View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 22nd, 2014, 11:36 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 SLH to the Titans. 
Hall of Fame Player

Post SLH to the Titans.
I'm surprised that no-one has mentioned this here. I hope he plays good enough and often enough to net us a 3rd round comp. I really wanted him back. I also thought he would go to a 3-4 defense if he left us. He was born to be a 3-4 NT.

Quote:
Former Detroit Lions DT Sammie Hill signs three-year deal with Titans for $11.4 million
Anwar S. Richardson | arichar2@mlive.com By Anwar S. Richardson | arichar2@mlive.com
on March 13, 2013 at 5:00 PM

Sammie Hill The Tennessee Titans signed Sammie Hill away from the Detroit Lions for $11.4 million over three years. AP File Photo

The Detroit Lions said hello to three new players on Wednesday and goodbye to defensive tackle Sammie Hill.

Detroit's former defensive tackle signed a three-year deal with the Tennessee Titans today. Hill will earn $11.4 million, with $4 million guaranteed. Hill earned $1.25 million with the Lions last season.

The move does not come as a surprise because Detroit decided not to pursue Hill in free agency this offseason. Detroit's current backup defensive tackles are Ogemdi Nwagbuo and Jimmy Saddler-McQueen.

Hill, 26, started in three games last season, and finished with 15 tackles and three pass breakups. He has 12 starts in four NFL seasons.

March 14th, 2013, 9:57 pm
#1 Overall Pick

Post Re: SLH to the Titans.
BillySims wrote:
I'm surprised that no-one has mentioned this here. I hope he plays good enough and often enough to net us a 3rd round comp. I really wanted him back. I also thought he would go to a 3-4 defense if he left us. He was born to be a 3-4 NT.

Quote:
Former Detroit Lions DT Sammie Hill signs three-year deal with Titans for $11.4 million
Anwar S. Richardson | arichar2@mlive.com By Anwar S. Richardson | arichar2@mlive.com
on March 13, 2013 at 5:00 PM

Sammie Hill The Tennessee Titans signed Sammie Hill away from the Detroit Lions for $11.4 million over three years. AP File Photo

The Detroit Lions said hello to three new players on Wednesday and goodbye to defensive tackle Sammie Hill.

Detroit's former defensive tackle signed a three-year deal with the Tennessee Titans today. Hill will earn $11.4 million, with $4 million guaranteed. Hill earned $1.25 million with the Lions last season.

The move does not come as a surprise because Detroit decided not to pursue Hill in free agency this offseason. Detroit's current backup defensive tackles are Ogemdi Nwagbuo and Jimmy Saddler-McQueen.

Hill, 26, started in three games last season, and finished with 15 tackles and three pass breakups. He has 12 starts in four NFL seasons.

I've never really understood that assessment. Is it just because of his size? He's a run stuffer compared to the DTs on the Lions roster, but he has always been said to show good pass rushing and he was drafted because he was so athletic. He's doesn't excel at eating double teams anymore than he does doing anything else on the line. He just seems like a great all around DT that will play equally well in whatever scheme you throw him in.

March 14th, 2013, 10:10 pm
Heisman Winner

I think this one will hurt a lot in the future. I thought he was a starting caliber guy, at least #3 in the rotation today on this team. A rare mid rd pick that panned out, and now is gone.

March 14th, 2013, 10:27 pm
RIP Killer

Unfortunately, his PT was limited. He and everyone else knew he had starter talent and he wanted to be a starter and get paid like one. Makes no sense to keep a backup like SLH around at starter money when they can just as easily draft another guy cheaper. It's hit or miss, but with jones at DT on nickel spots, it softens the blow.

March 14th, 2013, 11:43 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Ill be happy for him and rooting for him to do well unless hes playing the Lions.

March 15th, 2013, 12:57 am
Profile ICQ WWW
Div 1 - Starter

I always liked the pick. He was one of the few 4th round picks to ever work out for us. It's too bad we couldn't draft a player of similar talent and caliber in the 4th round at the cornerback or safety position, or even wide receiver. I really hate to see one of the few 4th-5th rounds picks who worked out for us leave.

March 15th, 2013, 11:42 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]