View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 24th, 2014, 3:25 am

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 2012-13 Pistons Season 

How many wins for the Pistons this year?
0-20 31%  31%  [ 4 ]
21-30 23%  23%  [ 3 ]
31-40 38%  38%  [ 5 ]
41-50 8%  8%  [ 1 ]
50+ 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 13

2012-13 Pistons Season 
Color Commentator - John Madden

Post 2012-13 Pistons Season
I for one am excited the Pistons are going to be back on TV. Even after last year being angered by the fawning coverage of the Miami Heat and LeBron and all that crap, it'll be fun to watch the 'Stones try to fight their way back to respectability. I don't expect them to be a playoff team this year, but I do think they'll be better than last year.

The Pistons have 5 rookies this year, and all should play varying roles throughout the season. Andre Drummond and Kyle Singler will most likely see the most action, with Kim English, Khris Middleton, and Slava Kravstov seeing spot duty. I'm not sure how much they'll contribute, but Drummond should be a starter by the end of the season and Singler a solid rotation guy.

The Pistons vets are about what we expected and not much of a change, except for swapping out Ben Gordon for Corey Maggette. Maggette is doubtful for tonight's game and perhaps the next week with a calf injury. I don't necessarily see him as being a better player than Gordon, but it wasn't a move made by Joe D to improve the team in the future. There's a reason why he's been with 5 teams in the last 5 years.

With the Wings locked out for the foreseeable future, it'll be nice to have some a sporting event to watch during the week.

October 31st, 2012, 3:03 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Post Re: 2012-13 Pistons Season
I'm excited to see Moose and Drummond in the front court this year... but I think as far as the team goes.. I don't see them being much better than .500 this year.

NEVER GIVE UP!

October 31st, 2012, 3:17 pm
RIP Killer

0-5 thus far and the next three they play in Houston and have OKC twice. Ugly start to what could be an ugly season.

Worst rebounding team in the league with a -12.2 margin per game, they get the fewest steals per game, and offensively they are getting outscored by 11 per game.

November 9th, 2012, 6:53 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Doesn't help that magette hasnt played and has been hurt and Drummond has barely played

November 9th, 2012, 6:58 pm
League MVP

I know the record stinks but some of the younger players at least look like contributors and could be valuable pieces of a good team rather than stop gaps. They still need a star type player and probably another solid FA signing from being a playoff type team. I just really hope they get a little higher into the lottery this year while developing some more of the young players and maybe making a reasonable trade at the deadline this year.

C - Monroe = I think he s definitely a keeper. Not a star or dominant but a very good player. Seems like a winner.
PF - Drummond = I see a lot of upside with him. Doesnt seem like any of the negatives on him have surfaced at all to this point. A little raw on offense but seems to be working hard.
SF - Singler = Im not sure he s starting material but he s a lot better than I expected.
F - Jerebko = Still not sure what position he is but a valuable bench forward.
PG = Knight - I d like to see how he progresses this year. I think he has the work ethic and the leadership skills just not sure if he s talented enough to be a top 10 PG.

C - Maxiell - playing well enough that maybe he could help someone as a trade deadline add?
SF - Prince - Maybe same as above, looks like he s pacing himself but he was able to shutdown Durant at times monday night including in the 4th quarter where he swatted KD on a one on one clearout.
SG - Stuckey, kind of an enigma to me. Would be the spot on the team where I d like to see them go for an upgrade. I root for the guy, he definitely has talent but I dunno, it seems like something is missing. I d trade him if I had a chance too.
SG - Maggette - really has no value on this team. Maybe we could deal him to get a younger player from a team that just wants the expiring contract. Otherwise we re waiting for his contract to expire so we can have the cap relief.
SF - Villanueva - no value. They will amnesty him if they have a player they really want in FA, otherwise they re going to make him at least show up to practice and games to earn his paychecks.

Unknowns: Middleton, English, Kravsov (sp?)

Anyway, it looks like they have 4 or 5 guys they could build with, 2 guys they could exchange for parts, an upcoming good draft pick and possibly some cap space being cleared out to fill in some of the cracks. Maybe a year away from being 500, 2 years from being respectable?

November 14th, 2012, 10:45 pm
Veteran General Manager

Now, if only Joe doesn't screw up the pick.... DORKO style.

November 16th, 2012, 10:40 am
Position Coach

Quote:
SG - Stuckey, kind of an enigma to me. Would be the spot on the team where I d like to see them go for an upgrade. I root for the guy, he definitely has talent but I dunno, it seems like something is missing. I d trade him if I had a chance too

I think he's all talent, no heart

November 27th, 2012, 3:08 am

So far this year it appears that the Pistons play better with Rodney Stuckey coming off the bench. I like what I see from Andre Drummond, and think it's only a matter of time before he starts. The problem is they have 0 depth in the frontcourt. Maxiell is 6-7, but plays solidly. I'm not convinced that Jerebko is a 4. If anything he's a tweener 3-4. Villanueva is a bum, Austin Daye is a toothpick, and Kravtsov is in street clothes. That, and the lack of a real #2 is what's holding this team back. Singler has impressed me, and English might be ok. They are at least 2 years from contending for a playoff spot. Need another lottery pick in the mix and if they can make one decent signing, they'll be alright.

November 27th, 2012, 2:53 pm
I still wish we would have drafted Ty Lawson instead of Austin Daye. I think Joe D was too literal in his attempt to "re-create" our prior Championship team. Daye is more or less a Prince clone, but he doesn't have the D that Prince had, the heart, or the shot.

I like Monroe, a lot. I think he's playing better D, and rebounding better. I think there's a place for Maxiel on this team (coming off of the bench), and I like Drummond a lot too. It'd be nice to land a true quality C (not likely going to happen) and a real PG.

I don't like Brandon Knight, Stuckey, or Bynum at the point. I think Bynum is alright off of the bench, but that's about it.

I said years ago, IMO Stuckey sucks. He has absolutely no touch or grace with his movements. Everything is so rigid with him. He reminds me of a less talented Lindsey Hunter.

November 27th, 2012, 3:28 pm

Who watched that game last night?!?! For the second game in a row, it looks like the bench might be better than the starters. Bynum can be out of control, but he made plays, which is something we haven't seen since Billups was shipped out. Knight and Monroe seem to be struggling recently, and aren't playing any more dynamically then a rock. I doubt the hot shooting bench keeps up, but if they can come alive every now and then, it might be helpful moving forward.

Still desperately missing a playmaker. Singler is a nice player, but shouldn't be starting.

December 29th, 2012, 2:51 pm
Wayne Fontes wrote:
Who watched that game last night?!?! For the second game in a row, it looks like the bench might be better than the starters. Bynum can be out of control, but he made plays, which is something we haven't seen since Billups was shipped out. Knight and Monroe seem to be struggling recently, and aren't playing any more dynamically then a rock. I doubt the hot shooting bench keeps up, but if they can come alive every now and then, it might be helpful moving forward.

Still desperately missing a playmaker. Singler is a nice player, but shouldn't be starting.

I like Monroe, don't like Knight, at all. He has been playing better, but the team looks lost under his command. I think Bynum is too selfish to be a real PG, but he's better than Knight, IMO. There really isn't too much about Knight's game that I do like. He is getting better shooting the ball though.

December 29th, 2012, 5:45 pm
RIP Killer

Looking like a 5th straight losing season, but at least they can salvage something against the Heat.

Go Stones!

March 22nd, 2013, 1:08 pm
Profile WWW
Butkus Award Winner

Pablo wrote:
Looking like a 5th straight losing season, but at least they can salvage something against the Heat.

Go Stones!

Let's end that streak... even if the Heat break the C's all-time win streak, it won't mean much IMO. Even if it's 50 straight games. It's not hard to win like that when you basically cheat to create a great team...

March 22nd, 2013, 4:22 pm
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]