and Phili that we're worried about.

Oh sorry, I was just referring to the QB going in the top 5. I don't think what those two do really matters to the Lions.

February 27th, 2013, 5:53 pm
Veteran General Manager

Pat Kirwan thinks that with his Senior Bowl performance added to his Combines performance, Lane Johnson has moved ahead of Joekell and Fisher.

Also, Philly redid Vicks deal such that it is only a 1 year contract. That tells me that they are very much in the hunt for their next franchise QB. They can sit him for a year. Now, I don't know if that means they will use their 1st round pick on a QB. But, if Geno is there for them, I think they would have to give it serious consideration.

I have also heard that the Raiders are seriously considering Geno and Barkley. If the Raiders surprise everyone and take a QB, it pushes someone down the line. But, there is no denying that the Raiders need to consider a QB here.

February 27th, 2013, 10:23 pm
1st Round Pick

BillySims wrote:
Pat Kirwan thinks that with his Senior Bowl performance added to his Combines performance, Lane Johnson has moved ahead of Joekell and Fisher.

Also, Philly redid Vicks deal such that it is only a 1 year contract. That tells me that they are very much in the hunt for their next franchise QB. They can sit him for a year. Now, I don't know if that means they will use their 1st round pick on a QB. But, if Geno is there for them, I think they would have to give it serious consideration.

I have also heard that the Raiders are seriously considering Geno and Barkley. If the Raiders surprise everyone and take a QB, it pushes someone down the line. But, there is no denying that the Raiders need to consider a QB here.

I would say it has to be Barkley or they wont be able to keep their run on USC QBs.

February 28th, 2013, 10:55 am

KC just tagged Brandon Albert, I hope it means what I think it means....hello Luke (or Foster)!

March 4th, 2013, 5:31 pm
RIP Killer

DayDreamer wrote:
KC just tagged Brandon Albert, I hope it means what I think it means....hello Luke (or Foster)!

I think it depends on if they think they can sign Albert to a long term deal. If not, they just have him on a one-year deal and he can serve as a mentor for his eventual replacement. If they stay put at #1 and aren't looking OT, I've gotta think they will go DL now unless they really like Dee Milliner.

March 4th, 2013, 5:45 pm
Profile WWW
Pablo wrote:
DayDreamer wrote:

I think it depends on if they think they can sign Albert to a long term deal. If not, they just have him on a one-year deal and he can serve as a mentor for his eventual replacement. If they stay put at #1 and aren't looking OT, I've gotta think they will go DL now unless they really like Dee Milliner.

This is awesome news! I think this more or less guarantees that Fisher or Joeckel will be there. I can't see KC spending a #1 overall pick on a LT with a franchised LT on the roster.

Maybe they pull the tag before the draft and cut Albert, maybe they'll try to move Albert to a team that can sign him long-term, or maybe they see Alex Smith as a stop-gap/backup Qb and they're going to go with Barkley or Smith at #1 overall?

I think there's more chance that they draft a Qb to mentor behind Alex Smith, than drafting an LT to mentor behind Brandon Albert.

Now... here's the disaster scenario... Eric Fisher is sitting there and the Lions draft Millner or Ansah.

March 4th, 2013, 5:51 pm

If Mahew doesn't take Foster, we can be sure something is seriously wrong. Remember Mahew was one of the few GMs who personally scouted Foster, so unless there are some red flags we missed and he noticed, there can't be any other reason. This FO has always been saying BPA, so I'd have to think they'll go with Foster if he falls to them.

March 4th, 2013, 6:06 pm
Reply to topic   [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next