View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 1st, 2014, 10:04 am

Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Boston Marathon derailed thread 
Modmin Dude

Post Boston Marathon derailed thread
This thread has been derailed into a political bickering contest, please

April 15th, 2013, 3:29 pm
Post Re: Explosions reported near Boston Marathon finish line
It's a good thing Obama made us more "likable" so stuff like this won't happen on our soil...

April 15th, 2013, 3:37 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

wjb21ndtown wrote:
It's a good thing Obama made us more "likable" so stuff like this won't happen on our soil...

Kind of hard to blaim Obama on somthing like this?!?! we dont even know if it was a foreign or domestic attack yet. Remember, Timothy McVay (sp?) was a local....

April 15th, 2013, 3:44 pm
regularjoe12 wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:

Kind of hard to blaim Obama on somthing like this?!?! we dont even know if it was a foreign or domestic attack yet. Remember, Timothy McVay (sp?) was a local....

Obama thinks that we need reductions in spending in the military and our national security. He thinks we're "over secure" and that our national security interests hamper our ability to better defend ourselves. Care to re-think your position?

Foreign/domestic, it doesn't matter. He wants to reduce security spending, period.

April 15th, 2013, 3:46 pm
Modmin Dude

wjb21ndtown wrote:
With respect, THIS is your first thought? ](*,)

April 15th, 2013, 3:48 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

wjb21ndtown wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:

Obama thinks that we need reductions in spending in the military and our national security. He thinks we're "over secure" and that our national security interests hamper our ability to better defend ourselves. Care to re-think your position?

Foreign/domestic, it doesn't matter. He wants to reduce security spending, period.

um...I kind of agree...to me homeland security should not exist. Their job is already supposedly being done by the FBI... 2 orginizations doing the same job is a waste of money IMO

April 15th, 2013, 3:48 pm
TheRealWags wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:

Anger over the attack? You bet ya!

April 15th, 2013, 4:08 pm
Modmin Dude

wjb21ndtown wrote:
TheRealWags wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:

No problem with being angry, completely understandable and expected. However, considering as its too early to know anything that happened, especially what the cause was, stating that its because of Obama, or anyone else for that matter, seems rather overzealous and, IMO, wrongly placed. Perhaps the first thoughts could be something along the lines of ensuring those immediately affected are as safe as possible, stopping any further incidents and gathering evidence and facts.

I'll just leave this here for you:

April 15th, 2013, 4:15 pm
TheRealWags wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
TheRealWags wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:

No problem with being angry, completely understandable and expected. However, considering as its too early to know anything that happened, especially what the cause was, stating that its because of Obama, or anyone else for that matter, seems rather overzealous and, IMO, wrongly placed. Perhaps the first thoughts could be something along the lines of ensuring those immediately affected are as safe as possible, stopping any further incidents and gathering evidence and facts.

I'll just leave this here for you:

Sorry, but screw your "first thoughts" they're nothing I can do anything about. I can and am pissed about what happened though, and like I said, unless it was some sort of gas-line accident (no way in hell), I have properly directed my anger.

April 15th, 2013, 4:22 pm
Modmin Dude

wjb21ndtown wrote:
Sorry, but screw your "first thoughts" they're nothing I can do anything about. I can and am pissed about what happened though, and like I said, unless it was some sort of gas-line accident (no way in hell), I have properly directed my anger.
Just wondering, if it turns out to be 'domestic terrorism' is it still Obama's fault? At this point, the only thing I'm willing to claim is that it was a nutjob.

Care you layout your case?

UPDATE:

April 15th, 2013, 4:31 pm
TheRealWags wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
Just wondering, if it turns out to be 'domestic terrorism' is it still Obama's fault? At this point, the only thing I'm willing to claim is that it was a nutjob.

UPDATE:

Already did... Obama and the Democrats hate defense spending.

April 15th, 2013, 4:33 pm
Modmin Dude

wjb21ndtown wrote:
TheRealWags wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:

UPDATE:

Still waiting for your proof, so far all you've provided is opinion.

April 15th, 2013, 4:36 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Post Re: BREAKING: Explosions reported near Boston Marathon finis
I'm sorry, but this is about a tragedy and not a place to go off on a political tangent. My .02

NEVER GIVE UP!

April 15th, 2013, 4:38 pm
Modmin Dude

LionsFan4Life wrote:
I'm sorry, but this is about a tragedy and not a place to go off on a political tangent. My .02
Agreed. I allowed myself to be sucked in by a previous comment; my apologies.

April 15th, 2013, 4:54 pm
TheRealWags wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
TheRealWags wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:

UPDATE:

Still waiting for your proof, so far all you've provided is opinion.

Really?
http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Politics/2 ... ut-defense

http://www.defensenews.com/article/2013 ... ario-8217-

http://www.nrcc.org/2012/10/24/democrat ... ense-cuts/

That Democrats want to cut national defense spending isn't really "new news" that needs "proof."

LionsFan4Life wrote:

Sorry, I didn't know there was an "appropriate" place to talk about the real problem. Maybe we should make another thread?

This is no different than the Democrats discussing the AR-15 ban 2 hours after the latest school shooting.

April 15th, 2013, 5:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next