View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 2nd, 2014, 5:57 am

Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Boston Marathon Explosion - NON POLITICAL 
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

Post Boston Marathon Explosion - NON POLITICAL
ADMIN EDIT: Apparently this post will be the start of the NON POLITICAL thread.
Quote:
This is for those that may wish to express their feelings, thoughts, etc on the tragedy in Boston yesterday. IF you decide to make it political, your posting privileged will be affected. That simple. Keep it ON TOPIC.

TheRealWags wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
It's a good thing Obama made us more "likable" so stuff like this won't happen on our soil...
With respect, THIS is your first thought? ](*,)

lets all be thankful for no fatalities!

April 15th, 2013, 3:50 pm
Modmin Dude

regularjoe12 wrote:
TheRealWags wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
It's a good thing Obama made us more "likable" so stuff like this won't happen on our soil...
NY Post wrote:
12 dead, dozens more injured after two explosions rock Boston marathon finish line
From POST STAFF REPORT
Last Updated: 3:46 PM, April 15, 2013
Posted: 3:04 PM, April 15, 2013
BOSTON — Two explosions shattered the euphoria of the Boston Marathon finish line on Monday, sending authorities out on the course to carry off the injured while the stragglers in the 26.2-mile trek from Hopkinton were rerouted away from the smoking site of the blasts.

A federal law-enforcement source told The Post there are at least 12 dead and twice as many injured.

Law-enforcement sources said at least the first explosion occurred in the lobby of the Fairmont Hotel.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/t ... ewyorkpost

April 15th, 2013, 3:59 pm

TheRealWags wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:
TheRealWags wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
NY Post wrote:
12 dead, dozens more injured after two explosions rock Boston marathon finish line
From POST STAFF REPORT
BOSTON — Two explosions shattered the euphoria of the Boston Marathon finish line on Monday, sending authorities out on the course to carry off the injured while the stragglers in the 26.2-mile trek from Hopkinton were rerouted away from the smoking site of the blasts.

A federal law-enforcement source told The Post there are at least 12 dead and twice as many injured.

Law-enforcement sources said at least the first explosion occurred in the lobby of the Fairmont Hotel.

well crap! that sucks....

April 15th, 2013, 4:02 pm
Modmin Dude

Quote:
Boston marathon explosions result in injuries
By ASSOCIATED PRESS | 4/15/13 3:07 PM EDT Updated: 4/15/13 3:58 PM EDT

BOSTON (AP) — Two explosions shattered the finish of the Boston Marathon on Monday, sending authorities out on the course to carry away the injured while stragglers in the 26.2-mile race were rerouted away from the smoking site.

Competitors and race volunteers were crying as they fled the chaos. Bloody spectators were being carried to the medical tent that had been set up to care for fatigued runners.

"There are a lot of people down," said one man, whose bib No. 17528 identified him as Frank Deruyter of North Carolina. He was not injured, but marathon workers were carrying one woman, who did not appear to be a runner, to the medical area as blood gushed from her leg. A Boston police officer was wheeled from the course with a leg injury that was bleeding.

Neither race officials nor public officials could immediately estimate the number or degree of injuries.

About three hours after the winners crossed the line, there was a loud explosion on the north side of Boylston Street, just before the photo bridge that marks the finish line. Another explosion could be heard a few seconds later.

Smoke rose from the blasts, fluttering through the national flags lining the route of the world's oldest and most prestigious marathon. TV helicopter footage showed blood staining the pavement in the popular shopping and tourist area known as the Back Bay.

"There are people who are really, really bloody," said Laura McLean, a runner from Toronto, who was in the medical tent being treated for dehydration when she was pulled out to make room for victims of the explosions. "They were pulling them into the medical tent."

Cherie Falgoust was waiting for her husband, who was running the race.

"I was expecting my husband any minute," she said. "I don't know what this building is ... it just blew. Just a big bomb, a loud boom, and then glass everywhere. Something hit my head. I don't know what it was. I just ducked."

Runners who had not finished the race were diverted straight down Commonwealth Avenue and into a family meeting area, according to an emergency plan that had been in place.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2013/04/b ... z2QZ32YUJb

April 15th, 2013, 4:05 pm
Modmin Dude

regularjoe12 wrote:
TheRealWags wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:
TheRealWags wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
NY Post wrote:
From POST STAFF REPORT

well crap! that sucks....
We should note that this info can and likely will be changed / updated several times as it's simply just too early to know WTH happened and how many are injured and the degree of those injuries.

April 15th, 2013, 4:06 pm

so im guessing this JUST happened and is breaking news?

April 15th, 2013, 4:07 pm
Modmin Dude

regularjoe12 wrote:
so im guessing this JUST happened and is breaking news?
Ongoing right now

Per CNN's Jake Tapper Boston police report 2 explosions and 2 dead at this time...

April 15th, 2013, 4:09 pm
Modmin Dude

Breaking News Updates: http://www.breakingnews.com/topic/bosto ... -explosion

April 15th, 2013, 4:16 pm
Modmin Dude

April 15th, 2013, 4:55 pm
Modmin Dude

Quote:
Authorities ID suspect as Saudi national in marathon bombings, under guard at Boston hospital
Last Updated: 4:58 PM, April 15, 2013
Posted: 4:28 PM, April 15, 2013
AP
Police clear the area at the finish line of the 2013 Boston Marathon.
Investigators have a suspect — a Saudi Arabian national — in the horrific Boston Marathon bombings, The Post has learned.

Law enforcement sources said the 20-year-old suspect was under guard at an undisclosed Boston hospital.

It was not immediately clear why the man was hospitalized and whether he was injured in the attack or in his apprehension.

The man was caught less than two hours after the 2:50 p.m. bombing on the finish line of the race, in the heart of Boston.

In addition, Boston police have has surveillance video of someone bringing multiple backpacks to blast site, according to CBS News.

Police also confirmed that there was a third explosion, at the John F. Kennedy Presidential Library and Museum. It was not immediately clear how much damage was done or whether it was related to the bombings at the marathon finish line.

The library bombing occurred about 4:30 p.m. and more than a mile from the marathon.

A law enforcement source confirmed to The Post that 12 people were killed and nearly 50 were injured in today's blast.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/a ... PDGIjYBalO

April 15th, 2013, 5:03 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Happened on Tax Day...and Patriots' Day (The Oklahoma City Bombing also happened on Patriots' Day). I know who I suspect...

April 15th, 2013, 6:25 pm
Modmin Dude

This is for those that may wish to express their feelings, thoughts, etc on the tragedy in Boston yesterday. IF you decide to make it political, your posting privileged will be affected. That simple. Keep it ON TOPIC.

April 16th, 2013, 9:07 am
Modmin Dude

Post Re: Boston Marathon Explosion - NON POLITICAL
Quote:
Explosions reported near Boston Marathon finish line
Emergency crews responding to Boylston Street incident
UPDATED 3:23 PM EDT Apr 15, 2013

BOSTON —Two explosions have been reported near the Boston Marathon finish line on Boylston Street as thousands of people gathered for the race, and there are reports of injuries.

PHOTOS: EXPLOSIONS AT FINISH LINE OF BOSTON MARATHON

At least two explosions were reported at the finish line of the Boston Marathon Monday.

MORE
The blasts happened at about 2:50 p.m. near the intersection of Boylston and Exeter streets. Store fronts have been blown out, and there have been reports of dozens of injuries.

Witnesses said several victims lost limbs, the race was stopped and the area is being evacuated.

The first explosion happened across from the Lenox Hotel and the second blast was about 15 seconds later, witnesses said.

Many of the injured appeared to be spectators who gathered for the 117th running of the race.

NewsCenter 5's Sean Kelly said the impact of the explosions could be felt blocks away.

The victims were being taken to Massachusetts General Hospital.

NewsCenter 5 and WCVB.com will have more information when it becomes available.

Read more: http://www.wcvb.com/news/local/metro/Ex ... z2QYuFOopS

April 16th, 2013, 9:07 am

Post Re: BREAKING: Explosions reported near Boston Marathon finis
thelomasbrowns wrote:
Happened on Tax Day...and Patriots' Day (The Oklahoma City Bombing also happened on Patriots' Day). I know who I suspect...

I have a feeling we will see a "new" enemy emerge from this. I cant help but feel that if it was the usual Al Quida (sp?) groups they would have claimed responsability by now.

I can't shake the feeling that this being on Tax day, that this will be something domestic.

On a side note I am very relieved to say that the few people I knew that were there were a little less than a mile away and no phsyical harm was brought to them. My heart breaks for those not as lucky...

April 16th, 2013, 9:29 am
Modmin Dude

Post Re: Boston Marathon Explosion - NON POLITICAL
Patton Oswalt wrote:
Boston. fudge horrible.

I remember, when 9/11 went down, my reaction was, "Well, I've had it with humanity."

But I was wrong. I don't know what's going to be revealed to be behind all of this mayhem. One human insect or a poisonous mass of broken sociopaths.

But here's what I DO know. If it's one person or a HUNDRED people, that number is not even a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of a percent of the population on this planet. You watch the videos of the carnage and there are people running TOWARDS the destruction to help out. (Thanks FAKE Gallery founder and owner Paul Kozlowski for pointing this out to me). This is a giant planet and we're lucky to live on it but there are prices and penalties incurred for the daily miracle of existence. One of them is, every once in awhile, the wiring of a tiny sliver of the species gets snarled and they're pointed towards darkness.

But the vast majority stands against that darkness and, like white blood cells attacking a virus, they dilute and weaken and eventually wash away the evil doers and, more importantly, the damage they wreak. This is beyond religion or creed or nation. We would not be here if humanity were inherently evil. We'd have eaten ourselves alive long ago.

So when you spot violence, or bigotry, or intolerance or fear or just garden-variety misogyny, hatred or ignorance, just look it in the eye and think, "The good outnumber you, and we always will."

https://www.facebook.com/pattonoswalt/p ... 0800582655

April 16th, 2013, 9:52 am
Reply to topic   [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next