View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 22nd, 2014, 3:32 am



Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Boston Marathon derailed thread 
Author Message
Pro Bowl Player

Joined: September 13th, 2007, 12:43 pm
Posts: 2617
Post Re: BREAKING: Explosions reported near Boston Marathon finis
It's is shockingly stupid to equate this attack with wanting to cut defense spending.

Like, how do you get out of bed in the morning? I figure you would've hit your head and died by now.


April 15th, 2013, 7:22 pm
Profile
Post Re: BREAKING: Explosions reported near Boston Marathon finis
Blueskies wrote:
It's is shockingly stupid to equate this attack with wanting to cut defense spending.

Like, how do you get out of bed in the morning? I figure you would've hit your head and died by now.


Really? We've had an administration that thought the best policy was to weaken our national security and "make friends" for the last 5 years. I hardly think it's a stretch to say that some of our current policies have weakened our nation.


April 15th, 2013, 7:27 pm
Pro Bowl Player

Joined: September 13th, 2007, 12:43 pm
Posts: 2617
Post Re: BREAKING: Explosions reported near Boston Marathon finis
You're taking a horrible act and turning it into a political argument. An extremely poor one based on absolutely zero logic or facts. You should feel bad.

The DoD budget has risen steadily under Obama, and has only recently been curtailed slightly based on sequestration -- something Republicans fought for. Obama has expanded the war in Afghanistan, gave military assistance to Libyan rebels, and expanded the domestic drone program.

Seriously man. Shameful.


April 15th, 2013, 7:49 pm
Profile
Post Re: BREAKING: Explosions reported near Boston Marathon finis
Blueskies wrote:
You're taking a horrible act and turning it into a political argument. An extremely poor one based on absolutely zero logic or facts. You should feel bad.

The DoD budget has risen steadily under Obama, and has only recently been curtailed slightly based on sequestration -- something Republicans fought for. Obama has expanded the war in Afghanistan, gave military assistance to Libyan rebels, and expanded the domestic drone program.

Seriously man. Shameful.


Again, much different than the current administrations approach to "not waste an tragedy" in their fight for additional gun control?

I'm just sick of the one-sided bullshit. It's ok for the Dems, but never the Reps... It's ridiculous. You can talk about defense spending rising under Obama all you want. He's on record wanting massive cuts, constantly. The reps want entitlement cuts, Obama wants higher taxes and defense cuts, period.


April 15th, 2013, 8:29 pm
Div 1 - Starter

Joined: December 13th, 2005, 2:09 pm
Posts: 524
Post Re: BREAKING: Explosions reported near Boston Marathon finis
wjb21ndtown wrote:
Blueskies wrote:
It's is shockingly stupid to equate this attack with wanting to cut defense spending.

Like, how do you get out of bed in the morning? I figure you would've hit your head and died by now.


Really? We've had an administration that thought the best policy was to weaken our national security and "make friends" for the last 5 years. I hardly think it's a stretch to say that some of our current policies have weakened our nation.


You know wjb, I used to think you were just an angry little man over your comments about Mayhew and the Lions. But to blame the President for wanting to cut defense spending (by the way, the USA spends more on defense than the next SEVENTEEN countries COMBINED - 16 of whom are our allies), is not only ignorant but rather telling.

You're not little, you're not stupid.

EDITED BY ADMIN

_________________
If God isn't a Lions fan, then why is the sky Honolulu Blue?


April 15th, 2013, 8:51 pm
Profile
Post Re: BREAKING: Explosions reported near Boston Marathon finis
JL wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
Blueskies wrote:
It's is shockingly stupid to equate this attack with wanting to cut defense spending.

Like, how do you get out of bed in the morning? I figure you would've hit your head and died by now.


Really? We've had an administration that thought the best policy was to weaken our national security and "make friends" for the last 5 years. I hardly think it's a stretch to say that some of our current policies have weakened our nation.


You know wjb, I used to think you were just an angry little man over your comments about Mayhew and the Lions. But to blame the President for wanting to cut defense spending (by the way, the USA spends more on defense than the next SEVENTEEN countries COMBINED - 16 of whom are our allies), is not only ignorant but rather telling.

You're not little, you're not stupid.

EDITED BY ADMIN.


That's nothing short of comical.

Cutting defense spending, and trying to further cut defense spending, while in the middle of two wars, is idiotic.

There is no other country in the world that has as many enemies as we do. Why? Because we champion freedom, we're a beacon of hope, and we are an "experiment" that flies in the face of everything our enemies do. Our existence threatens theirs. We can bow down to them, and live more as they do, or we can stay strong and committed. I vote for the latter of the two.


April 15th, 2013, 8:56 pm
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: October 20th, 2004, 4:16 pm
Posts: 9848
Location: Where ever I'm at now
Post Re: BREAKING: Explosions reported near Boston Marathon finis
JL wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
Blueskies wrote:
It's is shockingly stupid to equate this attack with wanting to cut defense spending.

Like, how do you get out of bed in the morning? I figure you would've hit your head and died by now.


Really? We've had an administration that thought the best policy was to weaken our national security and "make friends" for the last 5 years. I hardly think it's a stretch to say that some of our current policies have weakened our nation.


You know wjb, I used to think you were just an angry little man over your comments about Mayhew and the Lions. But to blame the President for wanting to cut defense spending (by the way, the USA spends more on defense than the next SEVENTEEN countries COMBINED - 16 of whom are our allies), is not only ignorant but rather telling.

You're not little, you're not stupid.

EDITED BY ADMIN


That, JL, is one of the DUMBEST and most unsupported comments I've read in a long time on this site. Where did racism come into play? Naturally, it is because he is condemning and criticizing Obama, right? And of course, the ONLY reason one would do that is because he's HALF black. It has nothing to do with his being the most inept president in American history, or the fact that wjb makes a valid point that it's OK for Democrats to start talking gun control hours after a school shooting, but it's not OK for a civilian Republican to look at the current administrations foreign policy, defense cuts and rotten immigration policy as having a hand in this.

This is no different than the Democrats screaming about the NRA simply talking about how Obama's kids have armed security at their school, and how the NRA shouldn't be bringing them into the equation. The Dems DEMANDED an apology from the NRA for simply mentioning a FACT. A COLD, HARD F**KING FACT! Yet in the eyes of the Democrats it was perfectly acceptable for Obama to surround himself with children as he was addressing the nation about gun control.

I accept and understand that perhaps it was not the right time to bring up even the remotest possibility that Obama's policies could have lent a hand in the bombing. But to start calling someone a racist because he doesn't agree with a president simply because of the color of his skin is preposterous. You should excuse yourself from trying to have intelligent conversation on this board until you get your sh*t together.

_________________
Driver of the 'we need a coaching change' bandwagon. Climb aboard.


April 15th, 2013, 9:38 pm
Profile
Modmin Dude
User avatar

Joined: December 31st, 2004, 9:55 am
Posts: 11932
Post Re: BREAKING: Explosions reported near Boston Marathon finis
wjb21ndtown wrote:
Cutting defense spending, and trying to further cut defense spending, while in the middle of two wars, is idiotic.
Have you changed your mind? In an earlier discussion you wanted to cut the military, now you want to increase it?
wjb21ndtown wrote:
You bet your badonkadonk I do. I think ALL of the energy subsidies should be done away with. I think military spending should be cut by about 20-30%, I think our military should be down-sized, and I think our tax code should be reformed. Depending what you call "corporate welfare," I'm sure I would be on board there too. I'm all for reducing the size and scope of our Federal Govt.
viewtopic.php?f=2&p=226745#p226745


wjb21ndtown wrote:
There is no other country in the world that has as many enemies as we do. Why? Because we champion freedom, we're a beacon of hope, and we are an "experiment" that flies in the face of everything our enemies do. Our existence threatens theirs. We can bow down to them, and live more as they do, or we can stay strong and committed. I vote for the latter of the two.
While I will agree that the reasons you list may be the reason for some of our enemies, they are not the reasons for all of them. Perhaps we should stay out of other people's business and take care of ourselves for once. We have a nasty habit of trying to push our way of life on everyone else, even if they don't want it. Where in history has this happened before? Most recently, I would say Great Brittan. They brought their way of life to most of the World, until one of them got sick of being told what to do....

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying we should defend ourselves, we absolutely should, however most of the enemies we have now is because we stepped into a dispute that was not the result of us being attacked. And please, look further back than 9/11 when you respond.

_________________
Quote:
Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right....


April 15th, 2013, 11:10 pm
Profile
Post Re: BREAKING: Explosions reported near Boston Marathon finis
TheRealWags wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
Cutting defense spending, and trying to further cut defense spending, while in the middle of two wars, is idiotic.
Have you changed your mind? In an earlier discussion you wanted to cut the military, now you want to increase it?
wjb21ndtown wrote:
You bet your badonkadonk I do. I think ALL of the energy subsidies should be done away with. I think military spending should be cut by about 20-30%, I think our military should be down-sized, and I think our tax code should be reformed. Depending what you call "corporate welfare," I'm sure I would be on board there too. I'm all for reducing the size and scope of our Federal Govt.
viewtopic.php?f=2&p=226745#p226745


wjb21ndtown wrote:
There is no other country in the world that has as many enemies as we do. Why? Because we champion freedom, we're a beacon of hope, and we are an "experiment" that flies in the face of everything our enemies do. Our existence threatens theirs. We can bow down to them, and live more as they do, or we can stay strong and committed. I vote for the latter of the two.
While I will agree that the reasons you list may be the reason for some of our enemies, they are not the reasons for all of them. Perhaps we should stay out of other people's business and take care of ourselves for once. We have a nasty habit of trying to push our way of life on everyone else, even if they don't want it. Where in history has this happened before? Most recently, I would say Great Brittan. They brought their way of life to most of the World, until one of them got sick of being told what to do....

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying we should defend ourselves, we absolutely should, however most of the enemies we have now is because we stepped into a dispute that was not the result of us being attacked. And please, look further back than 9/11 when you respond.


I'll look back to whatever point you want. If you think it's responsible to make a fundamental decision to not support Israel, go for it. I disagree. That said, China (yes China is an enemy), Russia, & North Korea have nothing to do with Israel, and IMO much is over-done about Israel especially in light of Nations like Iran. We've supported Israel for DECADES, yet it's a problem to the extent that they need to attack us NOW, why? I'll tell you why... Because it has nothing to do with Israel, and it has EVERYTHING to do with the internet and information spewing our way of life onto the citizens of their country. Like I said, our existence threatens the legitimacy of their governments, so they "re-visit" the Israel issue to have an excuse to blow chit up over here.

I have outlined many times how I feel our military should be cut. I believe it's two air craft carriers that I recommended cutting, I have no problem with downsizing the nuclear arsenal, hell, IMO the whole tomb of the unknown soldier thing is ridiculous. We spend something like three million dollars a year "guarding" something that isn't under attack. IMO certain costs are out of control, like uniform alterations, defense contracts, etc. These "if you don't use it you lose it" funds are absolutely ridiculous.

That said, that's not what Obama is attacking. Military salaries, and numbers of troops have seemingly been the focus of the Obama administration. Promises of signing bonuses and G.I. bills and scholarships have been welched on, from what I understand. If you talk to people that are actually over there (I have two friends there now) they want out in the worst way because they say it's a total, disorganized cluster phuck, and they were there under Bush and literally wanted to go back.

Obama is using this stupid "sequester" to "bring the pain" and it's been said time and time again that it's intentionally so, to the point he really can't argue against it. He's "brought the pain" to Homeland Security and then... Here you go... It's hard not to think that those cuts could have had something to do with what happened in Boston yesterday.


April 15th, 2013, 11:53 pm
QB Coach
User avatar

Joined: August 21st, 2005, 3:36 am
Posts: 3107
Location: London, UK
Post Re: Boston Marathon derailed thread
Congratulations guys. You've taken what should be a discussion of a national tragedy and turned it into petty partisan bickering. Nice work. Honestly, if this is how you conduct yourselves in your daily lives, I feel sorry for those who have to deal with you.

_________________
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." - John Adams

http://www.11points.com/Books/11_Things ... _Do_Anyway

LET'S GO DUKE!

If you don't like gay marriage, don't get one.


April 16th, 2013, 2:01 am
Profile
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman
User avatar

Joined: March 30th, 2006, 12:48 am
Posts: 3709
Location: Davison Mi
Post Re: Boston Marathon derailed thread
Touchdown Jesus wrote:
Congratulations guys. You've taken what should be a discussion of a national tragedy and turned it into petty partisan bickering. Nice work. Honestly, if this is how you conduct yourselves in your daily lives, I feel sorry for those who have to deal with you.


I agree with you...

This should be the thread where I'd want share the story of the three people I know who ran the race, or how great full I am that my niece had a band camp this weekend forcing my brother not to be able to run, but instead its a thread about nothing that had to do with this tragedy.

Nice...way to spread your own hate, without any conscience for those affected by this. ](*,)

_________________
2013 Lionbacker Fantasy Football Champion


April 16th, 2013, 8:35 am
Profile
Modmin Dude
User avatar

Joined: December 31st, 2004, 9:55 am
Posts: 11932
Post Re: Boston Marathon derailed thread
regularjoe12 wrote:
Touchdown Jesus wrote:
Congratulations guys. You've taken what should be a discussion of a national tragedy and turned it into petty partisan bickering. Nice work. Honestly, if this is how you conduct yourselves in your daily lives, I feel sorry for those who have to deal with you.


I agree with you...

This should be the thread where I'd want share the story of the three people I know who ran the race, or how great full I am that my niece had a band camp this weekend forcing my brother not to be able to run, but instead its a thread about nothing that had to do with this tragedy.

Nice...way to spread your own hate, without any conscience for those affected by this. ](*,)
Touchdown Jesus wrote:
Congratulations guys. You've taken what should be a discussion of a national tragedy and turned it into petty partisan bickering. Nice work. Honestly, if this is how you conduct yourselves in your daily lives, I feel sorry for those who have to deal with you.

_________________
Quote:
Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right....


April 16th, 2013, 9:29 am
Profile
Post Re: Boston Marathon derailed thread
Touchdown Jesus wrote:
Congratulations guys. You've taken what should be a discussion of a national tragedy and turned it into petty partisan bickering. Nice work. Honestly, if this is how you conduct yourselves in your daily lives, I feel sorry for those who have to deal with you.



Bullshit... "national tragedy" my cock. It was a stupid event that shouldn't be marked by history. Stop giving these clowns credit for doing nothing.


April 16th, 2013, 11:10 am
Post Re: Boston Marathon derailed thread
regularjoe12 wrote:
Touchdown Jesus wrote:
Congratulations guys. You've taken what should be a discussion of a national tragedy and turned it into petty partisan bickering. Nice work. Honestly, if this is how you conduct yourselves in your daily lives, I feel sorry for those who have to deal with you.


I agree with you...

This should be the thread where I'd want share the story of the three people I know who ran the race, or how great full I am that my niece had a band camp this weekend forcing my brother not to be able to run, but instead its a thread about nothing that had to do with this tragedy.

Nice...way to spread your own hate, without any conscience for those affected by this. ](*,)


Why talk about "victims" that never happened? Why talk about all of the "what ifs" and "what could have beens"? Why use this as a means to effect our lives at all? That's what whomever did this wanted.

This is LESS tragic than the shooting at the Detroit fireworks a couple of years ago, and that barely made national news, and it was an afterthought. Don't fall for the "victimization" of this country. It's a great Nation and we're above petty bullshit like this.


April 16th, 2013, 11:12 am
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman
User avatar

Joined: March 30th, 2006, 12:48 am
Posts: 3709
Location: Davison Mi
Post Re: Boston Marathon derailed thread
wjb21ndtown wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:
Touchdown Jesus wrote:
Congratulations guys. You've taken what should be a discussion of a national tragedy and turned it into petty partisan bickering. Nice work. Honestly, if this is how you conduct yourselves in your daily lives, I feel sorry for those who have to deal with you.


I agree with you...

This should be the thread where I'd want share the story of the three people I know who ran the race, or how great full I am that my niece had a band camp this weekend forcing my brother not to be able to run, but instead its a thread about nothing that had to do with this tragedy.

Nice...way to spread your own hate, without any conscience for those affected by this. ](*,)


Why talk about "victims" that never happened? Why talk about all of the "what ifs" and "what could have beens"? Why use this as a means to effect our lives at all? That's what whomever did this wanted.

This is LESS tragic than the shooting at the Detroit fireworks a couple of years ago, and that barely made national news, and it was an afterthought. Don't fall for the "victimization" of this country. It's a great Nation and we're above petty bullshit like this.


For a guy who JUST SAID he hasnt watched a bit of news on the subject, you sure sound like you are an authority on this "victimless incident".

I guess those people who were injured or died are just whiney pussies eh? I mean, they're just peaceful civilians, why even TRY to hear their stories. the dumb bastards shouldnt even have been there in the first place, it was a monday, dont they have jobs? right?

You are smarter than this WJB...please start using your brain instead of your rectum when expressing yourself.


and I'd like to add...for all the bitching and complaining about how the other side is a bunch of douchbags for putting an agenda above the people, what does that make you when you do it as well? (Hint.....it's a bag of something that smells an awful lot like vinegar)

_________________
2013 Lionbacker Fantasy Football Champion


April 16th, 2013, 11:23 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.