View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 30th, 2014, 1:18 pm

Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Boston Marathon derailed thread 
RIP Killer

Post Re: Boston Marathon derailed thread
regularjoe12 wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:
Touchdown Jesus wrote:
Congratulations guys. You've taken what should be a discussion of a national tragedy and turned it into petty partisan bickering. Nice work. Honestly, if this is how you conduct yourselves in your daily lives, I feel sorry for those who have to deal with you.

I agree with you...

This should be the thread where I'd want share the story of the three people I know who ran the race, or how great full I am that my niece had a band camp this weekend forcing my brother not to be able to run, but instead its a thread about nothing that had to do with this tragedy.

Nice...way to spread your own hate, without any conscience for those affected by this. ](*,)

Why talk about "victims" that never happened? Why talk about all of the "what ifs" and "what could have beens"? Why use this as a means to effect our lives at all? That's what whomever did this wanted.

This is LESS tragic than the shooting at the Detroit fireworks a couple of years ago, and that barely made national news, and it was an afterthought. Don't fall for the "victimization" of this country. It's a great Nation and we're above petty bullshit like this.

For a guy who JUST SAID he hasnt watched a bit of news on the subject, you sure sound like you are an authority on this "victimless incident".

I guess those people who were injured or died are just whiney pussies eh? I mean, they're just peaceful civilians, why even TRY to hear their stories. the dumb bastards shouldnt even have been there in the first place, it was a monday, dont they have jobs? right?

You are smarter than this WJB...please start using your brain instead of your rectum when expressing yourself.

and I'd like to add...for all the bitching and complaining about how the other side is a bunch of douchbags for putting an agenda above the people, what does that make you when you do it as well? (Hint.....it's a bag of something that smells an awful lot like vinegar)

I think you missed the point Joe. You said this is a thread where you would want to talk about three people you know who ran the race. Were THEY injured or killed? If not, then they are not victims and as such there is nothing to talk about regarding them. I'm sure many people know someone who either ran the race, attended the race or thought about running the race but weren't affected by this.

And, while I don't exactly agree with how he is expressing it, wjb has a point about declaring this a "national tragedy". If this was a terrorist act, you have to ask yourself what the motive was? Just to kill people? No. Terrorists are interested in one thing, and that's changing the American way of life. Whether it has to do with cyber attacks, or physical attacks, or psychological attacks, they are interested solely in reducing our freedoms and imposing their wierd beliefs on us. If people start going on and on about this, as they have with the Sandy Hook incident, it moves beyond being just a tragic event and goes into becoming a political hot topic where someone in power feels the need to 'do something' that will basically do nothing to stop an incident like this in the future, but will limit our freedoms or somehow affect our way of life.

Sh*t happens. Trying to prevent each and every bad thing that occurs in the nation or the world just isn't a realistic goal.

April 16th, 2013, 12:31 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

I hear ya M2k....

I understand that much of this will be exagerated and drawn out, but that is NO EXCUSE to show no empathy at all. We are no better than the DB's we complain about when we take every oportunity to push an agenda, over trying to understand our fellow americans and what they are going through.

to be honest watching the first reactions of many people, im more than a little concerned about teh reactions from this incident. What laws are going to be attempted to change, what racial tensions are going to be revived (even though we have NO IDEA who did this, many americans are set thats its the arabs again)

This was a horrible thing that happened, and if your first reaction has nothing to do with concern for your fellow americans, how can you DARE count yourself amonst them?

I get where he is going....but to show such a lack of class in getting there.....makes him part of the problem, not any kind of solution. How different would his reaction be if his wife was in that race? but since it's no one he knows, its ALL AGENDA. it makes him as bad as the "libtards" (love that word) that he claims to hate.

April 16th, 2013, 12:45 pm
regularjoe12 wrote:
I hear ya M2k....

I understand that much of this will be exagerated and drawn out, but that is NO EXCUSE to show no empathy at all. We are no better than the DB's we complain about when we take every oportunity to push an agenda, over trying to understand our fellow americans and what they are going through.

to be honest watching the first reactions of many people, im more than a little concerned about teh reactions from this incident. What laws are going to be attempted to change, what racial tensions are going to be revived (even though we have NO IDEA who did this, many americans are set thats its the arabs again)

This was a horrible thing that happened, and if your first reaction has nothing to do with concern for your fellow americans, how can you DARE count yourself amonst them?

I get where he is going....but to show such a lack of class in getting there.....makes him part of the problem, not any kind of solution. How different would his reaction be if his wife was in that race? but since it's no one he knows, its ALL AGENDA. it makes him as bad as the "libtards" (love that word) that he claims to hate.

Empathy is fine, but this over-pouring of ridiculousness of wearing shirts to "commemorate" this thing, all of the facebook banter, photoshopped "memorials," and news coverage is DISTASTEFULLY over done. It gives way, WAY too much credit to this event.

People are DYING to call themselves victims just because they "knew someone in Boston that day."

The media and everyone buying into it are FEEDING this type of crap, yes crap. Do you think all of these school shootings and mass public "events" would be happening if they weren't glorified by the news outlets? Do you think there would have been a 2nd and even 3rd "Columbine" shooting, if the first one wasn't sensationalized? I don't.

We're glorifying this garbage, and MAKING ourselves victims. The "threshold" of what is considered a "national tragedy" is so low at this point, two deaths is now considered to be the bar. That's pathetic.

This is very similar to the CULTURE that crept into the Pistons with Rasheed crying about ticky-tack fouls to the point where we started crying about EVERY foul, such that the refs had a bias against us. That's what we're doing as a society. We're crying "VICTIM" and playing the victim card, and playing the role of the victim on a WORLD stage, over an event that should have been relatively inconsequential.

April 16th, 2013, 12:56 pm

wjb21ndtown wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:
I hear ya M2k....

Empathy is fine, but this over-pouring of ridiculousness of wearing shirts to "commemorate" this thing, all of the facebook banter, photoshopped "memorials," and news coverage is DISTASTEFULLY over done. It gives way, WAY too much credit to this event.

People are DYING to call themselves victims just because they "knew someone in Boston that day."

The media and everyone buying into it are FEEDING this type of crap, yes crap. Do you think all of these school shootings and mass public "events" would be happening if they weren't glorified by the news outlets? Do you think there would have been a 2nd and even 3rd "Columbine" shooting, if the first one wasn't sensationalized? I don't.

We're glorifying this garbage, and MAKING ourselves victims. The "threshold" of what is considered a "national tragedy" is so low at this point, two deaths is now considered to be the bar. That's pathetic.

This is very similar to the CULTURE that crept into the Pistons with Rasheed crying about ticky-tack fouls to the point where we started crying about EVERY foul, such that the refs had a bias against us. That's what we're doing as a society. We're crying "VICTIM" and playing the victim card, and playing the role of the victim on a WORLD stage, over an event that should have been relatively inconsequential.

ok I get all that, but in the first 24 hours dont you think a little compassion might be in order? It was just happening and already you pushed your agenda.....to me thats JUST as sickening!

when something bad happens the FIRST thing you are supposed to do is take care of those who need assistance...even if its just an ear to listen. you DONT spout off about any little excuse you come across just to further your own damn agenda...then in the same breath complain that the other side is a DB for doing so.....do you not understand how morally bankrupt that is?

April 16th, 2013, 2:09 pm
regularjoe12 wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:
I hear ya M2k....

ok I get all that, but in the first 24 hours dont you think a little compassion might be in order? It was just happening and already you pushed your agenda.....to me thats JUST as sickening!

when something bad happens the FIRST thing you are supposed to do is take care of those who need assistance...even if its just an ear to listen. you DONT spout off about any little excuse you come across just to further your own damn agenda...then in the same breath complain that the other side is a DB for doing so.....do you not understand how morally bankrupt that is?

I was sickened and disgusted with the whole Connecticut thing, but apparently that's the way of the World, or at least the "way of the U.S." now... At least it is for one party, and as they say, "if it's good for the goose, it's good for the gander."

I'm sick of this one-sided marketing ploy and smear campaign from the left, where they get to politicize everything, but it's "insensitive" when it's not in their favor. Two hours after the event they were discussing gun control, two hours... For two weeks they talked about how the shooting was done with a "high capacity AR-15" until the coroner's report proved that all of the shootings were done with a low-caliber pistol, and the "truth" made its way out that the AR was actually left in the car, but again, that was a little blurb on the back page that got literally zero attention.

I already outlined why it's wrong, and why it has to be done. This isn't a situation where one side can be "right" and "better principled" and not suffer from it. The "news" isn't about conveying the truth any longer, it's a marketing ploy of the left and it needs to be exposed as such.

April 16th, 2013, 2:36 pm

see this is what I dont understand...if it sickens you to see others do it, why do it yourself?

Shouldn't you hold yourself to a higher standard than the people who disgust you? If for no other reason than principle alone?

April 16th, 2013, 3:00 pm
Modmin Dude

regularjoe12 wrote:
see this is what I dont understand...if it sickens you to see others do it, why do it yourself?

Shouldn't you hold yourself to a higher standard than the people who disgust you? If for no other reason than principle alone?
Agreed. This is almost like deja vu, as there's another poster that says and acts the same way....

It's almost as if some peeps have forgotten how to take the high road and move on. For whatever reason, it seems as though they have the need to be right or to not be wrong. dontknow.gif

April 16th, 2013, 3:20 pm
TheRealWags wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:

Agreed. This is almost like deja vu, as there's another poster that says and acts the same way....

It's almost as if some peeps have forgotten how to take the high road and move on. For whatever reason, it seems as though they have the need to be right or to not be wrong. dontknow.gif

I already addressed this. Do you guys read?

April 16th, 2013, 8:54 pm
QB Coach

regularjoe12 wrote:

Exactly. People somehow justify their own poor behavior by pointing out that someone else did it first. I used to do that too, but then I grew beyond my adolescent years and stopped the immature bs.

If your only justification for doing something is because someone else does it, it's not a justification at all. It's an excuse. And it's pathetic.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

April 16th, 2013, 8:55 pm
Touchdown Jesus wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:

Exactly. People somehow justify their own poor behavior by pointing out that someone else did it first. I used to do that too, but then I grew beyond my adolescent years and stopped the immature bs.

If your only justification for doing something is because someone else does it, it's not a justification at all. It's an excuse. And it's pathetic.

Again, already addressed.

April 16th, 2013, 9:00 pm
QB Coach

I didn't want to soil the other thread by being "political" but what I want to share here is that the potential for these two to be Turks or Chechans, doesn't this reinforce the need for better, stricter immigration control, and border security?

I'm reminded of the Roman empire who towards the end of its reign as the power figure, was having difficulties with the Barbarians. Instead of securing their borders they paid off the intruders.

I have also been hearing and have yet to research a common Roman tactic for it's populace called "Bread and Circus." What little I know at this point is that the Romans had 97 holidays throughout the year. Days in which the "mob" was given bread and entertainment (Colisseum) as a social program. The reason behind it was that a "mob" dependant upon the government for "bread and circus" was a "mob" easier controlled.

Now fast forward 2000 years to modern day USA, and we have and advanced system of "Bread and Circus" called Welfare. Housing, food, medical care, utilities, income, phones all provided or subsidized by the government. The "mob" or common populace become dependant upon the government for those resources. Over time it becomes easier controlled, "if you want this, you must do that". It's pretty obvious to me what is developing, but what do I know I'm just an intolerant, Right Wing Born Again Christian.

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

April 19th, 2013, 8:29 am
WarEr4Christ wrote:
I didn't want to soil the other thread by being "political" but what I want to share here is that the potential for these two to be Turks or Chechans, doesn't this reinforce the need for better, stricter immigration control, and border security?

I'm reminded of the Roman empire who towards the end of its reign as the power figure, was having difficulties with the Barbarians. Instead of securing their borders they paid off the intruders.

I have also been hearing and have yet to research a common Roman tactic for it's populace called "Bread and Circus." What little I know at this point is that the Romans had 97 holidays throughout the year. Days in which the "mob" was given bread and entertainment (Colisseum) as a social program. The reason behind it was that a "mob" dependant upon the government for "bread and circus" was a "mob" easier controlled.

Now fast forward 2000 years to modern day USA, and we have and advanced system of "Bread and Circus" called Welfare. Housing, food, medical care, utilities, income, phones all provided or subsidized by the government. The "mob" or common populace become dependant upon the government for those resources. Over time it becomes easier controlled, "if you want this, you must do that". It's pretty obvious to me what is developing, but what do I know I'm just an intolerant, Right Wing Born Again Christian.

I don't think it's so much "immigration control," but I've said for years that we should have people assimilate more (learn English better, learn about the Country, etc.) before we let them in.

I mean, even if this was an "immigrant" we still have look at how he got in, etc.

April 19th, 2013, 9:17 am
Player of the Year - Defense

This is a long post by a guy on Reddit talking about government waste. He claims to have worked for a government contractor for years, and he details the amount of waste in the system, particularly the military:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Economics/comme ... ion_works/

April 27th, 2013, 6:49 pm
Reply to topic   [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3