View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 23rd, 2014, 12:30 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Brian Banks 
QB Coach

Post Brian Banks
So I heard about this kid a little bit during the season, but just watched his story/interview on 60 Minutes. This guy deserves a shot. I know a few teams gave him tryouts and he didn't make it, but he's been out of football for so long. Hopefully someone will get him trained up and he makes an NFL team.

March 24th, 2013, 8:26 pm
Post Re: Brian Banks
Yea, I watched that too... Unfortunately "come back" attempts like that rarely work out, but it'd be cool if he can find some sort of success in football and some things go right for the guy.

March 24th, 2013, 8:44 pm
NFL Veteran

I feel bad for the guy, but realistically he has very little chance of making a team. He only played High School ball before going to prison and he was out of playing shape for way too long. He got sometime in the UFL, so maybe that will help out. I'm cheering for the guy just like I was last year, but he may not have had NFL talent before he went to prison.

March 24th, 2013, 10:16 pm
QB Coach

Yeah I know it's longer than a longshot. Maybe he can catch on in the CFL.

March 24th, 2013, 10:49 pm
QB Coach

Kinda cool I got to see Brian speak today at GW Law School. He talked for about an hour and is apparently working with the California Innocence Project (the ones who got him exonerated) to spread knowledge and get people more involved. He has also been giving presentations on the hill about law reform. Just a really cool and inspiring experience.

February 27th, 2014, 5:22 pm
Varsity Captain

Didn't see this interview but is this the kid that spent 10 yrs in prison for something he didn't do?

February 27th, 2014, 7:32 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]