View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 24th, 2014, 4:35 am

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Bears announce Urlacher will not return 
QB Coach

Post Bears announce Urlacher will not return
Urlacher and the Bears couldn't come to a contract agreement and they will look elsewhere now. Apparently the Bears offered him a 1 year deal with a max value of $2M.

March 20th, 2013, 7:55 pm
Post Re: Bears announce Urlacher will not return
inheritedlionsfan wrote:
Urlacher and the Bears couldn't come to a contract agreement and they will look elsewhere now. Apparently the Bears offered him a 1 year deal with a max value of $2M.

Wow... Want revenge Mr. Urlacher?

:idea: :arrow:

IMO he's pretty much washed up, but his knowledge alone would help our squad more than $2M per. I'd bet he lands a long-term deal, but our location (and unfortunately Minnesota's location) offer some convenient choices for someone that probably has pretty deep Chicago roots at this point.

March 20th, 2013, 7:57 pm
RIP Killer

Wow, he's worth $2M in any aspect. He's still better than tulloch at this point and his leadership and knowledge would be outstanding. Hell, I'd take him out of position at SAM, as he's still better in coverage than levy.

March 20th, 2013, 8:35 pm
Butkus Award Winner

conversion02 wrote:
Wow, he's worth $2M in any aspect. He's still better than tulloch at this point and his leadership and knowledge would be outstanding. Hell, I'd take him out of position at SAM, as he's still better in coverage than levy.

This. He'd be an upgrade basically anywhere. If we don't have to restructure anything to do it, maybe offer him 2 years, $8 million with many roster bonuses.

March 20th, 2013, 9:14 pm
RIP Killer

We do have a massive hole at OLB that they're relying an unproven nobody to fill...

March 20th, 2013, 9:38 pm
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

conversion02 wrote:

Absolutely agreed. Urlacher would be a huuge upgrade over Tulloch, even if he's used situationally.

March 21st, 2013, 10:16 am
3rd Round Selection

conversion02 wrote:
We do have a massive hole at OLB that they're relying an unproven nobody to fill...

Surely Durant's still an option?

March 23rd, 2013, 2:50 am
Heisman Winner

UK Lion wrote:
conversion02 wrote:

He's a FA I believe.

March 23rd, 2013, 9:02 am
NFL Veteran

UK Lion wrote:
conversion02 wrote:

I has been reported multiple times that he's unlikely to be resigned, so he probably isn't an option. They seem like Palmer is their preferred guy to take over the spot as of now.

March 23rd, 2013, 10:01 am
QB Coach

They're talking up Palmer so much I'm worried they'll take Jarvis Jones at 5.

March 23rd, 2013, 12:40 pm
3rd Round Selection

rao wrote:
UK Lion wrote:
conversion02 wrote:

I has been reported multiple times that he's unlikely to be resigned, so he probably isn't an option. They seem like Palmer is their preferred guy to take over the spot as of now.

Fair enough, although I would have thought that his price would be dropping like a stone given the lack of interest in him so far in FA. Perhaps the Lions think even vet minimum is too much, though?

March 25th, 2013, 6:29 am
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Durant is visiting the Cowboys. I guess if he signs there, it rules out Urlacher signing with them.

The way I see it, no team will sign Urlacher until after the draft. And as much as I know it won't happen, I hope it is us who sign him in the end.

March 25th, 2013, 8:49 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Bears are gonna be a mess next year. I've said it before, Lovie got those old guys playing well and covered up years of bad drafting. I expect them to be in the basement of the North.

March 25th, 2013, 11:05 am
QB Coach

From a die hard fan I've talked to the Bears are going to win the division with GB taking a step back, Minnie falling out of the North with the loss of their 2nd best weapon, and bringing in WHO to play QB. He believes their offense is going to be unstoppable because of this new coach from the CFL who supposedly coached in the NFL as an assistant somewhere.

I think we can predict until were blue in the face, but until the games are played, no one really knows. I hope Detroit comes out firing on all cylinders, because they really seemed lifeless and without heart last season, which was a complete opposite from the season before.

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

March 25th, 2013, 3:34 pm
thelomasbrowns wrote:
Bears are gonna be a mess next year. I've said it before, Lovie got those old guys playing well and covered up years of bad drafting. I expect them to be in the basement of the North.

What "old guys' did he get playing well?

IMO he's a horrible HC, in the same league as Mike Tomlin from Pitt.

March 25th, 2013, 6:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next