View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 1st, 2014, 6:34 pm

Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 FA Day II 
Post Re: FA Day II
regularjoe12 wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
TheRealWags wrote:
A little more on Bush:
PFT wrote:
Report: Lions offering Reggie Bush starting job
Posted by Josh Alper on March 13, 2013, 8:46 AM EDT

The Lions want Reggie Bush to sign a contract with them before he goes to visit any other teams.

According to Jason Cole of Yahoo! Sports, part of the package that they’ll be offering Bush is the chance to be their starting running back ahead of Mikel Leshoure. That would seem to be significant for a player who proved in Miami that he could handle a more rigorous workload than he had in New Orleans, especially with some of the other teams perceived to be bidding for his services unable to offer the same kind of playing time.

The Redskins have Alfred Morris and the Bengals have BenJarvus Green-Ellis, players who would at least split time with Bush and might even push him into more of a passing down role. Bruce Arians has talked up Ryan Williams in Arizona, although it’s less clear how things would shake out since we’ve seen so little of Williams during his first two professional seasons.

The Cardinals have quarterback issues that none of the other three teams have, however, and that would likely be on Bush’s mind before choosing his next destination.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... rting-job/
Perhaps if Bush does sign, we'll get to see what Schwartz & Co wanted w/Best & LeShoure...

Bush doesn't deserve a starting role. Again, this is a stupid move that's going to cost us too much money and produce too little. It's more of the same - flash in the pan garbage.

IMO if Linehan needs a pass catching RB to run his offense, he has to go. We can't have our entire offense relying on one guy, and AGAIN it will be relying on an injury prone guy... No thanks...

We never seem to learn...

you yourself said we a re only a few players away from having a GREAT offense. if we get one of of the Tackles in the draft and either a RT or a guard, Bush can be an add that takes us over that hump. Personally i'd like to use that money on D, but I see where they are going with this kind of move.

think N.O. the year they picked up Breese...

No, no and no...

I never said we need an RB to be a great offense. We are an LT, OG, RT (admittedly Reiff can handle at least one of those positions) and #2 WR away from being a great offense. Adding a "starting" RB is more of a luxury and, IMO isn't money well spent.

March 13th, 2013, 11:44 am
NFL Veteran

kdsberman wrote:
Houston got 5 year/$25 million

I think that's where everyone expected to see him. He's a good CB that can handle the #1 spot but would make a great #2.

March 13th, 2013, 11:54 am
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

wjb21ndtown wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
TheRealWags wrote:
A little more on Bush:
PFT wrote:
Report: Lions offering Reggie Bush starting job
Posted by Josh Alper on March 13, 2013, 8:46 AM EDT

The Lions want Reggie Bush to sign a contract with them before he goes to visit any other teams.

According to Jason Cole of Yahoo! Sports, part of the package that they’ll be offering Bush is the chance to be their starting running back ahead of Mikel Leshoure. That would seem to be significant for a player who proved in Miami that he could handle a more rigorous workload than he had in New Orleans, especially with some of the other teams perceived to be bidding for his services unable to offer the same kind of playing time.

The Redskins have Alfred Morris and the Bengals have BenJarvus Green-Ellis, players who would at least split time with Bush and might even push him into more of a passing down role. Bruce Arians has talked up Ryan Williams in Arizona, although it’s less clear how things would shake out since we’ve seen so little of Williams during his first two professional seasons.

The Cardinals have quarterback issues that none of the other three teams have, however, and that would likely be on Bush’s mind before choosing his next destination.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... rting-job/
Perhaps if Bush does sign, we'll get to see what Schwartz & Co wanted w/Best & LeShoure...

Bush doesn't deserve a starting role. Again, this is a stupid move that's going to cost us too much money and produce too little. It's more of the same - flash in the pan garbage.

IMO if Linehan needs a pass catching RB to run his offense, he has to go. We can't have our entire offense relying on one guy, and AGAIN it will be relying on an injury prone guy... No thanks...

We never seem to learn...

you yourself said we a re only a few players away from having a GREAT offense. if we get one of of the Tackles in the draft and either a RT or a guard, Bush can be an add that takes us over that hump. Personally i'd like to use that money on D, but I see where they are going with this kind of move.

think N.O. the year they picked up Breese...

No, no and no...

I never said we need an RB to be a great offense. We are an LT, OG, RT (admittedly Reiff can handle at least one of those positions) and #2 WR away from being a great offense. Adding a "starting" RB is more of a luxury and, IMO isn't money well spent.

as far as how'd you'd build the team anyhow...

Fixing the line we agree on, getting a skill position guy who can take the heat from Calvin CAN come in the form of a RB. it doesn't HAVE to be a #2 WR. Like him or no, Reggie has to be accounted for on the field. thats one more pair eyes off of Calvin.

March 13th, 2013, 11:58 am
Rookie Player of the Year

As long as they don't overspend on the signing bonus I think I can be okay with Bush in a Lion's uni. The best thing a player like Bush is going to do for the team is open up the middle if the field and not force the receivers and Stafford to have to work through so much garbage. If he lines up out wide or runs a wheel route he is going to garnish the attention of at least a LB or S if not both. That alone takes at least one if not two guys out of the box not to mention the other S that has to help on Calvin.

March 13th, 2013, 12:08 pm
NFL Veteran

Looks like they have their 3rd DT with Jason Jones. I hope he didn't cost too much so they can offset some of that Suh money.

March 13th, 2013, 12:12 pm
RIP Killer

http://blogs.seattletimes.com/seahawks/ ... oit-lions/

Seattle Times wrote:
Jason Jones leaves Seahawks for Detroit Lions

Defensive tackle Jason Jones will sign with the Detroit Lions, according to his agent Mike McCartney.

Jones signed with Seattle as a free agent last year, a former second-round pick who came to the Seahawks on a one-year deal. He was added to be a pass-rushing defensive tackle on third downs and also provide depth. He had three sacks in 12 games, and was placed on injured reserve after suffering a knee injury that required surgery.

Seattle coach Pete Carroll already stated the team needed to add multiple pass-rushers this offseason, and Jones’ departure will only underscore that. Last year, Bruce Irvin and Chris Clemons combined to account for more than half the team’s total of 36 sacks. No other player on the team had more than three sacks.

@MikeMcCartney7 tweeted - Excited for Jason Jones to be in Honolulu Blue after agreeing to terms with the @DetroitLionsNFL

March 13th, 2013, 12:12 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

@RapSheet: The #Lions have reached an agreement with Reggie Bush. #Thatwasfast #freeagency

March 13th, 2013, 1:24 pm
Profile WWW
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Pablo wrote:
@RapSheet: The #Lions have reached an agreement with Reggie Bush. #Thatwasfast #freeagency

I was coming here to say that ESPN is reporting the same thing.

NEVER GIVE UP!

March 13th, 2013, 1:26 pm
Heisman Winner

Yup, nfl.com confirms it, Bush is signed for 4 years, no info on the money yet.

March 13th, 2013, 1:50 pm
Modmin Dude

March 13th, 2013, 1:58 pm
RIP Killer

Man, if we can sign Jake Long we will have one of the top two picks from five straight drafts (Bush #2 in 06', CJ #2 in 07', Long #1 in 08', Staff #1 in 09', Suh #2 in 10')

March 13th, 2013, 2:06 pm
Profile WWW
Pop Warner Vet

Ladies and Gentleman...we got him.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... roit-lions

Quote:
The Detroit Lions were determined not to let Reggie Bush get out of town, in fear of losing their man to the Arizona Cardinals or Cincinnati Bengals.

Dangling the opportunity to be a full-time player, starting over holdovers Mikel Leshoure and Joique Bell, the Lions landed another weapon for Matthew Stafford on Wednesday. Bush signed a four-year contract, the team announced Wednesday.

March 13th, 2013, 2:08 pm
Modmin Dude

Me likey...just waiting for the contract numbers, but I've read somewhere around $5mil/year

March 13th, 2013, 2:29 pm
NFL Veteran

Pablo wrote:
Man, if we can sign Jake Long we will have one of the top two picks from five straight drafts (Bush #2 in 06', CJ #2 in 07', Long #1 in 08', Staff #1 in 09', Suh #2 in 10')

Sorry Pablo, the Rams ruined your fun.

March 13th, 2013, 2:32 pm
Team MVP

TheRealWags wrote:
Me likey...just waiting for the contract numbers, but I've read somewhere around $5mil/year

Id be ok with that. 5mil/year would be the most i would do.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

March 13th, 2013, 2:32 pm
Reply to topic   [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next