View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 25th, 2014, 9:38 am

Reply to topic  [ 652 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 ... 44  Next
 Off-Season Moves 
Heisman Winner

Post Re: Off-Season Moves
Jets G Brandon Moore is visiting the Lions according to MLive. I haven't followed him much, but the little I saw of him a couple years ago was all good. Lets see how this pans out.

March 22nd, 2013, 3:09 pm
DayDreamer wrote:
Jets G Brandon Moore is visiting the Lions according to MLive. I haven't followed him much, but the little I saw of him a couple years ago was all good. Lets see how this pans out.

I don't get this move... Between Nagy, Fox, Hilliard, and Reiff IMO we're set at OG. I would give the open OG spot to Nagy, given that he's the heir apparent to Raiola, allegedly. I don't think it's smart to play a guy at OG that hasn't been tested and has trouble staying healthy. Further, by all accounts the guy is supposed to be a beast, and should be a good OG.

March 22nd, 2013, 3:11 pm
Team MVP

wjb21ndtown wrote:
DayDreamer wrote:

I don't get this move... Between Nagy, Fox, Hilliard, and Reiff IMO we're set at OG. I would give the open OG spot to Nagy, given that he's the heir apparent to Raiola, allegedly. I don't think it's smart to play a guy at OG that hasn't been tested and has trouble staying healthy. Further, by all accounts the guy is supposed to be a beast, and should be a good OG.

Im confused, who are you referring to in the bold? lol

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

March 22nd, 2013, 3:24 pm
kdsberman wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
DayDreamer wrote:

Im confused, who are you referring to in the bold? lol

That's supposed to say "I don't think it's smart to play a guy at OC (meaning next year), that hasn't been tested and has had trouble staying healthy.

Probably makes more sense that way ;-)

March 22nd, 2013, 3:36 pm
Team MVP

Oh ok, makes sense.

What he said!

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

March 22nd, 2013, 3:42 pm
Heisman Winner

I'm thinking they'll start Nagy at C with Raiola backing him up, which isn't a bad move. And at this point, it is pretty clear that Kansas City is going OT with their first pick, and most likely both the top OTs will be gone by #5, my guess is we'll Reiff at LT, and Sims, Nagy, FA (Moore maybe), Hilliard/Fox as the rest of the line.

March 22nd, 2013, 4:14 pm
NFL Veteran

I don't think they will sign Moore, he left the Dolphins without a deal and they had been overpaying all over the place. He probably wants more than the market is paying for a 33 yr old RG and will end up signing a deal with a better perceived team like the Cowboys.

I hope they don't sign him, I don't see any reason to cover up your young guys with a 1-2 yr stopgap vet.

March 22nd, 2013, 4:38 pm
Butkus Award Winner

rao wrote:
I don't think they will sign Moore, he left the Dolphins without a deal and they had been overpaying all over the place. He probably wants more than the market is paying for a 33 yr old RG and will end up signing a deal with a better perceived team like the Cowboys.

I hope they don't sign him, I don't see any reason to cover up your young guys with a 1-2 yr stopgap vet.

I honestly think we're in a better cap situation than Dallas, so if it's based on money, he'll favor us. Though Miami has been overpaying for some players, they wouldn't pay Jake Long $9 million a year, so they are making sensible decisions.

I really think we can land this guy. If not, and we don't see a clear answer at RG on the team, Chance Warmack will be waiting.

March 22nd, 2013, 4:43 pm
NFL Veteran

Shotty wrote:
rao wrote:

I honestly think we're in a better cap situation than Dallas, so if it's based on money, he'll favor us. Though Miami has been overpaying for some players, they wouldn't pay Jake Long $9 million a year, so they are making sensible decisions.

I really think we can land this guy. If not, and we don't see a clear answer at RG on the team, Chance Warmack will be waiting.

I should have said he'll sign a smaller deal than he was looking for with the Cowboys. I don't think the Lions are going to try and out bid the other teams for him, but I could be wrong and Mayhew could feel they really want him.

Outbidding a team for a 33 yr old OG just sounds like a bad idea to me.

March 22nd, 2013, 4:48 pm
Butkus Award Winner

rao wrote:
Shotty wrote:
rao wrote:

I should have said he'll sign a smaller deal than he was looking for with the Cowboys. I don't think the Lions are going to try and out bid the other teams for him, but I could be wrong and Mayhew could feel they really want him.

Would you say 2 years, $11 million is reasonable? That's the absolute most I think MM would give.

March 22nd, 2013, 4:56 pm
DayDreamer wrote:
I'm thinking they'll start Nagy at C with Raiola backing him up, which isn't a bad move. And at this point, it is pretty clear that Kansas City is going OT with their first pick, and most likely both the top OTs will be gone by #5, my guess is we'll Reiff at LT, and Sims, Nagy, FA (Moore maybe), Hilliard/Fox as the rest of the line.

I honestly can't see us starting Nagy over Raiola. We still favor our vets and Dom is a huge douchebag. I can't see him taking a benching lightly.

Outside of Warmack or drafted OG, I can't see picking up a guard being a smart move for us.

March 22nd, 2013, 5:18 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

I agreew with you. For a FA OG to make sense it would need to be a Sims like pickup (Someone who can play 3-5 years here), and only if they know they are putting Reiff at Tackle. a 1-=2 yr 33yo Stopgap doesnt make sense unless its near vet min as a backup, and obv Moore wants moore than that.

March 22nd, 2013, 6:01 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
DJ-B wrote:
I agreew with you. For a FA OG to make sense it would need to be a Sims like pickup (Someone who can play 3-5 years here), and only if they know they are putting Reiff at Tackle. a 1-=2 yr 33yo Stopgap doesnt make sense unless its near vet min as a backup, and obv Moore wants moore than that.

For sure, it just doesn't make sense. I mean, I would be comfortable starting any of: Hilliard, Fox, Nagy or Reiff at the open OG spot. It's the OTs I'm worried about. I honestly think we're set everywhere EXCEPT LT, the most important position.

March 22nd, 2013, 6:07 pm
NFL Veteran

Shotty wrote:
rao wrote:
Shotty wrote:
rao wrote:

Would you say 2 years, $11 million is reasonable? That's the absolute most I think MM would give.

I'll definitely pass on that. I'm not even remotely interested in paying a 33 year old OG $5.5M.

March 22nd, 2013, 6:21 pm
Walk On

Killwill25 wrote:
sweetd20 wrote:
Rolondo is a 3-4 ILB and he hasn't even done that very well yet in the NFL. I'd rather let last year's rookies have their shot or draft one in the 3rd round or later.

I understand he wasn't that great in Oak, but whenever your dealing with players from teams like the Raiders you gotta look at both sides. The Raiders themselves could be part of his problem. Look at Richard Seymore's production since he went there.

I agree, look @ Randy Moss going from Raiders to Patriots in 1 season. An if he was better suited as 4-3 LB versus 3-4 LB coming out the draft, this could be a double whammy on his production. Because this kid was a beast coming out of Alabama.

March 23rd, 2013, 12:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 652 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 ... 44  Next