View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 22nd, 2014, 9:55 pm

Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Suh to assist in cap space 
QB Coach

Post Suh to assist in cap space
Here's the Freep.com link

http://www.freep.com/article/20130313/S ... 130313054/

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

March 13th, 2013, 1:26 pm
Post Re: Suh to assist in cap space
Should say "Suh to make sure he doesn't get cut or traded next year..."

March 13th, 2013, 6:50 pm
5th Round Pick - Traded

I disagree. It should say "Suh, the one people love to call moody, self serving and only looking out for himself restructures in a day when Stafford couldn't get it done in a week". I hadn't heard of any talk of him restructuring before today. Glad he did. I just wonder why it wasn't Stafford. If I've missed it, someone please point it out.

March 13th, 2013, 11:29 pm
NFL Veteran

lionsfanak wrote:
I disagree. It should say "Suh, the one people love to call moody, self serving and only looking out for himself restructures in a day when Stafford couldn't get it done in a week". I hadn't heard of any talk of him restructuring before today. Glad he did. I just wonder why it wasn't Stafford. If I've missed it, someone please point it out.

Suh did nothing but get his money moved around. It only benefits Suh to do this and there is no real negotiating needed. The Lions are trying to extend Stafford, as in working out a new contract. These two things are nothing alike.

March 13th, 2013, 11:38 pm
5th Round Pick - Traded

rao wrote:
lionsfanak wrote:

Suh did nothing but get his money moved around. It only benefits Suh to do this and there is no real negotiating needed. The Lions are trying to extend Stafford, as in working out a new contract. These two things are nothing alike.

And it wouldn't have benefited Staff to do it? Amazing.

March 14th, 2013, 12:02 am
Hall of Fame Player

lionsfanak wrote:
rao wrote:
lionsfanak wrote:

And it wouldn't have benefited Staff to do it? Amazing.

You can count on this: Stafford will not sign any extension until Romo's deal is done. That is the deal Stafford will be working from. And Romo wouldn't negotiate until Flacco's deal got done. Stafford will extend. It all just has to play out before Staffords deal gets done.

March 14th, 2013, 12:08 am
QB Coach

It amazes me that Suh is still getting slapped around because he did negotiate. Who said he had to? He already has his contract, and could have chosen to stick with it despite the team, but HE DIDN'T. Move the money around or not, HE CHOSE THE TEAM'S BEST INTEREST for the future, by "moving the money around."

Is life so bad there in Michigan that you guys are sucking lemons instead of coffee? If this is how miserable you are about OUR football team, I can only imagine how sour your personal lives are.

I applaud the man for being willing to put the TEAM FIRST, instead of SELF. If you guys need to crap on someone, visit the Avril thread, there's a picture perfect example of SELF over TEAM.

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

March 14th, 2013, 8:19 am
NFL Veteran

WarEr4Christ wrote:
It amazes me that Suh is still getting slapped around because he did negotiate. Who said he had to? He already has his contract, and could have chosen to stick with it despite the team, but HE DIDN'T. Move the money around or not, HE CHOSE THE TEAM'S BEST INTEREST for the future, by "moving the money around."

Is life so bad there in Michigan that you guys are sucking lemons instead of coffee? If this is how miserable you are about OUR football team, I can only imagine how sour your personal lives are.

I applaud the man for being willing to put the TEAM FIRST, instead of SELF. If you guys need to crap on someone, visit the Avril thread, there's a picture perfect example of SELF over TEAM.

Where do people come up with this idea Suh is going out of his way to help the team? When he restructures like he has it's Lions saying "here we're just going to give you part of your salary right now". Suh is NOTbeing inconvenienced in anyway or making any type of sacrifice. He's actually getting more guaranteed money for absolutely no reason other than the Lions want more cap space. Your team first stuff doesn't apply here. He's not choosing between his team or himself.

I'm not saying Suh's being greedy in doing this or he's doing anything wrong, but he doesn't deserve any big praise for it.

March 14th, 2013, 10:47 am
Rookie Player of the Year

That's like telling a salesman that he can have his next two year bonuses today and he gets to keep that money even if he's released tomorrow.

March 14th, 2013, 11:28 am
WarEr4Christ wrote:

He also chose HIS BEST INTEREST in moving the money around. He didn't have to, but it benefited HIM. Just because there was also an aggregate team benefit you can't say that he would or wouldn't have done it to benefit himself. This move makes it more likely that he's going to see the ridiculously huge $18 mill he's due next year.

This is like saying that an investor invests money in the stock market to benefit society! He doesn't HAVE to benefit society by investing his money, but he does!!! Go investors!!!

:arrow: :idea:

:ppp:

March 14th, 2013, 2:00 pm
Hall of Fame Player

rao wrote:
WarEr4Christ wrote:

Where do people come up with this idea Suh is going out of his way to help the team? When he restructures like he has it's Lions saying "here we're just going to give you part of your salary right now". Suh is NOTbeing inconvenienced in anyway or making any type of sacrifice. He's actually getting more guaranteed money for absolutely no reason other than the Lions want more cap space. Your team first stuff doesn't apply here. He's not choosing between his team or himself.

I'm not saying Suh's being greedy in doing this or he's doing anything wrong, but he doesn't deserve any big praise for it.

But, apparently he deserves to get ripped a new butt hole for doing it. No-ones saying he should be praised for it. But, I am getting pretty tired of him getting ripped for things that other people suspect of his motives. When he has done nothing to indicate what his motives are.

March 14th, 2013, 7:09 pm
BillySims wrote:
But, apparently he deserves to get ripped a new butt hole for doing it. No-ones saying he should be praised for it. But, I am getting pretty tired of him getting ripped for things that other people suspect of his motives. When he has done nothing to indicate what his motives are.

Uhmmmm.... No... No one is "ripping him" for taking the re-structure. I'll rip Mayhew for it because it wasn't smart, but I wouldn't rip Suh for it. The discussion pointing out that he's helping himself only came about because people WERE in fact praising him for it.

March 14th, 2013, 7:30 pm
QB Coach

WJB: What's it gonna take to make you happy? Who has to tell you that you're right, so that you can stop posting negative stuff about our lions ALL the time. Dude, with all due respect your postings are sucking the joy out of following this site. I have been trying for a long time to give you the benefit of the doubt, and you obviously know a lot more than I ever will, but there comes a time when it gets to be too much. So what has to happen to make you lighten up a bit? Do you need Mr. Ford to call you to be a part of his staff so that you'll have some authority and the team will listen to you? Do you need LB followers to uniformly tell you you're right? I'm not trying to be disrespectful, but come on man!

March 14th, 2013, 8:19 pm
Team MVP

WarEr4Christ wrote:
WJB: What's it gonna take to make you happy? Who has to tell you that you're right, so that you can stop posting negative stuff about our lions ALL the time. Dude, with all due respect your postings are sucking the joy out of following this site. I have been trying for a long time to give you the benefit of the doubt, and you obviously know a lot more than I ever will, but there comes a time when it gets to be too much. So what has to happen to make you lighten up a bit? Do you need Mr. Ford to call you to be a part of his staff so that you'll have some authority and the team will listen to you? Do you need LB followers to uniformly tell you you're right? I'm not trying to be disrespectful, but come on man!

X2.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

March 14th, 2013, 8:30 pm
WarEr4Christ wrote:

We need to hire competent management to make me happy. I don't want to hear "you're right," I want to be shocked that what the management is doing is working out better than what a blind monkey with a handful of darts could do.

I want a manager with a plan, someone that doesn't build a DL and let it go to sh!t, someone that doesn't let the OL go to hell without a plan, and someone that doesn't leave blatant deficiencies throughout the whole team.

In the last 3 years this team has failed to get a #2 CB, a #2 WR, a starting caliber OG, a second safety, and a legitimate 3rd LB. That's not even taking into consideration our inability to get quality depth, promote and develop our younger talent, and securing quality replacements for our exiting free agents. We just failed for three years to find ANY quality to fill those FIVE positions. For THREE DAMN years we've failed REPEATEDLY to fill those five positions. That's ridiculous and irresponsible, and again, on top of that we've failed to manage the roster in a way that has any semblance of a plan to replace anyone. It's equal parts pathetic and incompetent.

March 14th, 2013, 8:34 pm
Reply to topic   [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next