View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 21st, 2014, 12:33 am

Reply to topic  [ 255 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next
 Free Agency splash 
Walk On

Post Free Agency splash
As the free agency deadline approaches, who do you want to visit Detroit and who DON'T you want to leave once the plane touch down? My vote Reggie Bush.

Last edited by Mufasa on March 6th, 2013, 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

March 6th, 2013, 1:34 pm
Post Re: Free Agency splash
Mufasa wrote:
As the free agency deadline approaches, who do you want to visit Detroit and who don't you want to leave once the plane touch down? My vote Reggie Bush.

I'm with ya... By the time the team gets good Bush will be done... I see no reason for this signing, other than an appeal to ignorant fans that like big names to sell tickets.

You can argue that the NFL is a business and selling tickets is the name of the game, but at the end of the day wins and long-term stability is the smartest business decision for this team.

No thanks Reggie!

March 6th, 2013, 1:37 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

wjb21ndtown wrote:
Mufasa wrote:
As the free agency deadline approaches, who do you want to visit Detroit and who don't you want to leave once the plane touch down? My vote Reggie Bush.

I'm with ya... By the time the team gets good Bush will be done... I see no reason for this signing, other than an appeal to ignorant fans that like big names to sell tickets.

You can argue that the NFL is a business and selling tickets is the name of the game, but at the end of the day wins and long-term stability is the smartest business decision for this team.

No thanks Reggie!

Depending on his price tag I dont have an issue with Reggie. He flat out carried Miami last year with a broken Long on one side and a questionable line aside from him. His injury history is a concern, but when he's healthy the kid can flat out play....and has since his playoff run in N.O.

March 6th, 2013, 1:42 pm
RIP Killer

wjb21ndtown wrote:
Mufasa wrote:

No thanks Reggie!

ha ha, I love how WJB agrees with you yet is saying the exact opposite. Vulcan mind trick?

March 6th, 2013, 2:57 pm
Profile WWW
Pablo wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
Mufasa wrote:

No thanks Reggie!

ha ha, I love how WJB agrees with you yet is saying the exact opposite. Vulcan mind trick?

Ha... :twisted:

I actually read his post wrong... I thought it said "who do you want to leave once the plane touches down..."

March 6th, 2013, 3:26 pm
Team MVP

You can get a Reggie Bush type back in the draft, and for MUCH cheaper. No to Reggie.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

March 6th, 2013, 5:58 pm
Walk On

kdsberman wrote:
You can get a Reggie Bush type back in the draft, and for MUCH cheaper. No to Reggie.

I'll make a Reggie Bush thread, let's stick to the original question. Not what I would like. I'm gonna assume know one wants to sign any Free agents and we're okay with our immediate 4-12 team, because I'm just getting judgements on my free agent choice, which is my choice that's all.

March 6th, 2013, 6:36 pm
My (realistic) dream FA list: (in no order, I want them all just about equally, and I'm high on all three/four)

Hixon
Porter
Abraham/Freeney (one of the two)

Lock up these guys and we have a shot at least being respectable next season.

Screw Reggie Bush. Cheaper replacement in the draft, and we have decent RBs right now.

March 6th, 2013, 6:40 pm
Heisman Winner

Keeping up with the spirit of the thread, I'd take a look at Sensabaugh and Donnie Avery. They'll be relatively cheap and should be serviceable for some time to come.

John Abraham would be nice too but he might be out of the range.

March 6th, 2013, 6:45 pm
DayDreamer wrote:
Keeping up with the spirit of the thread, I'd take a look at Sensabaugh and Donnie Avery. They'll be relatively cheap and should be serviceable for some time to come.

I would add Sensabaugh and Woodson to my list, assuming they come relatively cheap ($2.5-3.5)

March 6th, 2013, 6:48 pm
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

kdsberman wrote:

True. Reggie is an average pass-catcher, average at hitting the hole, average at basically everything except for his blazing speed. No way there isn't a 4th, maybe even 5th round runningback with his speed and other decent havings.

No more than $3 million a year if he is signed, I would hope.

March 6th, 2013, 7:12 pm

wjb21ndtown wrote:
DayDreamer wrote:

I would add Sensabaugh and Woodson to my list, assuming they come relatively cheap ($2.5-3.5)

Sensabaugh is just above average. He wouldn't be an upgrade over anyone on the roster. What do you think of Kenny Vaccaro, Eric Reid, and Baccari Rambo?

March 6th, 2013, 7:13 pm
Shotty wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
DayDreamer wrote:

Sensabaugh is just above average. He wouldn't be an upgrade over anyone on the roster. What do you think of Kenny Vaccaro, Eric Reid, and Baccari Rambo?

Having an average safety would be better than what we've had. I like Reid, and Vaccaro, and a couple of others. I'm not sold on Rambo, but that's mainly due to character issues.

March 6th, 2013, 7:15 pm
Team MVP

Id love to see Vacarro in a Lions jersey.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

March 6th, 2013, 7:22 pm

wjb21ndtown wrote:
Shotty wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
DayDreamer wrote:

Having an average safety would be better than what we've had. I like Reid, and Vaccaro, and a couple of others. I'm not sold on Rambo, but that's mainly due to character issues.

Same opinion on Rambo, lots of potential but his character issues are risky. Reid has great hips and is a hard hitter, but his coverage is shaky. If that can be fixed, he should easily be the 2nd round pick if he's there, maybe even trade up to the late 1st for him. Vaccaro seems to be the unanimous top safety in this draft.

March 6th, 2013, 7:37 pm
Reply to topic   [ 255 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next