View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 28th, 2014, 3:18 am



Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Percy Harvin TRADED to Seattle 
Author Message
NFL Veteran

Joined: November 28th, 2007, 12:50 pm
Posts: 1349
Location: Newport Beach, Ca
Post Re: Percy Harvin TRADED to Seattle
BillySims wrote:
Wayne Fontes wrote:
Apparently Seattle has made a big move to help their chances at winning a Super Bowl by adding Percy Harvin.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -physical/

I'm sure we can all say "Good Riddance" to Harvin. I'll be happy to not see him twice a year anymore!


I am weighing in a bit late on this subject, and I haven't read the rest of the thread yet.

But, this trade really urinates in my Cornflakes so to speak.

Why is it, that when any other team gets a problem child, someone else will bail them out and trade for that problem child? But, no-one ever bails us out of a problem child. EVER!!!! To top it off, Seattle way over paid for Harvin. A 1st and 6th this year and either a 3rd or 4th next year? That's more than we got for Roy Williams. And Roy was never a problem child with us.


The Lions problems don't produce. No matter how much Harvin was a pain in the rectum he never disappointed when he was on the field. Harvin is going to put up top tier numbers as long as he doesn't injure himself.

Roy Williams had a lackadaisical attitude and it got even worse when he got back home to Texas. The Lions lost nothing and gained good picks, how can you be irritated by making the better deal.


Last edited by rao on March 12th, 2013, 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.



March 12th, 2013, 10:29 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: January 26th, 2005, 9:34 pm
Posts: 10288
Location: Sycamore, IL
Post Re: Percy Harvin TRADED to Seattle
Like Roy Williams?

_________________
_____
I have no faith this team will win a game the rest of the year. The kitties finish at 7-9 and Miss the playoffs as GB wins out and takes it from the kitties.
Image


March 12th, 2013, 10:33 pm
Profile
Veteran General Manager
User avatar

Joined: May 7th, 2005, 3:25 pm
Posts: 7289
Location: Earth/Sagittarius Dwarf Galaxy
Post Re: Percy Harvin TRADED to Seattle
rao wrote:
BillySims wrote:
Wayne Fontes wrote:
Apparently Seattle has made a big move to help their chances at winning a Super Bowl by adding Percy Harvin.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -physical/

I'm sure we can all say "Good Riddance" to Harvin. I'll be happy to not see him twice a year anymore!


I am weighing in a bit late on this subject, and I haven't read the rest of the thread yet.

But, this trade really urinates in my Cornflakes so to speak.

Why is it, that when any other team gets a problem child, someone else will bail them out and trade for that problem child? But, no-one ever bails us out of a problem child. EVER!!!! To top it off, Seattle way over paid for Harvin. A 1st and 6th this year and either a 3rd or 4th next year? That's more than we got for Roy Williams. And Roy was never a problem child with us.


The Lions problems don't produce. No matter how much Harvin was a pain in the rectum he never disappointed when he was on the field. Harvin is going to put up top tier numbers as long as he doesn't injure himself.

Roy Williams had a lackadaisical attitude and it got even worse when he got back home to Texas. The Lions lost nothing and gained good picks, how can you be irritated by making the better deal.


I'm not irritated at all about us trading Roy. I was just saying that he was not a problem child when we traded him. And the Vikings got more for Harvin after he became a problem child than we got for Roy. And I think Roy, ( at the time he was traded ), was better than Harvin is.

What I am irritated by is that the Vikings are the beneficiary of Seattle, significantly,over paying for Harvin.


March 12th, 2013, 11:24 pm
Profile
NFL Veteran

Joined: November 28th, 2007, 12:50 pm
Posts: 1349
Location: Newport Beach, Ca
Post Re: Percy Harvin TRADED to Seattle
BillySims wrote:
rao wrote:
BillySims wrote:
Wayne Fontes wrote:
Apparently Seattle has made a big move to help their chances at winning a Super Bowl by adding Percy Harvin.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -physical/

I'm sure we can all say "Good Riddance" to Harvin. I'll be happy to not see him twice a year anymore!


I am weighing in a bit late on this subject, and I haven't read the rest of the thread yet.

But, this trade really urinates in my Cornflakes so to speak.

Why is it, that when any other team gets a problem child, someone else will bail them out and trade for that problem child? But, no-one ever bails us out of a problem child. EVER!!!! To top it off, Seattle way over paid for Harvin. A 1st and 6th this year and either a 3rd or 4th next year? That's more than we got for Roy Williams. And Roy was never a problem child with us.


The Lions problems don't produce. No matter how much Harvin was a pain in the rectum he never disappointed when he was on the field. Harvin is going to put up top tier numbers as long as he doesn't injure himself.

Roy Williams had a lackadaisical attitude and it got even worse when he got back home to Texas. The Lions lost nothing and gained good picks, how can you be irritated by making the better deal.


I'm not irritated at all about us trading Roy. I was just saying that he was not a problem child when we traded him. And the Vikings got more for Harvin after he became a problem child than we got for Roy. And I think Roy, ( at the time he was traded ), was better than Harvin is.

What I am irritated by is that the Vikings are the beneficiary of Seattle, significantly,over paying for Harvin.


I think Harvin is a much better WR than Roy ever was. Harvin isn't your traditional WR1, but he is probably the most dynamic player at WR today and can easily be the primary target. That's probably where we differ on the compensation. I don't see Seattle as overpaying, they convinced the Vikings to part with their second best offensive weapon and only WR. The Vikings didn't have to trade Harvin and weren't going to let him go for less than a great deal. He may have been a headache, but the Vikings had more than enough leverage to not move him unless someone wanted to convince them too. Mayhew did the same thing with Roy since they had CJ and Roy was no longer needed. Roy wasn't a "problem child" in the way Harvin is, but he had his baggage with his lack of aggressiveness on the field which really showed up in Dallas.


March 12th, 2013, 11:57 pm
Profile
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Joined: October 13th, 2005, 9:03 am
Posts: 2297
Post Re: Percy Harvin TRADED to Seattle
The reasons the Seahawks gave up so much are all linked to Carroll. Pete has had a love affair with Harvin since he was a high schooler and was heavily recruiting him to attend USC. The second reason is Carroll is looking at where the Seahawks and himself are at right now and he figures there is likely at most a three year window. He is one of the oldest coaches in the league so he won't be around for the long haul, Lynch probably has one maybe two good years left in him, and they are loaded with young talent that is going to be leaving for bigger paydays. For just about any other team I think the price was too high but the Seahwaks are in a win now and figure things out later mode.


March 13th, 2013, 6:09 am
Profile
Post Re: Percy Harvin TRADED to Seattle
Roy was garbage even when he was in Detroit. I never liked the guy, his flat feet, or his play, and you all called me a "hater" for it. I don't dislike guys just because they're on our team, I thought he was a slow possession WR, and that's exactly what he was and that was found out in Dallas.

Harvin was a good "loss" for Minny. I don't think Harvin would be "as injured" if he played for a respectable team, but he's not a "loyal" turn it around kind of player. He's more of a bandwagon, the team has to turn around before his attitude changes kind of guy, and he's going to get that in Seattle.


March 13th, 2013, 11:06 am
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman
User avatar

Joined: March 30th, 2006, 12:48 am
Posts: 3750
Location: Davison Mi
Post Re: Percy Harvin TRADED to Seattle
wjb21ndtown wrote:
Roy was garbage even when he was in Detroit. I never liked the guy, his flat feet, or his play, and you all called me a "hater" for it. I don't dislike guys just because they're on our team, I thought he was a slow possession WR, and that's exactly what he was and that was found out in Dallas.

Harvin was a good "loss" for Minny. I don't think Harvin would be "as injured" if he played for a respectable team, but he's not a "loyal" turn it around kind of player. He's more of a bandwagon, the team has to turn around before his attitude changes kind of guy, and he's going to get that in Seattle.


I agree about Roy. I nevber liked the way he couldn't get those huge clown like feet under him after the catch. He always seemed to stumble after catching the ball making his YAC rediculously low. when you add in the fact that it seemed impossible for him to catch the "easy"" balls and I was not a fan.

_________________
2013 Lionbacker Fantasy Football Champion


March 13th, 2013, 11:16 am
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: January 26th, 2005, 9:34 pm
Posts: 10288
Location: Sycamore, IL
Post Re: Percy Harvin TRADED to Seattle
Wjb, you weren't the only one excited to dump Roy. Everyone was tired of his BS. He was lazy, he wasn't a leader. How balls hit that chump in the chest or the face mask? He'd make a one hand behind the back catch and drop 2 more right in the breadbasket.

And how can you say that about Harvin when the vikes had a damn good shot at winning the division? If his headache riddled rectum would have played all year, they probably would have won the division. The team did turn around, Harvin didn't. I think this is a bigger win for minny, by a long shot

_________________
_____
I have no faith this team will win a game the rest of the year. The kitties finish at 7-9 and Miss the playoffs as GB wins out and takes it from the kitties.
Image


March 13th, 2013, 11:18 am
Profile
Post Re: Percy Harvin TRADED to Seattle
conversion02 wrote:
Wjb, you weren't the only one excited to dump Roy. Everyone was tired of his BS. He was lazy, he wasn't a leader. How balls hit that chump in the chest or the face mask? He'd make a one hand behind the back catch and drop 2 more right in the breadbasket.

And how can you say that about Harvin when the vikes had a damn good shot at winning the division? If his headache riddled rectum would have played all year, they probably would have won the division. The team did turn around, Harvin didn't. I think this is a bigger win for minny, by a long shot


I don't think Harvin (or anyone else in the NFL) really believed in Minny's shot at really doing anything, playoff potential or not.


March 13th, 2013, 11:20 am
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman
User avatar

Joined: March 30th, 2006, 12:48 am
Posts: 3750
Location: Davison Mi
Post Re: Percy Harvin TRADED to Seattle
conversion02 wrote:
Wjb, you weren't the only one excited to dump Roy. Everyone was tired of his BS. He was lazy, he wasn't a leader. How balls hit that chump in the chest or the face mask? He'd make a one hand behind the back catch and drop 2 more right in the breadbasket.

And how can you say that about Harvin when the vikes had a damn good shot at winning the division? If his headache riddled rectum would have played all year, they probably would have won the division. The team did turn around, Harvin didn't. I think this is a bigger win for minny, by a long shot


All I can say about the trade is that the NFC west is going to be very interesting this year between SF and Seattle...Very interesting indeed!

Imagine how good that division would be if AZ got a qb!
best division in football, is what it would be!

_________________
2013 Lionbacker Fantasy Football Champion


March 13th, 2013, 11:20 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.