View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 26th, 2014, 9:49 pm

Reply to topic  [ 652 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41 ... 44  Next
 Off-Season Moves 
RIP Killer

Post Re: Off-Season Moves
thelomasbrowns wrote:
JL wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:
It's official: comp picks in 4th (#132) and 7th for losing Wright and Stanton.

Well, at least we have a 4th round pick now.

A seventh for Stanton? What was that, a mercy-rule gift?

Hey don't laugh--it looks like he may be the starter in Az this year!

Didn't Stanton play in some games last season? I don't recall if he started, but I thought he saw some playing time.

March 19th, 2013, 1:36 pm
NFL Veteran

m2karateman wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:
JL wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:

Didn't Stanton play in some games last season? I don't recall if he started, but I thought he saw some playing time.

Stanton doesn't show any stats on ESPN for the last 2 seasons, so I'm going to say no on him seeing any playing time during the season.

March 19th, 2013, 1:40 pm
m2karateman wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:
JL wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:

Az is drafting a Qb... No way they pick that high and don't find someone to get L Fitz the ball.

March 19th, 2013, 1:40 pm
RIP Killer

FYI - I remember him being a beast coming out, but he's been pretty average so far. Anyone know about his incidents?

http://nfltraderumors.co/report-raiders ... eek-trade/
Ian Rapoport reports sources have informed him that the Oakland Raiders have given LB Rolando McClain permission to facilitate a trade out of Oakland.
Rapoport adds that the Raiders are expected to release him if they’re unable to find any takers.
McClain’s agent reportedly approached Raiders GM Reggie McKenzie about the idea and he’s apparently ok with McClain moving on.
Previous reports indicated that McClain would likely be released after the start of free agency. It’s hard to if there will be any interest in him now that he’s gotten off to poor start in NFL. He’s had a few off-the-field incidents and hasn’t lived up to being the No. 8 overall pick in the 2010 draft.
We’ll have more as the news becomes available.

March 19th, 2013, 2:50 pm
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

conversion02 wrote:
FYI

http://nfltraderumors.co/report-raiders ... eek-trade/
Ian Rapoport reports sources have informed him that the Oakland Raiders have given LB Rolando McClain permission to facilitate a trade out of Oakland.
Rapoport adds that the Raiders are expected to release him if they’re unable to find any takers.
McClain’s agent reportedly approached Raiders GM Reggie McKenzie about the idea and he’s apparently ok with McClain moving on.
Previous reports indicated that McClain would likely be released after the start of free agency. It’s hard to if there will be any interest in him now that he’s gotten off to poor start in NFL. He’s had a few off-the-field incidents and hasn’t lived up to being the No. 8 overall pick in the 2010 draft.
We’ll have more as the news becomes available.

I mean, the talent is there. I feel like he'd be better than Durant in our defense. If his agent is talking something like a 6th round pick, we should at least consider it.

March 19th, 2013, 2:52 pm
He's due $4M this year and $6M next year. It wouldn't cost us anything to cut him after next year, but I still don't like the move. Is he worth $4M for one year? Eh.. Maybe, I wouldn't mind it, but again, we're squandering more young, cheap talent for a guy with issues that's scheduled to make more than he's probably worth in 2014. I don't think it's in this team's long-term interest to bring him in for one year when he's probably not going to be around in 2014.

If he gets released I wouldn't mind looking at him, but I'd rather not have him while he's not under contract for at least 2-3 years at a reasonable price.

March 19th, 2013, 2:58 pm
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Good point WJB...

If I was Mayhew, I'd be making things happen so next off-season we have some money to target Michael Bennett and some other FAs. Next year's FA class and draft class are both looking to be MUCH better than this year's.

March 19th, 2013, 3:00 pm
Rookie Player of the Year

Rolondo is a 3-4 ILB and he hasn't even done that very well yet in the NFL. I'd rather let last year's rookies have their shot or draft one in the 3rd round or later.

March 19th, 2013, 3:16 pm
sweetd20 wrote:
Rolondo is a 3-4 ILB and he hasn't even done that very well yet in the NFL. I'd rather let last year's rookies have their shot or draft one in the 3rd round or later.

He was projected as a MLB in a 4-3, I believe.

Here is his draft analysis:

Quote:
Pick Analysis: McClain has great length and strength for the position and has been the Crimson Tide's most active defender in 2009. Rolando is an instinctive player that makes all the calls from the middle linebacker position. He sheds blockers well to leverage the ball and understands angles to maintain proper run fits to the line of scrimmage. McClain is disruptive attacking a crease when blitzing the quarterback. He is powerful as a tackler and keeps good balance in the open field. McClain is somewhat limited in man coverage and may be a liability in this phase of his game at the next level. He does understand route progressions and can be effective in short zone coverage schemes. McClain is a good football player that should have an immediate impact as a rookie on special teams while working into a starting role.

Moving back to the 4-3 may help him out.

Like I said, I only like the move if he's released and we get him cheap.

And remember, this guy is only 24 years old, still. He was born in 1989. He has a lot of room to grow. He's 4 years younger than Tulloch, who has been mediocre at best. Maybe we could play him at SSLB for a year and move him to the middle if he's playing well?

March 19th, 2013, 3:30 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

wjb21ndtown wrote:
sweetd20 wrote:

He was projected as a MLB in a 4-3, I believe.

Here is his draft analysis:

Quote:
Pick Analysis: McClain has great length and strength for the position and has been the Crimson Tide's most active defender in 2009. Rolando is an instinctive player that makes all the calls from the middle linebacker position. He sheds blockers well to leverage the ball and understands angles to maintain proper run fits to the line of scrimmage. McClain is disruptive attacking a crease when blitzing the quarterback. He is powerful as a tackler and keeps good balance in the open field. McClain is somewhat limited in man coverage and may be a liability in this phase of his game at the next level. He does understand route progressions and can be effective in short zone coverage schemes. McClain is a good football player that should have an immediate impact as a rookie on special teams while working into a starting role.

Moving back to the 4-3 may help him out.

Like I said, I only like the move if he's released and we get him cheap.

And remember, this guy is only 24 years old, still. He was born in 1989. He has a lot of room to grow. He's 4 years younger than Tulloch, who has been mediocre at best. Maybe we could play him at SSLB for a year and move him to the middle if he's playing well?

And suddenly I feel really REALLY old..... :cry:

March 19th, 2013, 3:32 pm
NFL Veteran

I agree with WJB, he could be a nice get after being released. He'd have to get his legal stuff handled first though, his biggest issue is his lack of focus on football. The talent is there, but he is more about enjoying his money and being a tough guy off the field so his game has suffered badly.

March 19th, 2013, 3:43 pm
RIP Killer

That's my point, he's young, he's got a lot of talent and physical measuribles. I wouldn't look at a trade, the LB market is leaving guys like Durant, average LB, without any interest. McClain would be a good look if he's released. He's much better than Durant at fighting off blocks, which is what this team needs with tulloch looking far worse at that last year than a couple years ago and levy has never shed a block in his life.

I'd give him the option of playing outside, even if he's just a backup at MLB.

March 19th, 2013, 3:45 pm
All State

If his agent doesn't find a trade they are going to release him, more than likely . The question is do they want to take a chance on him ?

March 19th, 2013, 11:02 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

sweetd20 wrote:

I understand he wasn't that great in Oak, but whenever your dealing with players from teams like the Raiders you gotta look at both sides. The Raiders themselves could be part of his problem. Look at Richard Seymore's production since he went there.

March 19th, 2013, 11:12 pm
Killwill25 wrote:
sweetd20 wrote:

I understand he wasn't that great in Oak, but whenever your dealing with players from teams like the Raiders you gotta look at both sides. The Raiders themselves could be part of his problem. Look at Richard Seymore's production since he went there.

It's sort of like players that left the Lions...

Oh, wait...

:arrow: :idea:

March 21st, 2013, 1:23 pm
Reply to topic   [ 652 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41 ... 44  Next