View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 21st, 2014, 10:06 pm



Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next
 Post your realistic perfect 2013 Lions draft scenario 
Author Message
Heisman Winner

Joined: February 10th, 2005, 6:52 pm
Posts: 801
Location: Linden, MI
Post Re: Post your realistic perfect 2013 Lions draft scenario
WJB is on the right track in the thought that the Lions need to figure out who will be the LT after Backus. I don't know for sure that they think as he does that Reiff isn't that guy, or that Backus is all done. It may be that the Lions have plans to fill the LT spot with Backus, Reiff or Fox. They seem to think they have OL who can play this year who were inactive last year. If the Lions are to succeed, their middle rd picks (Fox, T. Lewis etc) must someday develop into players and see the field. I don't think that the Lions' FO is unaware of this. I love the idea of them bolstering the OL, i just think they may use that #5 pick on a D player...

That said. Here is my list..

1-5 D. Miliner CB
2-5 Jarvis Jones - He may slide like Daquon Bowers did.. Medical stuff kills draft position.
3-5 I think here you trade back to find a rd 4 pick. say to 3-12 or so. Then we take Cyprein to pair with Delmas
4-12 Schewenke from Cal OC. push Dom to the bench
rd 5- rd 7 BPA that fits needs. As if my early picks are not need based... Looking here for fast RB, someone to return kicks and another S for depth.

_________________
OK. Schwartz is fired, the fans are happy, now what?


March 4th, 2013, 1:39 am
Profile
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Joined: October 13th, 2005, 9:03 am
Posts: 2297
Post Re: Post your realistic perfect 2013 Lions draft scenario
Crypien might not be there for the Lions at their 2nd round pick if they go S late it would have to be a guy like Shamarko Thomas. Everybody wants Delmas to be this teams Bob Sanders, well Thomas has Sanders speed and hitting ability but needs to improve his downfield coverage although I think at this point he might be better than Dlemas in that area. I like what very little I've seen of Crypien and I mean very little and think he will be an excellent pick in the 2nd round if he is still on the board.


March 4th, 2013, 3:07 pm
Profile
Online
Team MVP
User avatar

Joined: February 20th, 2007, 10:51 pm
Posts: 3325
Location: Saginaw, MI
Post Re: Post your realistic perfect 2013 Lions draft scenario
I posted a quote in the Jungle under "Offseason moves", quoting a guy tweeting that the Lions are "strongly" considering moving Reiff to guard. For those of us pushing for the Lions to take a Joeckel/Fisher, this could be big news. I dont understand any other possible reason they would do that, unless they were aiming for Jake Long, which I highly doubt.

_________________
April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.


Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011


March 5th, 2013, 8:57 pm
Profile
Post Re: Post your realistic perfect 2013 Lions draft scenario
kdsberman wrote:
I posted a quote in the Jungle under "Offseason moves", quoting a guy tweeting that the Lions are "strongly" considering moving Reiff to guard. For those of us pushing for the Lions to take a Joeckel/Fisher, this could be big news. I dont understand any other possible reason they would do that, unless they were aiming for Jake Long, which I highly doubt.


I honestly doubt his ability at RT. I'd give him a shot there, but he struggled with bull rushers as much as he did speed rushers. I think OG may be the best spot for him. That said, I'm confident that Hilliard, Fox and Reiff can fill the RT role. Through experience, training etc I'm confident those three can get it done, but this team desperately needs an LT.

Even with the injury, this makes the DeCastro pick look like the better option.


March 5th, 2013, 9:04 pm
Online
Team MVP
User avatar

Joined: February 20th, 2007, 10:51 pm
Posts: 3325
Location: Saginaw, MI
Post Re: Post your realistic perfect 2013 Lions draft scenario
wjb21ndtown wrote:
kdsberman wrote:
I posted a quote in the Jungle under "Offseason moves", quoting a guy tweeting that the Lions are "strongly" considering moving Reiff to guard. For those of us pushing for the Lions to take a Joeckel/Fisher, this could be big news. I dont understand any other possible reason they would do that, unless they were aiming for Jake Long, which I highly doubt.


I honestly doubt his ability at RT. I'd give him a shot there, but he struggled with bull rushers as much as he did speed rushers. I think OG may be the best spot for him. That said, I'm confident that Hilliard, Fox and Reiff can fill the RT role. Through experience, training etc I'm confident those three can get it done, but this team desperately needs an LT.

Even with the injury, this makes the DeCastro pick look like the better option.


Agree.
Just thinking now that with Branden Albert getting tagged and apparently only wanting to play LT, that COULD make KC pass on Joeckel and go defense. Doubt it, but more likely now.

_________________
April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.


Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011


March 5th, 2013, 9:07 pm
Profile
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)
User avatar

Joined: August 24th, 2010, 9:54 pm
Posts: 2266
Post Re: Post your realistic perfect 2013 Lions draft scenario
kdsberman wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
kdsberman wrote:
I posted a quote in the Jungle under "Offseason moves", quoting a guy tweeting that the Lions are "strongly" considering moving Reiff to guard. For those of us pushing for the Lions to take a Joeckel/Fisher, this could be big news. I dont understand any other possible reason they would do that, unless they were aiming for Jake Long, which I highly doubt.


I honestly doubt his ability at RT. I'd give him a shot there, but he struggled with bull rushers as much as he did speed rushers. I think OG may be the best spot for him. That said, I'm confident that Hilliard, Fox and Reiff can fill the RT role. Through experience, training etc I'm confident those three can get it done, but this team desperately needs an LT.

Even with the injury, this makes the DeCastro pick look like the better option.


Agree.
Just thinking now that with Branden Albert getting tagged and apparently only wanting to play LT, that COULD make KC pass on Joeckel and go defense. Doubt it, but more likely now.


The Reiff to guard thing reeks of a pre-draft smokescreen to me. If teams believe that, it expands what player we could reasonably take to just about anyone but a QB.

_________________
Driver of the Jim Caldwell bandwagon. Climb aboard.


March 5th, 2013, 11:04 pm
Profile
Butkus Award Winner

Joined: July 3rd, 2012, 2:06 am
Posts: 649
Post Re: Post your realistic perfect 2013 Lions draft scenario
Chiefs release Eric Winston. They had a plan all along. Joeckel-Albert will be a dominant duo.

_________________
Image


March 7th, 2013, 7:39 am
Profile
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)
User avatar

Joined: August 24th, 2010, 9:54 pm
Posts: 2266
Post Re: Post your realistic perfect 2013 Lions draft scenario
Shotty wrote:
Chiefs release Eric Winston. They had a plan all along. Joeckel-Albert will be a dominant duo.


Maybe so, but I don't know why you'd play either the #1 pick or a franchise tendered LT at RT.

_________________
Driver of the Jim Caldwell bandwagon. Climb aboard.


March 7th, 2013, 10:21 am
Profile
Butkus Award Winner

Joined: July 3rd, 2012, 2:06 am
Posts: 649
Post Re: Post your realistic perfect 2013 Lions draft scenario
thelomasbrowns wrote:
Shotty wrote:
Chiefs release Eric Winston. They had a plan all along. Joeckel-Albert will be a dominant duo.


Maybe so, but I don't know why you'd play either the #1 pick or a franchise tendered LT at RT.


Also beats me, being that it was just reporte that Albert doesn't want to play right tackle or guard. Maybe they bulk up Joeckel and put him at RT just for 1 year until they find a true RT, which they obviously didn't see in Winston.

_________________
Image


March 7th, 2013, 10:59 am
Profile
Post Re: Post your realistic perfect 2013 Lions draft scenario
thelomasbrowns wrote:
Shotty wrote:
Chiefs release Eric Winston. They had a plan all along. Joeckel-Albert will be a dominant duo.


Maybe so, but I don't know why you'd play either the #1 pick or a franchise tendered LT at RT.


It would give them the opportunity to never start a rookie LT. It's smart, IMO. It would allow them to play their first round pick at RT for a year, see what he has, take very little risk in keeping Albert at LT, and allow Albert to walk in 2014 with an experienced franchise OT on the roster.

OT really is that important. The fact that we ignore our OL year after year is ridiculous.


March 7th, 2013, 11:34 am
NFL Veteran

Joined: November 28th, 2007, 12:50 pm
Posts: 1349
Location: Newport Beach, Ca
Post Re: Post your realistic perfect 2013 Lions draft scenario
wjb21ndtown wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:
Shotty wrote:
Chiefs release Eric Winston. They had a plan all along. Joeckel-Albert will be a dominant duo.


Maybe so, but I don't know why you'd play either the #1 pick or a franchise tendered LT at RT.


It would give them the opportunity to never start a rookie LT. It's smart, IMO. It would allow them to play their first round pick at RT for a year, see what he has, take very little risk in keeping Albert at LT, and allow Albert to walk in 2014 with an experienced franchise OT on the roster.

OT really is that important. The fact that we ignore our OL year after year is ridiculous.


I think they have too many holes to waste such a high pick on a RT and letting Albert walk is wasting a resource also. As much as people saying Albert is an average LT(I'm one of those people) it's due to his weird technique not lack of play. Albert is actually playing at a top level it's just in such an unconventional way it makes you wonder how long it will continue to work.

I think the plan for the chiefs is to keep Albert and find another RT in free agency. This year actually has a large amount of RTs available and with so many good lineman in the draft it should bring the price down to sign one in free agency.


March 8th, 2013, 10:22 am
Profile
Veteran General Manager
User avatar

Joined: May 7th, 2005, 3:25 pm
Posts: 7282
Location: Earth/Sagittarius Dwarf Galaxy
Post Re: Post your realistic perfect 2013 Lions draft scenario
Let me start by saying that I really like all 3 OT's and Milliner and Ansah.

As such, I don't see any way that the Lions can screw up the 1st round pick.
So, here are 3 scenarios.

1st round pick: One of the OT's.
2nd round pick: Johnthan Banks, CB, Mississippi State
3rd round pick: Cornelius Washington, DE, Georgia
4th round Comp: T.J. McDonald, S, USC

1st round pick: Milliner
2nd round pick: Terron Armstead, OT, Arkansas-Pine Bluff
3rd round pick: Cornelius Washington, DE, Georgia
4th round Comp: T.J. McDonald, S, USC

1st round pick: Ansah
2nd round pick: Terron Armstead, OT, Arkansas-Pine Bluff
3rd round pick: Robert Alford, CB, Southeastern Louisiana
4th round Comp: T.J. McDonald, S, USC


March 9th, 2013, 11:34 pm
Profile
Pro Bowl Player
User avatar

Joined: April 19th, 2005, 2:10 pm
Posts: 2478
Location: Michigan
Post Re: Post your realistic perfect 2013 Lions draft scenario
5th overall - Chance Warmarck OG - Alabama
36th overall - Barrett Jones OC - Alabama

_________________
[b]New York Giants 26 - San Fransisco 3 - CandleStick Park - Who's got it better than us???[/b]


March 12th, 2013, 3:40 am
Profile WWW
Online
Team MVP
User avatar

Joined: February 20th, 2007, 10:51 pm
Posts: 3325
Location: Saginaw, MI
Post Re: Post your realistic perfect 2013 Lions draft scenario
Ferris wrote:
5th overall - Chance Warmarck OG - Alabama
36th overall - Barrett Jones OC - Alabama


Some might say Warmack is a reach at 5, but ill be honest I would love this scenario.

_________________
April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.


Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011


March 12th, 2013, 10:04 am
Profile
Post Re: Post your realistic perfect 2013 Lions draft scenario
kdsberman wrote:
Ferris wrote:
5th overall - Chance Warmarck OG - Alabama
36th overall - Barrett Jones OC - Alabama


Some might say Warmack is a reach at 5, but ill be honest I would love this scenario.


If we draft Warmack at 5 I would be disappointed with Jones in the 2nd round.

I'm all for taking an OT, or even Warmack at the top of the first, but there is some good, cheap D talent waiting there in the 2nd. I think we could get better value out of a CB, DE, S, or even LB in the 2nd if one falls. Additioanlly, IMO a true #2 WR would make a bigger impact on our offense than drafting Jones.

We have a litany of interior linemen, with Nagy, Raiola (he's likely going to play the year), Sims, the would be addition of Warmack, and the possibility that they may be looking at Reiff as an interior OL man. Heck, at that point, even a tier 2 OT would be be better than an OC, even if Jones is "the man" at the position.


March 12th, 2013, 11:33 am
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.