View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 27th, 2014, 9:22 am

Reply to topic  [ 255 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
 Free Agency splash 
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

Post Re: Free Agency splash
Mufasa wrote:
JL wrote:
Ugh. I've seen some comments about maybe signing Darrius Heyward-Bey. NO thank you. I wouldn't want a speedy outside receiver with stone hands at any price. Had too many of those on the team already.

You no what's great about this forum, no one actually have control of who gets signed. An for cheap, DHB would be a asset. I'm a true believer, Oakland makes players bad ala Randy Moss. You don't know any players real potential until they leave Oakland. Yes even JaMarcus Russell. They're horrible at player development.

oh quit suckin up to Pablo :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

March 14th, 2013, 12:59 pm
RIP Killer

regularjoe12 wrote:
Mufasa wrote:
JL wrote:
Ugh. I've seen some comments about maybe signing Darrius Heyward-Bey. NO thank you. I wouldn't want a speedy outside receiver with stone hands at any price. Had too many of those on the team already.

You no what's great about this forum, no one actually have control of who gets signed. An for cheap, DHB would be a asset. I'm a true believer, Oakland makes players bad ala Randy Moss. You don't know any players real potential until they leave Oakland. Yes even JaMarcus Russell. They're horrible at player development.

oh quit suckin up to Pablo :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

regularjoe12 wins LB Poster of the Day!

March 14th, 2013, 1:34 pm
Profile WWW
rao wrote:
$4M/yr is a good deal for a starting RB with his versatility and the way it's structured is great also. This offense was incredibly good with Best and a bad online, I can't see how it's not going to be good with Bush.

Getting Bush without putting to much hurt on their small amount of cap space was a big win in my eyes.

I disagree... What's the over/under as to how many games Bush is going to be healthy for? 10? I'll take the under for a buck... Further, I don't think Bush is going to be able to do what Best did here. He's not as fast, period.

The Legend wrote:
I liked the signings yesterday but I feel we may have overpaid Houston given the quality and quantity of corners on the market. Quinn I believe will prove to be the best of the signings. Reggie Bush fits the prototype of what we wanted but besides availability Im not sure he s as good as Jahvid Best was. Jason Jones IMO is better as a pass rushing DT than as a DE but I think we will be using him as a starting DE where I think he will still be an improvement over what KVB had left last season.

Regardless, the signings yesterday helped patch up some huge holes. Lions should still be in the market for a rotational DT, possibly another starting DE, and I d like to see them bring in at least one more veteran in the secondary whether its a CB or a S. Im okay with them trying to fill the OLB spot from within. Offensively, I wouldnt mind seeing them add a WR who can field punts. Otherwise we may see them in the draft taking another WR within the first three rounds.

I largely agree with you. I think we over-paid for Bush, and that's the only reason he came here. I don't think anyone else was looking at him as a starting back, and I think his next best offer was at least $500k lower to be a 3rd down back/punt returner. I doubt we'll have him return punts. IMO we're stupid if we do... He's already a glass-house, and we've seen what line can (or can't) do without a pass catching RB.

BillySims wrote:
Shotty wrote:
Houston: 5 years, $25M
Quin: 5 years, $25M
Jones: 3 years, $9.5M
Bush: 4 years, $16M

Not too shabby for a team that is totally PH$%^ed according to someone. LOL.

Really? Over-paying for a position that wasn't even a "hole" while not having a starting LT, or possibly even a starting RT on the roster? No real starting caliber DEs, we're still short a starting caliber LB, CB, and at least one S... I'd still say we're phucked...

Shotty wrote:
BillySims wrote:
Shotty wrote:
Houston: 5 years, $25M
Quin: 5 years, $25M
Jones: 3 years, $9.5M
Bush: 4 years, $16M

Not too shabby for a team that is totally PH$%^ed according to someone. LOL.

Lmao.. I think he's about ready to change his mind, and will do so if we get Darrius Heyeard Bey, resign delmas and have a good draft. There's no denying that is a playoff team.

No way we make the playoffs next year, no matter who we draft. Even if we went all-in and traded 2014 picks we can't do it. We're going to have at least one but maybe two OTs that have never played an NFL snap at the position, we're still a DE, LB, S, WR, and CB short of fielding a "complete team," and we're still in cap hell.

I'm thinking 6-10 next year.

March 14th, 2013, 2:16 pm
NFL Veteran

wjb21ndtown wrote:
rao wrote:
$4M/yr is a good deal for a starting RB with his versatility and the way it's structured is great also. This offense was incredibly good with Best and a bad online, I can't see how it's not going to be good with Bush.

Getting Bush without putting to much hurt on their small amount of cap space was a big win in my eyes.

I disagree... What's the over/under as to how many games Bush is going to be healthy for? 10? I'll take the under for a buck... Further, I don't think Bush is going to be able to do what Best did here. He's not as fast, period.

Nice job ignoring his last two years in Miami. He has missed 1 game in the last two seasons while not only running between the tackles, but also having his career highs in attempts in a season.

Where the hell do you get Bush isn't as fast as Best? Bush timed a touch faster in the 40 and both his vert and broad jump blew away Best's. Bush just turned 28 and is still in his physical prime. You have no way to say the guy isn't just as fast and he was used in NO the same way the Lions wanted to use Best.

March 14th, 2013, 2:42 pm
rao wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
rao wrote:

Nice job ignoring his last two years in Miami. He has missed 1 game in the last two seasons while not only running between the tackles, but also having his career highs in attempts in a season.

Where the hell do you get Bush isn't as fast as Best? Bush timed a touch faster in the 40 and both his vert and broad jump blew away Best's. Bush just turned 28 and is still in his physical prime. You have no way to say the guy isn't just as fast and he was used in NO the same way the Lions wanted to use Best.

I'm sorry, but no one's "physical prime" is in their late 20's, unless they're on some sort of enhancement drugs.

Reggie Bush had a 6 year deal with the Saints, he wasn't healthy for any but the last and final year which he played in Miami. He was shockingly healthy in Miami under his short-term deals in his short stay there, and he now has a 4 year deal to rest on...

What do you think we're going to see? The short-term contract Bush, or the long-term contract Bush? I'm going with the latter... History has a funny way of repeating itself.

March 14th, 2013, 2:55 pm
RIP Killer

Well, if my math adds up correctly 4 is between 2 and 6 so the logical conclussion is we will see something in the middle.

March 14th, 2013, 3:07 pm
Profile WWW
Pablo wrote:
Well, if my math adds up correctly 4 is between 2 and 6 so the logical conclussion is we will see something in the middle.

:arrow: :idea: :nerd:

March 14th, 2013, 3:18 pm
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

According to Incarcerated Bob, one of the best at getting the fastest sports news, tweeted: NEW OFFER FOR REVIS!!! Jets should take the offer even though it would create shock waves through the #NFL #IBN #EXCLUSIVE coming up

and yesterday Jason La Canfora tweeted that the Lions are interested in Revis and may join the race. Suh and a 2nd for Revis, I'm calling it right now.

EDIT: Never mind, it's New England

March 14th, 2013, 3:36 pm
Modmin Dude

Shotty wrote:
According to Incarcerated Bob, one of the best at getting the fastest sports news, tweeted: NEW OFFER FOR REVIS!!! Jets should take the offer even though it would create shock waves through the #NFL #IBN #EXCLUSIVE coming up

and yesterday Jason La Canfora tweeted that the Lions are interested in Revis and may join the race. Suh and a 2nd for Revis, I'm calling it right now.

EDIT: Never mind, it's New England
I heard awhile ago to never trust what 'Bob' says...apparently a lot of his 'breaking news' is just fluff / BS

March 14th, 2013, 3:42 pm
NFL Veteran

wjb21ndtown wrote:
rao wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
rao wrote:

I'm sorry, but no one's "physical prime" is in their late 20's, unless they're on some sort of enhancement drugs.

Reggie Bush had a 6 year deal with the Saints, he wasn't healthy for any but the last and final year which he played in Miami. He was shockingly healthy in Miami under his short-term deals in his short stay there, and he now has a 4 year deal to rest on...

What do you think we're going to see? The short-term contract Bush, or the long-term contract Bush? I'm going with the latter... History has a funny way of repeating itself.

Sorry should have said football prime. He's at the end of it but his contract is cutable.

What kind of BS are you trying to put out there now? How does his contract length have any effect on his injuries?

March 14th, 2013, 3:44 pm
rao wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
rao wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
rao wrote:

Sorry should have said football prime. He's at the end of it but his contract is cutable.

What kind of BS are you trying to put out there now? How does his contract length have any effect on his injuries?

Really? BS? Because there has never been a player that can only seem to stay healthy when his payday is right around the corner... Dood, you're blind.

Reggie dogs it when he's under contract and picks it up when he's ready to earn his next deal. That's what he did for Miami, and we're his "next deal..."

A player or runner's speed peaks around 25. Reggie is definitely slower at 28, with an added 15-20lbs on him, than he was at 23. Sorry, that much is a fact.

I do believe that Best would currently whoop Reggie in the 40, and beat him by an even wider margin to in a 10 and 20 yard dash, which is what is ultimately important behind the LOS.

March 14th, 2013, 3:47 pm
Modmin Dude

wjb21ndtown wrote:
Reggie dogs it when he's under contract and picks it up when he's ready to earn his next deal. That's what he did for Miami, and we're his "next deal..."
Yup, Reggie dogged it in his non-contract year w/Miami
Code:
2012   Miami Dolphins   16    16   227   986   4.3   65T   6   35   292   8.3   25   2   4   2
2011   Miami Dolphins   15    15   216   1,086   5.0   76T   6   43   296   6.9   34   1   4   2

March 14th, 2013, 3:56 pm
NFL Veteran

wjb21ndtown wrote:
rao wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
rao wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
rao wrote:

Really? BS? Because there has never been a player that can only seem to stay healthy when his payday is right around the corner... Dood, you're blind.

A player or runner's speed peaks around 25. Reggie is definitely slower at 28, with an added 15-20lbs on him, than he was at 23. Sorry, that much is a fact.

I do believe that Best would currently whoop Reggie in the 40, and beat him by an even wider margin to in a 10 and 20 yard dash, which is what is ultimately important behind the LOS.

What a load of poop. Reggie has had only two contracts before this one and one was his rookie deal. How the hell can you tell if he plays harder only on contract years when he was hurt the year before he went to Miami?

Reggie proved in Miami he has not lost a step by continuing his same play he has had since his 2009 season.

March 14th, 2013, 3:58 pm
Div 1 - Starter

Shotty wrote:
JL wrote:

His hands aren't as bad as they're thought to be, and he's not just speedy, the guy is faster than Jahvid Best was. Add the fact that he'd be up against number 2 corners every down and have to beat out the other guy to start, and signing him would only be good if he comes cheap.

"Not as bad as they are thought to be" still doesn't make him worth much, in my opinion. DHB may be fast, but he won't be dangerous enough for a team to alter their coverage of CJ in critical situations. DHB is the kind of guy that gets single coverage, because even if he gets some highlight-reel catches, he's more apt to drop a ball during crunch time. Because of that, the QB won't really look at him if the team is trying to get a tying or winning score. It's just not worth the risk to throw a crucial 3rd-down pass only to see it clank off DHB's hands.

March 14th, 2013, 4:36 pm
NFL Veteran

JL wrote:
Shotty wrote:
JL wrote:

His hands aren't as bad as they're thought to be, and he's not just speedy, the guy is faster than Jahvid Best was. Add the fact that he'd be up against number 2 corners every down and have to beat out the other guy to start, and signing him would only be good if he comes cheap.

"Not as bad as they are thought to be" still doesn't make him worth much, in my opinion. DHB may be fast, but he won't be dangerous enough for a team to alter their coverage of CJ in critical situations. DHB is the kind of guy that gets single coverage, because even if he gets some highlight-reel catches, he's more apt to drop a ball during crunch time. Because of that, the QB won't really look at him if the team is trying to get a tying or winning score. It's just not worth the risk to throw a crucial 3rd-down pass only to see it clank off DHB's hands.

Not that I'm pro signing DHB because I think he'll be to expensive, but DHB will get a safety over top a good chunk of the time because even a guy with bad hands in the NFL can still catch the ball enough to be dangerous. There is no way a DC just lets DHB beat his CB over and over again because he thinks he has bad hands. He was a former #1 WR he still has to be accounted for.

March 14th, 2013, 4:45 pm
Reply to topic   [ 255 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next