View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 31st, 2014, 9:42 am

Reply to topic  [ 255 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 17  Next
 Free Agency splash 
NFL Veteran

Post Re: Free Agency splash
kdsberman wrote:
Id love Glover Quin.

Well Seifert is saying they are just finding money somehow, so maybe they are going to grab both Goldson and Quin. Quin is a coverage guy and Goldson is more of a hitter with some decent coverage ability so they could easily play together.

March 12th, 2013, 10:40 am
Team MVP

rao wrote:
kdsberman wrote:
Id love Glover Quin.

Well Seifert is saying they are just finding money somehow, so maybe they are going to grab both Goldson and Quin. Quin is a coverage guy and Goldson is more of a hitter with some decent coverage ability so they could easily play together.

I have my doubts that would happen (that comes with being a Lions fan), but if it did I would be happy as hell.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

March 12th, 2013, 12:34 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Just read that PFT and John Clayton are expecting Reggie Bush to sign with the Lions.

NEVER GIVE UP!

March 12th, 2013, 1:02 pm

Not a huge fan of the idea mainly because of the price compared to a mid round pick. However the market is supposedly small, just Detroit and Arizona. With that taken into account the price should stay down but I have a feeling the cost could go up based on incentive bonuses. I have to imagine that even if Arizona offers more he will choose Detroit because of the offense and QB.

March 12th, 2013, 1:16 pm
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

I seriously hope it is a heavily back-loaded contract, but I doubt that it is.

On the positive side, IF (it's a big If) our new O-Line stands up to the test of a full 16 game season, our offense will be unstoppable, regardless of the #2 receiver.

March 12th, 2013, 1:45 pm
RIP Killer

Not a fan. Actually, I hate the signing. Bush is overrated and not worth the money. You can find Aaron brown type backs anywhere in the draft.

March 12th, 2013, 2:03 pm
Team MVP

conversion02 wrote:
Not a fan. Actually, I hate the signing. Bush is overrated and not worth the money. You can find Aaron brown type backs anywhere in the draft.

Agree. Andre Ellington, Mike Gillislie....all could fill that vacancy. And for a fraction of the price. If Bush gets signed, mark another one down for Mayhew. :roll:

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

March 12th, 2013, 2:07 pm
RIP Killer

Dumb move if they do sign Bush. I think he can make the offense better, but not at the price I believe he would be signed for. The Lions need to stop looking for the big names at skill positions and do a better job of upgrading the offensive line. Make that improvement and this offense becomes a juggernaut. Right now, even by adding Bush, it is nothing more than above average to good.

I'd really rather they spent the money on Chris Houston and a good coverage safety.

March 12th, 2013, 2:26 pm
Heisman Winner

I love the Bush signing if it happens. Over 1000 yards two years ago with a 5.0 ypc, and almost 1000 last year with a 4.3. If you could find him in the draft like everyone says, it'd of happened by now. He's been a completely different player the past 2 seasons compared to his first 5.

March 12th, 2013, 2:28 pm
RIP Killer

And Miami had a much, much better run blocking line than the lions. Best had a nice 4.6 ypc before he got hurt in 2011. Yeah, numbers are nice, but think how easily those could have a been consistent 5+ ypc if the line would have made blocks like they were supposed to.

March 12th, 2013, 2:43 pm

Just read that Arizona has bowed out and that Bush to Detroit is a "done deal".

NEVER GIVE UP!

March 12th, 2013, 3:02 pm
Butkus Award Winner

Bush to Detroit is basically official. Says he's signing very soon after FA signing period officially begins.

http://nflspinzone.com/2013/03/12/reggi ... cardinals/

Really hoping we aren't giving him any more than $3 million a year. And to those saying a player like him can be found in the draft, I don't think so. He can catch very well out of the backfield, play in the slot, return kicks, and of course be a good runningback. He will be a huge part of the team.

March 12th, 2013, 3:12 pm
Team MVP

Shotty wrote:
Bush to Detroit is basically official. Says he's signing very soon after FA signing period officially begins.

http://nflspinzone.com/2013/03/12/reggi ... cardinals/

Really hoping we aren't giving him any more than $3 million a year. And to those saying a player like him can be found in the draft, I don't think so. He can catch very well out of the backfield, play in the slot, return kicks, and of course be a good runningback. He will be a huge part of the team.

Thats the thing, it better be for cheap.

March 12th, 2013, 3:39 pm
NFL Veteran

kdsberman wrote:
conversion02 wrote:

Agree. Andre Ellington, Mike Gillislie....all could fill that vacancy. And for a fraction of the price. If Bush gets signed, mark another one down for Mayhew. :roll:

The lions already have Andre Ellington, he goes by the name Joique Bell, but he's bigger. Gillislie is basically Leshoure and is a north south guy that isn't allusive. There isn't a guy like Bush in the draft, there isn't even a Javid Best in this draft. A common trait in this years draft is RBs that are weak in space or lack homerun speed. Javid Best and Bush both have the ability to move well in space and definitely have the required speed to make someone pay. The Bush signing will still depend on how much they paid him, but this years crop of RBs should have no factor because there isn't a similar guy this year.

Edited to add: The real thing we should compare the Bush signing to will be how much Leon Washington gets once he's released. He's everything this team needs in what will probably be an incredibly cheap price.

March 12th, 2013, 3:43 pm
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Asomugha was just released....damn! I hope the Lions didn't use up all the cap space for Bush.

March 12th, 2013, 3:49 pm
Reply to topic   [ 255 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 17  Next