View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 1st, 2014, 12:46 pm

Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Ronnell Lewis 
Butkus Award Winner

Post Ronnell Lewis
I had to start a thread about him. It seems that everybody has forgotten about this guy. He was a beast at Oklahoma, and I really think that with a year of sitting and learning he can play OLB or maybe even DE, or at the very least give our special teams a boost. Here are some highlights:

Thoughts?

March 15th, 2013, 2:19 pm
QB Coach

Post Re: Ronnell Lewis
although it's college, I think if he carries that over into the NFL, we'll be asking Avril who?

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

March 15th, 2013, 3:04 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

I got to watch him play for a few years, as I am a Texas fan... kid had a good motor back then. As previously stated, if he can carry that over....

NEVER GIVE UP!

March 15th, 2013, 3:06 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

I expect Lewis will develop into a decent situational pass rusher, but not more than that. I hope that I'm wrong.

March 15th, 2013, 3:07 pm
Team MVP

slybri19 wrote:
I expect Lewis will develop into a decent situational pass rusher, but not more than that. I hope that I'm wrong.

Hey Sly, you're back!

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

March 15th, 2013, 3:17 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

I wouldn't say that I'm back or that I ever left. I clearly stated that I would no longer be posting here as much as I did in the past. Unlike some idiots, I actually kept my word. Take that statement as you will. :D

March 15th, 2013, 3:49 pm
Team MVP

slybri19 wrote:
I wouldn't say that I'm back or that I ever left. I clearly stated that I would no longer be posting here as much as I did in the past. Unlike some idiots, I actually kept my word. Take that statement as you will. :D

Regardless, it's good to see ya.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

March 15th, 2013, 5:11 pm
I'm excited to see if Ronnell was able to put on any weight in the offseason. I'd like to see him about 20lbs heavier. He has a good motor, but if he's constantly getting "handled" it doesn't much matter.

March 15th, 2013, 5:41 pm
NFL Veteran

wjb21ndtown wrote:
I'm excited to see if Ronnell was able to put on any weight in the offseason. I'd like to see him about 20lbs heavier. He has a good motor, but if he's constantly getting "handled" it doesn't much matter.

He's already listed at 253 from his old weight of 244, so he's putting on weight. As long as he gets to around 260 he should be fine.

March 15th, 2013, 5:48 pm
rao wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:

He's already listed at 253 from his old weight of 244, so he's putting on weight. As long as he gets to around 260 he should be fine.

That's good. I was really disappointed that Young couldn't get past the 250ish mark (I know he's listed at like 252 or something, but I'd like to see him over 260... The guy is 6'4")

March 15th, 2013, 5:49 pm
NFL Veteran

wjb21ndtown wrote:
rao wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:

That's good. I was really disappointed that Young couldn't get past the 250ish mark (I know he's listed at like 252 or something, but I'd like to see him over 260... The guy is 6'4")

I'd prefer not to see either of those guys ever go past 265 on that side of the line. Who ever comes in for Avril will be their speed end and with how wide they line up I don't want to see them lose any speed. They can leave the 270+ guys for the other side.

March 15th, 2013, 5:53 pm
rao wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
rao wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:

I'd prefer not to see either of those guys ever go past 265 on that side of the line. Who ever comes in for Avril will be their speed end and with how wide they line up I don't want to see them lose any speed. They can leave the 270+ guys for the other side.

265 is exactly where I'd like to see them. Ronnell was 244, I wanted him to add 20... Sounds like he's 1/2 way there. The first 1/2 is the easy 1/2... I'm pretty sure Willie added 10 since being here too... It's the 2nd 10 that we need out of them.

Willie being taller I wouldn't mind seeing closer to the 270 mark.

I'm high on Gholston because he's already around 265 and he carries it well.

March 15th, 2013, 6:09 pm
NFL Veteran

wjb21ndtown wrote:
rao wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
rao wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:

265 is exactly where I'd like to see them. Ronnell was 244, I wanted him to add 20... Sounds like he's 1/2 way there. The first 1/2 is the easy 1/2... I'm pretty sure Willie added 10 since being here too... It's the 2nd 10 that we need out of them.

Willie being taller I wouldn't mind seeing closer to the 270 mark.

I'm high on Gholston because he's already around 265 and he carries it well.

Even with Willie being taller I don't want him to get to 270. He's got an ok burst being as light as he is but I think he will lose a lot of his rushing ability as he gets bigger. The wide-9 is not forgiving to guys losing any speed, Lewis was already fast for a LB before the Lions drafted him so he can afford to lose a step to gain size as a DE. I think young is a much poorer athlete that they have left light to maximize what they can get from him. Gholston is also another poor athlete for this scheme, I'm not a fan of bringing him in. I think he would be nice as your strong side DE in a standard 4-3 put he seems very poor for a wide-9. I'm already not a fan of Jason Jones playing DE and to line up with another big bodied DE is a terrible idea in my eyes. This is concerning most downs, on first down I wouldn't mind the bigger guy, but I would hate for the personnel to give away what your doing so easily.

March 15th, 2013, 6:59 pm
Varsity Captain

After seeing that tape I think we could have a sleeper on our hands. That is as already stated several times, if he can bring the whoop badonkadonk to the NFL. Get that man some "Quality H2O"

March 15th, 2013, 8:17 pm
Boz wrote:
After seeing that tape I think we could have a sleeper on our hands. That is as already stated several times, if he can bring the whoop badonkadonk to the NFL. Get that man some "Quality H2O"

After watching it, I don't see what everyone sees in him. He looks more like a pass-rushing 3-4 OLB to me. Not once in that "highlight" reel did he beat an OT off of the ball. In fact, he kind of hesitates at the snap and does this weird stutter step deal. He has a high-motor, but effort only takes you so far in the NFL. Most of his plays in that reel came after the OL switched their focus and stopped blocking him. He wasn't even shedding most of the blocks on the reel.

Hopefully he plays better than I expect, but I'm not expecting much from the kid.

March 15th, 2013, 8:25 pm
Reply to topic   [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next