View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 26th, 2014, 3:54 am

Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Crap! Chiefs traded for Alex Smith 
Post Re: Crap! Chiefs traded for Alex Smith
DayDreamer wrote:
If Mahew doesn't take Foster, we can be sure something is seriously wrong. Remember Mahew was one of the few GMs who personally scouted Foster, so unless there are some red flags we missed and he noticed, there can't be any other reason. This FO has always been saying BPA, so I'd have to think they'll go with Foster if he falls to them.

You mean Fisher, right?

March 4th, 2013, 6:15 pm
Heisman Winner

wjb21ndtown wrote:
DayDreamer wrote:
If Mahew doesn't take Foster, we can be sure something is seriously wrong. Remember Mahew was one of the few GMs who personally scouted Foster, so unless there are some red flags we missed and he noticed, there can't be any other reason. This FO has always been saying BPA, so I'd have to think they'll go with Foster if he falls to them.

You mean Fisher, right?

Yeah, sorry, Fisher. Been dealing with a guy called Foster at work......brain fart.

March 4th, 2013, 6:21 pm
Hall of Fame Player

wjb21ndtown wrote:
Pablo wrote:
DayDreamer wrote:
KC just tagged Brandon Albert, I hope it means what I think it means....hello Luke (or Foster)!

I think it depends on if they think they can sign Albert to a long term deal. If not, they just have him on a one-year deal and he can serve as a mentor for his eventual replacement. If they stay put at #1 and aren't looking OT, I've gotta think they will go DL now unless they really like Dee Milliner.

This is awesome news! I think this more or less guarantees that Fisher or Joeckel will be there. I can't see KC spending a #1 overall pick on a LT with a franchised LT on the roster.

Maybe they pull the tag before the draft and cut Albert, maybe they'll try to move Albert to a team that can sign him long-term, or maybe they see Alex Smith as a stop-gap/backup Qb and they're going to go with Barkley or Smith at #1 overall?

I think there's more chance that they draft a Qb to mentor behind Alex Smith, than drafting an LT to mentor behind Brandon Albert.

Now... here's the disaster scenario... Eric Fisher is sitting there and the Lions draft Millner or Ansah.

I would not consider it a disaster at all if we drafted Milliner. I think you are vastly underrating him. He is the best of a Very strong CB class. And I view him as an eventual shut down CB. Ansah on the other hand? WAY too raw for the risk level that we can afford to take. I wish there were a way for us to get both Fisher and Milliner. Anyone think Philly or Cleveland would let us trade up from our 2nd round pick for their 1st round pick? LOL.

March 4th, 2013, 6:23 pm
RIP Killer

DayDreamer wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
DayDreamer wrote:

You mean Fisher, right?

Yeah, sorry, Fisher. Been dealing with a guy called Foster at work......brain fart.

Fisher, Australian for beer. Oh crap, my brain is now farting too!

March 4th, 2013, 6:25 pm
Profile WWW
Heisman Winner

The Chiefs released Winston........well.....so much for our LT hopes.

March 7th, 2013, 1:24 am
DayDreamer wrote:

I'm not too surprised... Winston struggled in KC for some reason.

Maybe they'll look at Gos?

This move doesn't scare me. IMO they won't move Albert to RT, and they won't draft an RT #1 overall.

March 7th, 2013, 1:39 am
Heisman Winner

wjb21ndtown wrote:
DayDreamer wrote:

This move doesn't scare me. IMO they won't move Albert to RT, and they won't draft an RT #1 overall.

But they might temporarily play the rookie at RT while Albert finishes his franchise year, not the smartest of moves but it might be possible.

March 7th, 2013, 1:52 am
DayDreamer wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
DayDreamer wrote:

But they might temporarily play the rookie at RT while Albert finishes his franchise year, not the smartest of moves but it might be possible.

It's not a bad idea, actually. Still, I don't think they'll do that.

I do, however, think this makes it less likely that they trade Albert or that tagging him was a smokescreen.

March 7th, 2013, 1:55 am
Heisman Winner

Didn't watch too many KC games, but did Winston play bad enough to be affordable?

March 7th, 2013, 4:54 am
DayDreamer wrote:
Didn't watch too many KC games, but did Winston play bad enough to be affordable?

He wasn't earning his paycheck, that's for sure. Yahoo claims that he saved the team $6.5 million dollars by releasing him. He was in the 2nd year of a 5 year, $22 million dollar deal, but he had a small signing bonus ($4 million), and cutting him only cost the Chiefs $3 million in dead money, and saved them $3.5 million in cap space, even after the dead money.

He also pulled a Raiola and got in an argument with fans at a game, etc... He wasn't a fan favorite. I honestly wouldn't mind if we looked at him for a potential RT/RG. He is talented as was proven from his time in Texas. If we can get him on the cheap it would be a great signing.

March 7th, 2013, 11:20 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Im with you, at 2-3 Mil/yr as a Swing OT/OG I like it.

March 7th, 2013, 8:42 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
DJ-B wrote:
Im with you, at 2-3 Mil/yr as a Swing OT/OG I like it.

Yup... I was thinking around $3.5-4.5 for a good, cheap RT, or really good RG with some insurance for Reiff if he struggles at RT.

March 7th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Rookie Player of the Year

Id like to see him or any quality OT brought in but I don't think it's going to happen in FA the more I think about it. They might draft the future LT but unfortunately for the team I think Mayhew is thinking to himself, "If I sign an OT in FA people are going to know I really screwed the pooch drafting Reiff."

March 7th, 2013, 10:32 pm
sweetd20 wrote:
Id like to see him or any quality OT brought in but I don't think it's going to happen in FA the more I think about it. They might draft the future LT but unfortunately for the team I think Mayhew is thinking to himself, "If I sign an OT in FA people are going to know I really screwed the pooch drafting Reiff."

As long as we field an awesome OL I don't think people will question anything. Winston and Reiff manning RG and RT would be the best right side we've had in years.

I would be a lot more comfortable trying out Reiff at LT with someone like Winston on the roster, but I can't stress enough that after last season I don't think Reiff is a capable franchise LT.

If he does plan on drafting Ansah I think a pick up along the lines of Winston/Long is a must.

March 7th, 2013, 11:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2