View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 24th, 2014, 3:17 am

Reply to topic  [ 255 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 17  Next
 Free Agency splash 
Team MVP

Post Re: Free Agency splash
DayDreamer wrote:
Asomugha was just released....damn! I hope the Lions didn't use up all the cap space for Bush.

Unless Asomugha can run the ball or be a receiver, Mayhew wont sign him. He only signs RBs, WRs, or washed up/worthless CBs.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

March 12th, 2013, 3:52 pm
RIP Killer

Well, he looked pretty worthless last year.

March 12th, 2013, 3:54 pm
1st Round Pick

kdsberman wrote:
DayDreamer wrote:
Asomugha was just released....damn! I hope the Lions didn't use up all the cap space for Bush.

Unless Asomugha can run the ball or be a receiver, Mayhew wont sign him. He only signs RBs, WRs, or washed up/worthless CBs.

Isn't that the reason the Eagles who currently have no CBs are releasing Nnamdi? Sounds like exactly the type of guy you say Mayhew signs.

March 12th, 2013, 3:55 pm
Team MVP

rao wrote:
kdsberman wrote:
DayDreamer wrote:

Isn't that the reason the Eagles who currently have no CBs are releasing Nnamdi? Sounds like exactly the type of guy you say Mayhew signs.

everyone was worthless in philly last year.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

March 12th, 2013, 3:56 pm
Mr. Irrelevant

So, now Pilly has released it's starting corners, seems like they could go corner with their 1st pick.

March 12th, 2013, 4:01 pm
Team MVP

liontrax wrote:
So, now Pilly has released it's starting corners, seems like they could go corner with their 1st pick.

Very true. Our luck the Jags or Raiders take Fisher. ](*,)

March 12th, 2013, 4:02 pm
Team MVP

Clayton just reported Lions are after Asomugha or DeAngelo Hall.

March 12th, 2013, 4:03 pm
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

kdsberman wrote:

Nice, I'd take Nnamdi over Hall. As bad as he was at Philly, he still can be the guy he was at Oakland, not just talented but a leader. The "dream team" was jinxed from day 1, no one came out of it better than they went in, but the flip side is that he might be cheap.

DeAngelo Hall on the other hand is the exact opposite, he never was all that talented, and we all know his character issues. So, unless there is a huuge price differential, I'll take Asomugha over Hall any day.

March 12th, 2013, 4:15 pm
Team MVP

DayDreamer wrote:
kdsberman wrote:

Nice, I'd take Nnamdi over Hall. As bad as he was at Philly, he still can be the guy he was at Oakland, not just talented but a leader. The "dream team" was jinxed from day 1, no one came out of it better than they went in, but the flip side is that he might be cheap.

DeAngelo Hall on the other hand is the exact opposite, he never was all that talented, and we all know his character issues. So, unless there is a huuge price differential, I'll take Asomugha over Hall any day.

Me too.

March 12th, 2013, 4:22 pm
Butkus Award Winner

How about Michael Bennett? Dude's an absolute beast against the run (complete opposite of Cliff Avril) and showed signs of pass-rushing skill last year. If he will take $6-7 million a year, Mayhew needs to jump on it.

Hope we get Nnamdi. He's not nearly as bad as he's said to be. Still a top 10 CB in my opinion, bottom of the list of course, though.

March 12th, 2013, 4:29 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Report is that Bush is in Allen Park and that Seattle's DL Jason Jones is also scheduled for a visit.

NEVER GIVE UP!

March 12th, 2013, 4:33 pm
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Bills released Fitzpatrick. Does that mean they're open to trading up for a QB?

I'd trade down if both the LTs are gone by the time we pick.

March 12th, 2013, 4:33 pm
1st Round Pick

Shotty wrote:
How about Michael Bennett? Dude's an absolute beast against the run (complete opposite of Cliff Avril) and showed signs of pass-rushing skill last year. If he will take $6-7 million a year, Mayhew needs to jump on it.

Hope we get Nnamdi. He's not nearly as bad as he's said to be. Still a top 10 CB in my opinion, bottom of the list of course, though.

I doubt Bennett will come cheap he's Young and one of the top guys available this year.

March 12th, 2013, 4:34 pm
RIP Killer

Ill take nmandi for $2M per. Of course, I think hall is better and he sure played better last year to boot, while being a lot cheaper

March 12th, 2013, 4:38 pm
Modmin Dude

PFT wrote:
Lions want to get Bush signed before he leaves town
Posted by Mike Florio on March 12, 2013, 4:25 PM EDT

Reggie Bush is now a free agent, for the first time in his career. Per multiple sources, he’ll visit the Lions first.

The Lions, we’re told, are nervous about Bush leaving without a contract. The market has heated up for Bush as free agency approached.

The Cardinals also are interested in Bush. As mentioned earlier in the afternoon, Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III wants Bush in Washington.

Some think Bush is destined to land a deal that pays, on average, $3 million to $4 million per year. He was paid a base salary of $4.5 million in 2012 by Miami.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... aves-town/

Joe Fauria, MVP!

March 12th, 2013, 4:41 pm
Reply to topic   [ 255 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 17  Next