View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 31st, 2014, 10:30 am

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Pick #4 

Eric Fisher 19%  19%  [ 3 ]
Star Lotulelei 6%  6%  [ 1 ]
Dee Milliner 50%  50%  [ 8 ]
Ziggy Ansah 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Barkevious Mingo 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Geno Smith 19%  19%  [ 3 ]
Other 6%  6%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 16

Pick #4 
Hall of Fame Player

Post Re: Pick #4
Shotty wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
kdsberman wrote:
Wish I could re-vote. Id vote Geno Smith. Apparently the Eagles sent their entire staff to watch Geno Smith at his Pro Day. And that included owner Jeff Lurie, who has only visited one player since being the owner, and that player was Donovan McNabb. I guess they are dead serious about drafting him.

Just because they went, it doesn't mean they were impressed... JS...

He completed 46 of 50 passes, I believe. I'd be damn impressed if I was a GM looking to find a franchise QB and saw that, paired with athletic ability.

The Norm for a QB is completing 49 out of 50 at his pro day.

March 21st, 2013, 3:59 pm
Butkus Award Winner

BillySims wrote:
Shotty wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
kdsberman wrote:
Wish I could re-vote. Id vote Geno Smith. Apparently the Eagles sent their entire staff to watch Geno Smith at his Pro Day. And that included owner Jeff Lurie, who has only visited one player since being the owner, and that player was Donovan McNabb. I guess they are dead serious about drafting him.

He completed 46 of 50 passes, I believe. I'd be damn impressed if I was a GM looking to find a franchise QB and saw that, paired with athletic ability.

I understand that, but Cam Newton threw a bunch of overthrows at his Pro Day, and 3 of Geno's in-completions were drops. He had one, ONE legit in-completion. That's special.

March 21st, 2013, 4:05 pm
Shotty wrote:
BillySims wrote:
Shotty wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
kdsberman wrote:

I understand that, but Cam Newton threw a bunch of overthrows at his Pro Day, and 3 of Geno's in-completions were drops. He had one, ONE legit in-completion. That's special.

I didn't watch his pro-day, but it's not uncommon for a Qb that lacks talent to be able to throw 50 completions to a WR without a passrush and without a DB. It's easy to go out there and play catch, it's much harder to read defenses and not get picked off. I'm not saying he didn't impress, but it would take more than "completions" to impress, I would tend to think (i.e. arm strength, mechanics, quick release, interview, etc.).

March 21st, 2013, 4:12 pm
NFL Veteran

Shotty wrote:
BillySims wrote:
Shotty wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
kdsberman wrote:

It's still not special, it's the norm. Those passes are all scripted and scouts expect to see near perfect performances even from less than accurate QBs. It's obvious they are interested in Geno, but their evaluations will be based on his film and what they learn if they bring him in for a visit. His pro-day scripted passing drill will not be a factor since he didn't embarrass himself. This year is a crapshoot when guessing where a QB will go because none of the QBs show obvious franchise talent or incredible physical gifts.

March 21st, 2013, 4:15 pm
Team MVP

Regardless, QBs are gonna get drafted earlier than they should every year, especially now that the rookie wage scale is in place.

I say it almost has to be Milliner or Smith.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

March 21st, 2013, 4:44 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

m2karateman wrote:
This might be the toughest one because they can go in so many different directions with the changeover in the defensive scheme and the needs on offense. I don't see them going with Geno Smith, because I think they will give Nick Foles an honest shot at the starter job. But when it comes down to it, they got nothing at corner, and that's why I chose Dee Milliner for them. I'd like to see the Lions land him, but with his speed displayed at the Combines, I think the Eagles have a hard time passing on him.

Last I heard they are going to run a "Chip Kelly" offense which means Foles would be worse than Denard Robinson as their QB. Hes either tradebait or their 3rd string qb. Not saying it means they take smith, many dont think he is a good fit for that offense either, but Foles inst going to be their QB unless Chip changed his mind about his offense.

kdsberman wrote:
Regardless, QBs are gonna get drafted earlier than they should every year, especially now that the rookie wage scale is in place.

Agreed that Qbs get overdrafted, but OT and DE are still also possibilities for the Eagles, they have needs at all of the top players positions.

March 21st, 2013, 5:23 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
DJ-B wrote:
m2karateman wrote:
This might be the toughest one because they can go in so many different directions with the changeover in the defensive scheme and the needs on offense. I don't see them going with Geno Smith, because I think they will give Nick Foles an honest shot at the starter job. But when it comes down to it, they got nothing at corner, and that's why I chose Dee Milliner for them. I'd like to see the Lions land him, but with his speed displayed at the Combines, I think the Eagles have a hard time passing on him.

Last I heard they are going to run a "Chip Kelly" offense which means Foles would be worse than Denard Robinson as their QB. Hes either tradebait or their 3rd string qb. Not saying it means they take smith, many dont think he is a good fit for that offense either, but Foles inst going to be their QB unless Chip changed his mind about his offense.

kdsberman wrote:

Agreed that Qbs get overdrafted, but OT and DE are still also possibilities for the Eagles, they have needs at all of the top players positions.

I agree with you about Foles. I can see them trading him.

That said, Phili has so many holes, and everyone knows they're giving Vick one last shot. I can see them deciding to give Vick as many weapons and as great of a chance as possible, give him a good LT or upgraded D.

March 21st, 2013, 7:27 pm
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2