View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 21st, 2014, 4:14 pm

Reply to topic  [ 255 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 17  Next
 Free Agency splash 
Team MVP

Post Re: Free Agency splash
Shotty wrote:
BillySims wrote:
Shotty wrote:
Houston: 5 years, $25M
Quin: 5 years, $25M
Jones: 3 years, $9.5M
Bush: 4 years, $16M

Not too shabby for a team that is totally PH$%^ed according to someone. LOL.

Lmao.. I think he's about ready to change his mind, and will do so if we get Darrius Heyeard Bey, resign delmas and have a good draft. There's no denying that is a playoff team.

I wouldn't say playoff team yet.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

March 13th, 2013, 11:28 pm
QB Coach

Houston's contract breakdown is pretty good too. Base salaries of $1m, $3.5M, $4.5M, $4.5M and $5M with a signing bonus of $6.5M so cap hits of 2.3, 4.8, 5.8, 5.8 and 6.3. Not bad for a solid starting corner.

Still waiting on the Quin breakdown but we should be in pretty good shape these next 2 years and even better if Stafford signs a new deal.

March 13th, 2013, 11:55 pm
3rd Round Selection

Shotty wrote:
There's no denying that is a playoff team.

Please, Shotty - no more of these predictions. :lol: You are the master of the jinx.

Please predict an 0-16 season for us ... :D

March 14th, 2013, 5:37 am
Heisman Winner

Any news on KVB? I haven't heard anything, I hope they bring him back at a vet minimum.

March 14th, 2013, 6:24 am
Butkus Award Winner

UK Lion wrote:
Shotty wrote:
There's no denying that is a playoff team.

Please, Shotty - no more of these predictions. :lol: You are the master of the jinx.

Please predict an 0-16 season for us ... :D

LOL, nah man, I didn't mean we're a playoff team right now, but if we do those things (get a fast guy to stretch the field, resign Delmas) and fill some needs with good players in the draft, we'll be in great shape.

March 14th, 2013, 6:40 am
Team MVP

No news on Michael Bennet that I've heard. Hopefully his price will go down, that would be a solid signing.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

March 14th, 2013, 7:45 am
Butkus Award Winner

kdsberman wrote:
No news on Michael Bennet that I've heard. Hopefully his price will go down, that would be a solid signing.

Getting him would mean we take any DE off the board at #5, which is huge IMO. If its less than 6.5 mill a year Mayhew needs to get him to make this offseason great.

March 14th, 2013, 7:51 am
League MVP

I liked the signings yesterday but I feel we may have overpaid Houston given the quality and quantity of corners on the market. Quinn I believe will prove to be the best of the signings. Reggie Bush fits the prototype of what we wanted but besides availability Im not sure he s as good as Jahvid Best was. Jason Jones IMO is better as a pass rushing DT than as a DE but I think we will be using him as a starting DE where I think he will still be an improvement over what KVB had left last season.

Regardless, the signings yesterday helped patch up some huge holes. Lions should still be in the market for a rotational DT, possibly another starting DE, and I d like to see them bring in at least one more veteran in the secondary whether its a CB or a S. Im okay with them trying to fill the OLB spot from within. Offensively, I wouldnt mind seeing them add a WR who can field punts. Otherwise we may see them in the draft taking another WR within the first three rounds.

March 14th, 2013, 8:02 am
Modmin Dude

PFT wrote:
Another new number for Reggie Bush
Posted by Mike Florio on March 14, 2013, 9:08 AM EDT

Reggie Bush is joining his third NFL team. And he’ll have his third different number.

Bush will wear No. 21 for the Lions, according to the team’s official Twitter account.

When Bush was drafted by the Saints in 2006, he petitioned the league to change the rule limiting running backs to numbers from 20 to 49, so that he could import his trademark No. 5 from USC. The request was denied, and he purchased No. 25 from Fred McAfee.

In Miami, Bush shifted to No. 22. In Detroit, Bush has squatted on No. 21. (No. 22 wasn’t available; as several of you have pointed out, it was retired in honor of Bobby Layne. And that wasn’t enough to get him to lift the curse.)

And, of course, the link in the tweet from the Lions’ official Twitter page leads to the site at which Bush’s jersey can be purchased.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ggie-bush/

March 14th, 2013, 9:25 am
Div 1 - Starter

Ugh. I've seen some comments about maybe signing Darrius Heyward-Bey. NO thank you. I wouldn't want a speedy outside receiver with stone hands at any price. Had too many of those on the team already.

March 14th, 2013, 11:48 am
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

JL wrote:
Ugh. I've seen some comments about maybe signing Darrius Heyward-Bey. NO thank you. I wouldn't want a speedy outside receiver with stone hands at any price. Had too many of those on the team already.

wha? you didn't like the Az Ahkim and Bill Schroeder combo?? :wink:

March 14th, 2013, 11:53 am
Butkus Award Winner

JL wrote:

His hands aren't as bad as they're thought to be, and he's not just speedy, the guy is faster than Jahvid Best was. Add the fact that he'd be up against number 2 corners every down and have to beat out the other guy to start, and signing him would only be good if he comes cheap.

March 14th, 2013, 11:55 am
Walk On

TheRealWags wrote:
PFT wrote:
Another new number for Reggie Bush
Posted by Mike Florio on March 14, 2013, 9:08 AM EDT

Reggie Bush is joining his third NFL team. And he’ll have his third different number.

Bush will wear No. 21 for the Lions, according to the team’s official Twitter account.

When Bush was drafted by the Saints in 2006, he petitioned the league to change the rule limiting running backs to numbers from 20 to 49, so that he could import his trademark No. 5 from USC. The request was denied, and he purchased No. 25 from Fred McAfee.

In Miami, Bush shifted to No. 22. In Detroit, Bush has squatted on No. 21. (No. 22 wasn’t available; as several of you have pointed out, it was retired in honor of Bobby Layne. And that wasn’t enough to get him to lift the curse.)

And, of course, the link in the tweet from the Lions’ official Twitter page leads to the site at which Bush’s jersey can be purchased.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ggie-bush/

I like that number, good choice Reggie (21). It's plucked down between three of the Lion greats. Barry Sanders (20), Billy Sims (20), & Bobby Lane (22). Hopefully he'll do enough to join that company in his short time.

March 14th, 2013, 12:05 pm
Walk On

JL wrote:

You no what's great about this forum, no one actually have control of who gets signed. An for cheap, DHB would be a asset. I'm a true believer, Oakland makes players bad ala Randy Moss. You don't know any players real potential until they leave Oakland. Yes even JaMarcus Russell. They're horrible at player development.

March 14th, 2013, 12:11 pm
Walk On

kdsberman wrote:

He's not in our building, is he?

March 14th, 2013, 12:52 pm
Reply to topic   [ 255 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 17  Next