View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 25th, 2014, 6:39 am

Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Drafting Eric Fisher 
Post Re: Drafting Eric Fisher
Shotty wrote:
BillySims wrote:
Shotty wrote:
inheritedlionsfan wrote:
I don't think anyone is going to buy KC taking Geno Smith. They gave up a good amount for Alex Smith and they need help elsewhere.

And paid their backup $3.3 million a year. No way they take GS at #1.

$3-5 Million a year is about the going rate for a good backup QB. Without looking it up or knowing in advance, I bet Shaun Hill is costing us around $5 Million/year.

It'd just be odd for them to pay AS $8-9 million a year, a backup $3-4 million a year, and Geno $3-4 million a year. I think they're only trying to get a team like Jacksonville or Oakland, who's sold on Geno, to trade up for him.

That won't happen. They have their Qb, for this year anyhow.

April 2nd, 2013, 11:48 am
RIP Killer

I believe Hill is around $3M

April 3rd, 2013, 5:06 am
Modmin Dude

spotrac wrote:
CONTRACT:2 yr(s) / $5,500,000 SIGNING BONUS $1,000,000 AVERAGE SALARY $2,750,000 END YEAR:2013 FREE AGENT:2014 / Unrestricted
YEAR BASE S. BONUS MISC. CAP HIT DEAD
2012 1,750,000 500,000 - 2,250,000 -
2013 2,400,000 500,000 350,000 3,250,000 500,000
http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/detroit-lions/shaun-hill/

April 3rd, 2013, 9:09 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Call me crazy, but I think we're gonna end up with Fisher.

April 5th, 2013, 10:03 am
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

thelomasbrowns wrote:
Call me crazy, but I think we're gonna end up with Fisher.

Fingers crossed!

April 5th, 2013, 12:13 pm
League MVP

Fisher would be a huge acquisition - assuming he s as good as everyone says (i havent really seen him play). Reiff did not show the ability to pass block last preseason or in the game he started while Stafford doesnt do a great job of feeling pressure or escaping the pocket when pressure is present. Reiff did look like a decent run blocker however and that could upgrade either the RT or RG spots.

April 5th, 2013, 1:11 pm

The Legend wrote:
Fisher would be a huge acquisition - assuming he s as good as everyone says (i havent really seen him play). Reiff did not show the ability to pass block last preseason or in the game he started while Stafford doesnt do a great job of feeling pressure or escaping the pocket when pressure is present. Reiff did look like a decent run blocker however and that could upgrade either the RT or RG spots.

Dont forget it takes 2-3 years for Linemen to really "get" playing in the pros. Its WAY too early to write off Reiff. Just like any of the 3 Tackles in this years draft are GOING to struggle their first year. Patience my friend. Reiff may still be a very solid player LT...it's too early to tell. (though personally I want Fisher at LT and move Reiff to RT)

April 5th, 2013, 1:27 pm

regularjoe12 wrote:
The Legend wrote:

Dont forget it takes 2-3 years for Linemen to really "get" playing in the pros. Its WAY too early to write off Reiff. Just like any of the 3 Tackles in this years draft are GOING to struggle their first year. Patience my friend. Reiff may still be a very solid player LT...it's too early to tell. (though personally I want Fisher at LT and move Reiff to RT)

IMO this is mostly incorrect when you are talking Rd 1 OL. Some Bust, Some Don't, very few are bad for multiple years while they learn and then suddenly become good.

I Don't think Reiff is a write off, but I also don't think hell ever be a top 10 LT (and that's what we want for Staffs backside since he IS the franchise for the next 5+ years min) , and he could probably be a very solid RT or even exceptional OG. I think taking Fisher or Joeckel at 5 or Johnson after a small trade down (7-10) is a No brainer if we want Stafford to have the best chance to not only survive but also become all he can be.

April 5th, 2013, 1:36 pm
Profile ICQ WWW

DJ-B wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:
The Legend wrote:

IMO this is mostly incorrect when you are talking Rd 1 OL. Some Bust, Some Don't, very few are bad for multiple years while they learn and then suddenly become good.

I Don't think Reiff is a write off, but I also don't think hell ever be a top 10 LT (and that's what we want for Staffs backside since he IS the franchise for the next 5+ years min) , and he could probably be a very solid RT or even exceptional OG. I think taking Fisher or Joeckel at 5 or Johnson after a small trade down (7-10) is a No brainer if we want Stafford to have the best chance to not only survive but also become all he can be.

In some cases you are correct, but dont forget the average NFL rookie adds about 20-30 lbs of muscle in their first 2 years. thats HUGE in the NFL. especially for a linemen.

April 5th, 2013, 2:44 pm
Team MVP

DJ-B wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:
The Legend wrote:

This.

Most years, this board can mostly agree on who the Lions should target in the draft, and I always say I hope Mayhew feels the same. But this year I mean it the most. I dont know know how Mayhew can think otherwise. For Stafford to succeed, and this offense in general, one of those 3 tackles NEEDS to be drafted by Detroit. We simply do not have a solid LT on our roster.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

April 5th, 2013, 9:40 pm

kdsberman wrote:
DJ-B wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:
The Legend wrote:

This.

Most years, this board can mostly agree on who the Lions should target in the draft, and I always say I hope Mayhew feels the same. But this year I mean it the most. I dont know know how Mayhew can think otherwise. For Stafford to succeed, and this offense in general, one of those 3 tackles NEEDS to be drafted by Detroit. We simply do not have a solid LT on our roster.

Saying we HAVE to take a tackle makes me nervous--reminds me of 2009 when you supposedly had all these great tackles to choose from and they all turned out to be busts/underwhelming.

April 5th, 2013, 10:20 pm

My problem with all the Fisher love is that all most nobody on here has actually seen him except maybe the MSU game and Senior Bowl practices. The Senior Bowl practices don't excite me as they are one on one battles which means the O-lineman doesn't have to worry about stunts or blitzes. As far as the little game footage I've seen he just doesn't pop out as a "wow" guy. To me he looks like a good LT with upside but right now I see Backus and I don't think anybody would be excited using a #5 pick on the next Backus. Fisher has made that post season rise up boards like Smith did a few years back and now he's struggling to hold a roster spot in he league. Don't get me wrong whether he ends up a Lion or on another team I hope he ends up being All-Pro just like I do for any young player with a dream to play in the NFL. Out of e three top LTs I actually think Johnson will be the best fit for the Lion's offense and their passing game. As I said earlier I haven't seen enough of Fisher and Joeckel scares me a little coming from an offense that had QBs that scrambled around a lot and had a lot of roll outs. That makes me wonder how good he will be protecting a pocket passer in three or more WR sets. I'm not sure any of them really excite me at #5, but they are in need of O-line help and even being skeptical I wouldn't be depressed with any of them at #5.

April 6th, 2013, 8:00 am
Team MVP

thelomasbrowns wrote:
kdsberman wrote:
DJ-B wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:
The Legend wrote:

This.

Saying we HAVE to take a tackle makes me nervous--reminds me of 2009 when you supposedly had all these great tackles to choose from and they all turned out to be busts/underwhelming.

Im no Mike Mayock, but I hated the tackles in the 2009 draft class at the time.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

April 6th, 2013, 8:38 am
Veteran General Manager

kdsberman wrote:
DJ-B wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:
The Legend wrote:

This.

Actually, most years, there are like 4-5 different groups supporting a different guy. This is the 1st time I can ever remember where virtually everyone agrees as to who our 1st round pick should be.

April 6th, 2013, 10:32 am
Veteran General Manager

sweetd20 wrote:
My problem with all the Fisher love is that all most nobody on here has actually seen him except maybe the MSU game and Senior Bowl practices. The Senior Bowl practices don't excite me as they are one on one battles which means the O-lineman doesn't have to worry about stunts or blitzes. As far as the little game footage I've seen he just doesn't pop out as a "wow" guy. To me he looks like a good LT with upside but right now I see Backus and I don't think anybody would be excited using a #5 pick on the next Backus. Fisher has made that post season rise up boards like Smith did a few years back and now he's struggling to hold a roster spot in he league. Don't get me wrong whether he ends up a Lion or on another team I hope he ends up being All-Pro just like I do for any young player with a dream to play in the NFL. Out of e three top LTs I actually think Johnson will be the best fit for the Lion's offense and their passing game. As I said earlier I haven't seen enough of Fisher and Joeckel scares me a little coming from an offense that had QBs that scrambled around a lot and had a lot of roll outs. That makes me wonder how good he will be protecting a pocket passer in three or more WR sets. I'm not sure any of them really excite me at #5, but they are in need of O-line help and even being skeptical I wouldn't be depressed with any of them at #5.

I agree with the bolded part. It is 1 reason I would not object, if Joekel and Fisher are gone at 5, if we took Johnson. The other, I just feel it in my bones, Johnson is going to prove to be the best of the 3.

April 6th, 2013, 10:37 am
Reply to topic   [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next