View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 21st, 2014, 6:12 pm

Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Two Weeks - Who is your Guy? 

Who do you want the Lions to draft @ #5
Poll ended at April 26th, 2013, 10:45 am
CB Dee Milliner 7%  7%  [ 2 ]
DE Dion Jordan 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
DE Ziggy Ansah 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
OG Chance Warmack 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
OT Luke Joeckel 15%  15%  [ 4 ]
OT Eric Fisher 56%  56%  [ 15 ]
Other 19%  19%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 27

Two Weeks - Who is your Guy? 
Butkus Award Winner

Post Re: Two Weeks - Who is your Guy?
I honestly think that there is not a SINGLE player with the worth of a #5 selection. Not Fisher, not Milliner, not Lane Johnson, none of them. I say we trade down at all costs with a FO that can be taken advantage of like the Jets or Bucs. Both make awful moves often, and I think one would give a few 2nd round picks to trade up and get Milliner.

Now, if we trade down to the 9-13 range, I think this should be the priority list. Take the highest one there:

1. Lane Johnson
2. Ziggy Ansah
3. Chance Warmack
4. Xavier Rhodes
5. Jarvis Jones

April 12th, 2013, 4:32 pm
Butkus Award Winner

kdsberman wrote:
Killwill25 wrote:
I can't believe so many people think that Fisher or Joekel will be there at 5. I'm really hoping that TB wants to trade up from 13 for Milliner(Rhodes is the better CB). But all trades aside, I'd probably go with Lane Johnson because he will actually be there and its time to build an O-line. Everyone says Ansah is a project but I'd still take that over the absolute pure nothing we got from KVB last season. I just think that guys like Gholston, Okafor(Who I love as a player), Mingus, Carradine, and Moore will be around later.

I used to not think Fisher would be there at 5, but I really do think he will now, as long as a trade in front of us doesnt happen.

I see KC going Joeckel, like most everyone.

I do NOT see JAX taking Fisher. They said they want a guy that can come in day 1 and change this franchise and be an impact player. Usually you dont refer to LTs as those kinds of guys even though they impact the game in a big way. They were dead last in the league in sacks last year and havent had a guy produce double digit sacks since 2006. I think they will DEFINITELY go defense, im thinking Floyd or Jordan. They have to get pass rushers in there. Possibly Geno Smith too.

I do NOT see Oakland taking Fisher. They, too, need defense. The only team to get less sacks than them was Jacksonville. They lost Richard Seymour. Lost Tommy Kelly. They already have a solid LT in Monroe, and they wont draft a RT at #3. If Floyd or Star are there, they almost have no choice but to take one of them.

Philly could take him, but I see them being content with what they have. They are in big need of 3-4 DEs, and Floyd/Star could fit that perfectly. They have no one at CB except Brandon Boykin, but is ready to go from nickelback to starter in one year? Regardless, they still need someone, Milliner could be it. But I see Geno Smith being the pick, which sucks because that means im on the same page as Kiper, which is never a good thing.

Leaving Fisher (barring a trade).

Philly got Cary Williams in FA. I really don't see them taking Milliner. Boykin impressed and CW is a good starter. I say they wait until the 2nd to see if Johnathan Banks or another high-potential CB slips, and take Fisher.

April 12th, 2013, 4:33 pm
Team MVP

Shotty wrote:
kdsberman wrote:
Killwill25 wrote:
I can't believe so many people think that Fisher or Joekel will be there at 5. I'm really hoping that TB wants to trade up from 13 for Milliner(Rhodes is the better CB). But all trades aside, I'd probably go with Lane Johnson because he will actually be there and its time to build an O-line. Everyone says Ansah is a project but I'd still take that over the absolute pure nothing we got from KVB last season. I just think that guys like Gholston, Okafor(Who I love as a player), Mingus, Carradine, and Moore will be around later.

I used to not think Fisher would be there at 5, but I really do think he will now, as long as a trade in front of us doesnt happen.

I see KC going Joeckel, like most everyone.

I do NOT see JAX taking Fisher. They said they want a guy that can come in day 1 and change this franchise and be an impact player. Usually you dont refer to LTs as those kinds of guys even though they impact the game in a big way. They were dead last in the league in sacks last year and havent had a guy produce double digit sacks since 2006. I think they will DEFINITELY go defense, im thinking Floyd or Jordan. They have to get pass rushers in there. Possibly Geno Smith too.

I do NOT see Oakland taking Fisher. They, too, need defense. The only team to get less sacks than them was Jacksonville. They lost Richard Seymour. Lost Tommy Kelly. They already have a solid LT in Monroe, and they wont draft a RT at #3. If Floyd or Star are there, they almost have no choice but to take one of them.

Philly could take him, but I see them being content with what they have. They are in big need of 3-4 DEs, and Floyd/Star could fit that perfectly. They have no one at CB except Brandon Boykin, but is ready to go from nickelback to starter in one year? Regardless, they still need someone, Milliner could be it. But I see Geno Smith being the pick, which sucks because that means im on the same page as Kiper, which is never a good thing.

Leaving Fisher (barring a trade).

Philly got Cary Williams in FA. I really don't see them taking Milliner. Boykin impressed and CW is a good starter. I say they wait until the 2nd to see if Johnathan Banks or another high-potential CB slips, and take Fisher.

You think the addition of Cary Williams makes them set for facing Dez Bryant twice a year, Hakeem Nicks twice a year, Victor Cruz (potentially), ..etc?

I dont think they will take Milliner, but it makes sense. I see them taking Geno if hes there.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

April 12th, 2013, 4:44 pm
Hall of Fame Player

I picked other. I don't have just 1. I like all 3 LT's, Milliner, Warmack, and Cooper. I would be thrilled with any 1 of them and ecstatic to get 2 of them somehow.

April 13th, 2013, 12:10 am
Hall of Fame Player

Potentially, bad news for us. Tim Ryan and Pat Kirwan did their weekly mock draft today. And All 3 LT's were taken in the first 4 picks. We selected Milliner @5.

April 13th, 2013, 12:41 am
BillySims wrote:
Potentially, bad news for us. Tim Ryan and Pat Kirwan did their weekly mock draft today. And All 3 LT's were taken in the first 4 picks. We selected Milliner @5.

I'll shove a pickle up my azz and sh!t it out if that happens...

April 13th, 2013, 1:14 am
Team MVP

BillySims wrote:

I dont see that happening at all.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

April 13th, 2013, 1:14 am
5th Round Pick - Traded

The top 4 teams all need the same thing a QUARTERBACK and DEFENSE. None of them actually need a LEFT TACKLE. I have a hard time seeing both Fisher and Joeckel being drafting before the Lions. Sure a trade could happen but most teams are not willing to pay the price unless it's a QB. More than likely most teams will wait until the first two tackles go then trade so they don't lose out on the third one - most trades in draft start happening when there is a run a position and teams don't want to be one left out.

The players most likely to go in the top 5 are Luke Joeckel, Eric Fisher, Star Lotulelei, Sharrif Floyd, Dion Jordan and because he's a QB Geno Smith. Because of their position I don't see Dee Milliner or Chance Warmack gaining top 5.

Ezekiel Ansah is such a wild card he plays a position of need 4-3 DE that so many teams need but draft has plenty of DEs just not elite ones so drafting Ansah is roll of the dice that he can become elite.

April 13th, 2013, 10:09 am
Butkus Award Winner

BillySims wrote:

IMO, that's almost impossible. Why on earth would Oakland need one when they have Jared Veldheer? Did you see the pic of him WJB recently posted? And Jacksonville has a Pro-Bowl LT in Eugene Monroe. Both have dire defensive line needs.

April 13th, 2013, 11:11 am
Hall of Fame Player

Shotty wrote:
BillySims wrote:

IMO, that's almost impossible. Why on earth would Oakland need one when they have Jared Veldheer? Did you see the pic of him WJB recently posted? And Jacksonville has a Pro-Bowl LT in Eugene Monroe. Both have dire defensive line needs.

In their mock, Oakland traded down with Miami, ( who wants a LT). So KC, Miami, and Philly all took LT's.

April 13th, 2013, 12:22 pm
Butkus Award Winner

BillySims wrote:
Shotty wrote:
BillySims wrote:

In their mock, Oakland traded down with Miami, ( who wants a LT). So KC, Miami, and Philly all took LT's.

Got you now. Miami does need a franchise LT, so I wouldn't be surprised to see them give up a LOT to get one.

April 13th, 2013, 12:28 pm
Team MVP

BillySims wrote:
Shotty wrote:
BillySims wrote:

Im pretty sure Oakland wouldnt have to trade all the way up to Oakland to get one of the 3 LTs.

April 13th, 2013, 1:12 pm
RIP Killer

I think the Lions are in a position to be able to trade down. Who the trade partner will be, I can't really say. Miami? Arizona? Buffalo?

I suspect that both Fisher and Joeckel will be off the board by the fifth pick. At that point, I think the Lions need to either take Dee Milliner, or do whatever they can to trade down if he's gone as well. I am not sold on any of the pass rushers at this point being a great fit for the team. I'd rather they waited until round two and considered Alex Okafor, Margus Hunt or Sam Montgomery.

April 16th, 2013, 1:22 pm
Heisman Winner

I take Milliner. Still. Haven't been able to shake that thought through the process..

April 20th, 2013, 2:57 pm
RIP Killer

I just found out something rather interesting. Turns out I know the grandfather of Eric Fisher, very well. He is a member of the Carpathia Club, as I am. As such, I am now hosting a Draft Party at the Carpathia Club so that the grandfather can watch his grandson become an instant millionaire among friends. The poor guy is having a tough time wrapping his mind around his grandson being so well known, and soon having so much money. I might even be able to meet the young man and possibly get an autographed football card of him.

Despite the fact that I don't think the Lions really NEED to go OT in the first round, I kind of have to root for them to draft Fisher if he is there. Best of luck to the young man, no matter who drafts him. In talking with his grandfather, he seems like a very likeable kid.

April 21st, 2013, 9:18 pm
Reply to topic   [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next