View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 21st, 2014, 12:33 am



Reply to topic  [ 255 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next
 Free Agency splash 
Author Message
Walk On
User avatar

Joined: January 11th, 2006, 4:04 pm
Posts: 433
Post Free Agency splash
As the free agency deadline approaches, who do you want to visit Detroit and who DON'T you want to leave once the plane touch down? My vote Reggie Bush.

_________________
The REAL "Lion King" and father to Simba


Last edited by Mufasa on March 6th, 2013, 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.



March 6th, 2013, 1:34 pm
Profile
Post Re: Free Agency splash
Mufasa wrote:
As the free agency deadline approaches, who do you want to visit Detroit and who don't you want to leave once the plane touch down? My vote Reggie Bush.


I'm with ya... By the time the team gets good Bush will be done... I see no reason for this signing, other than an appeal to ignorant fans that like big names to sell tickets.

You can argue that the NFL is a business and selling tickets is the name of the game, but at the end of the day wins and long-term stability is the smartest business decision for this team.

No thanks Reggie!


March 6th, 2013, 1:37 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman
User avatar

Joined: March 30th, 2006, 12:48 am
Posts: 3864
Location: Davison Mi
Post Re: Free Agency splash
wjb21ndtown wrote:
Mufasa wrote:
As the free agency deadline approaches, who do you want to visit Detroit and who don't you want to leave once the plane touch down? My vote Reggie Bush.


I'm with ya... By the time the team gets good Bush will be done... I see no reason for this signing, other than an appeal to ignorant fans that like big names to sell tickets.

You can argue that the NFL is a business and selling tickets is the name of the game, but at the end of the day wins and long-term stability is the smartest business decision for this team.

No thanks Reggie!


Depending on his price tag I dont have an issue with Reggie. He flat out carried Miami last year with a broken Long on one side and a questionable line aside from him. His injury history is a concern, but when he's healthy the kid can flat out play....and has since his playoff run in N.O.

_________________
2013 Lionbacker Fantasy Football Champion


March 6th, 2013, 1:42 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: August 6th, 2004, 9:21 am
Posts: 9514
Location: Dallas
Post Re: Free Agency splash
wjb21ndtown wrote:
Mufasa wrote:
As the free agency deadline approaches, who do you want to visit Detroit and who don't you want to leave once the plane touch down? My vote Reggie Bush.


I'm with ya... By the time the team gets good Bush will be done... I see no reason for this signing, other than an appeal to ignorant fans that like big names to sell tickets.

You can argue that the NFL is a business and selling tickets is the name of the game, but at the end of the day wins and long-term stability is the smartest business decision for this team.

No thanks Reggie!


ha ha, I love how WJB agrees with you yet is saying the exact opposite. Vulcan mind trick?

_________________
Image
LB Tweet


March 6th, 2013, 2:57 pm
Profile WWW
Post Re: Free Agency splash
Pablo wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
Mufasa wrote:
As the free agency deadline approaches, who do you want to visit Detroit and who don't you want to leave once the plane touch down? My vote Reggie Bush.


I'm with ya... By the time the team gets good Bush will be done... I see no reason for this signing, other than an appeal to ignorant fans that like big names to sell tickets.

You can argue that the NFL is a business and selling tickets is the name of the game, but at the end of the day wins and long-term stability is the smartest business decision for this team.

No thanks Reggie!


ha ha, I love how WJB agrees with you yet is saying the exact opposite. Vulcan mind trick?


Ha... :twisted:

I actually read his post wrong... I thought it said "who do you want to leave once the plane touches down..."


March 6th, 2013, 3:26 pm
Team MVP
User avatar

Joined: February 20th, 2007, 10:51 pm
Posts: 3376
Location: Saginaw, MI
Post Re: Free Agency splash
You can get a Reggie Bush type back in the draft, and for MUCH cheaper. No to Reggie.

_________________
April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.


Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011


March 6th, 2013, 5:58 pm
Profile
Walk On
User avatar

Joined: January 11th, 2006, 4:04 pm
Posts: 433
Post Re: Free Agency splash
kdsberman wrote:
You can get a Reggie Bush type back in the draft, and for MUCH cheaper. No to Reggie.


I'll make a Reggie Bush thread, let's stick to the original question. Not what I would like. I'm gonna assume know one wants to sign any Free agents and we're okay with our immediate 4-12 team, because I'm just getting judgements on my free agent choice, which is my choice that's all.

_________________
The REAL "Lion King" and father to Simba


March 6th, 2013, 6:36 pm
Profile
Post Re: Free Agency splash
My (realistic) dream FA list: (in no order, I want them all just about equally, and I'm high on all three/four)

Hixon
Porter
Abraham/Freeney (one of the two)

Lock up these guys and we have a shot at least being respectable next season.

Screw Reggie Bush. Cheaper replacement in the draft, and we have decent RBs right now.


March 6th, 2013, 6:40 pm
Heisman Winner
User avatar

Joined: December 18th, 2008, 9:18 am
Posts: 778
Location: Where I lay my head is home
Post Re: Free Agency splash
Keeping up with the spirit of the thread, I'd take a look at Sensabaugh and Donnie Avery. They'll be relatively cheap and should be serviceable for some time to come.

John Abraham would be nice too but he might be out of the range.


March 6th, 2013, 6:45 pm
Profile
Post Re: Free Agency splash
DayDreamer wrote:
Keeping up with the spirit of the thread, I'd take a look at Sensabaugh and Donnie Avery. They'll be relatively cheap and should be serviceable for some time to come.

John Abraham would be nice too but he might be out of the range.


I would add Sensabaugh and Woodson to my list, assuming they come relatively cheap ($2.5-3.5)


March 6th, 2013, 6:48 pm
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Joined: July 3rd, 2012, 2:06 am
Posts: 668
Post Re: Free Agency splash
kdsberman wrote:
You can get a Reggie Bush type back in the draft, and for MUCH cheaper. No to Reggie.


True. Reggie is an average pass-catcher, average at hitting the hole, average at basically everything except for his blazing speed. No way there isn't a 4th, maybe even 5th round runningback with his speed and other decent havings.

No more than $3 million a year if he is signed, I would hope.

_________________
Image


March 6th, 2013, 7:12 pm
Profile
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Joined: July 3rd, 2012, 2:06 am
Posts: 668
Post Re: Free Agency splash
wjb21ndtown wrote:
DayDreamer wrote:
Keeping up with the spirit of the thread, I'd take a look at Sensabaugh and Donnie Avery. They'll be relatively cheap and should be serviceable for some time to come.

John Abraham would be nice too but he might be out of the range.


I would add Sensabaugh and Woodson to my list, assuming they come relatively cheap ($2.5-3.5)


Sensabaugh is just above average. He wouldn't be an upgrade over anyone on the roster. What do you think of Kenny Vaccaro, Eric Reid, and Baccari Rambo?

_________________
Image


March 6th, 2013, 7:13 pm
Profile
Post Re: Free Agency splash
Shotty wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
DayDreamer wrote:
Keeping up with the spirit of the thread, I'd take a look at Sensabaugh and Donnie Avery. They'll be relatively cheap and should be serviceable for some time to come.

John Abraham would be nice too but he might be out of the range.


I would add Sensabaugh and Woodson to my list, assuming they come relatively cheap ($2.5-3.5)


Sensabaugh is just above average. He wouldn't be an upgrade over anyone on the roster. What do you think of Kenny Vaccaro, Eric Reid, and Baccari Rambo?


Having an average safety would be better than what we've had. I like Reid, and Vaccaro, and a couple of others. I'm not sold on Rambo, but that's mainly due to character issues.


March 6th, 2013, 7:15 pm
Team MVP
User avatar

Joined: February 20th, 2007, 10:51 pm
Posts: 3376
Location: Saginaw, MI
Post Re: Free Agency splash
Id love to see Vacarro in a Lions jersey.

_________________
April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.


Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011


March 6th, 2013, 7:22 pm
Profile
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Joined: July 3rd, 2012, 2:06 am
Posts: 668
Post Re: Free Agency splash
wjb21ndtown wrote:
Shotty wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
DayDreamer wrote:
Keeping up with the spirit of the thread, I'd take a look at Sensabaugh and Donnie Avery. They'll be relatively cheap and should be serviceable for some time to come.

John Abraham would be nice too but he might be out of the range.


I would add Sensabaugh and Woodson to my list, assuming they come relatively cheap ($2.5-3.5)


Sensabaugh is just above average. He wouldn't be an upgrade over anyone on the roster. What do you think of Kenny Vaccaro, Eric Reid, and Baccari Rambo?


Having an average safety would be better than what we've had. I like Reid, and Vaccaro, and a couple of others. I'm not sold on Rambo, but that's mainly due to character issues.


Same opinion on Rambo, lots of potential but his character issues are risky. Reid has great hips and is a hard hitter, but his coverage is shaky. If that can be fixed, he should easily be the 2nd round pick if he's there, maybe even trade up to the late 1st for him. Vaccaro seems to be the unanimous top safety in this draft.

_________________
Image


March 6th, 2013, 7:37 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 255 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: frok, Google [Bot], njroar and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.