View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 22nd, 2014, 7:29 pm



Reply to topic  [ 652 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 44  Next
 Off-Season Moves 
Author Message
Hall of Fame Player
User avatar

Joined: May 7th, 2005, 3:25 pm
Posts: 7555
Location: Earth/Sagittarius Dwarf Galaxy
Post Re: Off-Season Moves
I just seen this on another board. I can't endorse the source. It was just another poster. But, if true, we should keep our eyes on this guy.

Quote:
During the pre-draft process, the Lions brought in 6'3" 272 lb DE William Hayes for a visit. Hayes was drafted in Rd 4 of the 2008 draft by the Tennessee Titans, whose then defensive coordinator was current Lions head coach Jim Schwartz.

After posting 7 sacks last season with the Rams in a part-time role, Hayes might just be the type of "under the radar" FA signing that the Lions need to help shore up the DE position. With the chance to compete for a starting position, I would think Hayes interest would be mutual.


Edited to add:

Quote:
Rotoword reports:
"Rams beat writer Nick Wagoner believes re-signing DE William Hayes is a "must."
Hayes is scheduled to be an unrestricted free agent this offseason. The soon-to-be 28-year-old enjoyed a career year with the Rams after coming over from the Titans prior to the season. He registered 35 tackles and set a new career-best with seven sacks while working in behind starters Robert Quinn and Chris Long. Pro Football Focus graded Hayes out as the ninth-best run-stopping 4-3 defensive end, too."
www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4872/william-hayes


March 6th, 2013, 10:23 am
Profile
Hall of Fame Player
User avatar

Joined: May 7th, 2005, 3:25 pm
Posts: 7555
Location: Earth/Sagittarius Dwarf Galaxy
Post Re: Off-Season Moves
Quote:
Tyrann Mathieu ‏ @ Mathieu_Era

DETROIT !!! I'll be there tomorrow!! How cold is it ? Lol



Today is the tomorrow mentioned.


March 6th, 2013, 10:29 am
Profile
Heisman Winner
User avatar

Joined: December 18th, 2008, 9:18 am
Posts: 779
Location: Where I lay my head is home
Post Re: Off-Season Moves
BillySims wrote:
Quote:
Tyrann Mathieu ‏ @ Mathieu_Era

DETROIT !!! I'll be there tomorrow!! How cold is it ? Lol



Today is the tomorrow mentioned.


I like him, he was great at the combine. But his only concern is his MJ addiction, and we already have a couple of those on roster, if he can keep that under control, I'm sure he'll be a good DB for us.


March 6th, 2013, 11:09 am
Profile
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)
User avatar

Joined: October 30th, 2004, 12:30 pm
Posts: 2205
Location: Austin, TX
Post Re: Off-Season Moves
Pablo wrote:
freep wrote:
Lions sign punter Blake Clingan after workout

Blake Clingan got lost in the shuffle of the NFL lockout after his senior season at Central Florida, but the big-footed punter made the most of his tryout with the Detroit Lions today

The Lions signed Clingan after a workout for specialists at their Allen Park practice facility.

Clingan hasn’t punted since 2010, when he averaged 41.8 yards per punt at UCF. He was one of about a half-dozen punters who took part in the workout, which also included kickers and long snappers.

The Lions tied for 30th in the NFL in net punting average last year, and special teams have been a sore spot for most of the past two seasons.

They used six different punters over the last two years, including kicker Jason Hanson as a fill in. Nick Harris, who finished last season with the team, is an unrestricted free agent and not expected back.

Hanson still hasn’t decided whether he’ll return for a 22nd NFL season, and long snapper Don Muhlbach, a Pro Bowler last year, is a 31-year-old free agent.

Lions coach Jim Schwartz said last month he wasn’t opposed to using a draft pick on a punter "if he's good." The Lions met with several candidates at the NFL combine, including Ball State’s Scott Kovanda (Novi Detroit Catholic Central), Arizona State’s Josh Hubner and LSU’s Brad Wing.


http://www.freep.com/article/20130305/S ... nav%7Chead


I read on PrideofDetroit.com that Clingan kept hitting the roof of the training facility during his workout. Sounds like he'll have good hang time if that is any indicator.

_________________
Image

NEVER GIVE UP!


March 6th, 2013, 12:00 pm
Profile
Post Re: Off-Season Moves
DayDreamer wrote:
BillySims wrote:
Quote:
Tyrann Mathieu ‏ @ Mathieu_Era

DETROIT !!! I'll be there tomorrow!! How cold is it ? Lol



Today is the tomorrow mentioned.


I like him, he was great at the combine. But his only concern is his MJ addiction, and we already have a couple of those on roster, if he can keep that under control, I'm sure he'll be a good DB for us.


Who cares what his music preferences are...


March 6th, 2013, 12:59 pm
Heisman Winner
User avatar

Joined: December 18th, 2008, 9:18 am
Posts: 779
Location: Where I lay my head is home
Post Re: Off-Season Moves
wjb21ndtown wrote:
DayDreamer wrote:
BillySims wrote:
Quote:
Tyrann Mathieu ‏ @ Mathieu_Era

DETROIT !!! I'll be there tomorrow!! How cold is it ? Lol



Today is the tomorrow mentioned.


I like him, he was great at the combine. But his only concern is his MJ addiction, and we already have a couple of those on roster, if he can keep that under control, I'm sure he'll be a good DB for us.


Who cares what his music preferences are...


Wasn't talking about that MJ, and no, not about Spiderman's girlfriend either.


March 6th, 2013, 1:06 pm
Profile
Online
ST Coordinator – John Bonamego
User avatar

Joined: March 30th, 2006, 12:48 am
Posts: 3913
Location: Davison Mi
Post Re: Off-Season Moves
wjb21ndtown wrote:
DayDreamer wrote:
BillySims wrote:
Quote:
Tyrann Mathieu ‏ @ Mathieu_Era

DETROIT !!! I'll be there tomorrow!! How cold is it ? Lol



Today is the tomorrow mentioned.


I like him, he was great at the combine. But his only concern is his MJ addiction, and we already have a couple of those on roster, if he can keep that under control, I'm sure he'll be a good DB for us.


Who cares what his music preferences are...


HA! lol

_________________
2013 Lionbacker Fantasy Football Champion


March 6th, 2013, 1:43 pm
Profile
Rookie Player of the Year
User avatar

Joined: August 24th, 2010, 9:54 pm
Posts: 2378
Post Re: Off-Season Moves
Levy signed to multi-year deal.

_________________
"There were a couple times where I was just like, 'Is that legal?" Warford said. "Cause he was getting laid out. I was like, 'Someone might call the cops. This is not fair.'"


March 6th, 2013, 2:13 pm
Profile
Online
ST Coordinator – John Bonamego
User avatar

Joined: March 30th, 2006, 12:48 am
Posts: 3913
Location: Davison Mi
Post Re: Off-Season Moves
thelomasbrowns wrote:
Levy signed to multi-year deal.



So long as he keeps improving I'm pretty happy with that resigning. kid has to be cheap still.

_________________
2013 Lionbacker Fantasy Football Champion


March 6th, 2013, 2:21 pm
Profile
Team MVP

Joined: January 13th, 2006, 4:18 am
Posts: 3281
Location: Maryland
Post Re: Off-Season Moves
thelomasbrowns wrote:
Levy signed to multi-year deal.


I was hoping this post wasn't true. He's not who I wanted back. I'll wait to judge until I see the details of the deal, but I'd rather have had Durant and one of the guys from last season starting, or a draft pick this year.

Now we need to get Houston and Delmas signed.


March 6th, 2013, 2:25 pm
Profile
Post Re: Off-Season Moves
inheritedlionsfan wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:
Levy signed to multi-year deal.


I was hoping this post wasn't true. He's not who I wanted back. I'll wait to judge until I see the details of the deal, but I'd rather have had Durant and one of the guys from last season starting, or a draft pick this year.

Now we need to get Houston and Delmas signed.


I agree... I hope this doesn't mean that we're going to let Durant walk, or replace him with someone not as good. Durant was definitely the more talented of the two. If we don't bring back Durant or someone as talented as Durant, we'll be seeing the first casualty in loss of talent from our poor salary cap situation.


March 6th, 2013, 2:27 pm
Rookie Player of the Year
User avatar

Joined: August 24th, 2010, 9:54 pm
Posts: 2378
Post Re: Off-Season Moves
wjb21ndtown wrote:
inheritedlionsfan wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:
Levy signed to multi-year deal.


I was hoping this post wasn't true. He's not who I wanted back. I'll wait to judge until I see the details of the deal, but I'd rather have had Durant and one of the guys from last season starting, or a draft pick this year.

Now we need to get Houston and Delmas signed.


I agree... I hope this doesn't mean that we're going to let Durant walk, or replace him with someone not as good. Durant was definitely the more talented of the two. If we don't bring back Durant or someone as talented as Durant, we'll be seeing the first casualty in loss of talent from our poor salary cap situation.


I like Durant better as well, but it bears mentioning that the good deal we got on him probably had a lot to do with signing him during the post-lockout craziness. I think in a normal market he's going to command more than we can pay.

_________________
"There were a couple times where I was just like, 'Is that legal?" Warford said. "Cause he was getting laid out. I was like, 'Someone might call the cops. This is not fair.'"


March 6th, 2013, 2:52 pm
Profile
Heisman Winner
User avatar

Joined: December 18th, 2008, 9:18 am
Posts: 779
Location: Where I lay my head is home
Post Re: Off-Season Moves
thelomasbrowns wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
inheritedlionsfan wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:
Levy signed to multi-year deal.


I was hoping this post wasn't true. He's not who I wanted back. I'll wait to judge until I see the details of the deal, but I'd rather have had Durant and one of the guys from last season starting, or a draft pick this year.

Now we need to get Houston and Delmas signed.


I agree... I hope this doesn't mean that we're going to let Durant walk, or replace him with someone not as good. Durant was definitely the more talented of the two. If we don't bring back Durant or someone as talented as Durant, we'll be seeing the first casualty in loss of talent from our poor salary cap situation.


I like Durant better as well, but it bears mentioning that the good deal we got on him probably had a lot to do with signing him during the post-lockout craziness. I think in a normal market he's going to command more than we can pay.


I agree, Durant might be out of reach for us now, I'd look for a decent backup in FA and hope one of last year's picks is good enough to start.


March 6th, 2013, 3:16 pm
Profile
Post Re: Off-Season Moves
thelomasbrowns wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
inheritedlionsfan wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:
Levy signed to multi-year deal.


I was hoping this post wasn't true. He's not who I wanted back. I'll wait to judge until I see the details of the deal, but I'd rather have had Durant and one of the guys from last season starting, or a draft pick this year.

Now we need to get Houston and Delmas signed.


I agree... I hope this doesn't mean that we're going to let Durant walk, or replace him with someone not as good. Durant was definitely the more talented of the two. If we don't bring back Durant or someone as talented as Durant, we'll be seeing the first casualty in loss of talent from our poor salary cap situation.


I like Durant better as well, but it bears mentioning that the good deal we got on him probably had a lot to do with signing him during the post-lockout craziness. I think in a normal market he's going to command more than we can pay.


If Durant signs for more than $4.5, I'll agree with you. I'm curious to see the numbers on Levy. I'm hoping they're around $2.5 per year.


March 6th, 2013, 3:27 pm
Team MVP
User avatar

Joined: February 20th, 2007, 10:51 pm
Posts: 3397
Location: Saginaw, MI
Post Re: Off-Season Moves
Well, at least the clears up ONE hole. (or does it)

_________________
April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.


Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011


March 6th, 2013, 5:56 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 652 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 44  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: DJ-B, jrd66, regularjoe12 and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.