View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 23rd, 2014, 10:14 am



Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Nate's "restructure" not what everyone thought it would be 
Author Message
Mr. Irrelevant
User avatar

Joined: February 28th, 2007, 12:13 pm
Posts: 961
Post Re: Nate's "restructure" not what everyone thought it would
regularjoe12 wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
Being a "good guy" and helping someone take the #2 spot are two completely different things. It doesn't matter that Nate is in fact a "good guy," he did everything he could to keep Titus down the depth chart, and keep himself in the #2 spot. That's exactly what I DON'T want out of Nate.


and how exactly did he do that? Take his parking spot? tie his shoes laces together? not hold his hand and tell him it was going to be ok when he was acting like a lil B!#@H?


common man, you are an accountability guy...why hold Nate accountable for things you have no evidence of, but give Titus a pass when he is CLEARLY a douchebag?


Perhaps he stole his luggage on an away week. . . . ? :D

_________________
If you think education is tough, try being stoopid.


March 7th, 2013, 1:36 pm
Profile
Post Re: Nate's "restructure" not what everyone thought it would
regularjoe12 wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
Being a "good guy" and helping someone take the #2 spot are two completely different things. It doesn't matter that Nate is in fact a "good guy," he did everything he could to keep Titus down the depth chart, and keep himself in the #2 spot. That's exactly what I DON'T want out of Nate.


and how exactly did he do that? Take his parking spot? tie his shoes laces together? not hold his hand and tell him it was going to be ok when he was acting like a lil B!#@H?


common man, you are an accountability guy...why hold Nate accountable for things you have no evidence of, but give Titus a pass when he is CLEARLY a douchebag?


How did he "not" do that? Nate is a seasoned vet, with a locker room presence and a voice on this team. If he says PUBLICLY that he's "fighting to keep the #2 job, and he doesn't want to lose it," he's doing everything he can to promote himself and hold Titus back. He's not being a mentor willing to step down. THAT'S the point.

Nate wanted no part of losing the #2 spot, he wanted no part of Titus being promoted over him, and he did everything he could to keep his job. That's not what this team needs. That's not a real leader, that's bullish!t.

Nate knows what to say and do, but he's very political in what he says and does. He says all the right things while accomplishing his agenda of keeping his job and his fat, undeserved paycheck.


March 7th, 2013, 2:36 pm
NFL Veteran

Joined: November 28th, 2007, 12:50 pm
Posts: 1332
Location: Newport Beach, Ca
Post Re: Nate's "restructure" not what everyone thought it would
wjb21ndtown wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
Being a "good guy" and helping someone take the #2 spot are two completely different things. It doesn't matter that Nate is in fact a "good guy," he did everything he could to keep Titus down the depth chart, and keep himself in the #2 spot. That's exactly what I DON'T want out of Nate.


and how exactly did he do that? Take his parking spot? tie his shoes laces together? not hold his hand and tell him it was going to be ok when he was acting like a lil B!#@H?


common man, you are an accountability guy...why hold Nate accountable for things you have no evidence of, but give Titus a pass when he is CLEARLY a douchebag?


How did he "not" do that? Nate is a seasoned vet, with a locker room presence and a voice on this team. If he says PUBLICLY that he's "fighting to keep the #2 job, and he doesn't want to lose it," he's doing everything he can to promote himself and hold Titus back. He's not being a mentor willing to step down. THAT'S the point.

Nate wanted no part of losing the #2 spot, he wanted no part of Titus being promoted over him, and he did everything he could to keep his job. That's not what this team needs. That's not a real leader, that's bullish!t.

Nate knows what to say and do, but he's very political in what he says and does. He says all the right things while accomplishing his agenda of keeping his job and his fat, undeserved paycheck.


This team needs players to play at the best of their ability. That is what Nate has been doing. A peer mentor in football doesn't step down, the person he is mentoring has to step up. It's also not Nate's decision, it's the coaches that choose. Nate did exactly what he was supposed to do and that was help the kid by competing for the WR2 position and giving him tips on how to have a long career.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82a34b3d/article/nate-burleson-ok-helping-lions-teammate-titus-young
Quote:
Another goal of Burleson's is being a good teammate. I bring up wide receiver Titus Young, who was briefly banned from Lions practice after punching a teammate. Burleson attributes Young's incident to misplaced aggression and explains how challenging it is for many young players to adjust to the NFL.

I ask if there's a part of him that's reluctant to guide a player who may ultimately replace him in the lineup.

"When I first got in, I've seen guys handle it poorly," he said. "I remember coming in and some guys are like, 'I'm not gonna help you' because they knew the young guys were coming to take your position."

Burleson recalled Marcus Robinson, a teammate with the Minnesota Vikings, who showed him the way a veteran should inspire and motivate a young player.

"I told Titus, I said, 'Look. There's no question that you're brought here to take my position. That's what you're brought here to do. And by the time I'm done, you should be ready to take that and you should be on your way to a new contract. And if you're not in those two positions, I don't think I did my job well enough.'"


Yep, Nate sure sounds like the worst mentor ever.


March 7th, 2013, 3:57 pm
Profile
Post Re: Nate's "restructure" not what everyone thought it would
rao wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
Being a "good guy" and helping someone take the #2 spot are two completely different things. It doesn't matter that Nate is in fact a "good guy," he did everything he could to keep Titus down the depth chart, and keep himself in the #2 spot. That's exactly what I DON'T want out of Nate.


and how exactly did he do that? Take his parking spot? tie his shoes laces together? not hold his hand and tell him it was going to be ok when he was acting like a lil B!#@H?


common man, you are an accountability guy...why hold Nate accountable for things you have no evidence of, but give Titus a pass when he is CLEARLY a douchebag?


How did he "not" do that? Nate is a seasoned vet, with a locker room presence and a voice on this team. If he says PUBLICLY that he's "fighting to keep the #2 job, and he doesn't want to lose it," he's doing everything he can to promote himself and hold Titus back. He's not being a mentor willing to step down. THAT'S the point.

Nate wanted no part of losing the #2 spot, he wanted no part of Titus being promoted over him, and he did everything he could to keep his job. That's not what this team needs. That's not a real leader, that's bullish!t.

Nate knows what to say and do, but he's very political in what he says and does. He says all the right things while accomplishing his agenda of keeping his job and his fat, undeserved paycheck.


This team needs players to play at the best of their ability. That is what Nate has been doing. A peer mentor in football doesn't step down, the person he is mentoring has to step up. It's also not Nate's decision, it's the coaches that choose. Nate did exactly what he was supposed to do and that was help the kid by competing for the WR2 position and giving him tips on how to have a long career.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82a34b3d/article/nate-burleson-ok-helping-lions-teammate-titus-young
Quote:
Another goal of Burleson's is being a good teammate. I bring up wide receiver Titus Young, who was briefly banned from Lions practice after punching a teammate. Burleson attributes Young's incident to misplaced aggression and explains how challenging it is for many young players to adjust to the NFL.

I ask if there's a part of him that's reluctant to guide a player who may ultimately replace him in the lineup.

"When I first got in, I've seen guys handle it poorly," he said. "I remember coming in and some guys are like, 'I'm not gonna help you' because they knew the young guys were coming to take your position."

Burleson recalled Marcus Robinson, a teammate with the Minnesota Vikings, who showed him the way a veteran should inspire and motivate a young player.

"I told Titus, I said, 'Look. There's no question that you're brought here to take my position. That's what you're brought here to do. And by the time I'm done, you should be ready to take that and you should be on your way to a new contract. And if you're not in those two positions, I don't think I did my job well enough.'"


Yep, Nate sure sounds like the worst mentor ever.


And what Nate means, and said is... When my contract expires, you'll be ready...

What we need is someone that HELPS someone take Nate's spot while Nate is under contract.

Nate is a "me-first" guy that cares about his payday. He couches his "greed" in BS placating to the media, and by saying "all the right things." He stated last year on 97.1 that he's going to do everything in his power to be the #2 WR last season, and that's exactly what he did, to the detriment of the team.


March 7th, 2013, 4:00 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman
User avatar

Joined: March 30th, 2006, 12:48 am
Posts: 3709
Location: Davison Mi
Post Re: Nate's "restructure" not what everyone thought it would
wjb21ndtown wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
Being a "good guy" and helping someone take the #2 spot are two completely different things. It doesn't matter that Nate is in fact a "good guy," he did everything he could to keep Titus down the depth chart, and keep himself in the #2 spot. That's exactly what I DON'T want out of Nate.


and how exactly did he do that? Take his parking spot? tie his shoes laces together? not hold his hand and tell him it was going to be ok when he was acting like a lil B!#@H?


common man, you are an accountability guy...why hold Nate accountable for things you have no evidence of, but give Titus a pass when he is CLEARLY a douchebag?


How did he "not" do that? Nate is a seasoned vet, with a locker room presence and a voice on this team. If he says PUBLICLY that he's "fighting to keep the #2 job, and he doesn't want to lose it," he's doing everything he can to promote himself and hold Titus back. He's not being a mentor willing to step down. THAT'S the point.

Nate wanted no part of losing the #2 spot, he wanted no part of Titus being promoted over him, and he did everything he could to keep his job. That's not what this team needs. That's not a real leader, that's bullish!t.

Nate knows what to say and do, but he's very political in what he says and does. He says all the right things while accomplishing his agenda of keeping his job and his fat, undeserved paycheck.




So a true leader rolls over and dies when they are still capable of doing the job? I thought a true leader was supposed to lead by example. wasnt the example he was setting " do everything you have to get the job done"? isnt that the example you set when you fight for your job? im sorry, but saying that he wants to stay at the #2 spot in no way shape or form says that he was trying to keep titus down. It simply says he's going to do what he has to to elevate his game above titus.....which it turns out a blind one legged hamster with a stick could do....

_________________
2013 Lionbacker Fantasy Football Champion


March 7th, 2013, 4:14 pm
Profile
Post Re: Nate's "restructure" not what everyone thought it would
regularjoe12 wrote:
So a true leader rolls over and dies when they are still capable of doing the job? I thought a true leader was supposed to lead by example. wasnt the example he was setting " do everything you have to get the job done"? isnt that the example you set when you fight for your job? im sorry, but saying that he wants to stay at the #2 spot in no way shape or form says that he was trying to keep titus down. It simply says he's going to do what he has to to elevate his game above titus.....which it turns out a blind one legged hamster with a stick could do....


No, a true leader isn't afraid of other people's success. A true leader encourages people to be better than they are. A true leader promotes, even when that promotion is going to lead to someone surpassing them. That's what a true leader does.

Nate doesn't lead by example. By taking "every means necessary" to keep his job it included going on 97.1 and letting team management and coaching staff know that he would be unhappy with any position other than the #2 WR spot. That's not encouraging younger talent, that's holding them back. Nate's "example" is to take offensive PI calls, drop a ton of balls, fail to stretch the field, and hold the offense back. That's the product he puts out on the field, and it's not good for the team, period.


March 7th, 2013, 4:26 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman
User avatar

Joined: March 30th, 2006, 12:48 am
Posts: 3709
Location: Davison Mi
Post Re: Nate's "restructure" not what everyone thought it would
wjb21ndtown wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:
So a true leader rolls over and dies when they are still capable of doing the job? I thought a true leader was supposed to lead by example. wasnt the example he was setting " do everything you have to get the job done"? isnt that the example you set when you fight for your job? im sorry, but saying that he wants to stay at the #2 spot in no way shape or form says that he was trying to keep titus down. It simply says he's going to do what he has to to elevate his game above titus.....which it turns out a blind one legged hamster with a stick could do....


No, a true leader isn't afraid of other people's success. A true leader encourages people to be better than they are. A true leader promotes, even when that promotion is going to lead to someone surpassing them. That's what a true leader does.

Nate doesn't lead by example. By taking "every means necessary" to keep his job it included going on 97.1 and letting team management and coaching staff know that he would be unhappy with any position other than the #2 WR spot. That's not encouraging younger talent, that's holding them back. Nate's "example" is to take offensive PI calls, drop a ton of balls, fail to stretch the field, and hold the offense back. That's the product he puts out on the field, and it's not good for the team, period.



so are you insinuating he bribed the coaches to keep him at #2? seems to me if Titus WAS better he would have stepped in and taken the #2 away from him if he was as bad as you say......interesting to see that never happened...perhaps Nate should have intentionlly lined up at the wrong position....

_________________
2013 Lionbacker Fantasy Football Champion


March 7th, 2013, 4:36 pm
Profile
NFL Veteran

Joined: November 28th, 2007, 12:50 pm
Posts: 1332
Location: Newport Beach, Ca
Post Re: Nate's "restructure" not what everyone thought it would
wjb21ndtown wrote:
rao wrote:
This team needs players to play at the best of their ability. That is what Nate has been doing. A peer mentor in football doesn't step down, the person he is mentoring has to step up. It's also not Nate's decision, it's the coaches that choose. Nate did exactly what he was supposed to do and that was help the kid by competing for the WR2 position and giving him tips on how to have a long career.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82a34b3d/article/nate-burleson-ok-helping-lions-teammate-titus-young
Quote:
Another goal of Burleson's is being a good teammate. I bring up wide receiver Titus Young, who was briefly banned from Lions practice after punching a teammate. Burleson attributes Young's incident to misplaced aggression and explains how challenging it is for many young players to adjust to the NFL.

I ask if there's a part of him that's reluctant to guide a player who may ultimately replace him in the lineup.

"When I first got in, I've seen guys handle it poorly," he said. "I remember coming in and some guys are like, 'I'm not gonna help you' because they knew the young guys were coming to take your position."

Burleson recalled Marcus Robinson, a teammate with the Minnesota Vikings, who showed him the way a veteran should inspire and motivate a young player.

"I told Titus, I said, 'Look. There's no question that you're brought here to take my position. That's what you're brought here to do. And by the time I'm done, you should be ready to take that and you should be on your way to a new contract. And if you're not in those two positions, I don't think I did my job well enough.'"


Yep, Nate sure sounds like the worst mentor ever.


And what Nate means, and said is... When my contract expires, you'll be ready...

What we need is someone that HELPS someone take Nate's spot while Nate is under contract.

Nate is a "me-first" guy that cares about his payday. He couches his "greed" in BS placating to the media, and by saying "all the right things." He stated last year on 97.1 that he's going to do everything in his power to be the #2 WR last season, and that's exactly what he did, to the detriment of the team.


How did he hurt the team???? He didn't stop Titus from playing, Titus stopped Titus from playing. Titus didn't even have a problem with Nate, he was mad because CJ was getting such a disproportionate amount of the targets. Hell, Titus wasn't mad at any of the players he was mad at the coaching staff for not being used the way he felt he should be. Nate had no hand in any of the problems with Titus and his contract isn't his fault either. He continues to try and earn his contract every year and that's all you can ask of any player. If Nate is earning his money or not is up to the coaches and since they asked him for a pay cut they obviously didn't think he was able to earn it any longer. That shows even more how much of an idiot Titus is because he would have easily had the starting job this year had he kept himself in check.


March 7th, 2013, 4:38 pm
Profile
Post Re: Nate's "restructure" not what everyone thought it would
rao wrote:
How did he hurt the team???? He didn't stop Titus from playing, Titus stopped Titus from playing. Titus didn't even have a problem with Nate, he was mad because CJ was getting such a disproportionate amount of the targets. Hell, Titus wasn't mad at any of the players he was mad at the coaching staff for not being used the way he felt he should be. Nate had no hand in any of the problems with Titus and his contract isn't his fault either. He continues to try and earn his contract every year and that's all you can ask of any player. If Nate is earning his money or not is up to the coaches and since they asked him for a pay cut they obviously didn't think he was able to earn it any longer. That shows even more how much of an idiot Titus is because he would have easily had the starting job this year had he kept himself in check.


He hurts the team by not stretching the field, by not taking pressure off of CJ, by not being a TRUE #2 WR! That's how...

This isn't a Titus V Nate debate.... It's a Nate debate and he sucks as a #2 WR and a mentor, period.


March 7th, 2013, 4:43 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)
User avatar

Joined: October 30th, 2004, 12:30 pm
Posts: 2205
Location: Austin, TX
Post Re: Nate's "restructure" not what everyone thought it would
regularjoe12 wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
Being a "good guy" and helping someone take the #2 spot are two completely different things. It doesn't matter that Nate is in fact a "good guy," he did everything he could to keep Titus down the depth chart, and keep himself in the #2 spot. That's exactly what I DON'T want out of Nate.


and how exactly did he do that? Take his parking spot? tie his shoes laces together? not hold his hand and tell him it was going to be ok when he was acting like a lil B!#@H?


common man, you are an accountability guy...why hold Nate accountable for things you have no evidence of, but give Titus a pass when he is CLEARLY a douchebag?


How did he "not" do that? Nate is a seasoned vet, with a locker room presence and a voice on this team. If he says PUBLICLY that he's "fighting to keep the #2 job, and he doesn't want to lose it," he's doing everything he can to promote himself and hold Titus back. He's not being a mentor willing to step down. THAT'S the point.

Nate wanted no part of losing the #2 spot, he wanted no part of Titus being promoted over him, and he did everything he could to keep his job. That's not what this team needs. That's not a real leader, that's bullish!t.

Nate knows what to say and do, but he's very political in what he says and does. He says all the right things while accomplishing his agenda of keeping his job and his fat, undeserved paycheck.




So a true leader rolls over and dies when they are still capable of doing the job? I thought a true leader was supposed to lead by example. wasnt the example he was setting " do everything you have to get the job done"? isnt that the example you set when you fight for your job? im sorry, but saying that he wants to stay at the #2 spot in no way shape or form says that he was trying to keep titus down. It simply says he's going to do what he has to to elevate his game above titus.....which it turns out a blind one legged hamster with a stick could do....


What Joe said!

_________________
Image

NEVER GIVE UP!


March 7th, 2013, 4:55 pm
Profile
NFL Veteran

Joined: November 28th, 2007, 12:50 pm
Posts: 1332
Location: Newport Beach, Ca
Post Re: Nate's "restructure" not what everyone thought it would
wjb21ndtown wrote:
rao wrote:
How did he hurt the team???? He didn't stop Titus from playing, Titus stopped Titus from playing. Titus didn't even have a problem with Nate, he was mad because CJ was getting such a disproportionate amount of the targets. Hell, Titus wasn't mad at any of the players he was mad at the coaching staff for not being used the way he felt he should be. Nate had no hand in any of the problems with Titus and his contract isn't his fault either. He continues to try and earn his contract every year and that's all you can ask of any player. If Nate is earning his money or not is up to the coaches and since they asked him for a pay cut they obviously didn't think he was able to earn it any longer. That shows even more how much of an idiot Titus is because he would have easily had the starting job this year had he kept himself in check.


He hurts the team by not stretching the field, by not taking pressure off of CJ, by not being a TRUE #2 WR! That's how...

This isn't a Titus V Nate debate.... It's a Nate debate and he sucks as a #2 WR and a mentor, period.


But how does he suck as a mentor? Titus played well when he was on the field and improved from his first season to his second. Even Broyles played well when he was on the field, so Nate wasn't stunting their growth in anyway.

Nate didn't make himself the number two, Linehan and Schwartz made him the number 2. Stop blaming Nate for for the inability of the coaching staff and front office to get the right type of personnel and how the current personnel is being used. I also don't get the idea that Nate was meant to stretch the field in anyway after Titus was drafted. Titus was brought in to stretch the field while Nate continued to get the tough short yardage catches and YAC. It's exactly what they did once they got Titus acclimated to the team and would have continued to do had Nate not got hurt so quickly in the last season.


March 7th, 2013, 5:08 pm
Profile
Post Re: Nate's "restructure" not what everyone thought it would
Rah rah rah :idea: :arrow: go team! Fight! You're the best Nate! You tell the reporters exactly what they want to hear, and... OMG!!! YOU stay out of jail!!! WE LOVE YOU NATE!!!

Never mind the fact that he should be making about $2.5 mill for the last two seasons and he's fleeced us for more than double that. Never mind that he drops balls constantly, he's washed up, too old, too slow, and can't stretch the field. NEver mind that he's not a #2 WR. Never mind that he doesn't help Calvin get open, and never mind that he cheats on the field and has used politics to hold down our younger WRs. He's a great guy!!!

Go NATE, Go Lions!!! The way of the losers since 1958...


News flash... WE'RE DOING IT WRONG...


March 7th, 2013, 5:09 pm
Post Re: Nate's "restructure" not what everyone thought it would
rao wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
rao wrote:
How did he hurt the team???? He didn't stop Titus from playing, Titus stopped Titus from playing. Titus didn't even have a problem with Nate, he was mad because CJ was getting such a disproportionate amount of the targets. Hell, Titus wasn't mad at any of the players he was mad at the coaching staff for not being used the way he felt he should be. Nate had no hand in any of the problems with Titus and his contract isn't his fault either. He continues to try and earn his contract every year and that's all you can ask of any player. If Nate is earning his money or not is up to the coaches and since they asked him for a pay cut they obviously didn't think he was able to earn it any longer. That shows even more how much of an idiot Titus is because he would have easily had the starting job this year had he kept himself in check.


He hurts the team by not stretching the field, by not taking pressure off of CJ, by not being a TRUE #2 WR! That's how...

This isn't a Titus V Nate debate.... It's a Nate debate and he sucks as a #2 WR and a mentor, period.


But how does he suck as a mentor? Titus played well when he was on the field and improved from his first season to his second. Even Broyles played well when he was on the field, so Nate wasn't stunting their growth in anyway.

Nate didn't make himself the number two, Linehan and Schwartz made him the number 2. Stop blaming Nate for for the inability of the coaching staff and front office to get the right type of personnel and how the current personnel is being used. I also don't get the idea that Nate was meant to stretch the field in anyway after Titus was drafted. Titus was brought in to stretch the field while Nate continued to get the tough short yardage catches and YAC. It's exactly what they did once they got Titus acclimated to the team and would have continued to do had Nate not got hurt so quickly in the last season.



The #2 stretches the field. That's what we brought Nate in to do. Go back and read Schwartz's comments when we signed him. "We brought Nate in to be an "eraser" so they can't double or triple Calvin deep..."

It IS at least partially Nates fault that he was named the #2 when he politiced and stated that he would be unhappy if he lost the #2 job. It put the coaches in a position where if they moved him, they would have a disgruntled player on their hands.


March 7th, 2013, 5:11 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman
User avatar

Joined: March 30th, 2006, 12:48 am
Posts: 3709
Location: Davison Mi
Post Re: Nate's "restructure" not what everyone thought it would
wjb21ndtown wrote:
Rah rah rah :idea: :arrow: go team! Fight! You're the best Nate! You tell the reporters exactly what they want to hear, and... OMG!!! YOU stay out of jail!!! WE LOVE YOU NATE!!!

Never mind the fact that he should be making about $2.5 mill for the last two seasons and he's fleeced us for more than double that. Never mind that he drops balls constantly, he's washed up, too old, too slow, and can't stretch the field. NEver mind that he's not a #2 WR. Never mind that he doesn't help Calvin get open, and never mind that he cheats on the field and has used politics to hold down our younger WRs. He's a great guy!!!

Go NATE, Go Lions!!! The way of the losers since 1958...


News flash... WE'RE DOING IT WRONG...


you refuse to let go of the fact that he came here when NO ONE WANTED TO! we HAD to overpay for free agents to come here after 0-16. Yes he is overpaid. But the guy doesnt "suck". he 's done what we asked of him, and more...but somehow you fault him for it! He takes a paycut, and you fault him for it.Titus turns out to be an asshat, and you fault Nate for it.

Was Nate the 2nd gunman on the grassy knoll too?

_________________
2013 Lionbacker Fantasy Football Champion


March 7th, 2013, 5:15 pm
Profile
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman
User avatar

Joined: March 30th, 2006, 12:48 am
Posts: 3709
Location: Davison Mi
Post Re: Nate's "restructure" not what everyone thought it would
wjb21ndtown wrote:
rao wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
rao wrote:
How did he hurt the team???? He didn't stop Titus from playing, Titus stopped Titus from playing. Titus didn't even have a problem with Nate, he was mad because CJ was getting such a disproportionate amount of the targets. Hell, Titus wasn't mad at any of the players he was mad at the coaching staff for not being used the way he felt he should be. Nate had no hand in any of the problems with Titus and his contract isn't his fault either. He continues to try and earn his contract every year and that's all you can ask of any player. If Nate is earning his money or not is up to the coaches and since they asked him for a pay cut they obviously didn't think he was able to earn it any longer. That shows even more how much of an idiot Titus is because he would have easily had the starting job this year had he kept himself in check.


He hurts the team by not stretching the field, by not taking pressure off of CJ, by not being a TRUE #2 WR! That's how...

This isn't a Titus V Nate debate.... It's a Nate debate and he sucks as a #2 WR and a mentor, period.


But how does he suck as a mentor? Titus played well when he was on the field and improved from his first season to his second. Even Broyles played well when he was on the field, so Nate wasn't stunting their growth in anyway.

Nate didn't make himself the number two, Linehan and Schwartz made him the number 2. Stop blaming Nate for for the inability of the coaching staff and front office to get the right type of personnel and how the current personnel is being used. I also don't get the idea that Nate was meant to stretch the field in anyway after Titus was drafted. Titus was brought in to stretch the field while Nate continued to get the tough short yardage catches and YAC. It's exactly what they did once they got Titus acclimated to the team and would have continued to do had Nate not got hurt so quickly in the last season.



The #2 stretches the field. That's what we brought Nate in to do. Go back and read Schwartz's comments when we signed him. "We brought Nate in to be an "eraser" so they can't double or triple Calvin deep..."

It IS at least partially Nates fault that he was named the #2 when he politiced and stated that he would be unhappy if he lost the #2 job. It put the coaches in a position where if they moved him, they would have a disgruntled player on their hands.


I think how they handled Titus show what they do with disgruntled players....next arguement please.

_________________
2013 Lionbacker Fantasy Football Champion


March 7th, 2013, 5:17 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: DayDreamer, Google [Bot] and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.