View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 2nd, 2014, 4:39 am



Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post your realistic perfect 2013 Lions draft scenario 
Author Message
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman
User avatar

Joined: March 30th, 2006, 12:48 am
Posts: 3713
Location: Davison Mi
Post Re: Post your realistic perfect 2013 Lions draft scenario
wjb21ndtown wrote:
I'm not worried about MN getting Austin. IMO you build you team, you don't take a player just so another team can't build the team they want. Further, it's not sustainable. We'd have him for a few years and have to let him go. I'd rather stay put and get a player that we can keep around for a while.

I'd like to see us end up with a new TE in this draft. I wonder if Pett has any trade value at this point....


If Finley didn't, I doubt Pett does. They're cut from the same mold IMO.

_________________
2013 Lionbacker Fantasy Football Champion


April 7th, 2013, 11:14 am
Profile
Post Re: Post your realistic perfect 2013 Lions draft scenario
regularjoe12 wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
I'm not worried about MN getting Austin. IMO you build you team, you don't take a player just so another team can't build the team they want. Further, it's not sustainable. We'd have him for a few years and have to let him go. I'd rather stay put and get a player that we can keep around for a while.

I'd like to see us end up with a new TE in this draft. I wonder if Pett has any trade value at this point....


If Finley didn't, I doubt Pett does. They're cut from the same mold IMO.


It'd be nice to get a 2nd or 3rd for him. I don't see us being able to afford him after this season, and I can't stand him anyhow.


April 7th, 2013, 11:15 am
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman
User avatar

Joined: March 30th, 2006, 12:48 am
Posts: 3713
Location: Davison Mi
Post Re: Post your realistic perfect 2013 Lions draft scenario
wjb21ndtown wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
I'm not worried about MN getting Austin. IMO you build you team, you don't take a player just so another team can't build the team they want. Further, it's not sustainable. We'd have him for a few years and have to let him go. I'd rather stay put and get a player that we can keep around for a while.

I'd like to see us end up with a new TE in this draft. I wonder if Pett has any trade value at this point....


If Finley didn't, I doubt Pett does. They're cut from the same mold IMO.


It'd be nice to get a 2nd or 3rd for him. I don't see us being able to afford him after this season, and I can't stand him anyhow.



I agree, I just don't see that happening. I think we'd be lucky if we got a 4rd pick for him. And on our roster he's worth more than that.

_________________
2013 Lionbacker Fantasy Football Champion


April 7th, 2013, 12:50 pm
Profile
Post Re: Post your realistic perfect 2013 Lions draft scenario
regularjoe12 wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
I'm not worried about MN getting Austin. IMO you build you team, you don't take a player just so another team can't build the team they want. Further, it's not sustainable. We'd have him for a few years and have to let him go. I'd rather stay put and get a player that we can keep around for a while.

I'd like to see us end up with a new TE in this draft. I wonder if Pett has any trade value at this point....


If Finley didn't, I doubt Pett does. They're cut from the same mold IMO.


It'd be nice to get a 2nd or 3rd for him. I don't see us being able to afford him after this season, and I can't stand him anyhow.



I agree, I just don't see that happening. I think we'd be lucky if we got a 4rd pick for him. And on our roster he's worth more than that.


To rent for one year? I don't know about that. Did you already forget the "Pettigrew Sucks" thread from last year (that I didn't start)? I'd rather roll with Scheff, Heller, and a rookie that's going to be around for a while than Pett. IMO we have a better shot of re-signing Scheff too.


April 7th, 2013, 12:54 pm
League MVP

Joined: February 11th, 2005, 3:01 pm
Posts: 3534
Location: WSU
Post Re: Post your realistic perfect 2013 Lions draft scenario
if you could trade Pettigrew for a 4th round pick, I would say make the move and draft Jordan Reed right in that 4th round range and instantly have more of a skilled receiver in that spot (and have him for 4 years at low cost).

Where has allenslions been with his claims that Pettigrew is a top 5 TE in the NFL?


April 9th, 2013, 10:01 am
Profile
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)
User avatar

Joined: August 24th, 2010, 9:54 pm
Posts: 2249
Post Re: Post your realistic perfect 2013 Lions draft scenario
wjb21ndtown wrote:
To rent for one year? I don't know about that. Did you already forget the "Pettigrew Sucks" thread from last year (that I didn't start)? I'd rather roll with Scheff, Heller, and a rookie that's going to be around for a while than Pett. IMO we have a better shot of re-signing Scheff too.


I don't understand your reasoning here. Pettigrew sucks but it's going to be too much money to re-sign him (ie he must be pretty good).

_________________
Driver of the Jim Caldwell bandwagon. Climb aboard.


April 9th, 2013, 10:07 am
Profile
Post Re: Post your realistic perfect 2013 Lions draft scenario
thelomasbrowns wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
To rent for one year? I don't know about that. Did you already forget the "Pettigrew Sucks" thread from last year (that I didn't start)? I'd rather roll with Scheff, Heller, and a rookie that's going to be around for a while than Pett. IMO we have a better shot of re-signing Scheff too.


I don't understand your reasoning here. Pettigrew sucks but it's going to be too much money to re-sign him (ie he must be pretty good).


No, he "must not be pretty good." He's going to be an over-valued FA due to "stats" not actual production or play.


April 9th, 2013, 10:09 am
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman
User avatar

Joined: March 30th, 2006, 12:48 am
Posts: 3713
Location: Davison Mi
Post Re: Post your realistic perfect 2013 Lions draft scenario
wjb21ndtown wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
To rent for one year? I don't know about that. Did you already forget the "Pettigrew Sucks" thread from last year (that I didn't start)? I'd rather roll with Scheff, Heller, and a rookie that's going to be around for a while than Pett. IMO we have a better shot of re-signing Scheff too.


I don't understand your reasoning here. Pettigrew sucks but it's going to be too much money to re-sign him (ie he must be pretty good).


No, he "must not be pretty good." He's going to be an over-valued FA due to "stats" not actual production or play.


Once again...So was Finley. Nobody wanted him. We'd be REALLY LUCKY to get a 4th for Pett....I just dont see it happening

_________________
2013 Lionbacker Fantasy Football Champion


April 9th, 2013, 10:21 am
Profile
Post Re: Post your realistic perfect 2013 Lions draft scenario
regularjoe12 wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
To rent for one year? I don't know about that. Did you already forget the "Pettigrew Sucks" thread from last year (that I didn't start)? I'd rather roll with Scheff, Heller, and a rookie that's going to be around for a while than Pett. IMO we have a better shot of re-signing Scheff too.


I don't understand your reasoning here. Pettigrew sucks but it's going to be too much money to re-sign him (ie he must be pretty good).


No, he "must not be pretty good." He's going to be an over-valued FA due to "stats" not actual production or play.


Once again...So was Finley. Nobody wanted him. We'd be REALLY LUCKY to get a 4th for Pett....I just dont see it happening


Finley signed a 2 year, $14 million dollar deal. You're kind of proving my point here...


April 9th, 2013, 11:06 am
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman
User avatar

Joined: March 30th, 2006, 12:48 am
Posts: 3713
Location: Davison Mi
Post Re: Post your realistic perfect 2013 Lions draft scenario
wjb21ndtown wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
To rent for one year? I don't know about that. Did you already forget the "Pettigrew Sucks" thread from last year (that I didn't start)? I'd rather roll with Scheff, Heller, and a rookie that's going to be around for a while than Pett. IMO we have a better shot of re-signing Scheff too.


I don't understand your reasoning here. Pettigrew sucks but it's going to be too much money to re-sign him (ie he must be pretty good).


No, he "must not be pretty good." He's going to be an over-valued FA due to "stats" not actual production or play.


Once again...So was Finley. Nobody wanted him. We'd be REALLY LUCKY to get a 4th for Pett....I just dont see it happening


Finley signed a 2 year, $14 million dollar deal. You're kind of proving my point here...


Wow, did he sign for THAT much? holy crap! wasnt aware of that....

why the heck did they pay that much for a guy they had on the trade block last year???? ESPECIALLY after they never got a nibble.

_________________
2013 Lionbacker Fantasy Football Champion


April 9th, 2013, 11:09 am
Profile
Post Re: Post your realistic perfect 2013 Lions draft scenario
regularjoe12 wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
To rent for one year? I don't know about that. Did you already forget the "Pettigrew Sucks" thread from last year (that I didn't start)? I'd rather roll with Scheff, Heller, and a rookie that's going to be around for a while than Pett. IMO we have a better shot of re-signing Scheff too.


I don't understand your reasoning here. Pettigrew sucks but it's going to be too much money to re-sign him (ie he must be pretty good).


No, he "must not be pretty good." He's going to be an over-valued FA due to "stats" not actual production or play.


Once again...So was Finley. Nobody wanted him. We'd be REALLY LUCKY to get a 4th for Pett....I just dont see it happening


Finley signed a 2 year, $14 million dollar deal. You're kind of proving my point here...


Wow, did he sign for THAT much? holy crap! wasnt aware of that....

why the heck did they pay that much for a guy they had on the trade block last year???? ESPECIALLY after they never got a nibble.


They signed him in the 2012 offseason. This season is the final year of that 2 year deal. I don't know when they were allegedly trying to trade him, but they were probably trying to get out of that ridiculous contract that they signed with him.


April 9th, 2013, 11:12 am
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman
User avatar

Joined: March 30th, 2006, 12:48 am
Posts: 3713
Location: Davison Mi
Post Re: Post your realistic perfect 2013 Lions draft scenario
I read that they were seriously unhappy with him and had him on the block from about week 3 untill the end of the trade deadline.

pound for pound I think Finley is slightly better of the two TE's. thats why I used him for comparisons.

_________________
2013 Lionbacker Fantasy Football Champion


April 9th, 2013, 11:20 am
Profile
Post Re: Post your realistic perfect 2013 Lions draft scenario
regularjoe12 wrote:
I read that they were seriously unhappy with him and had him on the block from about week 3 untill the end of the trade deadline.

pound for pound I think Finley is slightly better of the two TE's. thats why I used him for comparisons.


I do too. He's much more athletic, he has much better hands, and he's much more reliable IN THE CLUTCH (in caps because people are going to bitch about the "reliability" part and leave out the clutch part, people on here can't read for chit).

I expect Finley to have a beast of a year, being in a contract year. We'll see, I guess... He's sort of a 6th-7th round sleeper for me in FF this year.


April 9th, 2013, 11:23 am
Veteran General Manager
User avatar

Joined: May 7th, 2005, 3:25 pm
Posts: 7263
Location: Earth/Sagittarius Dwarf Galaxy
Post Re: Post your realistic perfect 2013 Lions draft scenario
I would be happy if the first 3 rounds went like this:

1. Fisher, OT, CMU
2. Okefur, DE, Texas
3. Honey Badger. If we want him though, we might have to trade back into the 2nd round ahead of Seattle. I heard the Seahawks might take him with their 2nd round pick. If Honey Badger is gone, then take Travis Frederick, G/C, Wisconsin.


April 9th, 2013, 9:04 pm
Profile
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)
User avatar

Joined: April 5th, 2007, 5:51 pm
Posts: 2279
Post Re: Post your realistic perfect 2013 Lions draft scenario
I like the HB but hes a 5'9" Nickel (at best) Corner and return man. Anything before 4th rd pick 35 for us would be retarded. We need a #1/2 CB, not a 3/4 + Return Man. While we need a returner, it should be a WR or Scatback in the later rounds.


April 9th, 2013, 9:10 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.