View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 20th, 2014, 8:26 pm

Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Drafting Dee Milliner 
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Post Drafting Dee Milliner
Had to make this thread after I saw his Sports Science performance ( http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=9144133 )

This guy isn't usually mentioned as a candidate with the #5 pick, but at the same time most Lions fans I've talked to would be more than happy with him being the pick. The guy is a PHENOMENAL athlete and has the most sound ball skills in the draft. The secondary would be a non-issue if we got him. What amazes me most about him is how he can play press-man so well when he's pretty light for his height.

April 8th, 2013, 4:09 pm
Heisman Winner

Post Re: Drafting Dee Milliner
To me the pick is either one of the top two left tackles or Milliner, any of those three and I'm happy with the first round. Also it seems like every year the Lions are rumored to have attempted to move up in the draft to get a shutdown corner this year they are in a prime position to draft that shutdown corner without trading up.

The one thing you can't rule out this year is a trade out of the number 5 spot. My guess is Smith will be available and a team like the Cards, Jets or Bills might want to jump up and nab him before the Browns. I hate to speculate about trading back in a draft too much because too many times people trade back scenarios are far fetched. Only problem with this idea is you will not get one of the 3 players the Lions need most from this draft.

April 8th, 2013, 5:08 pm
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

aManNamedSuh wrote:
To me the pick is either one of the top two left tackles or Milliner, any of those three and I'm happy with the first round. Also it seems like every year the Lions are rumored to have attempted to move up in the draft to get a shutdown corner this year they are in a prime position to draft that shutdown corner without trading up.

The one thing you can't rule out this year is a trade out of the number 5 spot. My guess is Smith will be available and a team like the Cards, Jets or Bills might want to jump up and nab him before the Browns. I hate to speculate about trading back in a draft too much because too many times people trade back scenarios are far fetched. Only problem with this idea is you will not get one of the 3 players the Lions need most from this draft.

IMO, you don't trade back here unless it's no more than 4 spots and you get at least a 2nd and 3rd round pick and a 3rd next year. In that case, we'd be picking from Chance Warmack, Lane Johnson, Desmond Trufant/Johnathan Banks, and a bunch of talented LBs, with the option of trading down again.

April 8th, 2013, 5:29 pm
Heisman Winner

Shotty wrote:
IMO, you don't trade back here unless it's no more than 4 spots and you get at least a 2nd and 3rd round pick and a 3rd next year. In that case, we'd be picking from Chance Warmack, Lane Johnson, Desmond Trufant/Johnathan Banks, and a bunch of talented LBs, with the option of trading down again.

I agree with you 100%, unless it multiple future early first round picks

April 8th, 2013, 8:41 pm
Team MVP

I hate Sports Science. Doesnt make me want Milliner any more than if he wasnt on the show.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

April 9th, 2013, 8:58 am
ST Coordinator – John Bonamego

kdsberman wrote:
I hate Sports Science. Doesnt make me want Milliner any more than if he wasnt on the show.

I dont HATE it...but it's much more of a novelty show than it is anything showing any personal skills of any player.

April 9th, 2013, 10:29 am
regularjoe12 wrote:
kdsberman wrote:

I dont HATE it...but it's much more of a novelty show than it is anything showing any personal skills of any player.

I love that they had Chad Johnson on there, touting him as one of the best WRs in the league, the same year he caught about 5 passes for NE....

April 9th, 2013, 11:07 am

wjb21ndtown wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:
kdsberman wrote:

I love that they had Chad Johnson on there, touting him as one of the best WRs in the league, the same year he caught about 5 passes for NE....

But he can outrun a horse! HE'S THE GREATEST! lol

April 9th, 2013, 11:12 am
Team MVP

regularjoe12 wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:
kdsberman wrote:

But he can outrun a horse! HE'S THE GREATEST! lol

Exactly.

Thats why that show annoys me. "He has as much power as a space shuttle lifting off". "Thats equal to the amount of force generated by a 747 at full speed"... give me a break.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

April 9th, 2013, 11:51 am
RIP Killer

Shotty wrote:
Had to make this thread after I saw his Sports Science performance ( http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=9144133 )

This guy isn't usually mentioned as a candidate with the #5 pick, but at the same time most Lions fans I've talked to would be more than happy with him being the pick. The guy is a PHENOMENAL athlete and has the most sound ball skills in the draft. The secondary would be a non-issue if we got him. What amazes me most about him is how he can play press-man so well when he's pretty light for his height.

What rock have you been hiding under? Milliner has been brought up time and again as a possible pick for the Lions at #5, along with Ziggy Ansah, Eric Fisher and Luke Joeckel. Milliner became a top 5 candidate when he answered questions about his speed by running 4.4 at the Combines. He was pretty much unanimously thought of as the best CB in the draft even prior to that, it was just a matter of how soon he would come off the board. Some draft pundits see him as the safest pick in the entire draft, and feel he is definitely the best defensive player in the draft. He could go as early as #2 to Jacksonville. Most feel he won't get past Cleveland if the Lions pass on him.

April 11th, 2013, 10:04 am

m2karateman wrote:
Shotty wrote:

What rock have you been hiding under? Milliner has been brought up time and again as a possible pick for the Lions at #5, along with Ziggy Ansah, Eric Fisher and Luke Joeckel. Milliner became a top 5 candidate when he answered questions about his speed by running 4.4 at the Combines. He was pretty much unanimously thought of as the best CB in the draft even prior to that, it was just a matter of how soon he would come off the board. Some draft pundits see him as the safest pick in the entire draft, and feel he is definitely the best defensive player in the draft. He could go as early as #2 to Jacksonville. Most feel he won't get past Cleveland if the Lions pass on him.

ok I know they are in no way shape or form related...but the bolded part sent a chill down my spine. wasnt that the EXACT same thing they said about Curry? ( the LB seattle got when we took Stafford)

for no logical reason whatsoever i just got a baaaaaaaad feeling about Millner ;)

April 11th, 2013, 11:00 am
#1 Overall Pick

regularjoe12 wrote:
m2karateman wrote:
Shotty wrote:

ok I know they are in no way shape or form related...but the bolded part sent a chill down my spine. wasnt that the EXACT same thing they said about Curry? ( the LB seattle got when we took Stafford)

for no logical reason whatsoever i just got a baaaaaaaad feeling about Millner ;)

It'll be the same thing they say about Clowney next year, is it going to give you a bad feeling then?

April 11th, 2013, 11:28 am

rao wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:
m2karateman wrote:
Shotty wrote:

It'll be the same thing they say about Clowney next year, is it going to give you a bad feeling then?

It might! lol time will tell :wink:

April 11th, 2013, 11:37 am
Team MVP

rao wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:
m2karateman wrote:
Shotty wrote:

I know I wont have that feeling with Clowney.

April 11th, 2013, 12:12 pm
I cautioned against Aaron Curry. You always have to question the guys that don't have to do it against big competition. Playing for Wake Forest just isn't the same as playing against the top schools with the top competition.

Millner is a different story coming from Bama. I do think he is a "safe" pick, but I think he will just be a "solid" (not good, just solid) CB.

His 10 yard times scare me, which was brought up as one of the reasons he doesn't look to "play" as fast as he runs. Still, I think he'll have a decent NFL career.

April 11th, 2013, 12:57 pm
Reply to topic   [ 63 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next